• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:55
CEST 19:55
KST 02:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9787 users

A girl's reaction to being posted on the Internet - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
HorsementalitY
Profile Joined August 2003
United States1159 Posts
May 29 2007 20:28 GMT
#81
in my experience in high school and college sports, id say; track and field and field hockey girls look the best hands down. volleyball girls come close behind based solely on their uniforms. basketball girls and soccer girls are the ugliest....at least for me in my HS and college.
Women, Pot, Futbol and Music
boghat
Profile Joined January 2007
United States2109 Posts
May 29 2007 20:28 GMT
#82
On May 30 2007 05:25 xM(Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2007 05:19 boghat wrote:
On May 30 2007 05:14 xM(Z wrote:
On May 30 2007 04:15 boghat wrote:
On May 30 2007 04:10 xM(Z wrote:
On May 30 2007 04:00 boghat wrote:
This is such bullshit. If she goes into public places then people can take pictures of her. She can fuck herself for all I care. She'll have an INCREDIBLY easy life as it is so she should just shut the fuck up.

if you like to see her why don't you go where she lives;
if you would do in real life what you do on the internet you'll go to jail; it's called stalking.

wtf are you talking about? I don't want to see her, I don't give a shit. The funny thing is I and millions of other people would never have known about this or her had it not been covered in news. If no one at teamliquid or my local news reported on this story I never would have known about her. If I was some serial killer stalker then thank you for reporting this I just found my next victim. What a hypocritical load of horse shit this is.

you are way out;
if you don't give a shit you shouldn't post; since you did it's obvious from your post what you think of her;
you analogy sucks; it's not the serial killer on the news it's his victim.

I think she's dumb to complain about this but other than that I have no problem with her at all. All I was saying about the serial killer thing is that by reporting this on the news it just makes it that much easier for a stalker to get to her. The I don't give a shit and she can go fuck herself comments were unwarranted however. I just got carried away. My opinion stands though.

and if her life turns out really shitty because of this can you repair the damage done?; you'll just be happy in your ignorance, never knowing, always assuming.

I'll probably hear on the news if her life is shitting but I really don't see how this is going to affect her life at all in a couple months. No one is going to care about this in due time and neither should she. People make big deals out of nothing.
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
May 29 2007 20:29 GMT
#83
human population (society) is 60 to 70% fuggly so they should rule; thus the paradox.
it's not her fault that you dream, demand, want perfection.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
boghat
Profile Joined January 2007
United States2109 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-05-29 20:35:38
May 29 2007 20:30 GMT
#84
On May 30 2007 05:27 BroOd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2007 05:20 boghat wrote:
On May 30 2007 05:18 BroOd wrote:
Let's take a step back and acknowledge the difference between an "easier life" and:

"She'll have an INCREDIBLY easy life as it is so she should just shut the fuck up."

I got carried away with harsh language but the notion behind what I said stands. She will have an easier life and she should stop complaining about this.


What exactly is your frame of reference when deciding just what a high school girl should have to deal with?

And so we're clear, not all attractive girls become actresses or suck cock to get promotions or marry and become trophy wives. You're talking like every girl with a pretty face has been dealt some invincible hand, some blank check to do whatever she wants. That's not how it works. We're not talking about a cross-section of people or some statistic, we're talking about one person. To suggest she should shut up and take whatever harassment is thrown at her because one day down the line she MIGHT have it easy is ridiculous.

If you're attractive people are nicer to you, period. And I don't consider this harassment. I'm not saying she should take harassment because she's attractive, I just don't think she has been harassed at all.
boghat
Profile Joined January 2007
United States2109 Posts
May 29 2007 20:32 GMT
#85
On May 30 2007 05:29 xM(Z wrote:
human population (society) is 60 to 70% fuggly so they should rule; thus the paradox.
it's not her fault that you dream, demand, want perfection.

There's no paradox. Even if your random percentages are correct that doesn't mean they should rule. Kings and dictators and their posse are 1% of the people and they can rule. And better looking people do usually have more control over the ugly.
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
May 29 2007 20:37 GMT
#86
ugly people let them; at least acknowledge that; if it's not his fault for wanting perfection it's not her fault for having it.

boghat in a world that videotapes or takes pictures of everything 24/7 it's not uncommom for one to view privacy or intimacy as something special, noncommercial. and if she sais so who teh fuck are you to say otherwise.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
May 29 2007 20:37 GMT
#87
On May 30 2007 05:30 boghat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2007 05:27 BroOd wrote:
On May 30 2007 05:20 boghat wrote:
On May 30 2007 05:18 BroOd wrote:
Let's take a step back and acknowledge the difference between an "easier life" and:

"She'll have an INCREDIBLY easy life as it is so she should just shut the fuck up."

I got carried away with harsh language but the notion behind what I said stands. She will have an easier life and she should stop complaining about this.


What exactly is your frame of reference when deciding just what a high school girl should have to deal with?

And so we're clear, not all attractive girls become actresses or suck cock to get promotions or marry and become trophy wives. You're talking like every girl with a pretty face has been dealt some invincible hand, some blank check to do whatever she wants. That's not how it works. We're not talking about a cross-section of people or some statistic, we're talking about one person. To suggest she should shut up and take whatever harassment is thrown at her because one day down the line she MIGHT have it easy is ridiculous.

If your attractive people are nicer to you, period. And I don't consider this harrassment. I'm not saying she should take harassment because she's attractive, I just don't think she has been harassed at all.


The wave of attention has steamrolled Stokke and her family in Newport Beach, Calif. She is recognized -- and stared at -- in coffee shops. She locks her doors and tries not to leave the house alone.


Stokke read on message boards that dozens of anonymous strangers had turned her picture into the background image on their computers. She felt violated. It was like becoming the victim of a crime, Stokke said. Her body had been stolen and turned into a public commodity, critiqued in fan forums devoted to everything from hip-hop to Hollywood.


to the message boards and chat forums where hundreds of anonymous users looked at Stokke's picture and posted sexual fantasies.


"I worked so hard for pole vaulting and all this other stuff, and it's almost like that doesn't matter. Nobody sees that. Nobody really sees me."


Yeah, you know what? I think you're right. That's not really harassment at all. Infact, I think every pretty 18 year old should have to go through something like this, as penance for the super easy life they're going to get.
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
L!MP
Profile Joined March 2003
Australia2067 Posts
May 29 2007 20:39 GMT
#88
meh it sounds like she wants to go pro, yet she's complaining about being famous. emails and myspace crap are easily blocked. so she's famous for being hot on the internet, get over it. i'd be happy if a random good pic of me became famous on the net for being damn hot. geez.
boghat
Profile Joined January 2007
United States2109 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-05-29 20:44:03
May 29 2007 20:42 GMT
#89
Look I'm not going to argue about this anymore but I just don't think anything bad happened here. If you're photographed in public and people decide to spread it on the internet (it only happened because she was attractive) then deal with it. If she was more mature about this she wouldn't be bothered about it but I guess it's hard for someone as young and immature as her. I guarantee if everyone in a coffee shop stares at her it is definitely because this was posted on the news, not because of random blogs. And if she thinks pole vaulting is who she is more than what she looks like she needs a lot of growing up. There are millions of people who would love to be in the position she is in now. When no one gives a shit about her again in a month she may miss the attention she is getting now. But she'll still be attractive so she'll be fine.
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
May 29 2007 20:43 GMT
#90
besides, how skiny neanderthals invented weapons to fuck the bigger males so did the fuggly people invented plastic surgery; so quit bitchin';
everything evolves and noone is to blame for the way they were born.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
May 29 2007 20:43 GMT
#91
Just a ton of armchair psychology with no real base I guess.
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
May 29 2007 20:45 GMT
#92
there are like thousands of girls I would have as my desktop background over her
boghat
Profile Joined January 2007
United States2109 Posts
May 29 2007 20:46 GMT
#93
It's not really psychology, it's just my opinion on this story. But my opinions aren't baseless, they're just from my experience of this world.
boghat
Profile Joined January 2007
United States2109 Posts
May 29 2007 20:47 GMT
#94
On May 30 2007 05:43 xM(Z wrote:
besides, how skiny neanderthals invented weapons to fuck the bigger males so did the fuggly people invented plastic surgery; so quit bitchin';
everything evolves and noone is to blame for the way they were born.

I'm not sure how this relates to what we're talking about... :\
DrainX
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Sweden3187 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-05-29 20:51:57
May 29 2007 20:50 GMT
#95
I dont get it. If a picture was taken of me in public I wouldnt care if the whole world saw it. Since it is in public im aware that people can see me. If I didnt want people to see me when I went down town shopping or w/e I would be wearing a burka >_< I dont see a differance between someone seeing me walk past them on the street and someone snapping a photo of me while I walk past them and showing it to their friend.

If the picture is private though... like me sitting in my underwear in front of my computer or nekkid in the shower then I would get upset... but no one would ever get a photo of me like that unless I wanted them to. If it was somehow posted on the internet that would be my own fault. As we all know there is no such thing as "removing" it from the internet. Once its there it stays there.
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
May 29 2007 20:52 GMT
#96
fuggly people+plastic surgery = beautifull people with easy lifes.
On May 30 2007 05:46 boghat wrote:
It's not really psychology, it's just my opinion on this story. But my opinions aren't baseless, they're just from my experience of this world.

still, you experienced the world through you eyes, and just witness the rest.
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
mYm.Alpine
Profile Joined April 2006
United States465 Posts
May 29 2007 20:54 GMT
#97
I guess I see it as....this is the price that beautiful women have to pay for their attractiveness.... Naturally if someone is gorgeous like that, she'll garner attention from many unwanted areas, but, to complain about it....if I were her, I'd be finding a way to milk this into something useful instead of crying about it...but that's me.
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
May 29 2007 20:57 GMT
#98
lol
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
May 29 2007 21:00 GMT
#99
and another thing, please make a distinction between: people learn to live (maybe enjoy, gain from it) with the shit from their life and people choose the shit from their life;
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
LuMiX
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
China5758 Posts
May 29 2007 21:14 GMT
#100
shes amazingly hot...wonder where shes heading to college? all those IVY Leagues want her.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 579
UpATreeSC 120
ProTech82
JuggernautJason33
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33054
Calm 3433
Shuttle 1115
actioN 223
firebathero 173
Dewaltoss 107
Hyuk 107
Barracks 106
Liquid`Ret 71
Hyun 31
[ Show more ]
Free 25
Bale 24
HiyA 24
Aegong 21
NaDa 21
soO 19
PianO 17
Shine 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8753
Dendi1164
XaKoH 387
Fuzer 107
League of Legends
KnowMe82
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1296
fl0m1163
x6flipin448
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu34
Other Games
singsing2034
FrodaN1464
Beastyqt709
ceh9417
B2W.Neo400
mouzStarbuck310
byalli194
Livibee187
C9.Mang0163
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr73
Mew2King57
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV422
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie621
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 20m
Replay Cast
5h 5m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.