• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:09
CEST 02:09
KST 09:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7351 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 4276

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 6000 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-07-16 21:49:44
July 16 2024 21:39 GMT
#85501
it’s not an excuse, it’s a strong reason not to vote for a person. you should rightly never vote for Kwark as a result of it.

one might draw the obvious conclusion, others may choose not to. its worse when trump does it is a statement of fact stemming from his position and ambitions.

1/15
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
July 16 2024 21:55 GMT
#85502
Don’t worry i wasn’t planning on voting for Kwark for President. On the other hand, you should stop trying to come up with cutesy ways to defend someone calling for political violence.
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-07-16 22:02:08
July 16 2024 22:00 GMT
#85503
i’m not, i’m beating around the bush at calling you out for your indignation while you’re planning to vote for someone who has. like no need to pretend it’s past the pale. save some pearls for the rest of us to clutch.
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
July 16 2024 22:07 GMT
#85504
On July 17 2024 07:00 brian wrote:
i’m not, i’m beating around the bush at calling you out for your indignation while you’re planning to vote for someone who has. like no need to pretend it’s past the pale. save some pearls for the rest of us to clutch.


Whoops, bad assumption. I’ve never voted for a Republican for President in my life and don’t plan to start now.
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
July 16 2024 22:08 GMT
#85505
oh, I appreciate you sharing, and my mistake, and sorry.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
July 16 2024 22:13 GMT
#85506
Kwark isn't eligible to be president by the way.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
July 16 2024 22:23 GMT
#85507
On July 17 2024 07:08 brian wrote:
oh, I appreciate you sharing, and my mistake, and sorry.


No worries. I'm merely trying to point out the double standard here. People on the left are quick to point out that a straight line can be drawn to violence from right-wing rhetoric. Say wrongthink about COVID and you're responsible for hate crimes on Asian people. Deny that a man can get pregnant and you're encouraging violence against trans people etc. It's their favorite argument. As soon as the shoe is on the other foot and someone blatantly longs for a 2nd amendment solution to this pesky Trump and judge problem it's "oh he's not promoting any violence." We need a little consistency here.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
July 16 2024 22:24 GMT
#85508
I’m still smiling over the take that the main difference between Trump and I, the one that makes it unforgivable for Trump to do things that are simply bad when I do them, is that I’m a moderator on teamliquid. That’s the key here. If Trump was also a tl mod it’d be fine. If I wasn’t a tl mod but was in all other ways the same then it’d be unforgivable. But fortunately I am a tl mod and that’s why I get a pass while people crucify Trump for it.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
July 16 2024 22:27 GMT
#85509
I think in the next season of "America" the writers are gonna pull a role reversal where Dems are lobbying against Trump's tightening gun restrictions, because Dems recognize they might need those guns to overthrow the government.
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18455 Posts
July 16 2024 22:31 GMT
#85510
We'll, it is true that we generally hold TL posters to a higher standard than US presidents. For instance, the State of the Union could include a whole paragraph about how OP banelings are, and that Zerg needs nerfing and people might think the president had gone off the deep end, but he wouldn't get censored for it. Things have gotten a bit lax in here over the years, but a good balance wine is still a proper way to get banned from TL!
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
July 16 2024 22:36 GMT
#85511
On July 17 2024 07:24 KwarK wrote:
I’m still smiling over the take that the main difference between Trump and I, the one that makes it unforgivable for Trump to do things that are simply bad when I do them, is that I’m a moderator on teamliquid. That’s the key here. If Trump was also a tl mod it’d be fine. If I wasn’t a tl mod but was in all other ways the same then it’d be unforgivable. But fortunately I am a tl mod and that’s why I get a pass while people crucify Trump for it.


I don't even know what point you're trying to make about being a TL mod. The reason you've given a pass is not because you're a TL mod. It's because you're posting in an echo chamber where shouting down the few conservatives is more important than condemning violence.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-07-16 22:54:55
July 16 2024 22:41 GMT
#85512
On July 17 2024 07:36 BlackJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2024 07:24 KwarK wrote:
I’m still smiling over the take that the main difference between Trump and I, the one that makes it unforgivable for Trump to do things that are simply bad when I do them, is that I’m a moderator on teamliquid. That’s the key here. If Trump was also a tl mod it’d be fine. If I wasn’t a tl mod but was in all other ways the same then it’d be unforgivable. But fortunately I am a tl mod and that’s why I get a pass while people crucify Trump for it.


I don't even know what point you're trying to make about being a TL mod. The reason you've given a pass is not because you're a TL mod. It's because you're posting in an echo chamber where shouting down the few conservatives is more important than condemning violence.

Got it. I get a pass because I’m a tl poster. If I wasn’t a tl poster I wouldn’t get a pass for the things I post on tl.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
July 16 2024 22:50 GMT
#85513
On July 17 2024 07:41 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2024 07:36 BlackJack wrote:
On July 17 2024 07:24 KwarK wrote:
I’m still smiling over the take that the main difference between Trump and I, the one that makes it unforgivable for Trump to do things that are simply bad when I do them, is that I’m a moderator on teamliquid. That’s the key here. If Trump was also a tl mod it’d be fine. If I wasn’t a tl mod but was in all other ways the same then it’d be unforgivable. But fortunately I am a tl mod and that’s why I get a pass while people crucify Trump for it.


I don't even know what point you're trying to make about being a TL mod. The reason you've given a pass is not because you're a TL mod. It's because you're posting in an echo chamber where shouting down the few conservatives is more important than condemning violence.

Got it. I get a pass because I’m a tl poster. If I wasn’t a tl poster I wouldn’t get a pass for the things I post on tl.


Close. You're getting there. You get a pass because you're a left-leaning TL poster where the vast majority of other posters are left leaning. Introvert thought RBG should have recused herself from a Trump case after saying some unsavory things about Trump. He wouldn't get a pass if he offered a 2nd amendment solution after she didn't. Hence the double standard.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
July 16 2024 22:55 GMT
#85514
On July 17 2024 07:50 BlackJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2024 07:41 KwarK wrote:
On July 17 2024 07:36 BlackJack wrote:
On July 17 2024 07:24 KwarK wrote:
I’m still smiling over the take that the main difference between Trump and I, the one that makes it unforgivable for Trump to do things that are simply bad when I do them, is that I’m a moderator on teamliquid. That’s the key here. If Trump was also a tl mod it’d be fine. If I wasn’t a tl mod but was in all other ways the same then it’d be unforgivable. But fortunately I am a tl mod and that’s why I get a pass while people crucify Trump for it.


I don't even know what point you're trying to make about being a TL mod. The reason you've given a pass is not because you're a TL mod. It's because you're posting in an echo chamber where shouting down the few conservatives is more important than condemning violence.

Got it. I get a pass because I’m a tl poster. If I wasn’t a tl poster I wouldn’t get a pass for the things I post on tl.


Close. You're getting there. You get a pass because you're a left-leaning TL poster where the vast majority of other posters are left leaning. Introvert thought RBG should have recused herself from a Trump case after saying some unsavory things about Trump. He wouldn't get a pass if he offered a 2nd amendment solution after she didn't. Hence the double standard.

I disagree. I think the difference in power and platform between Trump and i is probably the key.

Suppose that Trump made a tl account and used a tl blog ad his main form of communication with his millions of rabid cultists. And suppose that he started blogging hard left positions like eating the rich and killing cops. It still wouldn’t be okay because when Trump is reckless with his power people storm the capitol whereas when I’m reckless with my power nothing happens. The amount of power is the difference.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
July 16 2024 22:59 GMT
#85515
I mean if you want to retreat behind "I'm just a lowly forum user of no importance so I shouldn't be held responsible for the shitty things I say" then I'm happy to leave it at that.
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 16 2024 23:01 GMT
#85516
On July 17 2024 06:10 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Polling over the last 3 days (since Trump's assassination attempt) hasn't seemed to show a sizable sympathy swing of support in favor of Trump. This is the second time Biden has recently lucked out in the polling, where he's stayed basically tied (within the margin of error), or very slightly behind Trump, regardless of his debate performance and regardless of Trump's assassination attempt.

Polls: https://www.realclearpolling.com/latest-polls/president/general-election
More Polls: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/

This is probably a relief to the Biden campaign, since things could be worse, but they need to find ways to gain ground, not just not lose more ground.

Doesn't surprise me at all. He would have gotten a bump if he was a Romney or McCain Republican that this country is more torn on, but Trump is so massively polarizing that people have already made up their mind either way.
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28906 Posts
July 16 2024 23:04 GMT
#85517
Tbh I think if there was an account here which was just posting the same thing Trump tweets (without referencing the tweets, just that being the style and content of this imaginary person's posting) then I imagine that person would at some point get actioned. And tbh it's possible that a leftist equivalent if such a thing exists would manage to pass the radar. I have no problems admitting that there's an existing left-of-center bias on these forums and that this influences what is 'passable' and not, if not from a strict 'moderation' point of view (where I don't think this bias really exists) then definitely from a 'what posters end up getting attacked relentlessly by other posters'-perspective.
Moderator
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
Last Edited: 2024-07-16 23:20:31
July 16 2024 23:17 GMT
#85518
On July 17 2024 07:59 BlackJack wrote:
I mean if you want to retreat behind "I'm just a lowly forum user of no importance so I shouldn't be held responsible for the shitty things I say" then I'm happy to leave it at that.

It’s not a retreat, it’s a statement of objective fact. It would be extremely reckless for Trump to say some of the things that I’ve said. It is not reckless for me to say them. Feel free to hold me responsible for the damage my words do, I’m not afraid because they’re not going to do any damage. It’s not that I’m not being held accountable for the harm my words do, it’s that there is no harm. I accept equal blame for the deaths of people in mobs I incite as Trump, but unlike Trump nobody has ever died in one of my mobs.

I don’t know why you’re picking this hill to die on. It is objectively true that I have less power than Trump. If I show up to work angry and confrontational then nothing bad happens, if Trump does the same then bad things happen. It’s not an excuse, it’s a fact, even if you don’t like it. Facts famously don’t care about your feelings.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
July 16 2024 23:24 GMT
#85519
On an unrelated note I’m interested in seeing the results of the report into the SS failures that let the shooter take a shot. Apparently crowd members had reported seeing him there to law enforcement and looking at photos he’s extremely conspicuous there. Black clothes on a light roof. Someone really ought to lose their job over the shooter getting an opportunity to tease us like that.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
ZerOCoolSC2
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
9069 Posts
July 16 2024 23:33 GMT
#85520
The macabre is hilarious and wrong at the same time. I'm not laughing...hard.
Prev 1 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 6000 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 229
SpeCial 121
ViBE99
Nathanias 76
ProTech16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11969
Rain 1364
GuemChi 881
Artosis 647
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever357
Counter-Strike
minikerr2
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox788
Mew2King106
Other Games
summit1g6413
Liquid`RaSZi2148
shahzam644
WinterStarcraft412
JimRising 392
C9.Mang0331
Trikslyr56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• davetesta10
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Heroes of the Storm
• SuperDab0
Other Games
• Shiphtur245
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 51m
INu's Battles
10h 51m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
12h 51m
OSC
22h 6m
Replay Cast
22h 51m
OSC
1d 22h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.