• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:19
CEST 19:19
KST 02:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8547 users

US Politics Mega-thread - Page 2053

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 5999 Next
Now that we have a new thread, in order to ensure that this thread continues to meet TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we will be enforcing the rules in the OP more strictly. Be sure to give them a complete and thorough read before posting!

NOTE: When providing a source, please provide a very brief summary on what it's about and what purpose it adds to the discussion. The supporting statement should clearly explain why the subject is relevant and needs to be discussed. Please follow this rule especially for tweets.

Your supporting statement should always come BEFORE you provide the source.


If you have any questions, comments, concern, or feedback regarding the USPMT, then please use this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/website-feedback/510156-us-politics-thread
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10962 Posts
January 24 2020 12:14 GMT
#41041
It's entirely possible that this is done by some people with an agency, I can't be bothered to look into it, but it for sure looks bad to the outside which is all that matters. A stronger response from Bernies camp would imho help.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
January 24 2020 12:50 GMT
#41042
On January 24 2020 21:01 Nebuchad wrote:
Sounds like it's part of the attack on Bernie, my guess is this one has more to do with libs trying to stick accusations of sexism on him or his vicinity.

Although the phenomenon that you describe, which Contrapoints is currently in the middle of, also exists, and I don't want to minimize that

How’s she end up in such a controversy? Sometimes I feel I miss out by not being on Twitter in terms of being informed, although my sanity is greatly bolstered.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
FueledUpAndReadyToGo
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
Netherlands30548 Posts
January 24 2020 12:51 GMT
#41043
I don't get the controversy? When the proud boys say they like Trump because they can finally hold torch marches again and feel respected, that's a whole different thing than Rogan saying he likes Bernie as a human because he's been consistently pleading for the same issues all his life.

I mean if Bernie is going to become main candidate he will get support from a lot of people you might not like given your 2 options political structure. But if they support him because they think universal healthcare and reduced education costs are good things and they recognize he's consistently plead for those for decades, then what does it matter what personal beliefs they hold on other matters? Those beliefs are not part of Bernie's platform?

Neosteel Enthusiast
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-24 12:55:02
January 24 2020 12:54 GMT
#41044
I despise Joe Rogan and think he actively harms the various dialogues he partakes in, but I have no problem whatsoever with Bernie accepting his endorsement.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-24 13:10:05
January 24 2020 13:09 GMT
#41045
On January 24 2020 21:50 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2020 21:01 Nebuchad wrote:
Sounds like it's part of the attack on Bernie, my guess is this one has more to do with libs trying to stick accusations of sexism on him or his vicinity.

Although the phenomenon that you describe, which Contrapoints is currently in the middle of, also exists, and I don't want to minimize that

How’s she end up in such a controversy? Sometimes I feel I miss out by not being on Twitter in terms of being informed, although my sanity is greatly bolstered.


A group of nb people have issues with some of what she said. Sometimes there is valid criticism and sometimes it's nonsense imo. Either way it got amplified to a ridiculous point. Her last video was about that drama and did a good job of covering it, quite fairly I think. If you have two hours to spare on something that probably doesn't deserve two hours.
No will to live, no wish to die
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
January 24 2020 14:49 GMT
#41046
On January 24 2020 21:54 farvacola wrote:
I despise Joe Rogan and think he actively harms the various dialogues he partakes in, but I have no problem whatsoever with Bernie accepting his endorsement.

anything specific with Rogan that you disagree with? I stop in on his podcast and I like him well enough, curious as to your take?
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
January 24 2020 15:01 GMT
#41047
Let’s just say that I have a really big problem with his approach towards the use of substances, particularly psychedelics
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
January 24 2020 15:26 GMT
#41048
On January 25 2020 00:01 farvacola wrote:
Let’s just say that I have a really big problem with his approach towards the use of substances, particularly psychedelics

ah, understood
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27463 Posts
January 24 2020 15:30 GMT
#41049
On January 24 2020 23:49 Aveng3r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2020 21:54 farvacola wrote:
I despise Joe Rogan and think he actively harms the various dialogues he partakes in, but I have no problem whatsoever with Bernie accepting his endorsement.

anything specific with Rogan that you disagree with? I stop in on his podcast and I like him well enough, curious as to your take?

I think he steps over the line between giving certain thinkers space to discuss their points, which I do like as a vague approach but then he’s not a critical enough questioner.

It’s a double edged sword, on one hand interesting figures with good radical ideas get exposure to a big audience they might otherwise have not, on the other hand complete quackery can get something of the same platform.

You see this broad alignment where certain figures get this coverage by allying along free speech grounds, with figures who hold similar views in that singular domain and then using these platforms as a pulpit for their own agendas.

Not that Rogan is the only one here who gives platforms in this rather uncritical way.

I’ll namecheck Jordan Peterson who has built this career and slavish following, by basically being continually allowed to frame himself as a martyr for free speech and slam on the entire social sciences as being Marxist somehow.

I don’t thing Rogan does this particularly deliberately either for the record.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
January 24 2020 15:40 GMT
#41050
Best I can tell the Rogan thing is non-Bernie supporters (neolibs) primarily upset their preferred candidate wasn't invited on (they all tried) and started trying to make a pattern of sexism out of this and the CNN thing.

Then you have the pundit class upset because everyone knows that Rogan saying "yeah I'm probably voting Bernie in the primary" or whatever is a way bigger deal than the NYT WarKlob endorsement.

It is also a crap argument because Biden and Democrats generally have been playing footsie with white supremacy forever to "court moderate/reasonable Republicans". They're just mad Sanders is better at it/more liked.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
January 24 2020 15:41 GMT
#41051
On January 25 2020 00:30 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2020 23:49 Aveng3r wrote:
On January 24 2020 21:54 farvacola wrote:
I despise Joe Rogan and think he actively harms the various dialogues he partakes in, but I have no problem whatsoever with Bernie accepting his endorsement.

anything specific with Rogan that you disagree with? I stop in on his podcast and I like him well enough, curious as to your take?

I think he steps over the line between giving certain thinkers space to discuss their points, which I do like as a vague approach but then he’s not a critical enough questioner.

It’s a double edged sword, on one hand interesting figures with good radical ideas get exposure to a big audience they might otherwise have not, on the other hand complete quackery can get something of the same platform.

You see this broad alignment where certain figures get this coverage by allying along free speech grounds, with figures who hold similar views in that singular domain and then using these platforms as a pulpit for their own agendas.

Not that Rogan is the only one here who gives platforms in this rather uncritical way.

I’ll namecheck Jordan Peterson who has built this career and slavish following, by basically being continually allowed to frame himself as a martyr for free speech and slam on the entire social sciences as being Marxist somehow.

I don’t thing Rogan does this particularly deliberately either for the record.

I don't see any of that as something specific to Rogan, I feel like everyone with a podcast does this.
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
January 24 2020 15:50 GMT
#41052
Rogan is also not great on trans issues so I understand a reluctance there. Farv's reaction is the correct one imo.
No will to live, no wish to die
Uldridge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium5231 Posts
January 24 2020 15:52 GMT
#41053
What's wrong with using psychedelics in particular? You think he's too meme-y about it?
Taxes are for Terrans
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-24 16:04:30
January 24 2020 16:00 GMT
#41054
On January 25 2020 00:50 Nebuchad wrote:
Rogan is also not great on trans issues so I understand a reluctance there. Farv's reaction is the correct one imo.


Yeah. I should have mentioned trans people/allies were rightfully upset that their concerns were disregarded in Bernie's promoting of the endorsement. But I doubt that is what Velr was seeing. Velr was probably seeing Warren staffers and supporters realizing her campaign is over now that her early pivot to the center has her out flanked by Bernie among Progressives and whatever we're calling Rogan listeners.

The NYT lied us into Iraq, publishes race science, and interviews Nazi's to "get their side" so the people upset about Rogan probably voting for Bernie but not the NYT endorsement of their candidate expose themselves imo.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
January 24 2020 16:05 GMT
#41055
On January 25 2020 00:52 Uldridge wrote:
What's wrong with using psychedelics in particular? You think he's too meme-y about it?

Nothing wrong with taking psychedelics, the problem relates more to situating psychedelic experiences with reference to the “big questions” of life while being mindful of the dangerous risks of ego-centrism. That’s all I’ll say here, feel free to PM me for more
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24382 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-01-24 16:13:10
January 24 2020 16:11 GMT
#41056
Massive protests in Iraq pushing for the US to end its occupation of their country took place in the past 24 hours.



TIME gave it this headline:

Hundreds Gather in Baghdad to Demand American Troops Leave
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12559 Posts
January 24 2020 16:27 GMT
#41057
A few thousand hundreds of people ;/
No will to live, no wish to die
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
January 24 2020 16:44 GMT
#41058
They certainly didnt mind having our help when ISIS took over half their country after their military fled in the face of ISIS.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
January 24 2020 16:46 GMT
#41059
Pray tell, what happened before ISIS?
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
January 24 2020 16:54 GMT
#41060
Joe Rogan endorsing Bernie is extremely good. Wow. So many people are gonna pause for a sec who otherwise would have never considered Bernie
Prev 1 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 5999 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM734
TKL 245
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 734
ByuN 315
TKL 245
mouzHeroMarine 84
UpATreeSC 78
BRAT_OK 34
MindelVK 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26441
Calm 3344
Shuttle 1136
Horang2 517
Soulkey 204
Rush 133
Dewaltoss 118
Mind 69
hero 62
Zeus 59
[ Show more ]
sorry 39
Free 36
Hyun 35
Trap 22
Killer 20
Bale 19
ToSsGirL 17
PianO 17
Rock 15
Aegong 15
JYJ 13
scan(afreeca) 12
Hm[arnc] 10
Sacsri 7
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7260
Dendi1211
League of Legends
KnowMe46
Counter-Strike
fl0m4165
x6flipin750
Fnx 597
pashabiceps422
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King70
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing1712
Liquid`RaSZi1458
Beastyqt591
ceh9501
Khaldor308
C9.Mang0244
crisheroes227
dupreeh192
420jenkins143
IndyStarCraft 143
QueenE96
Trikslyr87
JuggernautJason12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH284
• Hinosc 16
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3234
• WagamamaTV508
League of Legends
• Nemesis2617
• TFBlade600
Other Games
• Shiphtur843
• imaqtpie325
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 42m
INu's Battles
17h 42m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 42m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.