• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:05
CEST 12:05
KST 19:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11356 users

Men's Fashion Thread - Page 27

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 446 Next
SoLaR[i.C]
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
United States2969 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 23:52:59
February 13 2012 23:49 GMT
#521
Picked up these shoes on sale for $80. They will do the trick until I can afford some nicer ones. They also appear a tad lighter in person.

What color socks would go well? Does it depend on the pants? Should I go fuckin nuts (neon pink, green, orange, purple)?

Lastly, do I need a belt that matches these shoes? If so, does it have to match precisely, or would a different shade of brown be fine?

EDIT: This is for work/office wear
Pawsom
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States928 Posts
February 14 2012 00:10 GMT
#522
On February 14 2012 08:49 SoLaR[i.C] wrote:
Picked up these shoes on sale for $80. They will do the trick until I can afford some nicer ones. They also appear a tad lighter in person.

What color socks would go well? Does it depend on the pants? Should I go fuckin nuts (neon pink, green, orange, purple)?

Lastly, do I need a belt that matches these shoes? If so, does it have to match precisely, or would a different shade of brown be fine?

EDIT: This is for work/office wear


You need a brown belt that roughly matches. It doesn't have to be exact, or even that close, but I'd avoid a lighter tan belt. Socks are easy, get navy/grey/black/khaki colored socks. You can get some louder ones if you want, but those are classic for dress pants. Shoes look pretty nice for an inexpensive pair imo.
Starburst
Profile Joined November 2011
United States108 Posts
February 14 2012 00:14 GMT
#523
Socks are kinda hard imo. You can never go wrong with a good pair of navy blue argyles. I assume some sort of ash gray would work too. In terms of belts, you don't need one that is EXACTLY the same color. Generally, with brown shoes, any variant of brown should work. And yes, your belt should match your shoes and vice versa.

This is only an example:
Imagine you had shoes around this color: J. Crew Alden's
This belt could compliment it pretty well: Leather Belt
Killmouse
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria5700 Posts
February 14 2012 00:17 GMT
#524
ordered a coat 2-3 days ago

http://www.amazon.de/TheLees-Herren-Zweireiher-Stehkragen-Dunkelgrau/dp/B005D75THO/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&m=A1XBPBJLPJMO3N&s=generic&qid=1328715980&sr=1-29

hopefully it fits me ^^
yo
thirtythree
Profile Joined September 2011
38 Posts
February 14 2012 00:18 GMT
#525
I've always thought dress shirts look baggy on me. Recently I got the idea that it might be because I've been buying them too big. My chest measures 38 inches which many sizing charts put at a medium size. The problem is, medium shirts only just barely go to my waist and I need longer ones. I'm 6'2 and 190 lbs. I'm thinking the medium tall size might be best for me. Anyone able to recommend brands that sell good looking shirts in this size? I realize that custom shirts solve this problem but I don't have quite that much money to spend.
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 00:24:02
February 14 2012 00:20 GMT
#526
Hey guys, I just received my CDBs, and I wanted to give my input/advice on the size. My feet measure 10" long and 4" wide, which is usually a US 8.5 E. Based on recommendations, I ordered the US 8 M CDB. Length-wise, it fits just fine. Width-wise, however, the boots press up on the sides and arch of my feet. It's still comfortable enough that I won't return them, but I would suggest someone with wide feet to go with an 8.5.

Edit: Actually I take that back, because US 8 and US 8.5 have the width at M.
Starburst
Profile Joined November 2011
United States108 Posts
February 14 2012 00:20 GMT
#527
Arggggg. Can't. Read. Looks cool though. I'm always careful ordering jackets and things online because the fits differ from country to country and based on what company it is. I need a nice wool jacket like this.
Retgery
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1229 Posts
February 14 2012 00:37 GMT
#528
I'm looking for some hair advice. I'm a senior in high school and I like to keep it a medium long length because I have an oddly shaped head. It's at length so it just reaches the middle of my ears. I have wavy hair, that tends to curl and flair out at the ends, is their a trick to prevent that? What are some shoes would be good for everyday use. I typically wear slim fitting long sleeve sweaters, and dark jeans.
Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.
RoyGBiv_13
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1275 Posts
February 14 2012 00:42 GMT
#529
On February 14 2012 09:17 Killmouse wrote:
ordered a coat 2-3 days ago

http://www.amazon.de/TheLees-Herren-Zweireiher-Stehkragen-Dunkelgrau/dp/B005D75THO/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&m=A1XBPBJLPJMO3N&s=generic&qid=1328715980&sr=1-29

hopefully it fits me ^^

That looks so fly. Trying to convince myself that its not cold enough in california to bother getting a new coat....
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
RoyGBiv_13
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1275 Posts
February 14 2012 00:45 GMT
#530
On February 14 2012 09:37 Retgery wrote:
I'm looking for some hair advice. I'm a senior in high school and I like to keep it a medium long length because I have an oddly shaped head. It's at length so it just reaches the middle of my ears. I have wavy hair, that tends to curl and flair out at the ends, is their a trick to prevent that? What are some shoes would be good for everyday use. I typically wear slim fitting long sleeve sweaters, and dark jeans.


I'm a senior in high school

In this case, you want hair that suits your needs, which is probably attracting girls tbh. try keeping it medium length, and start experimenting with frequency of washing it. The key with wavy hair is to find the right volume so it will stay cohesive, but not frizz. Layering is also very important. Keep it long while you still can though, eventually you will have to join the masses in the rat race and cut it down, so enjoy it while you can.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
Stenstyren
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden619 Posts
February 14 2012 01:14 GMT
#531
On February 14 2012 09:37 Retgery wrote:
I'm looking for some hair advice. I'm a senior in high school and I like to keep it a medium long length because I have an oddly shaped head. It's at length so it just reaches the middle of my ears. I have wavy hair, that tends to curl and flair out at the ends, is their a trick to prevent that? What are some shoes would be good for everyday use. I typically wear slim fitting long sleeve sweaters, and dark jeans.


Use a flattening iron. Takes 10 minutes every morning so isn't too hard.

Otherwise it's VERY hard to give any advice, go to the most expensive hairstylist you have in town and get one haircut there. Then take it back to your regular hairdresser and he can probably recreate it.
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 01:19:29
February 14 2012 01:15 GMT
#532
@ Solar: Nice looking shoes quality is probably lacking since the price you paid for them but I agree they will do for now. As far as socks go unless you are in a conservative office like law or fiance I think socks are a good place to add some color. Get a wide variety and match them to anything in your outfit. The most classic thing to do is match your pants, but matching your shirt or tie is also good. The only rule is never match your shoes, it can look like your are wearing a little bootie and it looks awful. For your belt try to get something that matches closeish but it does not have to be perfect as in the real world its hard to tell.

Solar how is the rest of your new wardrobe coming?

@ Retgery: Hair isn't my thing at all, I just keep mine nice and short. I think in high school if you wear anything other then sneakers to school you are gonna look good. CDB will look good of course, check the last page for a good picture. Other options are sperrys, bucks, leather shoes in a light brown, or even just more fashionable sneakers like some low top canvas sneakers.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Thrax
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1755 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 01:29:10
February 14 2012 01:17 GMT
#533
On February 14 2012 06:19 boesthius wrote:
Looking good yo! Levi 511's are a really great pair of denim to fall back on. The cbd's look gr9 too~

Also there's a fucking FANTASTIC sale going on a Brook's Brothers, in case you didn't know. This slim OCBD is only $40 - compared to it's normal price of $80.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/men.process


Thanks for the heads-up! Curious to see the fit - ordered two extra-slim + 1 slim sport shirts.
lbaron
Profile Joined July 2011
United States4 Posts
February 14 2012 02:01 GMT
#534
Speaking of mens fashion... My wife knows I like The Chive and just got me this tee shirt! I thought it was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

[image loading]
NationInArms
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1553 Posts
February 14 2012 02:02 GMT
#535
Wait, so what's the usual price of Levi 511s? 0_o
BW for life | Fantasy, MMA, SlayerS_Boxer | Taengoo! n_n | "Lelouch vi Britannia commands you! Obey me, subjects! OBEY ME, WORLD!" | <3 Emi
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
February 14 2012 02:03 GMT
#536
--- Nuked ---
Thrax
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1755 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 02:15:13
February 14 2012 02:14 GMT
#537
On February 14 2012 11:02 NationInArms wrote:
Wait, so what's the usual price of Levi 511s? 0_o

You should be able to find them for around $40 (Amazon.com is great when you know your size)
If you buy it in a Levi's store though, you'll probably end up paying around $80.
Zambrah
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States7393 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 02:21:09
February 14 2012 02:20 GMT
#538
On February 14 2012 11:01 lbaron wrote:
Speaking of mens fashion... My wife knows I like The Chive and just got me this tee shirt! I thought it was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


That. Is. Awesome.

You are a lucky man.
Incremental change is the Democrat version of Trickle Down economics.
Blyadischa
Profile Joined April 2010
419 Posts
February 14 2012 02:27 GMT
#539
On February 08 2012 15:06 TBone- wrote:
Idk if this has been posted yet, but these are so unbelievably insightful, check them out!

+ Show Spoiler +


edit: I'm declaring him the day9 of fashion


Sorry, but this guy doesn't really dress well, and his "make overs" don't really accomplish much.

The shoes he picks out are kind of boxy and ugly, and none of the other stuff he picks out fits well (the argyle sweaters and the pants). To top it all off, the stuff he picks out are all pretty dated and would be considered pretty gross by anyone knowledgeable on menswear.
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
February 14 2012 02:32 GMT
#540
On February 14 2012 11:14 Thrax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 11:02 NationInArms wrote:
Wait, so what's the usual price of Levi 511s? 0_o

You should be able to find them for around $40 (Amazon.com is great when you know your size)
If you buy it in a Levi's store though, you'll probably end up paying around $80.


Yeah go to a store try them on and find your model and size, but don't buy them if you are paying more then 50 because you can get them online shipped for 50 easy maybe even cheaper if you find a good sale.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 446 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 7474
Hyuk 554
Horang2 538
BeSt 464
Stork 167
sorry 99
Pusan 95
Shinee 81
Killer 80
Hyun 65
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 60
Mind 56
Bonyth 50
Snow 47
Bale 37
Hm[arnc] 32
JYJ 22
PianO 22
Sacsri 16
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe76
League of Legends
JimRising 465
Counter-Strike
byalli9
x6flipin9
Other Games
gofns29392
singsing2147
ArmadaUGS75
Mew2King75
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick709
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• Adnapsc2 24
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Lourlo1282
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
1h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
4h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 55m
Replay Cast
12h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 55m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.