• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:05
CEST 12:05
KST 19:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9063 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 477

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 475 476 477 478 479 6005 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-15 16:43:39
July 15 2018 16:42 GMT
#9521
On July 16 2018 01:27 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2018 00:08 Ciaus_Dronu wrote:
Just to make it extra clear that he wants to weaken / destroy any alliances with non-dictator-led countries, Trump called the EU an enemy of the US. In fact, when asked what the US's biggest foe currently was, it was the first answer that sprung to mind! What fun!

CBS - "I think the European Union is a foe," Trump says ahead of Putin meeting in Helsinki


In an interview with "CBS Evening News" anchor Jeff Glor in Scotland on Saturday, President Trump named the European Union -- comprising some of America's oldest allies -- when asked to identify his "biggest foe globally right now."


To be fair, he does qualify it somewhat but illustrating that he doesn't actually understand the word foe quite as most people do, but using some idiocy to excuse a lot of assholery is growing old real fast.

Lol, "to be fair." How about instead of giving a half-assed qualification when quoting him out of context, you post the entirety of what he said?

Show nested quote +
"Well, I think we have a lot of foes. I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now, you wouldn't think of the European Union, but they're a foe. Russia is foe in certain respects. China is a foe economically, certainly they are a foe. But that doesn't mean they are bad. It doesn't mean anything. It means that they are competitive," Mr. Trump said at his golf club in Turnberry, Scotland.

"I respect the leaders of those countries. But, in a trade sense, they've really taken advantage of us and many of those countries are in NATO and they weren't paying their bills," he added.


The statement looks quite different now in context, doesn't it? #fakenews


I mean, the non-bolded part honestly is all you need. The bolding veers off into insanity with the idea that countries in the EU outside NATO are somehow de facto our foes or that people in NATO who spend less than 2% of their GDP on the military are somehow our foes economically.

That said, I'll forgive Trump because he has on multiple occasions demonstrated he thinks the 2% is actually some sort of money given to NATO or something (I believe at one point the idea of presenting them a bill came up), so it's quite a bit rooted in stupidity.
JonnyBNoHo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States6277 Posts
July 15 2018 16:48 GMT
#9522
On July 16 2018 01:27 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2018 00:08 Ciaus_Dronu wrote:
Just to make it extra clear that he wants to weaken / destroy any alliances with non-dictator-led countries, Trump called the EU an enemy of the US. In fact, when asked what the US's biggest foe currently was, it was the first answer that sprung to mind! What fun!

CBS - "I think the European Union is a foe," Trump says ahead of Putin meeting in Helsinki


In an interview with "CBS Evening News" anchor Jeff Glor in Scotland on Saturday, President Trump named the European Union -- comprising some of America's oldest allies -- when asked to identify his "biggest foe globally right now."


To be fair, he does qualify it somewhat but illustrating that he doesn't actually understand the word foe quite as most people do, but using some idiocy to excuse a lot of assholery is growing old real fast.

Lol, "to be fair." How about instead of giving a half-assed qualification when quoting him out of context, you post the entirety of what he said?

Show nested quote +
"Well, I think we have a lot of foes. I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now, you wouldn't think of the European Union, but they're a foe. Russia is foe in certain respects. China is a foe economically, certainly they are a foe. But that doesn't mean they are bad. It doesn't mean anything. It means that they are competitive," Mr. Trump said at his golf club in Turnberry, Scotland.

"I respect the leaders of those countries. But, in a trade sense, they've really taken advantage of us and many of those countries are in NATO and they weren't paying their bills," he added.


The statement looks quite different now in context, doesn't it? #fakenews

Not really. Adding in fake trade / NATO talk doesn't make it better.
#xDauntisfakenews
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-15 18:21:33
July 15 2018 17:58 GMT
#9523
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 16 2018 01:27 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2018 00:08 Ciaus_Dronu wrote:
Just to make it extra clear that he wants to weaken / destroy any alliances with non-dictator-led countries, Trump called the EU an enemy of the US. In fact, when asked what the US's biggest foe currently was, it was the first answer that sprung to mind! What fun!

CBS - "I think the European Union is a foe," Trump says ahead of Putin meeting in Helsinki


In an interview with "CBS Evening News" anchor Jeff Glor in Scotland on Saturday, President Trump named the European Union -- comprising some of America's oldest allies -- when asked to identify his "biggest foe globally right now."


To be fair, he does qualify it somewhat but illustrating that he doesn't actually understand the word foe quite as most people do, but using some idiocy to excuse a lot of assholery is growing old real fast.

Lol, "to be fair." How about instead of giving a half-assed qualification when quoting him out of context, you post the entirety of what he said?

Show nested quote +
"Well, I think we have a lot of foes. I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now, you wouldn't think of the European Union, but they're a foe. Russia is foe in certain respects. China is a foe economically, certainly they are a foe. But that doesn't mean they are bad. It doesn't mean anything. It means that they are competitive," Mr. Trump said at his golf club in Turnberry, Scotland.

"I respect the leaders of those countries. But, in a trade sense, they've really taken advantage of us and many of those countries are in NATO and they weren't paying their bills," he added.


The statement looks quite different now in context, doesn't it? #fakenews



CBS - "I think the European Union is a foe," Trump says ahead of Putin meeting in Helsinki

The actual transcript and the question before for context. With no bullshit xdaunt editing out of context. There's another question and answer beforehand as well if anyone is interested.

JEFF GLOR: The Russians who were indicted, would you ask Putin to- to send them here?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well I might. I hadn't thought of that. But I certainly, I'll be asking about it. But again, this was during the Obama administration. They were doing whatever it was during the Obama administration. And I heard that they were trying, or people were trying, to hack into the RNC too. The Republican National Committee. But we had much better defenses. I've been told that by a number of people. We had much better defenses, so they couldn't. I think the DNC should be ashamed of themselves for allowing themselves to be hacked. They had bad defenses and they were able to be hacked. But I heard they were trying to hack the Republicans too. But, and this may be wrong, but they had much stronger defenses.

JEFF GLOR: Who is your biggest competitor? Your biggest foe globally right now?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well I think we have a lot of foes. I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now you wouldn't think of the European Union but they're a foe. Russia is foe in certain respects. China is a foe economically, certainly they are a foe. But that doesn't mean they are bad. It doesn't mean anything. It means that they are competitive. They want to do well and we want to do well. And we're starting to do well. You see what's going on we have best unemployment numbers probably that we've ever had. Black unemployment is the lowest level in history. Hispanic unemployment the lowest level in history, Jeff. Women unemployment lowest in 66 years. Our numbers are great. Our GDP numbers are far greater than what they thought.

JEFF GLOR: A lot of people might be surprised to hear you list the EU as a foe before China and Russia?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: No I look at them all look, EU is very difficult. I-I want to tell you. Maybe the thing that is most difficult -- don't forget both my parents were born in EU sectors okay? I mean my mother was Scotland, my father was Germany. And -- you know I love those countries. I respect the leaders of those countries. But -- in a trade sense, they've really taken advantage of us and many of those countries are in NATO and they weren't paying their bills and, you know, as an example a big problem with Germany. Because Germany made a pipeline deal with Russia. Where they're going to be paying Russia billions and billions of dollars a year for energy and I say that's not good, that's not fair. You're supposed to be fighting for someone and then that someone gives billions of dollars to the one you're, you know, guarding against, I think it's ridiculous so I let that be known also this time. I'll tell you what, there's a lot of anger at the fact that Germany is paying Russia billions of dollars. There's a lot of anger. I also think it's a very bad thing for Germany. Because it's like -- what are they waving a white flag?

MARGARET BRENNAN: More of Jeff's interview with President Trump in Scotland will air tomorrow on "CBS This Morning" and later on the "CBS Evening News," as well as our digital network, CBSN.


xdaunt claims to put comment in context, by editing out the actual context.

#xDauntisfakenews
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
July 15 2018 18:11 GMT
#9524
You do realize that the stuff that you added provides the exact same context as what I quoted, right?

And for the record, I didn’t take anything out of context. I simply quoted the article, because the article had everything that was necessary.
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-15 18:26:21
July 15 2018 18:20 GMT
#9525
You wrote
How about instead of giving a half-assed qualification when quoting him out of context, you post the entirety of what he said?"
and you went ahead and didn't post the entirety of the available transcript, instead selectively cutting out parts.

...and then the sheer hypocrisy to add #fakenews at the end of the post.

Just so you know, the statement doesn't look any different in context, it just make it worse. At first I thought he was taken out of context, because who would be so crazy to actually think that, and now that it is is full context, it's still terrible.

Also classic xdoublespeak. "I didn't take anything out of context"; it's only "post the entirety of what he said", whilst somehow" stuff that you added" happens to be in between what xdoublespeak wrote?
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-15 18:32:06
July 15 2018 18:25 GMT
#9526
On July 16 2018 01:34 m4ini wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2018 01:27 xDaunt wrote:
On July 16 2018 00:08 Ciaus_Dronu wrote:
Just to make it extra clear that he wants to weaken / destroy any alliances with non-dictator-led countries, Trump called the EU an enemy of the US. In fact, when asked what the US's biggest foe currently was, it was the first answer that sprung to mind! What fun!

CBS - "I think the European Union is a foe," Trump says ahead of Putin meeting in Helsinki


In an interview with "CBS Evening News" anchor Jeff Glor in Scotland on Saturday, President Trump named the European Union -- comprising some of America's oldest allies -- when asked to identify his "biggest foe globally right now."


To be fair, he does qualify it somewhat but illustrating that he doesn't actually understand the word foe quite as most people do, but using some idiocy to excuse a lot of assholery is growing old real fast.

Lol, "to be fair." How about instead of giving a half-assed qualification when quoting him out of context, you post the entirety of what he said?

"Well, I think we have a lot of foes. I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now, you wouldn't think of the European Union, but they're a foe. Russia is foe in certain respects. China is a foe economically, certainly they are a foe. But that doesn't mean they are bad. It doesn't mean anything. It means that they are competitive," Mr. Trump said at his golf club in Turnberry, Scotland.

"I respect the leaders of those countries. But, in a trade sense, they've really taken advantage of us and many of those countries are in NATO and they weren't paying their bills," he added.


The statement looks quite different now in context, doesn't it? #fakenews


Yeah. It doesn't look insane anymore, just stupid.



xDaunt, I think this quote above answers your question better.

https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/europe-middle-east/europe/european-union
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

The reason why it's stupid is because A) the EU is our second largest trading partner, with China being #1 and B) We have a larger deficit with China by 3x... The reasoning for him calling out EU here as a foe is ridiculous when we ended up having a surplus of $54.8Billion with EU, and $38Billion with China by the end of 2016...

What's the reasoning? How are we "getting screwed" here?

I don't know if I actually need an answer because in the end of the day, calling out the EU as a "foe" wasn't necessary...
Life?
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
July 15 2018 18:28 GMT
#9527
On July 16 2018 03:20 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
You wrote
Show nested quote +
How about instead of giving a half-assed qualification when quoting him out of context, you post the entirety of what he said?"
and you went ahead and didn't post the entirety of the available transcript, instead selectively cutting out parts.

...and then the sheer hypocrisy to add #fakenews at the end of the post.

Just so you know, the statement doesn't look any different in context, it just make it worse. At first I thought he was taken out of context, because who would be so crazy to actually think that, and now that it is is full context, it is even worse.

So let me get this straight. Ciaus_Dronu posts that Trump says that the EU is a foe without providing any context for what Trump said. I add the part of the article where it's clear that Trump is talking about EU being a foe in terms of being an economic competitor and how he dislikes the fact that the EU is skimping on its defense budget in light of some of the trade advantages that it has with the US. You then add more of the transcript that makes it even more clear that Trump is talking about the EU has being a foe in economic/trade terms, and yet you still accuse me of taking stuff out of context. Oh, and then you flame for it as well.

I'm sure at some point it is going to dawn on you how foolish your post was.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
July 15 2018 18:32 GMT
#9528
yet another sign that Trump has dementia.
from that article, a direct statement by trump:
"Maybe the thing that is most difficult -- don't forget both my parents were born in EU sectors okay? I mean my mother was Scotland, my father was Germany. "

Trump's father was not born in germany; he was born in New York.
it's his grandfather that was from Germany.

I don't know many healthy people who get their parents' birth country wrong; not even by accident
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
xDaunt
Profile Joined March 2010
United States17988 Posts
July 15 2018 18:33 GMT
#9529
On July 16 2018 03:25 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2018 01:34 m4ini wrote:
On July 16 2018 01:27 xDaunt wrote:
On July 16 2018 00:08 Ciaus_Dronu wrote:
Just to make it extra clear that he wants to weaken / destroy any alliances with non-dictator-led countries, Trump called the EU an enemy of the US. In fact, when asked what the US's biggest foe currently was, it was the first answer that sprung to mind! What fun!

CBS - "I think the European Union is a foe," Trump says ahead of Putin meeting in Helsinki


In an interview with "CBS Evening News" anchor Jeff Glor in Scotland on Saturday, President Trump named the European Union -- comprising some of America's oldest allies -- when asked to identify his "biggest foe globally right now."


To be fair, he does qualify it somewhat but illustrating that he doesn't actually understand the word foe quite as most people do, but using some idiocy to excuse a lot of assholery is growing old real fast.

Lol, "to be fair." How about instead of giving a half-assed qualification when quoting him out of context, you post the entirety of what he said?

"Well, I think we have a lot of foes. I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now, you wouldn't think of the European Union, but they're a foe. Russia is foe in certain respects. China is a foe economically, certainly they are a foe. But that doesn't mean they are bad. It doesn't mean anything. It means that they are competitive," Mr. Trump said at his golf club in Turnberry, Scotland.

"I respect the leaders of those countries. But, in a trade sense, they've really taken advantage of us and many of those countries are in NATO and they weren't paying their bills," he added.


The statement looks quite different now in context, doesn't it? #fakenews


Yeah. It doesn't look insane anymore, just stupid.



xDaunt, I think this quote above answers your question better.

https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/europe-middle-east/europe/european-union
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

The reason why it's stupid is because A) the EU is our second largest trading partner, with China being #1 and B) We have a larger deficit with China by 3x... The reasoning for him calling out EU here as a foe is ridiculous when we ended up having a surplus of $54.8Billion with EU, and $38Billion with China by the end of 2016...

What's the reasoning? How are we "getting screwed" here?

I don't know if I actually need an answer because in the end of the day, calling out the EU as a "foe" wasn't necessary...

The EU isn't as high on my list for renegotiating trade deals as China. If I was Trump, I'd focus on China first. But he thinks that he can get a better deal with the EU at the same time, so let's see what happens.
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-15 18:39:06
July 15 2018 18:34 GMT
#9530
Maybe his farther was an actual Nazi German that says he was born in "NY" with a fake birth certificate. At this point, I can believe it with his attack on Obama about his birth certificate since these "new age conservatives" tend to believe in anything too...

+ Show Spoiler +
I'm not being serious about the above, but that's what it literally feels like when I read something these "right wing" posters on FB post something.
Life?
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-15 18:52:53
July 15 2018 18:48 GMT
#9531
On July 16 2018 03:32 zlefin wrote:
yet another sign that Trump has dementia.
from that article, a direct statement by trump:
"Maybe the thing that is most difficult -- don't forget both my parents were born in EU sectors okay? I mean my mother was Scotland, my father was Germany. "

Trump's father was not born in germany; he was born in New York.
it's his grandfather that was from Germany.

I don't know many healthy people who get their parents' birth country wrong; not even by accident


It's bonus bad because you can't really maintain he was talking about grandparents because he's right about where his mother was born and it's a clear "both" statement-none of his grandparent pairs fit that description either.

But I'm sure it's just 4D chess or something rather than losing track of things no functional person should. Maybe a sign that he believes it takes two generations to change where people are "born."
JonnyBNoHo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States6277 Posts
July 15 2018 18:56 GMT
#9532
On July 16 2018 03:33 xDaunt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2018 03:25 ShoCkeyy wrote:
On July 16 2018 01:34 m4ini wrote:
On July 16 2018 01:27 xDaunt wrote:
On July 16 2018 00:08 Ciaus_Dronu wrote:
Just to make it extra clear that he wants to weaken / destroy any alliances with non-dictator-led countries, Trump called the EU an enemy of the US. In fact, when asked what the US's biggest foe currently was, it was the first answer that sprung to mind! What fun!

CBS - "I think the European Union is a foe," Trump says ahead of Putin meeting in Helsinki


In an interview with "CBS Evening News" anchor Jeff Glor in Scotland on Saturday, President Trump named the European Union -- comprising some of America's oldest allies -- when asked to identify his "biggest foe globally right now."


To be fair, he does qualify it somewhat but illustrating that he doesn't actually understand the word foe quite as most people do, but using some idiocy to excuse a lot of assholery is growing old real fast.

Lol, "to be fair." How about instead of giving a half-assed qualification when quoting him out of context, you post the entirety of what he said?

"Well, I think we have a lot of foes. I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now, you wouldn't think of the European Union, but they're a foe. Russia is foe in certain respects. China is a foe economically, certainly they are a foe. But that doesn't mean they are bad. It doesn't mean anything. It means that they are competitive," Mr. Trump said at his golf club in Turnberry, Scotland.

"I respect the leaders of those countries. But, in a trade sense, they've really taken advantage of us and many of those countries are in NATO and they weren't paying their bills," he added.


The statement looks quite different now in context, doesn't it? #fakenews


Yeah. It doesn't look insane anymore, just stupid.



xDaunt, I think this quote above answers your question better.

https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/europe-middle-east/europe/european-union
https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

The reason why it's stupid is because A) the EU is our second largest trading partner, with China being #1 and B) We have a larger deficit with China by 3x... The reasoning for him calling out EU here as a foe is ridiculous when we ended up having a surplus of $54.8Billion with EU, and $38Billion with China by the end of 2016...

What's the reasoning? How are we "getting screwed" here?

I don't know if I actually need an answer because in the end of the day, calling out the EU as a "foe" wasn't necessary...

The EU isn't as high on my list for renegotiating trade deals as China. If I was Trump, I'd focus on China first. But he thinks that he can get a better deal with the EU at the same time, so let's see what happens.

No, he doesn't. He thinks he can get a different deal with the EU that he can then sell as 'better' to all the suckers who support him.

Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
July 15 2018 18:57 GMT
#9533
I should stop reading the news during the breaks in my roadtrip. It's not healthy, but godfuckingdamn everything at this fucking point.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
July 15 2018 19:01 GMT
#9534
Like how Trump is saying the EU is our enemy right before meeting with Putin? Always a good sign for our allies.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
July 15 2018 19:16 GMT
#9535
On July 16 2018 04:01 Plansix wrote:
Like how Trump is saying the EU is our enemy right before meeting with Putin? Always a good sign for our allies.

The entire clusterfuck that is his trip to the UK? Like ignoring basic etiquette with the Queen or telling May to "sue" the EU, for starters?

I just can't. I literally can't think of another president in the post WWII era that's botched even basic fucking diplomacy like a fucking PR/goodwill visit this badly. A goddamn cardboard cutout would actually be fucking better, Jesus Christ.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
July 15 2018 19:34 GMT
#9536
On July 16 2018 04:16 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2018 04:01 Plansix wrote:
Like how Trump is saying the EU is our enemy right before meeting with Putin? Always a good sign for our allies.

The entire clusterfuck that is his trip to the UK? Like ignoring basic etiquette with the Queen or telling May to "sue" the EU, for starters?

I just can't. I literally can't think of another president in the post WWII era that's botched even basic fucking diplomacy like a fucking PR/goodwill visit this badly. A goddamn cardboard cutout would actually be fucking better, Jesus Christ.

And Rand Paul saying the Russians stealing voter data and messing with out elections isn’t a big deal. Freaks out the US government doing anything for years, but now Rand Paul isn’t concerned with protecting US citizens.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Nouar
Profile Joined May 2009
France3270 Posts
July 15 2018 19:38 GMT
#9537
On July 16 2018 04:16 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2018 04:01 Plansix wrote:
Like how Trump is saying the EU is our enemy right before meeting with Putin? Always a good sign for our allies.

The entire clusterfuck that is his trip to the UK? Like ignoring basic etiquette with the Queen or telling May to "sue" the EU, for starters?

I just can't. I literally can't think of another president in the post WWII era that's botched even basic fucking diplomacy like a fucking PR/goodwill visit this badly. A goddamn cardboard cutout would actually be fucking better, Jesus Christ.


The most baffling to me is how around 45% of the US population is still behind him after all this bullshit he keeps doing.
NoiR
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-15 19:42:58
July 15 2018 19:41 GMT
#9538
On July 16 2018 04:16 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2018 04:01 Plansix wrote:
Like how Trump is saying the EU is our enemy right before meeting with Putin? Always a good sign for our allies.

The entire clusterfuck that is his trip to the UK? Like ignoring basic etiquette with the Queen or telling May to "sue" the EU, for starters?

I just can't. I literally can't think of another president in the post WWII era that's botched even basic fucking diplomacy like a fucking PR/goodwill visit this badly. A goddamn cardboard cutout would actually be fucking better, Jesus Christ.

you can't think of one because there hasn't been a president this bad at basic diplomacy in the post WWII era; probably not prior to that either unless we go back a really long way; and maybe not ever.

nouar -> there's explanations for why they still support if you want to hear them (i.e. the psych/sociological processes that lead to people still supporting him)
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
sc-darkness
Profile Joined August 2017
856 Posts
July 15 2018 19:45 GMT
#9539
On July 16 2018 04:16 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2018 04:01 Plansix wrote:
Like how Trump is saying the EU is our enemy right before meeting with Putin? Always a good sign for our allies.

The entire clusterfuck that is his trip to the UK? Like ignoring basic etiquette with the Queen or telling May to "sue" the EU, for starters?

I just can't. I literally can't think of another president in the post WWII era that's botched even basic fucking diplomacy like a fucking PR/goodwill visit this badly. A goddamn cardboard cutout would actually be fucking better, Jesus Christ.


Tell democrats to have a more electable candidate next time. The only reason I'd vote for Hillary is that she's not Trump. That's really low level democracy though.
zlefin
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States7689 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-15 19:50:31
July 15 2018 19:49 GMT
#9540
On July 16 2018 04:45 sc-darkness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2018 04:16 Lord Tolkien wrote:
On July 16 2018 04:01 Plansix wrote:
Like how Trump is saying the EU is our enemy right before meeting with Putin? Always a good sign for our allies.

The entire clusterfuck that is his trip to the UK? Like ignoring basic etiquette with the Queen or telling May to "sue" the EU, for starters?

I just can't. I literally can't think of another president in the post WWII era that's botched even basic fucking diplomacy like a fucking PR/goodwill visit this badly. A goddamn cardboard cutout would actually be fucking better, Jesus Christ.


Tell democrats to have a more electable candidate next time. The only reason I'd vote for Hillary is that she's not Trump. That's really low level democracy though.

it's still more than enough reason; given how vast the difference was. it does not in any way justify the choice of trump. and ofc it remains the case that most of the hate against hillary is unjustified. I assume, as wtih most people, you don't have an actual legitimate basis for your dislike of her.
Great read: http://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-2016-general-election/ great book on democracy: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10671.html zlefin is grumpier due to long term illness. Ignoring some users.
Prev 1 475 476 477 478 479 6005 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM362
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 362
Lowko131
MindelVK 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 2451
Stork 2371
Horang2 420
Zeus 359
Soulkey 353
Mini 351
Larva 280
Jaedong 251
Soma 177
Sexy 142
[ Show more ]
Mind 76
ZerO 66
sorry 47
Hyun 44
soO 33
Shinee 31
scan(afreeca) 25
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Pusan 19
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe286
canceldota54
League of Legends
JimRising 496
Other Games
gofns29738
singsing1957
Coldzera 695
Happy291
byalli180
Pyrionflax170
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2258
• WagamamaTV201
League of Legends
• Jankos3010
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 55m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 55m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.