• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:21
CEST 01:21
KST 08:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10249 users

[TL Artists] Creature Compendium Collaboration - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
August 15 2012 09:36 GMT
#61
Finished Eyeball McEyebally.

BEFORE by layabout

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


AFTER

[image loading]
Mentalizor
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark1596 Posts
August 15 2012 09:44 GMT
#62
On August 15 2012 16:48 ShakAttaK wrote:
Any inspiration from sc2 in there ? Or more leave / dots centered ?


This is the general section No need for SC2 relations. This is amazing. I had no idea TL-people could make such amazing art in a matter of hours. This is beyond me
(yಠ,ಠ)y - Y U NO ALL IN? - rtsAlaran: " I somehow sit inside the bus.Hot_Bit giving me a massage"
Inkblood
Profile Joined February 2010
United States463 Posts
August 15 2012 09:45 GMT
#63
Oh, shit. We're doing stories? Writing is something I don't suck so much at. (In my humble yet biased opinion.) Here's a little "backstory" for this bugger I drew the concept for. The recently named; Hound of Lu-Shing. The story is a bit long, but it'll pass.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Diary of Joshua Sailworth

“The Hound of Lu-Shing? Aye, I saw the thing. Might as well been the Devil walking abroad I say. Bigger than it ox it was, and meaner than the meanest thing you’ve ever seen. You heard tales of what it looks like? They’re all true I reckon. Those eyes could cut through a mountain they’ve got so much malice. I saw it doing its dirty work too, whole damn village in western Connecticut torn to shreds.”

The man spat and resumed. “Musket balls didn’t do shit, nor any other weapon turned against it, I’d wager. Maybe a cannon could. But I’d like to see them hit a target moving as fast as that Hound did. The thing crossed a whole field in a damn second. And cut through the militia faster than a sickle can slice through that as many blades of grass. Poor bastards got a volley off, but like I said, musket balls aren’t worth a damn.”

I asked the fellow if he knew why the villainous creature had struck.

“Might be the Indian’s had something to do with it. Maybe not though, doubt they’d strike this close to the coast. Might be Parliament had something to do with it. Don’t tell them I said that, though. Who knows for sure? All I can say is the Devil walked abroad that day, punishing the sinners and righteous alike. Luck was the only thing that saved me. Men more pious than I died that day.”

“The Hound was named by the Asians, what do you think of that connection?” I asked him.

“I reckon they saw it first. The Devil doesn’t care for the color of a mans skin, so long as that skin’s colder than it was before the Devil showed up. The Devil can use men to strike, and an Asian was doubtless tempted by evil, and the Hound of Lu-Shing struck there because of it. But that was nothing more than chance. And I’m sure the Hound has struck before, and has gone by other names.”

“Do you believe it was actually the Devil?”

“God, and the Devil alone can say for certain. But it’s either the Devil or some minion cooked up in the deepest depths of hell. And I’ll be damned if it’s different.”

“What if it’s something else? Something unknown even to the Devil?”

The man grimaced and glanced up at the moonlit sky. “Then we’re fucked.”

Later I discovered the fellow had been found severely mutilated not far from the spot I had interview him, at the edge of town. No one ever found out what truly happened. Though I must confess some suspicion did land on me, and I was forced to flee for my own safety. I sleep uneasy now, especially when traveling alone. I awake from horrible nightmares. And imagine what fate the man suffered.

+ Show Spoiler +
Not the best thing I've ever written, but I whipped it up very quickly, so *shrug* it's okay.


On August 15 2012 16:46 strongandbig wrote:
I call backstory writing for my guys.

Also reposting my as-yet-unchosen squiggles from the other thread just in case:

+ Show Spoiler [Murderer of Steve Irwin] +

On August 11 2012 19:50 strongandbig wrote:
[image loading]

Named by the very enterprising Inkblood

+ Show Spoiler [City Turtle] +
On August 11 2012 04:17 strongandbig wrote:
Gentlemen, BEHOLD!!

I give you ... the CITY TURTLE!!!

[image loading]


Heh, I'm still unsure about the name "Murderer of Steve Irwin. I feel like I was being a little insensitive when naming it, but it was the first thing that came to mind.
targ
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Malaysia445 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-15 09:50:39
August 15 2012 09:49 GMT
#64
On August 15 2012 16:46 strongandbig wrote:
I call backstory writing for my guys.

Also reposting my as-yet-unchosen squiggles from the other thread just in case:

+ Show Spoiler [Murderer of Steve Irwin] +

On August 11 2012 19:50 strongandbig wrote:
[image loading]

Named by the very enterprising Inkblood



+ Show Spoiler [City Turtle] +
On August 11 2012 04:17 strongandbig wrote:
Gentlemen, BEHOLD!!

I give you ... the CITY TURTLE!!!

[image loading]



Backstory:

Murderer of Steve Irwin

The strongest manta ray in each generation is known as Mantacus. He was chosen to fight the evil Steve who would invade the habitats of innocent animals and expose their private lives for the world to see. After he prevailed, thousands of mourners caught manta rays and executed them in revenge. To the credit of the mantas, when asked who was Mantacus, all proclaimed:

"I'M MANTACUS"

City Turtle

On the volcanic planet of Char, settlers cannot build cities in one single place as every several years volcanic eruptions will occur randomly, forcing them to move. To counteract this tendency they have created gigantic turtles via genetic engineering and built their cities on them.

However when a volcanic eruption is imminent these turtles are often sleeping, causing the poor settlers to have to dance en masse on their backs to wake them up in time to escape. This dance was later copied by Blizzard and used widely in their games.
http://billyfoong.blogspot.com/ my other opinions are here
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 15 2012 10:14 GMT
#65
On August 15 2012 18:49 targ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2012 16:46 strongandbig wrote:
I call backstory writing for my guys.

Also reposting my as-yet-unchosen squiggles from the other thread just in case:

+ Show Spoiler [Murderer of Steve Irwin] +

On August 11 2012 19:50 strongandbig wrote:
[image loading]

Named by the very enterprising Inkblood



+ Show Spoiler [City Turtle] +
On August 11 2012 04:17 strongandbig wrote:
Gentlemen, BEHOLD!!

I give you ... the CITY TURTLE!!!

[image loading]



Backstory:

Murderer of Steve Irwin

The strongest manta ray in each generation is known as Mantacus. He was chosen to fight the evil Steve who would invade the habitats of innocent animals and expose their private lives for the world to see. After he prevailed, thousands of mourners caught manta rays and executed them in revenge. To the credit of the mantas, when asked who was Mantacus, all proclaimed:

"I'M MANTACUS"

City Turtle

On the volcanic planet of Char, settlers cannot build cities in one single place as every several years volcanic eruptions will occur randomly, forcing them to move. To counteract this tendency they have created gigantic turtles via genetic engineering and built their cities on them.

However when a volcanic eruption is imminent these turtles are often sleeping, causing the poor settlers to have to dance en masse on their backs to wake them up in time to escape. This dance was later copied by Blizzard and used widely in their games.


ummmm did you read the post you quoted?


ohhhh I see what you thought I meant

that's fine but what I intended to say was I will write the story for my guys
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Diks
Profile Joined January 2010
Belgium1880 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-15 11:27:14
August 15 2012 11:13 GMT
#66
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


" That's my boy, he's a very nice kid.
Don't listen to what they say on the media because my boy isn't a psychopath, you know, he just has so much love to give !

But nature tends to be bitchy, he doesn't really know what he does, you see, me and her mother are shaped like donuts, so he's used to have contact with people, we can't remove that from him. He's looking for friends, he just wants to feel connected with people.

For his 8th birthday, I organized a little party with the kids from the nighborhood. You should have seen my son, he was so happy ! Dozen of friendly children ready to have fun and form some bounds with my son.
There's nothing wrong with my boy, it's just that other kids are so squishy. You should have seen the surprised look in his eyes when he hugged his first friend.
I was horrified at first, I though it would traumatize my boy but his moral seems unbreakable. With his little voice he explained me how good it felt to really make contact with people and how warm and comforting was the red liquid dippind out of his face.
I'm like every other father, I just want him to be happy...
When the police came, we had to run, the house was getting kinda messy, specially after my son invited the local boy scouts.

We had to move to another country, I was scared that it would suck the moral out of my son, changing environment as a kid can be very destabilizing. But no, my boy carry an infinite amount of love and optimism.
When he said to me 'it's ok dad, it's just a good occasion to make new friends" I litterally cried. My kid is blessed by god himself, neither the hatred or fear from the neighborhood could stop his quest for love and friendship.

So please, people, don't hate my son, just be nice with him, give him a hug...
You don't have much choice anyway, I told my son that if someone runs away, it's just because he wants to play hide and seek, and unluckily for you my son is fast, very fast... You can't escape from love "
SymphonyP
Profile Joined November 2011
Ireland59 Posts
August 15 2012 11:15 GMT
#67
I drew these last week/this week

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]The eye is not supposed to be there just was some practice :D

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
Dolendo novit mortalis vitam.
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
August 15 2012 15:01 GMT
#68
This is about the best i can draw using paint
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

TT
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
targ
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Malaysia445 Posts
August 15 2012 15:17 GMT
#69
On August 15 2012 19:14 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2012 18:49 targ wrote:
On August 15 2012 16:46 strongandbig wrote:
I call backstory writing for my guys.

Also reposting my as-yet-unchosen squiggles from the other thread just in case:

+ Show Spoiler [Murderer of Steve Irwin] +

On August 11 2012 19:50 strongandbig wrote:
[image loading]

Named by the very enterprising Inkblood



+ Show Spoiler [City Turtle] +
On August 11 2012 04:17 strongandbig wrote:
Gentlemen, BEHOLD!!

I give you ... the CITY TURTLE!!!

[image loading]



Backstory:

Murderer of Steve Irwin

The strongest manta ray in each generation is known as Mantacus. He was chosen to fight the evil Steve who would invade the habitats of innocent animals and expose their private lives for the world to see. After he prevailed, thousands of mourners caught manta rays and executed them in revenge. To the credit of the mantas, when asked who was Mantacus, all proclaimed:

"I'M MANTACUS"

City Turtle

On the volcanic planet of Char, settlers cannot build cities in one single place as every several years volcanic eruptions will occur randomly, forcing them to move. To counteract this tendency they have created gigantic turtles via genetic engineering and built their cities on them.

However when a volcanic eruption is imminent these turtles are often sleeping, causing the poor settlers to have to dance en masse on their backs to wake them up in time to escape. This dance was later copied by Blizzard and used widely in their games.


ummmm did you read the post you quoted?


ohhhh I see what you thought I meant

that's fine but what I intended to say was I will write the story for my guys


Pardon me my dear sir... of course I shall defer to your story for your own creation LOL
http://billyfoong.blogspot.com/ my other opinions are here
veQ
Profile Joined November 2010
Poland339 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-15 15:36:36
August 15 2012 15:31 GMT
#70
Most of works here were done on pc :< Im not into that T_T
Not sure if hand drawn ones count but still
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
"Victory comes to those who look forward" Proud SPECTER EVO Owner - http://imgur.com/a/Me9LU
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-15 15:53:55
August 15 2012 15:41 GMT
#71
veQ
well we are looking for fully colored rendered pieces for the final creature picture but your more than welcome to contribute sketches (very nice zerg btw) and we will add them to a section with your name.
SymphonyP
Very good I will add to the waiting to be finished list.

layabout
you should get photoshop or something because using mspaint doesnt justify your skills. Your good enough to throw out final creatures for us for sure just need to get those magic finishing touches on it.

Zambrah
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7393 Posts
August 15 2012 15:42 GMT
#72
On August 16 2012 00:31 veQ wrote:
Most of works here were done on pc :< Im not into that T_T
Not sure if hand drawn ones count but still
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


If my pencil stuff counts yours should. :-P

Great Hydralisk. ^_^
Incremental change is the Democrat version of Trickle Down economics.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
August 15 2012 16:12 GMT
#73
I do think we should stay towards original creatures though. It's more indie-feeling for our Hot_Bot's future adventures.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-16 01:06:03
August 16 2012 01:05 GMT
#74

New Bio/Name for Eyeball McEyebally.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Name: Eyeball Magnus Rover Fighter

Eyeball Magnus Rover Fighter is an alien that crash landed on Mars in the year 4013, where he sustained significant injuries, including the loss of all his limbs. Remarkably, he managed to survive the harsh climate by building new appendages and an anti-gravity pad with found scraps of Mars Rovers, left behind on the planet over the previous centuries by humankind.

Currently, E-Magnus spends most of his time leading a counter-insurgency against the Rovian Empire, an ancient civilization of sentient Robots that evolved from the Earth's rovers and control 70% of the Red Planet.

seaofsaturn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States489 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-16 05:04:55
August 16 2012 05:02 GMT
#75
On August 15 2012 07:42 layabout wrote:
This thread is far too professional.
Concept squiggles:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
killing with the power of second hand smoke!...and guns





[image loading]

I stayed up too late doing this. :z

made a gif:

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
Photoshop is over-powered.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
August 16 2012 05:21 GMT
#76
oh holy shit those tones are so spot on
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-16 08:13:56
August 16 2012 08:13 GMT
#77
Seaofsaturn that assassincat is amazing.

Edit: feline fatal so to speak.
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Crissaegrim
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
2947 Posts
August 16 2012 08:22 GMT
#78
Reminds me of being a kid; when drawing monsters was the only thing I did all day.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
August 16 2012 08:30 GMT
#79
On August 15 2012 07:42 layabout wrote:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




I'll try to take a crack at ... whatever this is tomorrow.


MrBrunk
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada428 Posts
August 16 2012 08:30 GMT
#80
Dat cat o_o

Need to see a Slenderbear vs Assasincat battle to the death.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft121
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft121
Nina 92
ViBE83
SpeCial 38
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 174
Noble 63
Hyuk 60
NaDa 37
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
League of Legends
Doublelift4701
Counter-Strike
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox263
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4956
Khaldor666
Other Games
summit1g8125
FrodaN1844
Coldzera 795
shahzam531
JimRising 381
C9.Mang0271
KnowMe210
ZombieGrub77
ArmadaUGS62
Mew2King55
Trikslyr44
PPMD39
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick645
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream67
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH361
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21463
Other Games
• imaqtpie767
• Shiphtur165
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 39m
Online Event
11h 39m
FEL
16h 39m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.