• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:55
CEST 19:55
KST 02:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9787 users

A girl's reaction to being posted on the Internet - Page 9

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20169 Posts
May 30 2007 04:39 GMT
#161
Results 1 - 10 of about 188,000 for allison stokke.
Results 1 - 10 of about 2,040,000 for scott peterson

I definately have it worse.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
AmorVincitOmnia
Profile Joined March 2005
Kenya3846 Posts
May 30 2007 04:41 GMT
#162
i'm curious as to how many times she's actually been approached. she's obviously attractive, but i mean fuck the last thing i'm thinking about while i'm out is "that pole vaulting bitch". i wouldn't even recognize her. i'd say there's a good chance she's blowing this all out of proportion. most people have never seen the picture, and have no idea who the hell she is.
r.i.p. Bud Shank May 27, 1926 - April 2, 2009
AmorVincitOmnia
Profile Joined March 2005
Kenya3846 Posts
May 30 2007 04:42 GMT
#163
On May 30 2007 13:39 decafchicken wrote:
Results 1 - 10 of about 188,000 for allison stokke.
Results 1 - 10 of about 2,040,000 for scott peterson

I definately have it worse.


that sucks.
r.i.p. Bud Shank May 27, 1926 - April 2, 2009
boghat
Profile Joined January 2007
United States2109 Posts
May 30 2007 04:44 GMT
#164
On May 30 2007 13:41 AmorVincitOmnia wrote:
i'm curious as to how many times she's actually been approached. she's obviously attractive, but i mean fuck the last thing i'm thinking about while i'm out is "that pole vaulting bitch". i wouldn't even recognize her. i'd say there's a good chance she's blowing this all out of proportion. most people have never seen the picture, and have no idea who the hell she is.

That's a good point. If I saw her on the street I doubt I'd recognize her unless I had just looked at her picture 5 minutes ago.
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
May 30 2007 04:44 GMT
#165
On May 30 2007 13:34 boghat wrote:
If she's winning these national compeitions and setting records and going all over the country then she must enjoy the attention and fame that she is getting.

your're affirming the consequent here, we really don't know what drives her to compete. you can't assume her motivation, even though it's apparently evident to you.


I don't mean to say she specifically went into pole vaulting to be famous but if you keep working really hard and competing at national competitions and winning you must realizing you are getting well known. And if continues to do it I'm assuming she likes the attention.

you even admit here that's you're assuming that she enjoys the attention, and you're right -- that is an assumption, and given your argument of "she keeps competing", it's an invalid one.


She is just mad guys care about her looks a lot more than her pole vaulting but that's way it is. She also seems to be pretty stupid to think that just because some random anonymous guys post sexual fantasies of her on the internet that they are going to stalk her too. Doesn't she realize by now that's what anonymous guys do? If she takes it as flattery instead of unfounded paranoia then no one would be hurt by this situation.
who are you to tell her what to be offended and scared of and what not to be? knowing that people around the world whom you've never met think of you during personal sexual gratification may be an item of humour for a supermodel or a pornstar, but to a girl in high school? she's expressed her discomfort with it, there should be nothing more to discuss about it. (not there ever was, this entire discussion is ridiculous)


And I'm pretty sure that comment about people staring at her in coffee shops is an exaggeration. If a hot girl walks in a room most people look for a little bit. I doubt hardly anyone just stares at her. And even if the staring in public is annoying I'd be willing to bet the only reason most people in her area recognize her is because it was on the local news and in the local newspapers. You think a large portion of any given population actually follows stuff that happens on the internet? I don't think so.


as respected as your assumptions, and 'pretty sures', and 'doubts' are, they have nothing to do with this girl's feelings. it could be entirely possible that while sitting in a coffee shop she receives no more attention than a typical attractive woman would, but then again, maybe she does. she certainly claims that she does, and once, again, who are you to tell her otherwise?

this thread is digusting
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-05-30 04:51:02
May 30 2007 04:47 GMT
#166
On May 30 2007 13:34 boghat wrote:
If she's winning these national compeitions and setting records and going all over the country then she must enjoy the attention and fame that she is getting. I don't mean to say she specifically went into pole vaulting to be famous but if you keep working really hard and competing at national competitions and winning you must realize you are getting well known. And if she continues to do it I'm assuming she likes the attention. Obviously she must have noticed people taking pictures of her before this event started. I guess the reasoning is it's okay for 20,000 people to see a picture of her in a newspaper but it's bad for 200,000 people to see a picture of her on the internet?

She is just mad guys care about her looks a lot more than her pole vaulting but that's way it is. She also seems to be pretty stupid to think that just because some random anonymous guys post sexual fantasies of her on the internet that they are going to stalk her too. Doesn't she realize by now that's what anonymous guys do? If she takes it as flattery instead of unfounded paranoia then no one would be hurt by this situation.

And I'm pretty sure that comment about people staring at her in coffee shops is an exaggeration. If a hot girl walks in a room most people look for a little bit. I doubt hardly anyone just stares at her. And even if the staring in public is annoying I'd be willing to bet the only reason most people in her area recognize her is because it was on the local news and in the local newspapers. You think a large portion of any given population actually follows stuff that happens on the internet? I don't think so.

Also the article never says she is actually harassed.


Man, this post makes me think you've never had contact with a member of the female race before. Saying that girls who have photos of them taken and plastered over the Internet should be "flattered" instead of "worried" - oh, no, I mean, "unfoundedly paranoid" - honestly, wtf?

I don't know if you have a little sister or not. But just try, try to imagine hundreds of thousands of people on message boards on the Internet talking about your little sister, posting it as their desktop backgrounds, making fake Facebook profiles, setting up websites, making MySpace fan groups, writing explicit sexual fantasies, saying they're going to go to your house and check her out. Imagine her being harrassed by phone calls, interview requests, and her high school getting dozens of photo shoot requests (including a nudie Brazilian magazine). All of these things actually happened (read the damn article). And she never asked for any of it. She just wanted to fucking pole-vault.

If you see nothing wrong with that, then...... She's fucking uncomfortable with it, who are you to tell her she shouldn't be? It's easy enough for you to say that she shouldn't be uppity or raise a fuss about it - but how much do you know of being her, or of even being a woman? Have you ever had this occur to you? Will it ever occur to you? No? So just accept the fact that this little girl is not happy with what happened, and don't assume that you know what is best for her or what she should be doing.
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
May 30 2007 04:50 GMT
#167
Although admittedly this is an assumption, I'm working my argument on the basis that they know how the internet works, and that they're not so scared of anonymous guys on the internet. As I said previously, there's the reasonable fear that some of the people lurking the internet are dangerous people. With the size and power of the internet there is some cause for concern here.

Regarding the argument about how not everyone follows internet happenings, I think it's unreasonable to assume that only the people who frequent the internet would know about her. News travels fast, and direct word of mouth can transfer information really fast. Everyone at school probably learned about this really quickly, and then extra photographers coming to events probably raises eyebrows. It's not so hard to believe that people around town would know about something like this.
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
May 30 2007 04:50 GMT
#168
Wear baggy clothes and don't do your makeup? Seriously i wouldn't be able to differentiate her from any other hot girl while walking down the street regardless of what's she's wearing/who she is.
boghat
Profile Joined January 2007
United States2109 Posts
May 30 2007 04:50 GMT
#169
You're overreacting more than her now.
GrandInquisitor *
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
New York City13113 Posts
May 30 2007 04:52 GMT
#170
On May 30 2007 13:50 boghat wrote:
You're overreacting more than her now.


What, you're "bored" of this argument again once you run out of things to say and don't know how to respond? jesus
What fun is it being cool if you can’t wear a sombrero?
boghat
Profile Joined January 2007
United States2109 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-05-30 05:05:32
May 30 2007 04:54 GMT
#171
On May 30 2007 13:52 GrandInquisitor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2007 13:50 boghat wrote:
You're overreacting more than her now.


What, you're "bored" of this argument again once you run out of things to say and don't know how to respond? jesus

Actually that was aimed at CTStalker and I was just about to edit it to reply to you so hold on. I was bored for awhile but I can't resist responding to people in a thread I'm already caught up in.

I have two younger sisters. If this happened to one of them they would probably be upset about it at first. But if they were afraid to leave the house I'd probably say some of the same things I'm writing on this thread to her to convince her to not be afraid. Also I'd give the advice to just not actively seek out message boards talking about her, like this thread, if it is going to make her upset because nothing on message boards is real. It's just talk between anonymous people. My sisters would usually have friends with them if they go to some place like a coffee shop and I would think it may be amusing for her and her friends if people actually noticed her but maybe not.

Also when I said I was bored that was at the end of a post in which I had already replied to you so you can't really accuse me of running when I don't know how to respond.

Well since she can't really do much about the spread on the internet now I think my advice is pretty good. She should just stop complaining, stop being afraid, and just move on. That is basically the core of what I am arguing ... I think ... I don't even know what our two sides of this argument exactly are anymore -.-
MeowKitten
Profile Joined May 2007
35 Posts
May 30 2007 05:07 GMT
#172
Everyone has the right to be offended by whatever they want. If you choose to exercise that right, it's your own damn fault.
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
May 30 2007 05:15 GMT
#173
On May 30 2007 13:54 boghat wrote:

Well since she can't really do much about the spread on the internet now I think my advice is pretty good. She should just stop complaining, stop being afraid, and just move on. That is basically the core of what I am arguing ... I think ... I don't even know what our two sides of this argument exactly are anymore -.-


I think the main point that I disagreed with was that you were basically calling her a hypocrite for not wanting fame despite pursuing pole vaulting at a national level. I think that given we don't know anything about her motivations for pole vaulting, it's a pretty unreasonable claim to make.
TesisMech
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Peru688 Posts
May 30 2007 05:16 GMT
#174
Am I the only one who doesnt find her attractive ? wtf she is like typical a 16 year old girl
MeowKitten
Profile Joined May 2007
35 Posts
May 30 2007 05:23 GMT
#175
On May 30 2007 14:16 TesisMech wrote:
Am I the only one who doesnt find her attractive ? wtf she is like typical a 16 year old girl


Since most people look about ten times better in person than in pictures, maybe people are assuming that is the case with her. But since she only looks really stellar in that one picture, I think it's a fluke, and she's just another fit, fairly pretty 18 year old.
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
May 30 2007 05:25 GMT
#176
On May 30 2007 08:29 Eniram wrote:
What kind of pathetic guy invests more than 3 seconds of his time into a picture of a hot girl on the internet?


Uh, you can masturbate in 3 seconds?
Moderator<:3-/-<
boghat
Profile Joined January 2007
United States2109 Posts
May 30 2007 05:28 GMT
#177
On May 30 2007 14:15 Slithe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2007 13:54 boghat wrote:

Well since she can't really do much about the spread on the internet now I think my advice is pretty good. She should just stop complaining, stop being afraid, and just move on. That is basically the core of what I am arguing ... I think ... I don't even know what our two sides of this argument exactly are anymore -.-


I think the main point that I disagreed with was that you were basically calling her a hypocrite for not wanting fame despite pursuing pole vaulting at a national level. I think that given we don't know anything about her motivations for pole vaulting, it's a pretty unreasonable claim to make.

Yeah that point is kind of iffy. It's just that obviously she could see she was getting photographed at these games so where did she think the photos would go? Just in a newspaper maybe but even newspapers have online websites now with pictures. It seems inevitable to me that if you're competing in national competitions and winning and are being photographed then your picture is going to end up being on the internet. It's just weird that she's so against being famous and yet competes on a national level. I'm not calling her a hypocrite I'm just saying it's a bit weird.
MeowKitten
Profile Joined May 2007
35 Posts
May 30 2007 05:42 GMT
#178
On May 30 2007 14:25 IntoTheWow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2007 08:29 Eniram wrote:
What kind of pathetic guy invests more than 3 seconds of his time into a picture of a hot girl on the internet?


Uh, you can masturbate in 3 seconds?


I guess if you've been sufficiently prepped, it's possible.
mel_ee
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
2450 Posts
May 30 2007 05:45 GMT
#179
On May 30 2007 14:25 IntoTheWow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2007 08:29 Eniram wrote:
What kind of pathetic guy invests more than 3 seconds of his time into a picture of a hot girl on the internet?


Uh, you can masturbate in 3 seconds?


technically you can~ the question is if you can finish in 3 seconds?
Behold the bold soldier, control the globe slowly proceeds to blow swingin swords like Shinobi
Headlines
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States482 Posts
May 30 2007 05:55 GMT
#180
She doesn't want to be famous because of her looks, she wants to be famous for poll jumping and whatever career she will be getting later in her life. MAYBE she's poll jumping because she likes the sport? Who wouldn't want to fly 13 feet in the air and know they'll land safely? I wrestled in my HS and I didn't wrestle because I wanted to be famous. I wanted to wrestle to vent my stress and see how far I could push my body. I really admire her position on this because you don't find many girls out there who don't flaunt their looks first and then what's left of their brain.

This whole fiasco probably ruined her life somewhat. She can't find comfort in public places anymore. Any man she sees, she'll wonder if he's one of those idiots in those forums talking about her.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 579
UpATreeSC 120
ProTech82
JuggernautJason33
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33054
Calm 3433
Shuttle 1115
actioN 223
firebathero 173
Dewaltoss 107
Hyuk 107
Barracks 106
Liquid`Ret 71
Hyun 31
[ Show more ]
Free 25
Bale 24
HiyA 24
Aegong 21
NaDa 21
soO 19
PianO 17
Shine 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8753
Dendi1164
XaKoH 387
Fuzer 107
League of Legends
KnowMe82
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1296
fl0m1163
x6flipin448
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu34
Other Games
singsing2034
FrodaN1464
Beastyqt709
ceh9417
B2W.Neo400
mouzStarbuck310
byalli194
Livibee187
C9.Mang0163
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr73
Mew2King57
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV422
Other Games
• Shiphtur847
• imaqtpie621
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 20m
Replay Cast
5h 5m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.