• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:49
CEST 03:49
KST 10:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8071 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 210 211 212 213 214 339 Next
Mauzel
Profile Joined December 2009
United States421 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 16:52:25
July 23 2013 16:51 GMT
#4221
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 00:15 Vanka wrote:
Mid Nocturne

He has less burst than TF and weaker gank assist in lane though, his ult also needs vision instead of providing it, which can make cleaning up harder. And he's a bit more predictable in that he only has roughly half the range on his ult, and can't really instaclear the wave (at least not until it's balled up, while TF can kill it while it's still aligned).

How does he work? Apart from the ganking, I mean. You try to tag the enemy laner with Q when he goes for a last hit and use the MS to catch up and fear him, with the spellshield used to deflect any cc/peeling thrown your way? Since he lacks a "true" gap closer I'm having trouble figuring how he kills his laning opponent (unless they somehow let him get into fear casting range).


Nocturne's clear is only slightly worse than TF's. His passive is red card and his Q is TF's Q, except he trades less damage and range (on passive) for sustain and MS boost.

Fear's range is not bad. It would be tricky to get people like ryze unless you bait out a W.

But against heros like Lux or Annie (hard not to telegraph CC) Nocturne should be able to get in range with spellshield.

The problem is it seems quite mana intensive: you might have to use all 3 skills to trade effectively in lane.

To kill the enemy laner I would pretend to roam and then just ulti back in once the mid pushes lol.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
July 23 2013 16:55 GMT
#4222
Noct's ulti is more than just gapcloser though. Time and time again we see how strong the vision deny part is. In fact it seems like the vision deny is almost stronger than the gap closer itself.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
July 23 2013 16:57 GMT
#4223
Idk if you care at all guys but today I am subbing for Nfac in challenger series europe, you can watch me here http://www.twitch.tv/kaostv/ , games should start asap
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Kyrie
Profile Joined June 2013
1594 Posts
July 23 2013 17:00 GMT
#4224
will be watching, best of luck
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
July 23 2013 17:01 GMT
#4225
Been playing mid noc for years fucking noobs get on my level

Mid noc shits into completely

Rapid star did it in ogn a couple seasons ago too
TranslatorBaa!
Ethelis
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2400 Posts
July 23 2013 17:01 GMT
#4226
On July 24 2013 01:57 Scip wrote:
Idk if you care at all guys but today I am subbing for Nfac in challenger series europe, you can watch me here http://www.twitch.tv/kaostv/ , games should start asap


Will a wild Sandshrew Rammus appear?
Disabled gamer - Diamond 3 (LoL) D+ Rank scrublord on BW. Bisu doesnt need DTs, He uses probes. just ask Flash.
Zhiroo
Profile Joined February 2011
Kosovo2724 Posts
July 23 2013 17:02 GMT
#4227
Scip fighting!
LoL EuW: Zhiroo - By starting this squabble you've proven nothing but how vast your stupidity is.
chinstrap
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom253 Posts
July 23 2013 17:02 GMT
#4228
Sup guys.

I been lurking here for a while, mostly when i have nothing to do at work. I think I have got much better at this game just from reading this GD thread over the last few weeks. Hence my recent win streak. Just a quick question/observation...

Has anyone else noticed the amount of boosters dramatically increasing around silver 1 / gold 5 mmr? It seems whenever I approach or am in the promo to gold there is always a plat V- II plus bronze I on my team or the other massively effecting the outcome of said games. Has anyone else noticed this (on EUW btw)?

Also is there a TL channel on EUW? Hit me up on giarc89 if anyone wants to play!
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 17:06:38
July 23 2013 17:02 GMT
#4229
Nocturne actually has enough damage from AD build + Q first to one-shot the caster minions? If so my bad, I thought he'd have to at least cleave them on top of the Q. Ignore the silly dude.

And Smash made it pretty hard to watch his stream when he moved after landing a job at Riot, went from "oh it's between 11 PM and 3 AM, got time to watch" to "between 5 AM and 9 AM". Well at least it removed once incentive to stay awake late.

Edit: on EUW it's LiquidParty, and I haven't seen a lot of these duos you speak of (what happened more often is a guy slightly ahead of the rest, and his buddy who's in placement matches—pretty painful when it's obvious said buddy isn't at the level of play and will simply either tank his friend's Elo or end up placed way too high due to getting carried, then suffer the inevitable loss streak back to his appropriate level).
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 17:04:44
July 23 2013 17:04 GMT
#4230
On July 24 2013 02:01 xMiragex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 01:57 Scip wrote:
Idk if you care at all guys but today I am subbing for Nfac in challenger series europe, you can watch me here http://www.twitch.tv/kaostv/ , games should start asap


Will a wild Sandshrew Rammus appear?

I think that Excadrill is banned

the EUW TL channel is "LiquidParty"
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
July 23 2013 17:05 GMT
#4231
On July 24 2013 02:01 xMiragex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 01:57 Scip wrote:
Idk if you care at all guys but today I am subbing for Nfac in challenger series europe, you can watch me here http://www.twitch.tv/kaostv/ , games should start asap


Will a wild Sandshrew Rammus appear?

From chatting with him yesterday :
«I pick Rammus only if Zac, Elise, and Nunu, are banned» :p
The legend of Darien lives on
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
July 23 2013 17:05 GMT
#4232
*Eve Elise and Nunu
MR TOLKIEN, GOLDFISH, MEMORY, WORDS
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Zhiroo
Profile Joined February 2011
Kosovo2724 Posts
July 23 2013 17:07 GMT
#4233
On July 24 2013 02:02 chinstrap wrote:
Sup guys.

I been lurking here for a while, mostly when i have nothing to do at work. I think I have got much better at this game just from reading this GD thread over the last few weeks. Hence my recent win streak. Just a quick question/observation...

Has anyone else noticed the amount of boosters dramatically increasing around silver 1 / gold 5 mmr? It seems whenever I approach or am in the promo to gold there is always a plat V- II plus bronze I on my team or the other massively effecting the outcome of said games. Has anyone else noticed this (on EUW btw)?

Also is there a TL channel on EUW? Hit me up on giarc89 if anyone wants to play!


Yes, I've been facing a lot of Plat-Bronze duos in my recent ranked matches.

The TL chat channel in EUW is LiquidParty

Also something funny yesterday I was playing Ryze vs Nidalee and Nida walks towards bot I pinged 3 times that she's missing and said 'I can't follow her, no mana' she shows up bot 5 seconds later (they have no wards) and gets a kill on Cait and she's like 'Omg say ss', I told her that I pinged and she was like 'Omg report Ryze for no communication' telling me to type ss instead of ping. Laughed my ass off.
LoL EuW: Zhiroo - By starting this squabble you've proven nothing but how vast your stupidity is.
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
July 23 2013 17:07 GMT
#4234
On July 24 2013 02:04 Scip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 02:01 xMiragex wrote:
On July 24 2013 01:57 Scip wrote:
Idk if you care at all guys but today I am subbing for Nfac in challenger series europe, you can watch me here http://www.twitch.tv/kaostv/ , games should start asap


Will a wild Sandshrew Rammus appear?

I think that Excadrill is banned

the EUW TL channel is "LiquidParty"

Excadrill was banned to Ubers yes.

Noc is a surprisingly good solo laner. His kit is pretty powerful because it was designed with old jungle in mind and has lots of free stats, defensive shield and sustain and he loves having farm. It's a situational pick but I think it has a lot of unexplored potential.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
July 23 2013 17:08 GMT
#4235
LOL MRTOLKIEN TOLD THEM WHAT CHAMPIONS I PLAY
good thing he misremembered
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 23 2013 17:08 GMT
#4236
On July 24 2013 02:02 chinstrap wrote:
Sup guys.

I been lurking here for a while, mostly when i have nothing to do at work. I think I have got much better at this game just from reading this GD thread over the last few weeks. Hence my recent win streak. Just a quick question/observation...

Has anyone else noticed the amount of boosters dramatically increasing around silver 1 / gold 5 mmr? It seems whenever I approach or am in the promo to gold there is always a plat V- II plus bronze I on my team or the other massively effecting the outcome of said games. Has anyone else noticed this (on EUW btw)?

Also is there a TL channel on EUW? Hit me up on giarc89 if anyone wants to play!

So many plat boosters. It's really funny, when I duo'ed with a friend and there was a plat V on someone's team, that team would always lose. It basically became a free win xD
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Ethelis
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2400 Posts
July 23 2013 17:10 GMT
#4237
On July 24 2013 02:08 Scip wrote:
LOL MRTOLKIEN TOLD THEM WHAT CHAMPIONS I PLAY
good thing he misremembered


Dat your eve? roflllll gg tolkien
Disabled gamer - Diamond 3 (LoL) D+ Rank scrublord on BW. Bisu doesnt need DTs, He uses probes. just ask Flash.
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 17:13:34
July 23 2013 17:10 GMT
#4238
On July 24 2013 02:08 Scip wrote:
LOL MRTOLKIEN TOLD THEM WHAT CHAMPIONS I PLAY
good thing he misremembered

Well tbh I just said the 3 FotM junglers usually banned xD

I forgot you played the dancing queen.

EDIT : I just talked about it here. Scip is making fun of me because I got a goldfish memory.
The legend of Darien lives on
Ghost-z
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1291 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 17:16:59
July 23 2013 17:15 GMT
#4239
Could you play Nocturn mid as a counter to TF mid? Everytime TF tries to roam and ult you just follow him and counter ult. You can force him to teleport while blind, and spell shielding gold card should be easy. The only issue I can see is the lack of range on Nocturn's level 6 ult.

edit = perhaps Riot will nerf TF's ult to have shorter range at levels 6 and 11 just like they did to nocturn and then he will be balanced.
Fairy Tales when you're a child begin with "Once upon a time" and when you're an adult begin, "If elected I promise..."
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 23 2013 17:16 GMT
#4240
On July 24 2013 02:10 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2013 02:08 Scip wrote:
LOL MRTOLKIEN TOLD THEM WHAT CHAMPIONS I PLAY
good thing he misremembered

Well tbh I just said the 3 FotM junglers usually banned xD

I forgot you played the dancing queen.

EDIT : I just talked about it here. Scip is making fun of me because I got a goldfish memory.

It's been proved that goldfish do have decent memories :c
Stahp hating goldfish
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Prev 1 210 211 212 213 214 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
09:00
#102
CranKy Ducklings87
davetesta36
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 271
WinterStarcraft151
RuFF_SC2 106
CosmosSc2 75
ViBE54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2164
GuemChi 1430
Artosis 613
910 47
MaD[AoV]20
Bale 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever349
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 474
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox739
Other Games
summit1g8789
Day[9].tv765
JimRising 649
shahzam649
C9.Mang0359
Trikslyr31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick846
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
• EnkiAlexander 19
• Letter145
• Hinosc 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv765
• Shiphtur660
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
14h 12m
The PondCast
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 20h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.