• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:40
CEST 20:40
KST 03:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12959 users

Vegetarianism - Page 8

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 19 Next All
FieryBalrog
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1381 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-28 22:11:33
May 28 2009 22:08 GMT
#141
On May 29 2009 07:07 Diomedes wrote:
FieryBalrog, ever heard of the golden rule? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."?


I know exactly what the golden rule is.


Why are you having this much trouble understanding this example?

You are the one who asked me if I'd be OK with people treating me like a farm animal since I'm OK with the way people treat farm animals.

You don't want people to deprive you of a home, yet you deprive other creatures of theirs.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
I will eat you alive
Diomedes
Profile Joined March 2009
464 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-28 22:13:23
May 28 2009 22:12 GMT
#142
I don't expect any creature to not build a home just to make sure they don't get in the way of anyone elses.

You just make that up.

What you repeat just now proves you don't want to understand the golden rule. I accuse you of double think.
FieryBalrog
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1381 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-28 22:15:57
May 28 2009 22:15 GMT
#143
On May 29 2009 07:12 Diomedes wrote:
I don't expect any creature to not build a home just to make sure they don't get in the way of anyone elses.


And I don't expect creatures not to eat meat if meat is a natural part of their diet.

Not to mention your house didn't just "get in the way", it destroyed some creatures homes.

And the highways you drive on demolished habitats. Etc.

I mean, I don't personally treat farm animals badly since I don't come into contact with them. So I'm doing unto others just fine, am I not?

Yet you expect me to take responsibility because I buy meat.

Well then, I expect you to take responsibility for the consequences for driving on a highway that was built and destroyed the habitat of thousands of creatures if not more. Etc.
I will eat you alive
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
May 28 2009 22:16 GMT
#144
Well you need to get B12, and if i'm correct the only way to get B12 is by eating animals. or animal products
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
seppolevne
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1681 Posts
May 28 2009 22:19 GMT
#145
<3 FieryBalrog
J- Pirate Udyr WW T- Pirate Riven Galio M- Galio Annie S- Sona Lux -- Always farm, never carry.
GabrielB
Profile Joined February 2003
Brazil594 Posts
May 28 2009 22:19 GMT
#146
On May 29 2009 06:42 FieryBalrog wrote:
We are just disagreeing over where to draw the line. There is no qualitative moral difference on either side even though some might claim it.

I have been vegan long enough to know better than to read through discussions like this. I just read the first and last pages...

Anyway, I really like what you said here. That's my exact position on vegetarianism, I don't believe it has anything to do with being morally correct, or that it makes me better than someone else. It all comes to down to where we draw the line.

Most people here won't eat dog/cat meat. There are cultures where that is pretty common. It doesn't make anyone any better than them. I just draw the line somewhere else.
Diomedes
Profile Joined March 2009
464 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-28 22:23:44
May 28 2009 22:21 GMT
#147
It doesn't matter if you mistreat the animals personally or not. I'd even argue that generally they are never mistreated by a human, just by the system as a whole.

You are responsible for your own actions. Appy the golden rule. Of course you are responsible. How can you even act surprised at this.


I don't drive highways and yes I do take responsible for my own actions. I don't break the golden rule by building a house, which I never did btw. I could someday and when I do I surely will think about what is the best way to construct a house and that will include the enviroment. And I can do so because of the golden rule.

The golden rule is the answer to the problem you think it creates. Which proves you don't understand it.


So you don't take any responsibility for your actions, yet accuse me that I don't and should. You admit you refuse to apply the golden rule. Yet you try to use it against me while I do follow it.
ghermination
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States2851 Posts
May 28 2009 22:23 GMT
#148
I will never stop eating meat, regardless of what people say. I believe that eating meat is natural. Yes animal cruelty is a terrible thing, but as long as those terrible farms continue to produce meat for me to eat i'm perfectly happy with it.
U Gotta Skate.
Piy
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Scotland3152 Posts
May 28 2009 22:23 GMT
#149
On May 29 2009 07:15 FieryBalrog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2009 07:12 Diomedes wrote:
I don't expect any creature to not build a home just to make sure they don't get in the way of anyone elses.


And I don't expect creatures not to eat meat if meat is a natural part of their diet.

Not to mention your house didn't just "get in the way", it destroyed some creatures homes.

And the highways you drive on demolished habitats. Etc.

I mean, I don't personally treat farm animals badly since I don't come into contact with them. So I'm doing unto others just fine, am I not?

Yet you expect me to take responsibility because I buy meat.

Well then, I expect you to take responsibility for the consequences for driving on a highway that was built and destroyed the habitat of thousands of creatures if not more. Etc.


Driving on a highway doesn't directly harm anything.

You should take responsibility if you buy meat, not to be preachy or anything, but if you're going to say it like that then I'm going to answer likewise.

The highway exists because a while ago people did some bad stuff, but now it's here. Not driving on the highway won't do any good. Not buying meat in a supermarket on the other hand, would DIRECTLY affect an animal. You can say it's second hand and indirect or whatever but you're representing the consumer.

And yes, I would say that if you have a chicken burger in the house, and it'll go off by tommorow and you're hungry and noone else can possibly eat the chicken burger, then you can eat the chicken burger without feeling any guilt.
My. Copy. Is. Here.
Wohmfg
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1292 Posts
May 28 2009 22:26 GMT
#150
On May 29 2009 07:23 Piy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2009 07:15 FieryBalrog wrote:
On May 29 2009 07:12 Diomedes wrote:
I don't expect any creature to not build a home just to make sure they don't get in the way of anyone elses.


And I don't expect creatures not to eat meat if meat is a natural part of their diet.

Not to mention your house didn't just "get in the way", it destroyed some creatures homes.

And the highways you drive on demolished habitats. Etc.

I mean, I don't personally treat farm animals badly since I don't come into contact with them. So I'm doing unto others just fine, am I not?

Yet you expect me to take responsibility because I buy meat.

Well then, I expect you to take responsibility for the consequences for driving on a highway that was built and destroyed the habitat of thousands of creatures if not more. Etc.


Driving on a highway doesn't directly harm anything.

You should take responsibility if you buy meat, not to be preachy or anything, but if you're going to say it like that then I'm going to answer likewise.

The highway exists because a while ago people did some bad stuff, but now it's here. Not driving on the highway won't do any good. Not buying meat in a supermarket on the other hand, would DIRECTLY affect an animal. You can say it's second hand and indirect or whatever but you're representing the consumer.

And yes, I would say that if you have a chicken burger in the house, and it'll go off by tommorow and you're hungry and noone else can possibly eat the chicken burger, then you can eat the chicken burger without feeling any guilt.


Isn't road tax analogous to the cost of meat in this case?
BW4Life!
seppolevne
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1681 Posts
May 28 2009 22:27 GMT
#151
On May 29 2009 07:21 Diomedes wrote:
It doesn't matter if you mistreat the animals personally or not. I'd even argue that generally they are never mistreated by a human, just by the system as a whole.

You are responsible for your own actions. Appy the golden rule. Of course you are responsible. How can you even act surprised at this.


I don't drive highways and yes I do take responsible for my own actions. I don't break the golden rule by building a house, which I never did btw. I could someday and when I do I surely will think about what is the best way to construct a house and that will include the enviroment. And I can do so because of the golden rule.

The golden rule is the answer to the problem you think it creates. Which proves you don't understand it.


So you don't take any responsibility for your actions, yet accuse me that I don't and should. You admit you refuse to apply the golden rule. Yet you try to use it against me while I do follow it.

You say "It doesn't matter if you mistreat the animals personally or not." But then get defensive and say that you "personally" have never built a house so you are ok? What do you live in now?

J- Pirate Udyr WW T- Pirate Riven Galio M- Galio Annie S- Sona Lux -- Always farm, never carry.
Wohmfg
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1292 Posts
May 28 2009 22:28 GMT
#152
On May 29 2009 07:27 seppolevne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2009 07:21 Diomedes wrote:
It doesn't matter if you mistreat the animals personally or not. I'd even argue that generally they are never mistreated by a human, just by the system as a whole.

You are responsible for your own actions. Appy the golden rule. Of course you are responsible. How can you even act surprised at this.


I don't drive highways and yes I do take responsible for my own actions. I don't break the golden rule by building a house, which I never did btw. I could someday and when I do I surely will think about what is the best way to construct a house and that will include the enviroment. And I can do so because of the golden rule.

The golden rule is the answer to the problem you think it creates. Which proves you don't understand it.


So you don't take any responsibility for your actions, yet accuse me that I don't and should. You admit you refuse to apply the golden rule. Yet you try to use it against me while I do follow it.

You say "It doesn't matter if you mistreat the animals personally or not." But then get defensive and say that you "personally" have never built a house so you are ok? What do you live in now?



Lol, just what I was about to point out. Anyway, isn't FieryBalrog saying that he doesn't live by the golden rule anyway?
BW4Life!
Diomedes
Profile Joined March 2009
464 Posts
May 28 2009 22:28 GMT
#153
He claimed I build a house. I never did.

It has nothing to do with me claiming I am not responsible for the consequences of 'consuming' this house.
seppolevne
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1681 Posts
May 28 2009 22:29 GMT
#154
On May 29 2009 07:23 Piy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2009 07:15 FieryBalrog wrote:
On May 29 2009 07:12 Diomedes wrote:
I don't expect any creature to not build a home just to make sure they don't get in the way of anyone elses.


And I don't expect creatures not to eat meat if meat is a natural part of their diet.

Not to mention your house didn't just "get in the way", it destroyed some creatures homes.

And the highways you drive on demolished habitats. Etc.

I mean, I don't personally treat farm animals badly since I don't come into contact with them. So I'm doing unto others just fine, am I not?

Yet you expect me to take responsibility because I buy meat.

Well then, I expect you to take responsibility for the consequences for driving on a highway that was built and destroyed the habitat of thousands of creatures if not more. Etc.


Driving on a highway doesn't directly harm anything.

You should take responsibility if you buy meat, not to be preachy or anything, but if you're going to say it like that then I'm going to answer likewise.

The highway exists because a while ago people did some bad stuff, but now it's here. Not driving on the highway won't do any good. Not buying meat in a supermarket on the other hand, would DIRECTLY affect an animal. You can say it's second hand and indirect or whatever but you're representing the consumer.

And yes, I would say that if you have a chicken burger in the house, and it'll go off by tommorow and you're hungry and noone else can possibly eat the chicken burger, then you can eat the chicken burger without feeling any guilt.

But if no one drove on highways then we wouldn't need them! Then we could give the land back to the animals!
J- Pirate Udyr WW T- Pirate Riven Galio M- Galio Annie S- Sona Lux -- Always farm, never carry.
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
May 28 2009 22:32 GMT
#155
I just watched the first 10 seconds and I literally screamed of anger. It's been a long time since I lost control like that Oo. Now I just want to murder those fucking monsters.
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
WeSt
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Portugal918 Posts
May 28 2009 22:32 GMT
#156
The meat I eat doesn't come from slaugherhouses. Even if it did, I would still eat it. Humans can't live based on vegetables ONLY. What about fish? Why don't you vegetarians fight for the fish rights? Oh right, because they are even dumber than those mamals.
zvz is imba
Diomedes
Profile Joined March 2009
464 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-05-28 22:34:51
May 28 2009 22:34 GMT
#157
On May 29 2009 07:32 WeSt wrote:
The meat I eat doesn't come from slaugherhouses. Even if it did, I would still eat it. Humans can't live based on vegetables ONLY. What about fish? Why don't you vegetarians fight for the fish rights? Oh right, because they are even dumber than those mamals.


Why do you think humans can't survive without eating meat?

And you think vegetarians eat fish? What's that comment even about?

Wohmfg
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1292 Posts
May 28 2009 22:35 GMT
#158
On May 29 2009 07:28 Diomedes wrote:
He claimed I build a house. I never did.

It has nothing to do with me claiming I am not responsible for the consequences of 'consuming' this house.


No, he said that you chose to live in a house that while being built, destroyed animals' homes.
BW4Life!
Diomedes
Profile Joined March 2009
464 Posts
May 28 2009 22:38 GMT
#159
Ok then I misunderstood. Anyway, same point stands. If he understood the golden rule he would know why this is acceptable.
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
May 28 2009 22:42 GMT
#160
eh, video didn't effect me. i will continue happily eating meat.

until all humans in the world live in a decent home, and have enough food/water to sustain themselves, i don't give a shit about pigs, cows, and chickens. i personally think people who do, are morons.
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1155
TKL 424
IndyStarCraft 316
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1155
ByuN 538
TKL 424
IndyStarCraft 316
Reynor 185
BRAT_OK 60
EmSc Tv 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31323
Calm 2643
Shuttle 380
Mini 156
White-Ra 121
firebathero 105
Mong 61
scan(afreeca) 17
soO 17
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc9232
Counter-Strike
fl0m2911
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3523
Liquid`Hasu523
MindelVK5
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2386
FrodaN1590
B2W.Neo796
olofmeister684
Khaldor486
Beastyqt258
Livibee177
crisheroes170
Mew2King73
ToD52
kaitlyn27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick435
BasetradeTV203
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 9
EmSc2Tv 9
angryscii 1
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 37
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 7
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach63
• blackmanpl 19
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• 80smullet 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV641
Other Games
• imaqtpie1025
• Shiphtur684
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
20m
BSL Open Qualifier
20m
OSC
4h 20m
Replay Cast
4h 20m
OSC
17h 20m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.