• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:25
CEST 12:25
KST 19:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9215 users

[Patch 1.0.0.128: Shyvana] General Discussion - Page 142

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 187 Next
Want to rage about your latest loss?
Use the QQ thread.
If you whine in GD, you'll get warned.

- Neo, 9:49 KST, Nov 9th
Harrow
Profile Joined November 2010
United States245 Posts
November 10 2011 22:04 GMT
#2821
Just had a teammate rage for half a game because I got a Kage's and Hourglass on Jungle Fiddle. Isn't this semi-standard? He was essentially saying we lost because I didn't rush RoA.
Sandster
Profile Joined November 2006
United States4054 Posts
November 10 2011 22:10 GMT
#2822
On November 11 2011 07:04 travis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 06:46 Ryuu314 wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:43 mr_tolkien wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:38 Mogwai wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:27 Requizen wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:23 Mogwai wrote:
alright, this is getting silly, let's talk about the resurgence of boots of mobility. I'm pretty stoked that people have started building them again, they seem to be indicative of a lot more early roaming and ganking which is more fun early play.

I <3 MoBoots (yes that's what we call them), but the Tenacity on Merc's and the damage from Sorc/Zerker (depending on champ) is usually too much to pass up, especially in the early game.

I situationally like all boots.

Except for swiftness, I can never justify them over ninja tabi or BoM.

You've never played Singed, have you ? It's so funny to be even MORE trollolo :D

Every time I see a singed build swiftness I want to cry.

Why would you build swiftness on singed? Mercs + ulti makes singed basically immune to cc the way Irelia + mercs is immune to cc. Tabis are also great when the other team has scary autoattackers like kog or vayne. It also helps to justify going cloth+5pot against hard lanes too.

I honestly can never see a situation where I would ever want to build swiftness.


umm isn't it completely dependent on who u are laning vs?

i'd think swiftness vs say, garen, would make perfect sense


You want armor against Garen.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 10 2011 22:12 GMT
#2823
On November 11 2011 07:04 travis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 06:46 Ryuu314 wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:43 mr_tolkien wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:38 Mogwai wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:27 Requizen wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:23 Mogwai wrote:
alright, this is getting silly, let's talk about the resurgence of boots of mobility. I'm pretty stoked that people have started building them again, they seem to be indicative of a lot more early roaming and ganking which is more fun early play.

I <3 MoBoots (yes that's what we call them), but the Tenacity on Merc's and the damage from Sorc/Zerker (depending on champ) is usually too much to pass up, especially in the early game.

I situationally like all boots.

Except for swiftness, I can never justify them over ninja tabi or BoM.

You've never played Singed, have you ? It's so funny to be even MORE trollolo :D

Every time I see a singed build swiftness I want to cry.

Why would you build swiftness on singed? Mercs + ulti makes singed basically immune to cc the way Irelia + mercs is immune to cc. Tabis are also great when the other team has scary autoattackers like kog or vayne. It also helps to justify going cloth+5pot against hard lanes too.

I honestly can never see a situation where I would ever want to build swiftness.


umm isn't it completely dependent on who u are laning vs?

i'd think swiftness vs say, garen, would make perfect sense

Tabi would still be better vs Garen, IMO. Consider that you start cloth+5pot (which you probably have to vs. Garen). You can get Tabi at least 1 trip sooner than Swiftness, meaning that you have movespeed advantage earlier, AND its giving you more armor. Plus if you get Nimbleness procs, they give you more of an MS boost than Swiftness.
Moderator
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
November 10 2011 22:16 GMT
#2824
Um I build swiftness on garen <.< only person
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
November 10 2011 22:27 GMT
#2825
On November 11 2011 07:16 Shikyo wrote:
Um I build swiftness on garen <.< only person

When I dont have dodge runes and masteries and the other team doesn't have much CC, THEN swiftness is justified, otherwise, you are alone.
In the woods, there lurks..
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
November 10 2011 22:30 GMT
#2826
On November 11 2011 06:15 DrKlingmann wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 22:34 freelander wrote:
actually it's Élő but you don't even have the letters for it

poor people


Maybe it's Ęłó? :D
So right now even you don't have letters for it :-P


the inventor's name was Élő Árpád
And all is illuminated.
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
November 10 2011 22:53 GMT
#2827
Without doing calculations I got moonblade on sion after getting mercs because I wanted mobility but later needed tenacity.
Stuck.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 10 2011 22:57 GMT
#2828
I assume you meant "after getting BoM".

I'd personally rather swap BoM for merc's late game over buying Spellblade. It's 500g to swap BoM for Merc's, versus 1200g and an item slot for Spellblade. At that point you should mostly be hanging with your team rather than running around ganking so the value of BoM drops considerably.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 23:02:00
November 10 2011 22:59 GMT
#2829
Still don't know how much items sell for in lol... I assume it's the wikis somewhere but all I know is that gp10 items sell for less, and if you buy the wrong items in the beginning actually at any point you are screwed cause you don't get refunded full amount if you sell in a particular window of time.
Stuck.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 23:01:06
November 10 2011 23:00 GMT
#2830
70%

50% doran's / gp10
twitch.tv/cratonz
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
November 10 2011 23:01 GMT
#2831
50% for gold items and dorans
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
November 10 2011 23:05 GMT
#2832
On November 11 2011 06:46 Ryuu314 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 06:43 mr_tolkien wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:38 Mogwai wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:27 Requizen wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:23 Mogwai wrote:
alright, this is getting silly, let's talk about the resurgence of boots of mobility. I'm pretty stoked that people have started building them again, they seem to be indicative of a lot more early roaming and ganking which is more fun early play.

I <3 MoBoots (yes that's what we call them), but the Tenacity on Merc's and the damage from Sorc/Zerker (depending on champ) is usually too much to pass up, especially in the early game.

I situationally like all boots.

Except for swiftness, I can never justify them over ninja tabi or BoM.

You've never played Singed, have you ? It's so funny to be even MORE trollolo :D

Every time I see a singed build swiftness I want to cry.

Why would you build swiftness on singed? Mercs + ulti makes singed basically immune to cc the way Irelia + mercs is immune to cc. Tabis are also great when the other team has scary autoattackers like kog or vayne. It also helps to justify going cloth+5pot against hard lanes too.

I honestly can never see a situation where I would ever want to build swiftness.



Against a team that's light on CC and high on mobility, swiftness is better
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
November 10 2011 23:12 GMT
#2833
On November 11 2011 08:05 Phrost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 06:46 Ryuu314 wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:43 mr_tolkien wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:38 Mogwai wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:27 Requizen wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:23 Mogwai wrote:
alright, this is getting silly, let's talk about the resurgence of boots of mobility. I'm pretty stoked that people have started building them again, they seem to be indicative of a lot more early roaming and ganking which is more fun early play.

I <3 MoBoots (yes that's what we call them), but the Tenacity on Merc's and the damage from Sorc/Zerker (depending on champ) is usually too much to pass up, especially in the early game.

I situationally like all boots.

Except for swiftness, I can never justify them over ninja tabi or BoM.

You've never played Singed, have you ? It's so funny to be even MORE trollolo :D

Every time I see a singed build swiftness I want to cry.

Why would you build swiftness on singed? Mercs + ulti makes singed basically immune to cc the way Irelia + mercs is immune to cc. Tabis are also great when the other team has scary autoattackers like kog or vayne. It also helps to justify going cloth+5pot against hard lanes too.

I honestly can never see a situation where I would ever want to build swiftness.



Against a team that's light on CC and high on mobility, swiftness is better

Than mercs? Sure.

Against a team that autoattacks enough that you're going to get a dodge proc (or if you just pick one up off creep aggro), the MS boost from Nimbleness is more than the difference between Boots 2 and Boots 3.
Moderator
Flicky
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
England2675 Posts
November 10 2011 23:13 GMT
#2834
Just browsing the Dignitas site and they have an Ask the LoL team thread and someone asked LoCicero a question there. How cute =3
Liquipedia"I was seriously looking for a black guy" - MrHoon
Brettatron
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada159 Posts
November 10 2011 23:15 GMT
#2835
On November 11 2011 04:00 Sabin010 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 03:56 Requizen wrote:
On November 11 2011 03:55 Sandster wrote:
I once knocked up a mini-golem in the jungle (forgot who I was playing - maybe Jarvan?) and the dude flew up in the air off the screen. A few seconds later it fell back down and I killed it. That was bizarre.

Yeah, the knockup physics can freak out sometimes. I'll occasionally knock people into the air for seconds at a time as Xin, freaked me the hell out.


That's nothing, I once kicked a guy as Lee Sin into a wall he couldn't pass through and he dissapeared for a good 5 seconds.


IMO Chuck Noris skin for Lee Sin.
sylverfyre
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8298 Posts
November 10 2011 23:28 GMT
#2836
On November 11 2011 07:04 travis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 06:46 Ryuu314 wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:43 mr_tolkien wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:38 Mogwai wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:27 Requizen wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:23 Mogwai wrote:
alright, this is getting silly, let's talk about the resurgence of boots of mobility. I'm pretty stoked that people have started building them again, they seem to be indicative of a lot more early roaming and ganking which is more fun early play.

I <3 MoBoots (yes that's what we call them), but the Tenacity on Merc's and the damage from Sorc/Zerker (depending on champ) is usually too much to pass up, especially in the early game.

I situationally like all boots.

Except for swiftness, I can never justify them over ninja tabi or BoM.

You've never played Singed, have you ? It's so funny to be even MORE trollolo :D

Every time I see a singed build swiftness I want to cry.

Why would you build swiftness on singed? Mercs + ulti makes singed basically immune to cc the way Irelia + mercs is immune to cc. Tabis are also great when the other team has scary autoattackers like kog or vayne. It also helps to justify going cloth+5pot against hard lanes too.

I honestly can never see a situation where I would ever want to build swiftness.


umm isn't it completely dependent on who u are laning vs?

i'd think swiftness vs say, garen, would make perfect sense

Tabi's armor and dodge are both awesome on garen aren't they? His judgement does a fair but but ultimately he does most of his damage with autos.
Phrost
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States4008 Posts
November 10 2011 23:36 GMT
#2837
On November 11 2011 08:28 sylverfyre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 07:04 travis wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:46 Ryuu314 wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:43 mr_tolkien wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:38 Mogwai wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:27 Requizen wrote:
On November 11 2011 06:23 Mogwai wrote:
alright, this is getting silly, let's talk about the resurgence of boots of mobility. I'm pretty stoked that people have started building them again, they seem to be indicative of a lot more early roaming and ganking which is more fun early play.

I <3 MoBoots (yes that's what we call them), but the Tenacity on Merc's and the damage from Sorc/Zerker (depending on champ) is usually too much to pass up, especially in the early game.

I situationally like all boots.

Except for swiftness, I can never justify them over ninja tabi or BoM.

You've never played Singed, have you ? It's so funny to be even MORE trollolo :D

Every time I see a singed build swiftness I want to cry.

Why would you build swiftness on singed? Mercs + ulti makes singed basically immune to cc the way Irelia + mercs is immune to cc. Tabis are also great when the other team has scary autoattackers like kog or vayne. It also helps to justify going cloth+5pot against hard lanes too.

I honestly can never see a situation where I would ever want to build swiftness.


umm isn't it completely dependent on who u are laning vs?

i'd think swiftness vs say, garen, would make perfect sense

Tabi's armor and dodge are both awesome on garen aren't they? His judgement does a fair but but ultimately he does most of his damage with autos.


You can't dodge decisive strike so, no not really
iamphrost.tumblr.com // http://howtobebettermagicplayer.tumblr.com // twitter @phrost_
kepael
Profile Joined July 2011
United States177 Posts
November 10 2011 23:40 GMT
#2838
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/triple-threat-value-pack-limited-time-only

That's actually a good price. They'll all probably be reduced in ip cost soon, but it's way better than those crap 1500 RP bundles they released a while ago. Think I might actually pick it up.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
November 10 2011 23:54 GMT
#2839
Katarina might be, but MF and Xin aren't in the original champion pool. It's a good deal if you don't already own them ^_^ I don't see how MF or Katarina are favorites though and I haven't seen much Xin since he got nerfed months ago...
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Craton
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States17303 Posts
November 11 2011 00:03 GMT
#2840
Triple threat for champs nobody plays right now.
twitch.tv/cratonz
Prev 1 140 141 142 143 144 187 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 12227
StarCastTV_EN264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 350
Lowko193
ProTech105
Rex 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 9504
EffOrt 4569
BeSt 1408
Larva 1061
Hyuk 858
ZerO 791
Horang2 689
Hyun 231
Zeus 229
Killer 169
[ Show more ]
Light 165
Stork 144
Barracks 120
Rush 71
Shinee 46
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 29
Mong 24
Terrorterran 24
PianO 19
Sacsri 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
sorry 6
HiyA 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XaKoH 683
XcaliburYe358
League of Legends
KnowMe40
Counter-Strike
byalli817
Other Games
singsing1726
olofmeister1404
crisheroes245
Sick156
ArmadaUGS59
Mew2King50
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 173
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH314
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1900
• Stunt356
Other Games
• WagamamaTV164
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
35m
Rex42
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 35m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 35m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.