• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:37
CEST 17:37
KST 00:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8482 users

Mother murders five children - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
HamerD
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom1922 Posts
December 10 2008 20:14 GMT
#81
Frits, I don't even BELIEVE in punishment. I believe in the 3 r's....restraint, reform and realism.
restraint: restrain the dangerous person from the public
reform: stop people from being dangerous to the public
realism: if someone will never stop being dangerous, prevent them from ever interacting with the public.

So don't say that I favour punishment. If you didn't say that, then I misread you cos im in a rush and sorry.
"Oh no, we've drawn Judge Schneider" "Is that bad?" "Well, he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog" "You did?" "Yeah...if you replace the word *kinda* with *repeatedly*...and the word *dog* with son"
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
December 10 2008 20:18 GMT
#82
On December 11 2008 05:07 EmeraldSparks wrote:
Show nested quote +
Are you saying I should be ashamed for trying to inspire proper morals?

There is a difference between making moral arguments and asserting your moral superiority over everyone who disagrees with you. We all do the former; doing the latter makes you a jackass.


I did make an argument: People here seem to be intent on sentencing someone to death with no regard for what's fair, simply based on emotion, with no restraint. I think this is disgusting to watch, feel free to convince me otherwise.

If Im morally superior it's because you call me morally superior, not because I asserted it. I didn't assert anything, the evidence in this thread speaks for itself, the fact if it's disgusting or not can be discussed.
EmeraldSparks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1451 Posts
December 10 2008 20:24 GMT
#83
On December 11 2008 05:18 Frits wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2008 05:07 EmeraldSparks wrote:
Are you saying I should be ashamed for trying to inspire proper morals?

There is a difference between making moral arguments and asserting your moral superiority over everyone who disagrees with you. We all do the former; doing the latter makes you a jackass.


I did make an argument: People here seem to be intent on sentencing someone to death with no regard for what's fair, simply based on emotion, with no restraint. I think this is disgusting to watch, feel free to convince me otherwise.

You did both.

On December 11 2008 05:18 Frits wrote:
If I'm morally superior it's because you call me morally superior, not because I asserted it.

Granted, you never actually said, "I am morally superior to you." However, the following:

On December 10 2008 13:29 Frits declared that he was one of the only people with a proper sense of moral thought:
What bothers me is that whenever we have one of these threads I realize how little people there are who actually maintain a proper sense of moral thought.

On December 10 2008 13:29 Frits called everyone who disagreed with him an idiot:
These threads always remind me that we're no fucking different from the way we were in the middle ages except that a bunch of good people made a system that idiots can function in.


is basically a paraphrase of the above.

On December 11 2008 05:18 Frits wrote:
I didn't assert anything, the evidence in this thread speaks for itself.

Assuming that you are correct and writing based off of this assumption, though it makes sense when considering your own arguments, isn't really conducive to thought when debating others who may not hold that same assumption.
But why?
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
December 10 2008 20:25 GMT
#84
--- Nuked ---
Dark_Star
Profile Joined April 2008
Chile19 Posts
December 10 2008 20:27 GMT
#85
she was a world of warcraft progamer
you know what im talking bout?
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
December 10 2008 20:40 GMT
#86
On December 11 2008 05:24 EmeraldSparks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2008 05:18 Frits wrote:
On December 11 2008 05:07 EmeraldSparks wrote:
Are you saying I should be ashamed for trying to inspire proper morals?

There is a difference between making moral arguments and asserting your moral superiority over everyone who disagrees with you. We all do the former; doing the latter makes you a jackass.


I did make an argument: People here seem to be intent on sentencing someone to death with no regard for what's fair, simply based on emotion, with no restraint. I think this is disgusting to watch, feel free to convince me otherwise.

You did both.

Show nested quote +
On December 11 2008 05:18 Frits wrote:
If I'm morally superior it's because you call me morally superior, not because I asserted it.

Granted, you never actually said, "I am morally superior to you." However, the following:

Show nested quote +
On December 10 2008 13:29 Frits declared that he was one of the only people with a proper sense of moral thought:
What bothers me is that whenever we have one of these threads I realize how little people there are who actually maintain a proper sense of moral thought.

Show nested quote +
On December 10 2008 13:29 Frits called everyone who disagreed with him an idiot:
These threads always remind me that we're no fucking different from the way we were in the middle ages except that a bunch of good people made a system that idiots can function in.


is basically a paraphrase of the above.

Show nested quote +
On December 11 2008 05:18 Frits wrote:
I didn't assert anything, the evidence in this thread speaks for itself.

Assuming that you are correct and writing based off of this assumption, though it makes sense when considering your own arguments, isn't really conducive to thought when debating others who may not hold that same assumption.


Yes that's what having an opinion about something means: Assuming it is somewhat correct until convinced otherwise. What you are doing is assuming how open I am to these arguments, you're saying I am closed minded based on my opinion simply because it was frased harshly.

.... which is a bunch of bullshit, I am very open minded to any argument you have to offer. All you want to talk about however is how close minded I am for some reason based on faulty assumptions.
EmeraldSparks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1451 Posts
December 10 2008 20:45 GMT
#87
On December 11 2008 05:40 Frits wrote:
Yes that's what having an opinion about something means: Assuming it is somewhat correct until convinced otherwise. What you are doing is assuming how open I am to these arguments, you're saying I am closed minded based on my opinion simply because it was phrased harshly.

I never accused you of being closed-minded. I accused you of being arrogant and wallowing in your moral superiority.
But why?
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
December 10 2008 20:55 GMT
#88
You are the first person who has ever called me arrogant lol.

And I didn't wallow in my 'moral superiority' at all, I pointed out how I see some of the behavior here as disgusting and hoped some of the people here would come to reason, how is that anywhere close to wallowing in moral superiority.
Cloud
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Sexico5880 Posts
December 10 2008 21:17 GMT
#89
lol frits, the last thing to do if you want others to see your point of view without being seen as an asshole yourself is to insult them.
BlueLaguna on West, msg for game.
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
December 10 2008 21:19 GMT
#90
oh come on now

I just frase shit harshly, that's my thing.
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
December 10 2008 21:32 GMT
#91
Hey people enough... You guys are like SC2 followers and SC:BW followers... Doesn't seem to have compromise...
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
December 10 2008 21:41 GMT
#92
On December 11 2008 06:32 Licmyobelisk wrote:
Hey people enough... You guys are like SC2 followers and SC:BW followers... Doesn't seem to have compromise...


Im sorry did you get lost or something? do you need directions to the blog section? youtube thread? Anything I can help you with?

And what the fuck, compromise? Do you think we're trying to close a fucking deal here or something? Yeah that should work out. Okay hamerd, if you admit to giving criminals rights, I will admit to the death penalty? That sound good? Is it a deal?
Frits
Profile Joined March 2003
11782 Posts
December 10 2008 21:48 GMT
#93
Thanks for showing me the way though, what would we do without you.

GROUPHUG ! :-))))))))
HamerD
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom1922 Posts
December 11 2008 00:44 GMT
#94
lol...

ps gogo astrology
"Oh no, we've drawn Judge Schneider" "Is that bad?" "Well, he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog" "You did?" "Yeah...if you replace the word *kinda* with *repeatedly*...and the word *dog* with son"
MadNeSs
Profile Joined March 2007
Denmark1507 Posts
December 11 2008 00:52 GMT
#95
This makes me sick!
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
December 11 2008 01:04 GMT
#96
I hope they don't blame this on some kind of mental disorder and let her off with anything less than life in prison.
I read an article recently which proposed that as we begin to know more and more about the human brain, the more we'll see court cases in which defendants will try to get off easy with a psychological explanation of what drove them to commit the crime that they did. That doesn't, however, dissipate the blame, and this woman should still be punished.
good vibes only
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
December 11 2008 01:12 GMT
#97
Clearly a Manic Depressive/ Bi Polar disorder.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
SweeTLemonS[TPR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
11739 Posts
December 11 2008 05:12 GMT
#98
On December 10 2008 13:15 Frits wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2008 13:03 Motiva wrote:
On December 10 2008 12:34 lesser_good wrote:
On December 10 2008 07:40 Klive5ive wrote:
They should let the Mother kill herself, dragging her into prison for the rest of her life is just cruel.

What she did is inexcusable but I bet life for her was extremely hard. You would think the father and this friend would have some idea she was in distress.


Imho the death penalty is pure bullshit. So basically a bastard could kill hundreds of people in nasty twisted ways and all he would get would be a few lame trials some grub and a nice and cozy death by lethal injection. Bastards like that deserve to rot away in prison forever. All alone with the thoughts of their twisted deeds.



while i may be inclined to agree, i'm certainly not inclined to pay for their life in prison &_&

Sick shit... sick world...


this shit is getting so old

first of all your parents are paying, not you, shut up

second the death penalty costs way more than a life imprisonment


The lethal injection costs more. And maybe the electric chair. There are a lot of ways to execute someone very cheaply.

And I do pay for it either way, and I don't want to pay that much either way. They aren't worth the resources. People like this should not be "rehabilitated," because they had a choice, and they chose the wrong one. And I don't find any opposing argument saying that she had no choice (i.e. there is no such thing as free-will) to be very convincing (and I've read the thoughts of people who are probably much smarter than the people at TL, so there is no way anyone here can possibly convince me, either. That isn't intended as a knock on TLers, the people that wrote the stuff were probably smarter than me, too, but I disagree nonetheless. But I'm getting way off track, and making my parenthetical statement ridiculously long.).

I'm never gonna know you now \ But I'm gonna love you anyhow.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44373 Posts
December 11 2008 05:21 GMT
#99
What she did goes profoundly against instinct. No sane person could kill their children, it's an evolutionary thing. Just like sane people can't commit suicide. She's a danger to society but not fundamentally evil. Her action was fundamentally evil but did she really sit down and make a considered choice to kill all her children and then attempt suicide? I think not.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Mooga
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States575 Posts
December 11 2008 07:13 GMT
#100
Hey, at least she effectively erased her genes from the gene pool. Darwinism wins again.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM487
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 487
Reynor 285
ByuN 224
TKL 174
Railgan 74
Codebar 53
BRAT_OK 37
IndyStarCraft 34
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56084
Bisu 3060
Calm 2035
FanTaSy 1036
Stork 824
Rush 399
hero 362
firebathero 182
Snow 114
Sharp 107
[ Show more ]
actioN 102
Mind 57
Free 54
Sea.KH 54
Trap 37
ToSsGirL 36
Pusan 34
Mong 24
soO 23
Rock 22
Aegong 22
Sexy 20
Terrorterran 18
HiyA 17
Hm[arnc] 15
scan(afreeca) 10
Sacsri 9
Shine 9
Noble 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Dota 2
Gorgc10007
Dendi1106
Counter-Strike
fl0m4658
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
singsing2194
Liquid`RaSZi1475
B2W.Neo721
Beastyqt579
olofmeister557
Mlord492
Khaldor388
KnowMe302
crisheroes188
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV274
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV572
League of Legends
• Nemesis3224
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1639
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 23m
OSC
7h 23m
Replay Cast
7h 23m
OSC
20h 23m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.