• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:59
CEST 08:59
KST 15:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9240 users

2020 Presidential Debate - Page 47

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 50 Next All
Starlightsun
Profile Blog Joined June 2016
United States1405 Posts
October 24 2020 01:04 GMT
#921
I really can't see the Democrats are no different than Republicans stuff. Even if Revolution is the goal, isn't it easier to seek that in a government which isn't inclined to autocracy and violently repressing protest? Or on abortion and gay rights, isn't a party that determines policy based on Christian fundamentalism clearly a greater obstacle than one that does not? I do share the frustration that Democrats pay empty lip service, but they seem at least a better starting point of pushing changes than the conditions of the past four years. Unless the spark of change wanted is pushing people into such misery that they take up arms?
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-24 01:17:57
October 24 2020 01:16 GMT
#922
In an interesting development Team Trumpism is throwing Lindsey Graham to the wolves, with Lou Dobbs attacking him and saying not to vote for him. Poor Graham put all his principles aside to kiss Trump's ass for years but apparently he's out now?

Neosteel Enthusiast
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
October 24 2020 01:18 GMT
#923
--- Nuked ---
Starlightsun
Profile Blog Joined June 2016
United States1405 Posts
October 24 2020 01:22 GMT
#924
Would be funny if he said fuck it then and held up the Barret confirmation.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12562 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-24 01:28:56
October 24 2020 01:27 GMT
#925
On October 24 2020 10:04 Starlightsun wrote:
I really can't see the Democrats are no different than Republicans stuff. Even if Revolution is the goal, isn't it easier to seek that in a government which isn't inclined to autocracy and violently repressing protest? Or on abortion and gay rights, isn't a party that determines policy based on Christian fundamentalism clearly a greater obstacle than one that does not? I do share the frustration that Democrats pay empty lip service, but they seem at least a better starting point of pushing changes than the conditions of the past four years. Unless the spark of change wanted is pushing people into such misery that they take up arms?


I don't argue that Republicans and Democrats are the same but it's worth noting that if we don't want a revolution then it's going to be very hard to obtain anything under Biden. Any move to push him to his left runs the risk of weakening him, and if he gets weak, then the fascist that they'll have instead of Trump in 2024 will be the one most likely to benefit.

I would personally favor antisystem solutions so I'm "fine" with that risk, but the people who don't and still want progress are going to run into this issue and I don't see any solutions available.
No will to live, no wish to die
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-24 01:37:39
October 24 2020 01:33 GMT
#926
On October 24 2020 02:57 KwarK wrote:
Here is a reminder that after starting a trade war with a large number of tariffs on Chinese imports Trump still doesn’t know what a tariff is.

Show nested quote +

"China is paying," Trump said. "They're paying billions and billions of dollars. I just gave $28 billion to our farmers — "

Taxpayers' money," Democratic nominee Joe Biden interjected.

"It was China — " Trump paused. "It's what?"

"Taxpayers' money," Biden reiterated. "It didn't come from China."

"Yeah, you know who the taxpayer is? It's called China," Trump crowed. "China paid $28 million, and you know what they did to pay it, Joe? They devalued their currency, and they also paid up. And you know who got the money? Our farmers. Our great farmers, because they were targeted."

Can any Trump supporters defend this? How is it okay that we have a leader enacting policy that he clearly doesn’t understand? It’s not about whether you support the tariffs or not, it’s about whether the guy writing the tariffs should be required to know what a tariff is.

For the record, it’s basically a surcharge tax on Chinese goods sold in the US to make them more expensive for US consumers and therefore less desirable relative to US manufactured goods.

What is there to defend if you're not going to post the full quote? .Talking about China devaluing their currency was a lead-in to them dumping cheap steel into the US market.
He talked about tariffs on Chinese steel imports in the next paragraph.

Out of all the stuff to get worked up over you chose this? C'mon man!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
Deleted User 173346
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
16169 Posts
October 24 2020 01:38 GMT
#927
--- Nuked ---
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
October 24 2020 02:30 GMT
#928
Do any conservatives, republicans, or Trump voters post here?
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
October 24 2020 02:32 GMT
#929
On October 24 2020 11:30 AirbladeOrange wrote:
Do any conservatives, republicans, or Trump voters post here?


only gamers post here
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
iamthedave
Profile Joined February 2011
England2814 Posts
October 24 2020 02:39 GMT
#930
On October 24 2020 10:27 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2020 10:04 Starlightsun wrote:
I really can't see the Democrats are no different than Republicans stuff. Even if Revolution is the goal, isn't it easier to seek that in a government which isn't inclined to autocracy and violently repressing protest? Or on abortion and gay rights, isn't a party that determines policy based on Christian fundamentalism clearly a greater obstacle than one that does not? I do share the frustration that Democrats pay empty lip service, but they seem at least a better starting point of pushing changes than the conditions of the past four years. Unless the spark of change wanted is pushing people into such misery that they take up arms?


I don't argue that Republicans and Democrats are the same but it's worth noting that if we don't want a revolution then it's going to be very hard to obtain anything under Biden. Any move to push him to his left runs the risk of weakening him, and if he gets weak, then the fascist that they'll have instead of Trump in 2024 will be the one most likely to benefit.

I would personally favor antisystem solutions so I'm "fine" with that risk, but the people who don't and still want progress are going to run into this issue and I don't see any solutions available.


The problem is this is a circular argument. Strong left candidates just don't fly in America. You can blame what you like, but the people had two cracks at Bernie and didn't vote for him enough.

How can you get the change you want when someone comes along proposing it... and he doesn't get the votes?

Ultimately the conclusion of this argument has to be 'just let the Republicans win because it makes no difference'.
I'm not bad at Starcraft; I just think winning's rude.
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12562 Posts
October 24 2020 02:47 GMT
#931
On October 24 2020 11:39 iamthedave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2020 10:27 Nebuchad wrote:
On October 24 2020 10:04 Starlightsun wrote:
I really can't see the Democrats are no different than Republicans stuff. Even if Revolution is the goal, isn't it easier to seek that in a government which isn't inclined to autocracy and violently repressing protest? Or on abortion and gay rights, isn't a party that determines policy based on Christian fundamentalism clearly a greater obstacle than one that does not? I do share the frustration that Democrats pay empty lip service, but they seem at least a better starting point of pushing changes than the conditions of the past four years. Unless the spark of change wanted is pushing people into such misery that they take up arms?


I don't argue that Republicans and Democrats are the same but it's worth noting that if we don't want a revolution then it's going to be very hard to obtain anything under Biden. Any move to push him to his left runs the risk of weakening him, and if he gets weak, then the fascist that they'll have instead of Trump in 2024 will be the one most likely to benefit.

I would personally favor antisystem solutions so I'm "fine" with that risk, but the people who don't and still want progress are going to run into this issue and I don't see any solutions available.


The problem is this is a circular argument. Strong left candidates just don't fly in America. You can blame what you like, but the people had two cracks at Bernie and didn't vote for him enough.

How can you get the change you want when someone comes along proposing it... and he doesn't get the votes?

Ultimately the conclusion of this argument has to be 'just let the Republicans win because it makes no difference'.


I'm just answering the claim that it's going to be easier to seek any leftist achievements under Biden, that's all. For my big picture I'm entirely convinced that any country that has a neoliberal framework (ie where the left is represented by a (neo)liberal and the right is a far right nutjob, fascist or otherwise) can't achieve anything remotely leftwing without breaking that framework first.
No will to live, no wish to die
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24384 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-24 03:17:30
October 24 2020 03:08 GMT
#932
On October 24 2020 11:47 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2020 11:39 iamthedave wrote:
On October 24 2020 10:27 Nebuchad wrote:
On October 24 2020 10:04 Starlightsun wrote:
I really can't see the Democrats are no different than Republicans stuff. Even if Revolution is the goal, isn't it easier to seek that in a government which isn't inclined to autocracy and violently repressing protest? Or on abortion and gay rights, isn't a party that determines policy based on Christian fundamentalism clearly a greater obstacle than one that does not? I do share the frustration that Democrats pay empty lip service, but they seem at least a better starting point of pushing changes than the conditions of the past four years. Unless the spark of change wanted is pushing people into such misery that they take up arms?


I don't argue that Republicans and Democrats are the same but it's worth noting that if we don't want a revolution then it's going to be very hard to obtain anything under Biden. Any move to push him to his left runs the risk of weakening him, and if he gets weak, then the fascist that they'll have instead of Trump in 2024 will be the one most likely to benefit.

I would personally favor antisystem solutions so I'm "fine" with that risk, but the people who don't and still want progress are going to run into this issue and I don't see any solutions available.


The problem is this is a circular argument. Strong left candidates just don't fly in America. You can blame what you like, but the people had two cracks at Bernie and didn't vote for him enough.

How can you get the change you want when someone comes along proposing it... and he doesn't get the votes?

Ultimately the conclusion of this argument has to be 'just let the Republicans win because it makes no difference'.


I'm just answering the claim that it's going to be easier to seek any leftist achievements under Biden, that's all. For my big picture I'm entirely convinced that any country that has a neoliberal framework (ie where the left is represented by a (neo)liberal and the right is a far right nutjob, fascist or otherwise) can't achieve anything remotely leftwing without breaking that framework first.

This is a key fundamental disagreement between the left and neoliberals as I see it. They want to preserve the framework knowing how ineffective it's been at things like addressing foundational issues for any significant change like reducing the wealth gap between Black and white citizens over the last 60 years or so, as well as policy with overwhelming bipartisan public support for decades like gun reforms.

I agree more or less with gor that it will require even more disruptive protests than we saw immediately after George Floyd was murdered on film in broad daylight. I disagree with people that don't recognize that BLM and the violent suppression of them started under Obama (and was unacceptable to conscientious folks imo then) and certainly won't stop (or be better than Obama) under Biden .
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44368 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-24 06:17:29
October 24 2020 04:22 GMT
#933
On October 24 2020 10:33 iPlaY.NettleS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2020 02:57 KwarK wrote:
Here is a reminder that after starting a trade war with a large number of tariffs on Chinese imports Trump still doesn’t know what a tariff is.


"China is paying," Trump said. "They're paying billions and billions of dollars. I just gave $28 billion to our farmers — "

Taxpayers' money," Democratic nominee Joe Biden interjected.

"It was China — " Trump paused. "It's what?"

"Taxpayers' money," Biden reiterated. "It didn't come from China."

"Yeah, you know who the taxpayer is? It's called China," Trump crowed. "China paid $28 million, and you know what they did to pay it, Joe? They devalued their currency, and they also paid up. And you know who got the money? Our farmers. Our great farmers, because they were targeted."

Can any Trump supporters defend this? How is it okay that we have a leader enacting policy that he clearly doesn’t understand? It’s not about whether you support the tariffs or not, it’s about whether the guy writing the tariffs should be required to know what a tariff is.

For the record, it’s basically a surcharge tax on Chinese goods sold in the US to make them more expensive for US consumers and therefore less desirable relative to US manufactured goods.

What is there to defend if you're not going to post the full quote? .Talking about China devaluing their currency was a lead-in to them dumping cheap steel into the US market.
He talked about tariffs on Chinese steel imports in the next paragraph.

Out of all the stuff to get worked up over you chose this? C'mon man!

The full quote changes nothing. Do you know how tariffs work? What he said is factually untrue. It's like if he started talking about how women are sticking coathangers into their cloacas to abort 2 year olds. It's just not right. There's no context that could make it right. The fundamental facts are incompatible with the words he is using. The money does not come from China, it comes from US consumers. The Chinese government did not write the US a check for the tariffs.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
October 24 2020 04:25 GMT
#934
On October 24 2020 09:52 greenturtle23 wrote:
Show nested quote +

2. Gay marriage. Well I suppose you could say the Democrats supported that. I mean, prominent Democrats like Hillary Clinton only did so when it became a popular position, and never when it would've been an unpopular but important idealistic choice, but I suppose that by 2016 they were on the "right side" of that issue. Maybe a couple decades from now they'll be the flag-bearer-in-hindsight of a currently unpopular group facing social injustice. GH certainly could say a thing or two on that one.


This is true, but it is better than the Republican side of opposing it despite being popular.

They oppose it because said position is popular with their own core support base (mainly evangelicals). True, Democrats caught on once their own base became overwhelmingly in favor, but "social justice - if it polls well" is a hilariously uninspiring endorsement for anyone who isn't just looking to contort the facts to justify the status quo.

I mean you do have people like Bernie Sanders who supported it since 1995, back when it was politically harmful to do so, so it's at least theoretically possible to be ahead of the public opinion. Right now, Democrats seem more concerned with trying to prove that they're good Republicans so the "conservatives who don't like Trump" base will vote for them than with making any actual forward progress.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
greenturtle23
Profile Joined August 2019
86 Posts
October 24 2020 04:30 GMT
#935
On October 24 2020 13:25 LegalLord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2020 09:52 greenturtle23 wrote:

2. Gay marriage. Well I suppose you could say the Democrats supported that. I mean, prominent Democrats like Hillary Clinton only did so when it became a popular position, and never when it would've been an unpopular but important idealistic choice, but I suppose that by 2016 they were on the "right side" of that issue. Maybe a couple decades from now they'll be the flag-bearer-in-hindsight of a currently unpopular group facing social injustice. GH certainly could say a thing or two on that one.


This is true, but it is better than the Republican side of opposing it despite being popular.

They oppose it because said position is popular with their own core support base (mainly evangelicals). True, Democrats caught on once their own base became overwhelmingly in favor, but "social justice - if it polls well" is a hilariously uninspiring endorsement for anyone who isn't just looking to contort the facts to justify the status quo.

I mean you do have people like Bernie Sanders who supported it since 1995, back when it was politically harmful to do so, so it's at least theoretically possible to be ahead of the public opinion. Right now, Democrats seem more concerned with trying to prove that they're good Republicans so the "conservatives who don't like Trump" base will vote for them than with making any actual forward progress.


I agree with all of that which is why when the choice was Bernie vs Biden I choose Bernie. He unfortunately lost. Now the choice is between Biden and Trump. It is an easy choice.
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
October 24 2020 04:31 GMT
#936
On October 24 2020 10:16 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
In an interesting development Team Trumpism is throwing Lindsey Graham to the wolves, with Lou Dobbs attacking him and saying not to vote for him. Poor Graham put all his principles aside to kiss Trump's ass for years but apparently he's out now?

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1319749236251070466

Wow I did not expect this to be as clear and devastating as it is. This is like throwing him under the bus and then throwing the planet the road is on, under the sun, then eliminating that solar system from existence.
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24384 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-10-24 05:29:58
October 24 2020 04:33 GMT
#937
Democrats seem more concerned with trying to prove that they're good Republicans so the "conservatives who don't like Trump" base will vote for them than with making any actual forward progress.


This. Biden shouldn't be being compared to Trump, but to Obama if people want to argue that lesser evil incrementalism in the US isn't a road to hell paved with "good intentions" and "hope".

That's one reason why the "Democrats and Republicans are exactly the same" strawman is used in place of the actual arguments about their functional similarities and what should be (imo) the unacceptable nature of them and their inability to confront the dire challenges we face (regardless of their differences, which do obviously exist).
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
October 24 2020 04:51 GMT
#938
On October 24 2020 13:30 greenturtle23 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2020 13:25 LegalLord wrote:
On October 24 2020 09:52 greenturtle23 wrote:

2. Gay marriage. Well I suppose you could say the Democrats supported that. I mean, prominent Democrats like Hillary Clinton only did so when it became a popular position, and never when it would've been an unpopular but important idealistic choice, but I suppose that by 2016 they were on the "right side" of that issue. Maybe a couple decades from now they'll be the flag-bearer-in-hindsight of a currently unpopular group facing social injustice. GH certainly could say a thing or two on that one.


This is true, but it is better than the Republican side of opposing it despite being popular.

They oppose it because said position is popular with their own core support base (mainly evangelicals). True, Democrats caught on once their own base became overwhelmingly in favor, but "social justice - if it polls well" is a hilariously uninspiring endorsement for anyone who isn't just looking to contort the facts to justify the status quo.

I mean you do have people like Bernie Sanders who supported it since 1995, back when it was politically harmful to do so, so it's at least theoretically possible to be ahead of the public opinion. Right now, Democrats seem more concerned with trying to prove that they're good Republicans so the "conservatives who don't like Trump" base will vote for them than with making any actual forward progress.


I agree with all of that which is why when the choice was Bernie vs Biden I choose Bernie. He unfortunately lost. Now the choice is between Biden and Trump. It is an easy choice.

I don't begrudge anyone for choosing to vote Biden now that it's down to him or Trump. That's not the choice I made (I ultimately went with 3rd party), but I don't think everyone needs to do the same thing I do. Being particularly holier-than-thou about how you're one of the bad people if you don't make the "only acceptable choice" of voting Biden is grossly misguided, though.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
Starlightsun
Profile Blog Joined June 2016
United States1405 Posts
October 24 2020 04:54 GMT
#939
On October 24 2020 10:27 Nebuchad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2020 10:04 Starlightsun wrote:
I really can't see the Democrats are no different than Republicans stuff. Even if Revolution is the goal, isn't it easier to seek that in a government which isn't inclined to autocracy and violently repressing protest? Or on abortion and gay rights, isn't a party that determines policy based on Christian fundamentalism clearly a greater obstacle than one that does not? I do share the frustration that Democrats pay empty lip service, but they seem at least a better starting point of pushing changes than the conditions of the past four years. Unless the spark of change wanted is pushing people into such misery that they take up arms?


I don't argue that Republicans and Democrats are the same but it's worth noting that if we don't want a revolution then it's going to be very hard to obtain anything under Biden. Any move to push him to his left runs the risk of weakening him, and if he gets weak, then the fascist that they'll have instead of Trump in 2024 will be the one most likely to benefit.

I would personally favor antisystem solutions so I'm "fine" with that risk, but the people who don't and still want progress are going to run into this issue and I don't see any solutions available.


I would hope that as millennials become majority of the electorate, it won't be considered weakening to go left. It will be interesting to see if the Democrat party changes when Pelosi and Schumer finally retire someday, and if Biden stays true to his word that he is a transitional president to the next generation. If he even wins this election, that is.
greenturtle23
Profile Joined August 2019
86 Posts
October 24 2020 05:04 GMT
#940
On October 24 2020 13:51 LegalLord wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2020 13:30 greenturtle23 wrote:
On October 24 2020 13:25 LegalLord wrote:
On October 24 2020 09:52 greenturtle23 wrote:

2. Gay marriage. Well I suppose you could say the Democrats supported that. I mean, prominent Democrats like Hillary Clinton only did so when it became a popular position, and never when it would've been an unpopular but important idealistic choice, but I suppose that by 2016 they were on the "right side" of that issue. Maybe a couple decades from now they'll be the flag-bearer-in-hindsight of a currently unpopular group facing social injustice. GH certainly could say a thing or two on that one.


This is true, but it is better than the Republican side of opposing it despite being popular.

They oppose it because said position is popular with their own core support base (mainly evangelicals). True, Democrats caught on once their own base became overwhelmingly in favor, but "social justice - if it polls well" is a hilariously uninspiring endorsement for anyone who isn't just looking to contort the facts to justify the status quo.

I mean you do have people like Bernie Sanders who supported it since 1995, back when it was politically harmful to do so, so it's at least theoretically possible to be ahead of the public opinion. Right now, Democrats seem more concerned with trying to prove that they're good Republicans so the "conservatives who don't like Trump" base will vote for them than with making any actual forward progress.


I agree with all of that which is why when the choice was Bernie vs Biden I choose Bernie. He unfortunately lost. Now the choice is between Biden and Trump. It is an easy choice.

I don't begrudge anyone for choosing to vote Biden now that it's down to him or Trump. That's not the choice I made (I ultimately went with 3rd party), but I don't think everyone needs to do the same thing I do. Being particularly holier-than-thou about how you're one of the bad people if you don't make the "only acceptable choice" of voting Biden is grossly misguided, though.


I don't view people hat don't vote for Biden as bad people. I think voting for him is the correct choice, but I understand that others may not see it that way. In a non swing state it doesn't even mater.

Let's hope a Bernie or Bernie like candidate comes along in 2024. Biden may be too old to run again even if he wins his year.
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 50 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 16h 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4082
Mong 84
ToSsGirL 71
sorry 51
Noble 9
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King147
Other Games
summit1g8070
WinterStarcraft604
ceh9414
Happy203
Sick157
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2275
League of Legends
• Stunt429
Other Games
• Shiphtur561
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 1m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.