• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:38
CEST 20:38
KST 03:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9621 users

Simple Questions and Answers - Page 139

Forum Index > Hearthstone General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 162 Next
Konguy101
Profile Joined July 2015
0 Posts
July 06 2015 12:23 GMT
#2761
On July 06 2015 16:24 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
so earlier svjz had a deathlord stolen by a cabal shadow priest then he played vanish and it went to his opponents hand. since vanish says return to owner's hand shouldn't have returned to savjz's hand. or does owner just mean who controlls it

The latter is correct, whoever controls it at the time gets it. For example, if a priest were to shadow madness a minion and used youthful brewmaster, it would return to the priest's hand, not the original owner, albeit them playing it in the first place.
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-06 16:41:32
July 06 2015 16:41 GMT
#2762
if your opponent is immune can you still attack their face?
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Melliflue
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom1389 Posts
July 06 2015 17:01 GMT
#2763
On July 07 2015 01:41 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
if your opponent is immune can you still attack their face?

Testing it on the Baron Rivendare solo adventure says 'no'. I couldn't attack the hero with a minion or my hero equipped with a weapon, neither could I target the enemy hero with spells.
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
July 09 2015 07:20 GMT
#2764
If you silence a minion with hunter mark does it stay at 1 hp?
tomnov
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel148 Posts
July 09 2015 08:43 GMT
#2765
On July 09 2015 16:20 Complete wrote:
If you silence a minion with hunter mark does it stay at 1 hp?

no, it goes back to full health
I reject your reality and substitute my own
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
July 21 2015 19:37 GMT
#2766
I have a handlock deck, but lack Jaraxxus. Should I save up for him or just use my Dust to craft other things and hope I open him in a pack?
It's your boy Guzma!
linkhimura
Profile Joined March 2014
Argentina231 Posts
July 21 2015 21:30 GMT
#2767
I don't play since the end of naxxramas, and just came back now (seeing that goblins and a new solo quest have been released).

I have 800 gold. Should I start saving to open this new adventure (I don't know if it's good or bad, easy or hard, or if it drops any good "meta" cards, I know nothing!), or should I go to arena/open boosters, if the adventure is bad.

I don't have any good deck, so if it drops, let's say, one perfect card for one of the meta decks (or one for each), and everything else isn't that good, then it wouldn't be good for me, since I don't have any.

What should I do? thank you.
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
July 22 2015 08:27 GMT
#2768
On July 22 2015 04:37 Requizen wrote:
I have a handlock deck, but lack Jaraxxus. Should I save up for him or just use my Dust to craft other things and hope I open him in a pack?


Lord Jaraxxus is not required for Handlock.

If you're going to be saving up your dust and you end up with enough to craft him, then you could decide based on your experiences.
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
kingjames01
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada1603 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-22 08:29:26
July 22 2015 08:29 GMT
#2769
On July 22 2015 06:30 linkhimura wrote:
I don't play since the end of naxxramas, and just came back now (seeing that goblins and a new solo quest have been released).

I have 800 gold. Should I start saving to open this new adventure (I don't know if it's good or bad, easy or hard, or if it drops any good "meta" cards, I know nothing!), or should I go to arena/open boosters, if the adventure is bad.

I don't have any good deck, so if it drops, let's say, one perfect card for one of the meta decks (or one for each), and everything else isn't that good, then it wouldn't be good for me, since I don't have any.

What should I do? thank you.


You should wait until Blizzard makes their big announcement later on today and then decide.
Who would sup with the mighty, must walk the path of daggers.
calgar
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States1277 Posts
July 22 2015 13:50 GMT
#2770
On July 22 2015 17:27 kingjames01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2015 04:37 Requizen wrote:
I have a handlock deck, but lack Jaraxxus. Should I save up for him or just use my Dust to craft other things and hope I open him in a pack?


Lord Jaraxxus is not required for Handlock.

If you're going to be saving up your dust and you end up with enough to craft him, then you could decide based on your experiences.
Having said that, if you genuinely want to use him (he's fun) then hoping to open him could take a very long time. It's all random so you could get him tomorow, but IMO you could easily go a year without opening him, so I would say craft him and don't look back.
anmolsinghmzn2009
Profile Joined June 2011
India1783 Posts
July 27 2015 04:08 GMT
#2771
Turn 4 on handlock, is it better to play mountain giant or twilight drake if i have both in hand?
Dunk first. Ask questions while dunking.
ch1los
Profile Joined February 2014
United States0 Posts
August 04 2015 04:57 GMT
#2772
What is tempo?
Pronounced: Chee-los. Don't worry, be happy!
Sedzz
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Australia391 Posts
August 04 2015 05:18 GMT
#2773
On July 27 2015 13:08 anmolsinghmzn2009 wrote:
Turn 4 on handlock, is it better to play mountain giant or twilight drake if i have both in hand?


Generally drake is better as it is weaker to less things, but it depends on the board state and the match up.
Catholicizer
Profile Joined May 2015
United States0 Posts
August 04 2015 12:24 GMT
#2774
On August 04 2015 13:57 ch1los wrote:
What is tempo?

"Tempo is a term used in Magic: The Gathering to indicate the advantage gained when a player is able to play more or stronger cards in a shorter period of time due to efficient resource allocation. A companion concept to card advantage, it is sometimes defined as the means by which a player gains additional options or decreases the options possessed by the opponent by means not directly pertaining to respective numbers of playable cards."

Copy and pasted from the Wikipedia article for Tempo in MtG. The concept is the same in HS.

BGH is probably the best example for a good tempo play. Say your opponent spends his/her whole turn 7 casting War Golem. On your turn, you can remove it and leave a 4/2 body for 3 mana, and still have 4 mana leftover to play with. You undid his whole turn and added to your board at the same time, which is a massive tempo gain.
DW-Unrec
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
492 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-05 21:46:50
August 05 2015 21:41 GMT
#2775
^ my understanding of tempo is tweaking your turn "power". You can borrow power from your next turn or store "power" to be used on your next turn. Haunted Creeper is a tempo card because it has shit stats for a 2 mana creature, but you'll be using its tokens for the next 2 or 3 turns to deal 1 damage twice whenever you need. Frost Bolt is a tempo card because you're basically skipping your turn (if you play it on turn 2) and giving up a bit of card advantage for this 3 damage one time. But because this could mean you get board control by using it, it's a good card.


Came here to ask a related question to you guys: What are the best creatures to have on the board as facehunter? I'm always confused as to what creatures should be my 2 drops. Haunted Creepers don't provide either face damage for an agressive deck. I feel like it's a comeback/board control card and doesn't suit the facehunter. Can someone tell me why I'm wrong?
Sedzz
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Australia391 Posts
August 06 2015 11:21 GMT
#2776
On August 06 2015 06:41 DW-Unrec wrote:

Came here to ask a related question to you guys: What are the best creatures to have on the board as facehunter? I'm always confused as to what creatures should be my 2 drops. Haunted Creepers don't provide either face damage for an agressive deck. I feel like it's a comeback/board control card and doesn't suit the facehunter. Can someone tell me why I'm wrong?


Creeper is a sticky minion, you're getting 7 stats for 2 mana, if the opponent uses removal on it, it increases power on board, this gives you opportunity to increase damage through Leokk, Abusive, Glaivezooka, etc. Not to mention it's good for trading if really necessary and also with Knife Juggler.

Generally you want to play Mad Scientist over any other two drop if you have multiple in hand but it's all dependent on mu and board state
DW-Unrec
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
492 Posts
August 06 2015 16:43 GMT
#2777
On August 06 2015 20:21 Sedzz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2015 06:41 DW-Unrec wrote:

Came here to ask a related question to you guys: What are the best creatures to have on the board as facehunter? I'm always confused as to what creatures should be my 2 drops. Haunted Creepers don't provide either face damage for an agressive deck. I feel like it's a comeback/board control card and doesn't suit the facehunter. Can someone tell me why I'm wrong?


Creeper is a sticky minion, you're getting 7 stats for 2 mana, if the opponent uses removal on it, it increases power on board, this gives you opportunity to increase damage through Leokk, Abusive, Glaivezooka, etc. Not to mention it's good for trading if really necessary and also with Knife Juggler.

Generally you want to play Mad Scientist over any other two drop if you have multiple in hand but it's all dependent on mu and board state


Does it matter if it's sticky or not? Golem is also sticky but we don't run it in face hunter. I feel like the creeper is a tempo ping card, and facehunter isn't usually trading, right? By playing creeper you're basically stalling your turn. Sure you might get a lucky kill on a paladin token, but that's as far as it goes.

I'm really confused
Catholicizer
Profile Joined May 2015
United States0 Posts
August 06 2015 17:09 GMT
#2778
On August 07 2015 01:43 DW-Unrec wrote:
Does it matter if it's sticky or not? Golem is also sticky but we don't run it in face hunter. I feel like the creeper is a tempo ping card, and facehunter isn't usually trading, right? By playing creeper you're basically stalling your turn. Sure you might get a lucky kill on a paladin token, but that's as far as it goes.

I'm really confused


If you're playing against anything other than another face deck, they're going to be killing your minions because they can see very quickly what your game plan is. This is why Haunted Creeper is good. They can try to ignore it if they want, but eventually they're going to have to deal with it or accept taking damage every turn.

The reason why Creeper gets played and Harvest Golem doesn't is simply a mana cost -> efficiency deal. Golem gives total 4/4 stats for 3 mana, Creeper gives 3/4 total stats, but only costs 2 mana. Would you pay 1 mana for just 1 attack? There are other factors at play too, such as 2 1/1 bodies being (generally) better than 1 2/2 body. Creeper is also a beast, which doesn't usually matter in Face Hunter but does in Midrange/Hybrid.

As an aside, if you decided to put Harvest Golem in your face deck, it wouldn't be a horrible idea. If I recall correctly Golem used to be standard for Face Hunter.
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
August 06 2015 17:14 GMT
#2779
Three things:
* it actually gets stronger when it dies (1 attack -> 2 attack, also 2 juggles) this is the most important part
* it's a beast unlike Harvest Golem - comes into play every now and then
* 2 mana is less than 3 =p

To expand on point 1, that mans the opponent often doesn't want to clear it, because it's less threatening as a 1/2 and wastes a lot of time to fully clear. Especially since unlike Harvest golem you have to attack 3 targets, not 2 to fully clear it.
DW-Unrec
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
492 Posts
August 06 2015 22:50 GMT
#2780
so when I'm playing aggro I can cut it out from my deck disregarding the fact that every supposedly legend deck runs 2?
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 360
ProTech164
UpATreeSC 116
BRAT_OK 91
MindelVK 24
Railgan 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2126
Bisu 1047
Dewaltoss 129
Shinee 49
Trap 29
Bale 24
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
XaKoH 580
420jenkins417
Counter-Strike
fl0m4539
pashabiceps864
Fnx 642
x6flipin213
kRYSTAL_29
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3224
Liquid`Hasu484
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1708
FrodaN868
B2W.Neo310
Livibee173
C9.Mang0146
TKL 102
QueenE83
RotterdaM59
Mew2King35
JuggernautJason11
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV213
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 14
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3165
• TFBlade666
Other Games
• Shiphtur1284
• imaqtpie711
• WagamamaTV360
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 23m
Patches Events
21h 23m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.