• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:40
CEST 18:40
KST 01:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8415 users

Pulling Wisdom Teeth - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Eben
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States769 Posts
July 21 2009 21:42 GMT
#41
You should be able to ask the doctor (well, the people working the desk in his office) how much it will cost and how much your insurance will cover. They will tell you if you ask.

On a side note, I had all my wisdom teeth pulled at once, it wasn't bad at all, they didn't knock me out, and I didn't take any of the vicodin they gave me. Just a good bit of bleeding and soreness is all.
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
July 21 2009 21:43 GMT
#42
On July 22 2009 02:12 Hammy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2009 01:59 nttea wrote:
my wisdom teeth was wise enough to grow properly :p is the procedure really so hard that your normal dentist won't do it? sound's weird to me. By the way i'm sure you will be fine, the worst thing that can happen is that it hurts a little.

When your wisdom teeth actually grow out and become apparent, any dentist could do it quite easily. However, once they have to dig into the flesh to get the tooth out, you're definitely better off with an oral surgeon.


ok thanks! that makes sense.
eMbrace
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States1300 Posts
July 22 2009 00:57 GMT
#43
It's not bad at all, everyone should do it while they are still under their parents insurance.

I wasn't put to sleep, just numbed up -- but on the last one I felt it and I was like "ummm haha ow," and my dentist was like, "it's almost out, think you can just hang in there?"

"whatever"

I bled a lot for the next couple days though, that's the worst part -- but my bleeding was abnormal. they give you vicadin but honestly, it's just an ache -- nothing terrible.
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
July 22 2009 01:00 GMT
#44
I got four impacted wisdom teeth removed. $15 because of insurance
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
DrTJEckleburg
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1080 Posts
July 22 2009 01:05 GMT
#45
On July 22 2009 03:40 StorrZerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2009 02:43 DrTJEckleburg wrote:
If it makes you feel any better I got all my wisdom teeth out in March, I went to a dentist, they were all impacted, and I only took Tylenol(despite having Vicodin available) and I was just fine. The only shitty part was the food for a week.


made some extra cash to cover the bills lol?


Dental insurance broseph, my place takes care of me.
Im pretty good at whistling with my hands, especially when Im holding a whistle.
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-22 05:07:22
July 22 2009 05:06 GMT
#46
I actually got my wisdom teeth out 3 days ago. It really isn't as bad as people tell you it is. They numb your mouth up then they go to work. When I was getting them out every time I felt anything the dentist told me to raise my hand then he just numbed the spot more so I literally didn't feel a thing. The pain went away really quickly. I didn't even have to use the Vicodin they gave me after like 8 hours. The worst part is waiting for the swelling to go down. My bleeding stopped in about 20 minutes.
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
July 22 2009 05:18 GMT
#47
I got recommended to a specialist as well. It will hurt your wallet, the actual procedure isn't bad at all (you're knocked out). From what I'm aware, you almost always get referred to a specialist for this procedure unless your dentist himself is a specialist... that's what happened with the 3 people I know besides myself (yes I had a specialist as well).
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
July 22 2009 05:33 GMT
#48
On July 22 2009 03:13 Kwark wrote:
Jeez. I had no idea so many people had fucked wisdom teeth. I knew they sometimes were orientated badly but still, major evolution fail for this many lopsided teeth. What the hell did people do before dentists?


They lived with screwed up teeth. <insert mandatory British teeth joke>
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
MiniRoman
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Canada3953 Posts
July 22 2009 05:39 GMT
#49
On July 22 2009 06:43 nttea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2009 02:12 Hammy wrote:
On July 22 2009 01:59 nttea wrote:
my wisdom teeth was wise enough to grow properly :p is the procedure really so hard that your normal dentist won't do it? sound's weird to me. By the way i'm sure you will be fine, the worst thing that can happen is that it hurts a little.

When your wisdom teeth actually grow out and become apparent, any dentist could do it quite easily. However, once they have to dig into the flesh to get the tooth out, you're definitely better off with an oral surgeon.


ok thanks! that makes sense.


That's actually wrong, if they aren't going to come out then the roots grow longer and can pierce into your sinsus' on top or hit a nerve in your jaw on the bottom which would fuck up your mouth sensations !_! If they come in normally then ya, any dentist could pull it easy but if they aren't coming in the buds stay the same and only the roots grow longer ~~. Would definitely need a surgeon in that case cause you have to go deeper.
Nak Allstar.
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-22 05:49:41
July 22 2009 05:44 GMT
#50
The cost of getting wisdom teeth removed depends on how much work they have to do to get it out. If they are just getting pulled not as much. Some people though get their unerupted wisdom teeth pulled because they are coming in weird, or as MiniRoman was saying, and then it would be more because they have to actually cut into your gums and stuff.
Never Knows Best.
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
July 22 2009 05:45 GMT
#51
On July 22 2009 03:13 Kwark wrote:
Jeez. I had no idea so many people had fucked wisdom teeth. I knew they sometimes were orientated badly but still, major evolution fail for this many lopsided teeth. What the hell did people do before dentists?
I didn't notice mine come through. Assumed it was pretty standard.


Learned in an anthro course that traditional diets somehow affected all this stuff.

Like anthropologists used to observe certain tribes in northern Canada years before they made contact with modern civilization, and 100% of them (there were thousands) were completely lacking need of a dentist (zero cavities for the entire population, straight enough teeth nothing was NECESSARY to be done, maybe a little crooked but only asthetically unappealing). Once they were exposed to processed foods, which within a few years began to dominate their diet, something like 75+% needed dentists.
FMGustave
Profile Joined February 2008
United States81 Posts
July 22 2009 05:45 GMT
#52
I also was referred to a specialist when my wisdom teeth needed to be pulled. Instead of my teeth being numbed I was actually put to sleep, which made the whole procedure feel like it was only a minute. Although the rest of the day I was pretty loopy, at least I wasn't in pain.
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
July 22 2009 05:51 GMT
#53
On July 22 2009 14:45 FabledIntegral wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2009 03:13 Kwark wrote:
Jeez. I had no idea so many people had fucked wisdom teeth. I knew they sometimes were orientated badly but still, major evolution fail for this many lopsided teeth. What the hell did people do before dentists?
I didn't notice mine come through. Assumed it was pretty standard.


Learned in an anthro course that traditional diets somehow affected all this stuff.

Like anthropologists used to observe certain tribes in northern Canada years before they made contact with modern civilization, and 100% of them (there were thousands) were completely lacking need of a dentist (zero cavities for the entire population, straight enough teeth nothing was NECESSARY to be done, maybe a little crooked but only asthetically unappealing). Once they were exposed to processed foods, which within a few years began to dominate their diet, something like 75+% needed dentists.


Corn with its sugar content really helped tooth decay along.
Never Knows Best.
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
July 22 2009 10:06 GMT
#54
On July 22 2009 14:39 MiniRoman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2009 06:43 nttea wrote:
On July 22 2009 02:12 Hammy wrote:
On July 22 2009 01:59 nttea wrote:
my wisdom teeth was wise enough to grow properly :p is the procedure really so hard that your normal dentist won't do it? sound's weird to me. By the way i'm sure you will be fine, the worst thing that can happen is that it hurts a little.

When your wisdom teeth actually grow out and become apparent, any dentist could do it quite easily. However, once they have to dig into the flesh to get the tooth out, you're definitely better off with an oral surgeon.


ok thanks! that makes sense.


That's actually wrong, if they aren't going to come out then the roots grow longer and can pierce into your sinsus' on top or hit a nerve in your jaw on the bottom which would fuck up your mouth sensations !_! If they come in normally then ya, any dentist could pull it easy but if they aren't coming in the buds stay the same and only the roots grow longer ~~. Would definitely need a surgeon in that case cause you have to go deeper.

what? didn't you just say what hammy said???
Oedi
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada265 Posts
July 22 2009 10:12 GMT
#55
I pulled out all four at once. Was on drugs though, crazy ass experience. they told me to sleep for the day but 2 hours later i started SCing and chilling at my friends house.
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
July 22 2009 10:27 GMT
#56
No idea about the cost other then that in sweden it's expensive as hell iirc.
Thank god I only have minor pain every now and then from the growing out process... They are coming out the way they should.

One of my sisters had to take all 4. My other sister needed braces when she was a child.. Man I was lucky
K_ Takahashi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States203 Posts
July 22 2009 17:01 GMT
#57
After my wisdom teeth got infected last October (after being without sleep for about 3 days due to pain) I went to a dentist for the first time in some 16 years, got x-rayed, referred to an oral surgeon, got x-rayed again, went over what needed to be done with the Dr., and found the overall (up front) cost of $2600 (due to having the surrounding molars removed as well) to be removed.

With having no insurance (missed getting it last year because I got hired after the enrollment date) I just wanted to get out of there, the kicker is that week cost me nearly $500 in visits with zero treatment (I didn't even bother with the scrips for vicodin nor antibiotics because I was that broke). I suppose whenever infectious pain is around I'll just stick with Vitamin A.

In the event that I do end up getting these things removed I need to find a pillman who can give me something better than the lame meds I will probably be receiving.
thopol
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Japan4560 Posts
July 22 2009 17:41 GMT
#58
2 of mine are sideways too. Tell me how it goes, I'll be going through similar soon.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 136
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 558
IndyStarCraft 136
BRAT_OK 45
MindelVK 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26622
Bisu 1336
Shuttle 1247
Hyuk 773
Mini 479
firebathero 197
Sexy 63
hero 62
Mong 48
Hyun 43
[ Show more ]
Killer 42
Trap 39
Pusan 37
PianO 37
Liquid`Ret 26
ToSsGirL 26
zelot 18
Rock 15
Sacsri 11
Bale 10
ggaemo 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9139
qojqva1699
Dendi951
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1561
crisheroes1234
Liquid`Hasu689
Other Games
singsing1876
fl0m1670
FrodaN1660
Beastyqt671
Mlord451
Hui .246
Liquid`VortiX173
Livibee155
ArmadaUGS145
KnowMe141
Mew2King60
Trikslyr35
CosmosSc2 18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• mYiSmile126
• Adnapsc2 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8302
Other Games
• Shiphtur282
• WagamamaTV201
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
21m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 21m
INu's Battles
19h 21m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 21m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.