• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:16
CEST 23:16
KST 06:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8722 users

Fountain Pens - Page 22

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 26 Next All
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-29 14:27:10
May 29 2014 14:25 GMT
#421
On May 29 2014 20:00 Firebolt145 wrote:
I've been using some Lamy black ink for the last couple weeks in my demonstrator and I've noticed that it leaves a lot of residue on the walls. Most pictures of demonstrators I've seen don't seem to have this. Is this an ink specific issue, and if so can anyone recommend any nice blacks?

Which demonstrator is this? I've found that some converters seem to be made out of plastic which will take in some of the ink's color. I guess you might say the plastic is porous?

I use lamy black in most of my pens and I haven't had that issue, at least not consistently.

So far, Lamy's black is my favorite, and it's cheap.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-29 14:40:21
May 29 2014 14:34 GMT
#422
I have the TWSBI Vac 700.

[image loading]
Moderator
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-29 15:53:01
May 29 2014 15:08 GMT
#423
On May 29 2014 23:34 Firebolt145 wrote:
I have the TWSBI Vac 700.

Oh yes that... Yes that might be worse with Lamy but it goes away right? I was thinking about the staining I got with some converters. I'd try Parker Quink's black ink, I don't think it does that, although I'd have to check and I don't have that particular pen. I think different plastics behave differently with ink.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
May 29 2014 15:43 GMT
#424
Yeah I can wash it between refills etc. I was just hoping it'd be cleaner, sorta like this pic:

[image loading]
Moderator
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
May 30 2014 23:38 GMT
#425
On May 30 2014 00:43 Firebolt145 wrote:
Yeah I can wash it between refills etc. I was just hoping it'd be cleaner, sorta like this pic:

In my experience that doesn't really happen unless you leave it nib down for a while (and not too long or it might bleed out ). Lamy's ink will gunk up the converter or the inside of the pen though because it drips down particularly slowly. I'd say that most black inks will behave better than the Lamy in that regard.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
May 30 2014 23:54 GMT
#426
I made a post on FPN and contacted some local shop owners and they said that Lamy's Black is known for having this property, so I purchased another different black which should hopefully arrive early next week.
Moderator
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
June 03 2014 02:40 GMT
#427
On May 30 2014 00:43 Firebolt145 wrote:
Yeah I can wash it between refills etc. I was just hoping it'd be cleaner, sorta like this pic:

[image loading]



This looks really watered down.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-03 02:45:16
June 03 2014 02:44 GMT
#428
I guess this is not the kind of pen I should have if I can't prevent myself of doing penspining when I have something on my hand, right ? Because they look so cool but I don't want to be full of ink after 10min of using it.
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
June 03 2014 07:40 GMT
#429
So I'm working as a delivery driver this summer, and tonight I dropped my only ballpoint pen right before I had to give some guy his pizza, but I had my Pilot Metro right there, so I hand that to him so he can sign his credit slip. After trying for a few seconds to write with the pen upside down he said to me "Hey buddy, your pen sucks". It took a lot of restraint to meekly tell him to have "the silver side facing up", and not tell him that this is probably the best pen he's ever touched :D
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
June 03 2014 07:48 GMT
#430
On June 03 2014 16:40 Mordanis wrote:
So I'm working as a delivery driver this summer, and tonight I dropped my only ballpoint pen right before I had to give some guy his pizza, but I had my Pilot Metro right there, so I hand that to him so he can sign his credit slip. After trying for a few seconds to write with the pen upside down he said to me "Hey buddy, your pen sucks". It took a lot of restraint to meekly tell him to have "the silver side facing up", and not tell him that this is probably the best pen he's ever touched :D


Sounds like some pizza guy's pen that doesn't even write good to me.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
June 03 2014 09:03 GMT
#431
On June 03 2014 11:44 Faust852 wrote:
I guess this is not the kind of pen I should have if I can't prevent myself of doing penspining when I have something on my hand, right ? Because they look so cool but I don't want to be full of ink after 10min of using it.

I was a chronic penspinner before purchasing a fountain pen a year ago, and still am whenever I'm not using a fountain pen. If you just tell your brain 'you are NOT spinning this pen' it usually listens.

Besides, they don't really splash ink around when you spin them; the fear is that spinning them increases the chance of dropping them.
Moderator
bunnyroller
Profile Joined August 2014
10 Posts
August 02 2014 10:54 GMT
#432
I just love fountain pens ..., people find it old fashion to carry a fountain pen but i just love carrying a fountain pen as it is old fashion but is a classic more than that !!
Marimokkori
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States306 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-02 16:34:39
August 02 2014 16:23 GMT
#433
[image loading]
[image loading]

My most recent purchase. It came with a bottle of Sheaffer black, so I've been trying that out, but I love Noodler's X-feather so much it's hard to appreciate other blacks. This one is great on nice paper, and the nib is super smooth.

Time to start saving for a Falcon.
http://www.gouletpens.com/Pilot_Falcon_Rhodium_Soft_Extra_Fine_Fountain_Pen_p/pn60740.htm


And some inks are just notorious for staining pens. There's a Noodler's shade of blue that I've seen people soak there pens in to stain them on purpose. Can't remember which blue specifically though.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
August 02 2014 19:25 GMT
#434
Giving a fountain to people for a few secs when they need to write something down is my way of trolling everyone. The bemused looks I get along with the "omg that looks really expsneive" comments are priceless (it's just a Black Lamy Safari).

I do love that pen though. Scared of spending actual dollars because I'll almost definately drop / leave it behind somewhere.
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
August 02 2014 19:35 GMT
#435
Hm, weird. Here, in elementary school, a fountain pen was mandatory and I think it still is. In gammar school, most people used one as well. After that though, pretty much everyone switched to standard pens. I still use mine though, looks a lot cleaner and nicer than a pen.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-03 16:59:29
August 03 2014 16:55 GMT
#436
On August 03 2014 01:23 Marimokkori wrote:
[image loading]
[image loading]

My most recent purchase. It came with a bottle of Sheaffer black, so I've been trying that out, but I love Noodler's X-feather so much it's hard to appreciate other blacks. This one is great on nice paper, and the nib is super smooth.

Time to start saving for a Falcon.
http://www.gouletpens.com/Pilot_Falcon_Rhodium_Soft_Extra_Fine_Fountain_Pen_p/pn60740.htm


And some inks are just notorious for staining pens. There's a Noodler's shade of blue that I've seen people soak there pens in to stain them on purpose. Can't remember which blue specifically though.


Falcon is a modern take on a 'semi-flex' (definition for this varies, and wars have been waged over difference between maxi-flex, flex and semi-flex). Unless you strongly prefer a cartridge converter pen, I'd just go with a restored vintage (something like Pelikan 140, 400 or 400nn) that'd offer more bang for the buck.

I've got a metal falcon that I haven't touched since I started using vintage.

Nice pen btw
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
bunnyroller
Profile Joined August 2014
10 Posts
August 04 2014 07:14 GMT
#437
Fountain pens are the one of the best invention for me , It's so brilliantly engineered and it's style,design and so much more , I love Fountain Pens !!
Basulfc
Profile Joined August 2014
India2 Posts
August 04 2014 08:15 GMT
#438
Well, Fountain Pens are great. It's so easy and comfortable to write. I agree with your point.

User was banned for this post.
Nopeudon
Profile Joined March 2012
172 Posts
August 04 2014 10:35 GMT
#439
Well, the Pilot Falcon seems to have quality control issues as well, I've been told that you barely even get any flex with a fine point. But then again vintage pens are hard to get into for beginners, especially without some knowledge beforehand about what to look out for. Maybe a Justus 95 reground by Mr Mottishaw would be a better though costlier alternative? For me I love Japanese fountain pens, my Sailor KOP blows everything else I have out of the water. I also love and keep a MB reground into a flexible stub in regular rotation.
bunnyroller
Profile Joined August 2014
10 Posts
August 05 2014 09:31 GMT
#440
Even ball pens are good but fountain pens are better in every aspect
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 274
Nina 110
SteadfastSC 103
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2422
910 62
Bale 12
Super Smash Bros
PPMD53
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1087
Other Games
summit1g6774
Grubby2314
shahzam584
ToD226
C9.Mang0189
UpATreeSC55
Liquid`Ken1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 72
• Hupsaiya 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 36
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21063
League of Legends
• TFBlade599
Other Games
• imaqtpie904
• Shiphtur294
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 44m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 44m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.