• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:43
CEST 00:43
KST 07:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9693 users

How to grow taller? - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 15 Next All
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
August 05 2007 08:24 GMT
#121
Smoke a lot of weed. Seriously.
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
August 05 2007 08:35 GMT
#122
the best way to grow taller is to surround yourself with shorter people. Defriend and find yourself a bunch of short people.
Flying_Llama
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Canada419 Posts
August 05 2007 08:35 GMT
#123
sigh* @ racism/stereotypes adressed by random people

and yes i agree with Fig, diet plays a big part in your growth. Oh yea stress also can effect ur height cuz ppl in asia (china specifically) do a shit load of hw a day(6 hrs prob) and dunt ever get a chance to get excersize
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
August 05 2007 08:40 GMT
#124
On August 05 2007 16:55 fig_newbie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2007 15:35 xM(Z wrote:
On August 05 2007 10:41 fig_newbie wrote:
On August 05 2007 10:37 xM(Z wrote:
fig_newbie if you can prove that backwards you have a point.


explain por favor?

do americans that live in asia grow shorter?
black people living in asia would, in time, have shorter dicks?

Really? Are you being serious?

I mean, you can do this in your own home too. You don't have to go to Asia. Just feed your kid white rice, give him some dirty water (make sure its brackish and opaque, shouldn't be too hard if you take a shit in it beforehand), "forget" his vaccinations, and otherwise emulate the provincial life of a Chinese/Indian/Laos/Filipino farmer. Be sure to expose him to lead paint chips and put a couple drops of arsenic in his sewer water for good measure.

I'm sure he'll grow up fine and dandy. Maybe even be taller than you!

can you tell me about a time in history when the chinese people were tall? i doubt that what you said is relevant to lets say ming dynasty.
i somewhat agree with you but your emphasis on environment over genetics is wrong.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
fig_newbie
Profile Joined March 2006
749 Posts
August 05 2007 09:04 GMT
#125
You're a lot more civil here than some of the other posters and I appreciate it.

No, I dont know any specific time in history when Chinese people are taller than they are now. I dont know of any racial group in history that are taller than modern cohorts. From what I've gleaned from casual reading, people now are taller than they've ever been, the reason being better sanitation, diet, and medical interventions.

I don't emphasize environment over genetics and I apologize if it came off that way but I was just trying to shunt the avalanche of bullshit that claimed height is 100% genetic. The truth is, it really depends on how much of each (genetics, environment) you're getting. If you have a pituitary tumor (lets classify this as a genetics) ala Robert Wadlow, you're going to be growing at an obscene rate, maybe 3-4 inches a year. Your body needs to adapt to that, you'll be constantly hungry and eating to sustain that growth. Otherwise, it will be stymied (permanently if you starve to death, an extreme example but I hope this clarifies it more). Conversely, you can be born with achondroplasia (midgetry) and barring any hormonal intervention therapy, no matter how much you eat you're not going to exceed 5 feet. These are extreme examples, but they illustrate that neither genetics or environmental are 100% responsible for your height. They interact with each other. Your best bet to become taller is to try and alter your environmental influence because modern medicine doesn't have the means (yet) to change your genetic makeup. That means eating a good diet (such as drinking milk, which is the mother of nutritional growth foods), getting the essential nutrients, avoiding things that will chop your legs off, etc etc.

k?
BigSausage
Profile Joined July 2007
Canada194 Posts
August 05 2007 10:05 GMT
#126
On August 05 2007 18:04 fig_newbie wrote:
You're a lot more civil here than some of the other posters and I appreciate it.

No, I dont know any specific time in history when Chinese people are taller than they are now. I dont know of any racial group in history that are taller than modern cohorts. From what I've gleaned from casual reading, people now are taller than they've ever been, the reason being better sanitation, diet, and medical interventions.

I don't emphasize environment over genetics and I apologize if it came off that way but I was just trying to shunt the avalanche of bullshit that claimed height is 100% genetic. The truth is, it really depends on how much of each (genetics, environment) you're getting. If you have a pituitary tumor (lets classify this as a genetics) ala Robert Wadlow, you're going to be growing at an obscene rate, maybe 3-4 inches a year. Your body needs to adapt to that, you'll be constantly hungry and eating to sustain that growth. Otherwise, it will be stymied (permanently if you starve to death, an extreme example but I hope this clarifies it more). Conversely, you can be born with achondroplasia (midgetry) and barring any hormonal intervention therapy, no matter how much you eat you're not going to exceed 5 feet. These are extreme examples, but they illustrate that neither genetics or environmental are 100% responsible for your height. They interact with each other. Your best bet to become taller is to try and alter your environmental influence because modern medicine doesn't have the means (yet) to change your genetic makeup. That means eating a good diet (such as drinking milk, which is the mother of nutritional growth foods), getting the essential nutrients, avoiding things that will chop your legs off, etc etc.



ur natural height is 100% genetically predetermined. drinking milk and other calcium supplements, and other nutrients will only give u so little. u not going to change a 5 foot wonder into a 5'9, 6'1 average dude. the most good diet, nutrition will give u is 1-2 inches, 3-4 at the extreme. i dont know where do ppl get this naiveness and idea that with good nutrition, short ppl will grow tall. i think we r confusing the term tall, grow tall as in 1-2 inches or grow taller like a foot or something. it is what it is, u dont have to say shit to make ppl feel better. otherwise there wouldnt be so many short asians, chinese and shit. even my white washed, born here canadian asian friends they r still short as fuck compared to some random 6'3 6'5 white dude.
BigSausage
Profile Joined July 2007
Canada194 Posts
August 05 2007 10:08 GMT
#127
u know what, if u ever get the chance to do a project, do this. random select 100 asian and 100 white. ull find the difference between the height is gonna be at least 3-4 inches regardless where u r born, how u r raised.
mel_ee
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
2450 Posts
August 05 2007 10:20 GMT
#128
i know from nip tuck theres a procedure to get like 1 inch higher.
Behold the bold soldier, control the globe slowly proceeds to blow swingin swords like Shinobi
SuicidalMania
Profile Joined October 2006
New Zealand27 Posts
August 05 2007 10:22 GMT
#129
I am 6'0. My mum is 5'6 and my dad os 6'6. i have a half brother who has a different dad. his dad is 5'8 but my brother is 6'1. Its not fair that he has a shorter dad than me but he is taller and we have the same mother!!! hahaha
Funchucks
Profile Joined June 2007
Canada2113 Posts
August 05 2007 11:25 GMT
#130
Oh man...

I love when people say, "Play basketball to grow taller!"

Is that a running gag, or do people actually believe that?

The best way to grow taller is to saw your femurs in half and install an expanding brace. Turn the screws a little every day and the bone will grow to fill in the gap. Just be careful of infection, or you'll end up a couple feet (and legs) shorter.

Option 2: Human Growth Hormone (HGH). This has the added benefit of making your ears and nose look funny. Also, buying it from the shady suppliers you have access to as a non-legitimate medical case and a non-millionaire-athlete means you'll probably end up with something extracted from pregnant goat urine that makes your nipples grow out like fingers.

Option 3: buy thick-soled shoes, find a nice short girl, and get the fuck over it. 5'7" isn't even especially short, and at 17 you'll probably still gain an inch or three. I was 5'7" at 16 (I know because my driver's license still says that), and now I'm around 5'10". If you want to maximize your growth, eat right, stay active, get enough sleep, live healthy, and don't stress over trivial shit like being a hair below average height.
I serve my houseguests slices of butter.
Physician *
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4146 Posts
August 05 2007 14:14 GMT
#131
On August 05 2007 20:25 Funchucks wrote:
Oh man...

I love when people say, "Play basketball to grow taller!"

Is that a running gag, or do people actually believe that?

The best way to grow taller is to saw your femurs in half and install an expanding brace. Turn the screws a little every day and the bone will grow to fill in the gap. Just be careful of infection, or you'll end up a couple feet (and legs) shorter.

Option 2: Human Growth Hormone (HGH). This has the added benefit of making your ears and nose look funny. Also, buying it from the shady suppliers you have access to as a non-legitimate medical case and a non-millionaire-athlete means you'll probably end up with something extracted from pregnant goat urine that makes your nipples grow out like fingers.

Option 3: buy thick-soled shoes, find a nice short girl, and get the fuck over it. 5'7" isn't even especially short, and at 17 you'll probably still gain an inch or three. I was 5'7" at 16 (I know because my driver's license still says that), and now I'm around 5'10". If you want to maximize your growth, eat right, stay active, get enough sleep, live healthy, and don't stress over trivial shit like being a hair below average height.

lol, not bad ~
"I have beheld the births of negative-suns and borne witness to the entropy of entire realities...."
._.
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
1133 Posts
August 29 2008 06:02 GMT
#132
It is quite possible to grow after puberty. Although growth plates often close by the time you reach adulthood, it is still possible to gain an inch or two over a long period of time by artificially increasing your HGH level through a combination of intense exercise, sleep, nutrients, and stretching exercises.
You won't grow as fast as when you were a kid, but some growth is possible.

http://giantscientific.com/

is an entire community devoted to growing after puberty, a free, no bullshit guides to it, whether it be the insecure types or tall people wanting to grow taller (cough* me)

I am still going through puberty but I aim to be 6'5, I am currently 5'7 so I have a long way to go. Alpha males ftw.

I am posting this cause I think it will help all the short Asians out there..Good luck.
:D
fonger
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United Kingdom1218 Posts
August 29 2008 06:05 GMT
#133
o_o
caelym
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6430 Posts
August 29 2008 06:07 GMT
#134
On August 04 2007 22:47 vstar wrote:
I am a 17 year old guy but I believe my height isn't so tall compared to the rest of the people I know, or just with people in general. I am only 5'7 so I need serious help how to grow. I excercise every day so I am not like fat or anything ><;;

Any methods? I really want to grow to at least 5'11!!


self-confidence
Pwntrucci[sR]
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada1519 Posts
August 29 2008 06:11 GMT
#135
Strafe is 6'8? O_o very intimidating.
bg
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-29 06:17:44
August 29 2008 06:17 GMT
#136
i wish i could do that with my feet...
size 7(usa) and im almost 16 T_T
im deaf
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
August 29 2008 06:36 GMT
#137
I am still going through puberty but I aim to be 6'5, I am currently 5'7 so I have a long way to go. Alpha males ftw.

Ha... AAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHHA!

... Good luck
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
._.
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
1133 Posts
August 29 2008 06:38 GMT
#138
On August 29 2008 15:36 PsycHOTemplar wrote:
Show nested quote +
I am still going through puberty but I aim to be 6'5, I am currently 5'7 so I have a long way to go. Alpha males ftw.

Ha... AAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHHA!

... Good luck

Life is all about false goals yo, haven't you heard?
:D
pH)ggbOy
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Philippines142 Posts
August 29 2008 11:17 GMT
#139
On August 29 2008 15:02 ._. wrote:
It is quite possible to grow after puberty. Although growth plates often close by the time you reach adulthood, it is still possible to gain an inch or two over a long period of time by artificially increasing your HGH level through a combination of intense exercise, sleep, nutrients, and stretching exercises.
You won't grow as fast as when you were a kid, but some growth is possible.

http://giantscientific.com/

is an entire community devoted to growing after puberty, a free, no bullshit guides to it, whether it be the insecure types or tall people wanting to grow taller (cough* me)

I am still going through puberty but I aim to be 6'5, I am currently 5'7 so I have a long way to go. Alpha males ftw.

I am posting this cause I think it will help all the short Asians out there..Good luck.



Hope this works. Thanks for the link. My height is also my problem for like 3 years now. Im 21 and only 175. i wanna be at least 178.
ファイナルファンタジ
Resonate
Profile Joined October 2002
United Kingdom8402 Posts
August 29 2008 11:26 GMT
#140
eye of newt
Memory lane in nice
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O180
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft317
Nina 110
ViBE76
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14437
ZZZero.O 165
firebathero 104
Hyuk 73
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm133
febbydoto75
League of Legends
Doublelift4134
Counter-Strike
Fnx 956
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5913
Other Games
summit1g7864
FrodaN2259
JimRising 335
mouzStarbuck318
ToD266
KnowMe241
ArmadaUGS134
Mew2King52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1188
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream98
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• musti20045 29
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie580
• Shiphtur204
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 17m
INu's Battles
13h 17m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 17m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 17m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.