• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:54
CEST 14:54
KST 21:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8952 users

Pulling Wisdom Teeth - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
BalliSLife
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
1339 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-21 17:14:10
July 21 2009 17:13 GMT
#21
Not a big deal since almost everyone has to go through with it. It's better that they put you to sleep and then pull it out rather then numbing it with 4 needle shots to the gum which is what i did. But really it's no big deal.


man up
Ya well, at least I don't fuck a fleshlight with a condom on and cry at the same time.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
July 21 2009 17:15 GMT
#22
On July 22 2009 02:08 [GiTM]-Ace wrote:
just dont be an idiot like me and forget to take the painkillers right after....

I honesty wanted to cry ( i think i might have actually dont remember though)


I sure did cry. At first I didn't want the vicodin but I sure needed it after a while. Falling asleep was extremely difficult too, fortunately it was the weekend and I didn't have classes, but that pain is excruciating. Oh, and the constant drooling is fun too.

Actually there's one cool part, and that's feeling the jawbone with your tongue after it stops bleeding and there's just this huge, rock hard empty hole where your tooth used to be.
Moderator
shavingcream66
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1219 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-21 17:16:45
July 21 2009 17:16 GMT
#23
my wisdom teeth were impacted meaning that they hadn't fully grown out yet (still inside the gums). So the doctor had to cut the gums of my teeth and then drill away a piece of bone covering the tooth and then pull it out. It hurt. Couldn't eat solid food for a month and stitches in my mouth

edit: they didn't put me to sleep since my parents were too cheap to pay for that LOL !
HooHa!
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
United States688 Posts
July 21 2009 17:22 GMT
#24
The freakiest thing is the stitches in your gums. I started feeling around with my tongue and noticed these knotted things starting to come loose. I figure they disintegrate after a while, at least these kinds. I never had stitches before, especially not ones in my mouth. And I ripped em out. I waited a while and picked them out when it was pretty well healed though, I recommend you train yourself like a monk and don't feel around, because you don't want to mess with that junk.

It was weird when they came out though. It wasn't a problem, but it just was annoying and I was afraid if I had ripped them out I woulda broke open my mouth and needed more surgery, but it was okay.
Hoo Ra!
gotwater
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States179 Posts
July 21 2009 17:26 GMT
#25
i actually got my wisdom teeth out 2 weeks ago. unfortunately for me, food got stuck in one of the holes so they had to clean that out . so just remember to rinse after u eat and you'll be fine in no time.
Everything counts.
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-21 17:42:27
July 21 2009 17:41 GMT
#26
On July 22 2009 01:32 MiniRoman wrote:
I just got all 4 of mine out, the normal dentist is suppossed to recommend a surgeon specialist it's normal. It's roughly 600 per tooth + money for anasthetic and shit, overall mine was 1900 but Greenshield covered 80% of the costs. What kinda dental insurance do you have?


I have Greenshield, and my dad has some insurance that will cover me as well. Even though they both cover 100%, the upper limit is only 700 combined (because I used some this year already).

On July 22 2009 02:02 d3_crescentia wrote:
wow I just went to the dentist this morning and the x-rays of my bottom two wisdom teeth look EXACTLY like that


According to wiki, 46% of wisdom teeth have mesioangular impact, so it's not too surprising.
:]
DrTJEckleburg
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1080 Posts
July 21 2009 17:43 GMT
#27
If it makes you feel any better I got all my wisdom teeth out in March, I went to a dentist, they were all impacted, and I only took Tylenol(despite having Vicodin available) and I was just fine. The only shitty part was the food for a week.
Im pretty good at whistling with my hands, especially when Im holding a whistle.
Tsagacity
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2124 Posts
July 21 2009 17:47 GMT
#28
When I had my wisdom teeth pulled the actual operation took 5 minutes (20 minutes of prep) and it was completely painless. I didn't swell at all either. The only annoying part was being numb for a while that day.

"Everyone worse than me at video games is a noob. Everyone better than me doesn't have a life."
Saddened Izzy
Profile Joined July 2009
United States198 Posts
July 21 2009 17:50 GMT
#29
Not a big deal got my bottom two pulled just felt sore after and numb but nothing like braces were the first time on. (I only had 2 wisdom teeth) I'm also missing to left canine adult tooth, but the baby one is still in there and working T_T
I don't use AIM/MSN/ etc stop asking...
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
July 21 2009 18:08 GMT
#30
I got four of mine pulled about 3 weeks ago and they hurt like shit because they were like fully impacted. Just give it some time to rest, cut back on your foods and you'll be fine. You won't be needing painkillers besides on the first couple of days.
God Bless
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44353 Posts
July 21 2009 18:13 GMT
#31
Jeez. I had no idea so many people had fucked wisdom teeth. I knew they sometimes were orientated badly but still, major evolution fail for this many lopsided teeth. What the hell did people do before dentists?
I didn't notice mine come through. Assumed it was pretty standard.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Kenny
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States678 Posts
July 21 2009 18:15 GMT
#32
Seriously don't worry man. There are a lot of people in this thread posting shit that isn't going to help you be more confident about this. I got both sides of wisdom teeth taken out and didn't take any pain meds and was totally fine. Its like anything else, go in with confidence, and the process will be so much easier on you both mentally and physically. Good luck!
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
July 21 2009 18:16 GMT
#33
I got three pulled in late June.
the procedure itself was fine-I was put under "twilight sedation" and couldn't feel a thing. I was laughing uncontrollably for a bit after.
The first night was bad-I had to constantly change my gauss. Be careful not to pull the clot. Lots of blood, couldn't eat, couldn't spit, etc. etc. etc.
Had a lot of water/apple juice though.
The next day I ate congee, which is rice porridge. That went down fairly easily, and I still had to use a bit of gauss. I started taking Vicodin then-the key is to take Vicodin as soon as you feel even a bit of pain.
Your mouth might still feel swollen-that's the worst part.
Basically, just be careful what you eat. Don't spit, don't use a straw. Watch out for food that may get stuck in the hole-it'll get out eventually but you can use a device if its uncomfortable.
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Ghost151
Profile Joined May 2008
United States290 Posts
July 21 2009 18:38 GMT
#34
I had all four of mine pulled. well, not really pulled; they actually broke each tooth and then sawed/ground out the remains. I was out but amazingly while still under I could *feel* the doc sawing on me. I mean, no pain, and I couldn't actually feel the saw or anything, but I was distinctly aware when I woke up three hours later that he had been doing that. It was much like a "too real" dream or when you wake up, do something and fall asleep again, then wake and get that eerie deja vu about what you'd done.

I was off painkillers in a day because the actual pain in my jaw stopped hurting that same afternoon, it only hurt to touch my stitches with ANYTHING (water, my saliva, BREATHING with my mouth) and nothing could stop that pain anyway. The real fun part was the bleeding. I just oozed blood for like, a month nonstop. Pretty freaky, but it quit. Just much later than I would have liked.

On July 22 2009 01:33 Bosu wrote:
It is painful for some and not for others. For me it was pretty painful, but I slept for a long time after the surgery which helped. Most people don't have much pain at all though other than not being able to eat solid food for a few days.


yeah this is definitely true. I was up and going in a day, my sis was out of it for like 2 weeks and both of us had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed. All I couldn't do was eat solids for like a week but I was pretty much unaffected otherwise to an outside observer. My mom was freaking out because I really wasn't feeling so much pain :p
fuck art its a competition if you dont get pissed off when you lose you dont care enough - Idra, on the "art" of RTS games.
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
July 21 2009 18:40 GMT
#35
On July 22 2009 02:43 DrTJEckleburg wrote:
If it makes you feel any better I got all my wisdom teeth out in March, I went to a dentist, they were all impacted, and I only took Tylenol(despite having Vicodin available) and I was just fine. The only shitty part was the food for a week.


made some extra cash to cover the bills lol?
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
July 21 2009 18:41 GMT
#36
On July 22 2009 02:22 HooHa! wrote:
The freakiest thing is the stitches in your gums. I started feeling around with my tongue and noticed these knotted things starting to come loose. I figure they disintegrate after a while, at least these kinds. I never had stitches before, especially not ones in my mouth. And I ripped em out. I waited a while and picked them out when it was pretty well healed though, I recommend you train yourself like a monk and don't feel around, because you don't want to mess with that junk.

It was weird when they came out though. It wasn't a problem, but it just was annoying and I was afraid if I had ripped them out I woulda broke open my mouth and needed more surgery, but it was okay.


omg i kept moving my tongue aruond like WTF I DONT THink they finished haha
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
King K. Rool
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada4408 Posts
July 21 2009 18:41 GMT
#37
Just make sure you remember to rinse with salt water afterwards (or whatever they want you to do) to clean it.

I didn't, and got an infection. Then when I went back, they needed to cut some part of my gum to drain the infection or something, it hurt, and I realized the numbing medicine hadn't taken affect yet. It's a pretty gnarly story, and good for telling.
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
July 21 2009 19:00 GMT
#38
On July 22 2009 03:40 StorrZerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2009 02:43 DrTJEckleburg wrote:
If it makes you feel any better I got all my wisdom teeth out in March, I went to a dentist, they were all impacted, and I only took Tylenol(despite having Vicodin available) and I was just fine. The only shitty part was the food for a week.


made some extra cash to cover the bills lol?


Easy to say when you are a student.
:]
zoLo
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States5896 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-21 20:06:36
July 21 2009 20:03 GMT
#39
I got my top left and bottom left pulled out about 2 weeks ago. I felt no pain at all during and after the operation since my wisdom teeth grew out all the way, except they were slanted/crooked. So the oral surgeon just numbed the gum and pulled out the 2 teeth. It lasted about 44 minutes, but it felt like 15 because I was listening to my iPod and my oral surgeon was DAMN GOOD. He has 5/5 stars review on Yelp.com and his methods before and after surgery are amazing. There was a lot of bleeding after the operation which lasted about a day, but just remember to change the gauze every hour or so. Don't forget to apply an ice pack on the extraction side for at least 3 days NONSTOP to reduce the swelling. This is what I did when I got the left side removed. It should be the same for you.

After operation (same day)
- Replace and apply gauze every 30 minutes – 1 hour for about 2 – 3 days
- DO NOT rinse, spit, or drink from a straw because it will cause a dry socket, which means the blood clot is forming prematurely.
- Eat soft foods like mash potatoes, yogurt, ice cream, etc
- CHEW SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE (I.E. if you got your left wisdom - teeth taken out then chew on the right side)
- Take the medication given by the doctor and try not to skip any medication
- Apply an ice pack on your extraction cheek for at least 10 – 15 minutes, take it off to rest for around 15 – 20 minutes, and apply again (do this for the WHOLE DAY and possibly for another 3 –4 days to reduce the swelling and it feels good in my opinion)

The next day
- You are now able to rinse with SALT water (cold), but DO NOT spit, so instead just open your - mouth and let the water out. Don’t rinse too rough, but move the water around in your mouth gently and smoothly. The taste will be weird, but you have to deal with it.
- Apply an ice pack like above
- Change gauze like above
- Continue to eat soft foods
- Take medication by following directions from the surgeon

Later days
- Should be the same like the first 2 – 3 days, but it depends on the person.
- You can start eating more solid foods, but make sure to break/cut it up in small pieces
- CHEW SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY
Tyrio
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3248 Posts
July 21 2009 21:15 GMT
#40
I had all 4 removed like a year ago because they were growing in completely sideways. My regular dentist did it in the regular room; didn't seem too complicated. I was scared shitless tho and had to have extra doses of laughing gas to calm myself. Whole thing took maybe half an hour (during which I was completely awake as they sawed and roll/yanked the teeth out) and then I was fine. Mouth was sore for about a week afterward and it was hard to eat (had to "chew" with the top of my mouth and front teeth). Wasn't too much pain though, didn't need the prescribed painkillers at all.

Don't anything about the cost though, since I was on my parents' insurance.
[NA] Tyrio.486 / Ahsh
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Rogue
Classic vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 989
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings251
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
CosmosSc2 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45203
Shuttle 12242
FanTaSy 1441
Hyuk 974
BeSt 492
Horang2 484
EffOrt 253
Stork 221
Last 173
Zeus 145
[ Show more ]
Pusan 132
Soma 94
Mind 87
Killer 86
Hyun 73
ggaemo 67
sorry 67
hero 66
Sea.KH 53
Snow 49
PianO 45
Hm[arnc] 40
ToSsGirL 37
Bale 29
Aegong 26
zelot 19
JYJ 18
NaDa 15
Sacsri 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Noble 9
Dota 2
qojqva1178
Dendi1101
XcaliburYe337
Counter-Strike
fl0m2844
byalli1052
x6flipin319
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu517
Khaldor46
Other Games
gofns36362
B2W.Neo1146
Beastyqt205
Hui .159
Livibee157
ArmadaUGS99
Mew2King58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick708
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream61
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2235
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 6m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 6m
Replay Cast
10h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 6m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 6m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.