• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:09
CEST 06:09
KST 13:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8108 users

Jerry Sandusky and PSU - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 37 38 39 Next All
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
November 10 2011 05:53 GMT
#61
On November 10 2011 14:49 thReNody wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 14:44 feanor1 wrote:
If you fired Paterno how does McQuery keep his job? And I really don't see how you don't fire the entire staff, they have all been there for 10-30 yrs, anything JoePa knew about they likely knew as well


This is something that a lot of people (myself included) are confused about. Sandusky is out on bail until December and McQueary/Curley are still on the Penn State payroll.


Every single one should be gone. I would say I feel bad about the players who had nada to do with this, until there were those reports of seniors not wanting to play saturday in protest. To which I say scrap every fucking thing.

On the positive side, this thing allows me to quickly pick out idiots on my facebook feed!
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
Steelavocado
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2123 Posts
November 10 2011 05:54 GMT
#62
I have been a fan of penn state all of my life. My mom,step mom,dad,cousin,and grandparents all went to PSU. I am a junior right now in highschool. My opinion of PSU has plummeted. I don't know if I want to go there anymore. I guess I could settle with an in state school like OSU...
MIRACLE IS YOUR TI7 CHAMP
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
November 10 2011 05:55 GMT
#63
On November 10 2011 14:52 discodancer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 14:51 Probe1 wrote:
Picture of the protest.
[image loading]


Is this protest against firing? Are these football fans? This is so disturbing...

From page 2 of this thread:
On November 10 2011 14:06 thReNody wrote:
As a student at Penn State (currently waiting out the riots/etc inside, doing work 'cause I have too much shit to get done to have time to wrap my head around the situation that has developed over the past few days) all I can say is this has left the community in a daze. Everyone's pissed, sad, upset, angry, etc but I think we can all agree that major steps/actions need to be taken. I honestly don't even know how to express how I feel, it's weird how hard something like this hits you. The majority of the kids down town rioting don't even know why the hell they're there except that it gives them an excuse to go crazy. This whole thing is just fucking disappointing.


Ask Nody, he's the only one that's there.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
November 10 2011 06:00 GMT
#64
People at college will "riot" over anything if they have an excuse to.
KaBoom300
Profile Joined January 2011
United States225 Posts
November 10 2011 06:04 GMT
#65
On November 10 2011 13:11 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 08 2011 07:52 p4NDemik wrote:
I read about this story earlier today. What he's accused of doing, using charities to sexually molest boys, using his role on the team to entice the boys and then abuse them, its sickening. Then university officials trying to cover it up after coaches alerted them and he subsequently stepped down from his coaching position at the same time.

Paterno (the head coach) tried to resign at the end of the season, but the Board of Trustees just fired him an hour ago.

It's worth noting for non-Americans that college football is HUGE in the US, bigger than some professional sports, and Coach Paterno was literally one of the most powerful people at the school. More powerful than most of the administrators and arguably second in power to the president of the school. The Board tried to make him quit 5 years ago and he basically told them no.

And Penn State is one of the oldest and largest schools in the country. I think it has a bigger alumni pool than anywhere else in the country.

And it's not just Paterno at fault. The President of the school was fired, and likely most of the football staff will be gone too. There were several people who knew about it and they all covered it up. Sandusky was even caught twice, first in 1998 and again in 2002.


Sometimes I'm disgusted to be human, and now is one of those times. My question is why they didn't just get Sandusky in 1998 and 2002...I mean he was banned from visiting local public schools...They knew what he was up to, why didn't they stop him?
Liquid Dota Fighting!
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 06:14:58
November 10 2011 06:06 GMT
#66
This whole thing was so horrible :\ I am looking at PSU's anthro department for PhD too :[
Never Knows Best.
tronix
Profile Joined November 2010
United States95 Posts
November 10 2011 06:06 GMT
#67
This is all just a travesty. I, however am reserving my judgement on Joe Pa until more facts arise. Many heads are gonna roll; as they should.

Also, as a student at Virginia Tech (was in class during the school shootings). I know how the public can basically crucify a schools reputation over the bad decisions of a few people. So in that regard I hope Penn State can come out of this situation saving a little face. Some pedo on the football staff should no way reflect the quality of the academia.

@Steelavocado: choose the appropriate school based on its academic programs, research facilities, and quality of teaching staff.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
November 10 2011 06:08 GMT
#68
On November 10 2011 13:17 ampson wrote:
I really feel for Joe Paterno, he was put in a difficult situation and made a mistake. And now he's lost his job and hurt his legacy because of it. However, he should have certainly said something. It sucks so much that people like sandusky fuck it up for everyone.

He was put in a "difficult situation" and "made a mistake"? This isn't someone cheating on his wife or accidentally getting drunk or hitting someone with his car. Those are mistakes.

Someone told him that there was a child being anally raped and he let the guy who did it continue to run a camp with children and molest more victims for ten years. I'd like to think something like this is far beyond "a difficult situation".
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
discodancer
Profile Joined September 2011
United States280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 06:12:36
November 10 2011 06:11 GMT
#69
I don't understand why you guys mourn the school itself like it's dropped value. Unless you are in a sports program or a fan of football - why would this even affect you? I'm disgusted by the way some students act about it today, but in 10 years no one is going to look at your diploma and say "oh that's the rapist domain" or w/e. I'm sure half the students don't even give a fuck about sports just like everywhere else and this incident is just a sick weird incident to them, no more than that.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
November 10 2011 06:12 GMT
#70
Hot_Bid is right. It isn't even questionable. What I'm asking myself is if Paterno is criminally culpable. My initial reaction.. is yes but I don't know I just don't know.

우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
thReNody
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11 Posts
November 10 2011 06:12 GMT
#71
On November 10 2011 14:52 discodancer wrote:
Is this protest against firing? Are these football fans? This is so disturbing...


The firing is what ignited the whole thing, as a lot of people are insanely loyal to Paterno. Aside from the kids who are just out there for the experience/to go crazy, the student body is very upset with the University and the Board of Trustees for how they've dealt with the situation so far. Unfortunately I don't think there's any real coherence to the riot (if there were I think protest would be a better word) and so any reasoning for involvement is going to depend on who you talk to.

On November 10 2011 14:54 Steelavocado wrote:
My opinion of PSU has plummeted. I don't know if I want to go there anymore. I guess I could settle with an in state school like OSU...


As a current student, please don't let this event singly rule out Penn State as an option. This incident does not define us as a school and does not define us as a student body. The Penn State community is much more than this (and what the media is making us out to be) and I can still say that I am proud of my decision to attend this University. Like tronix said, there are many more important reasons to go/not go to a school.
Disregard women, acquire vespene gas.
icemanzdoinwork
Profile Joined August 2010
447 Posts
November 10 2011 06:13 GMT
#72
Just a huge disappointment. Im not a student, fan, or alumni. However, it's just real sad to see someone completely destroy a legacy like Paterno's. Legend would be an understatement for this man in college football and it's now ruined. Just a sad story all the way around and he should have done the right thing. This guy has been a "hero" for millions of people over 4 decades. Which is why I'd assume they are rioting. They're wrong for rioting.
discodancer
Profile Joined September 2011
United States280 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 06:16:45
November 10 2011 06:14 GMT
#73
Fuck yeah, he should go to prison. Everyone involved should be prosecuted, if they sentence a pedo with pictures to life in prison - wtf are we even wondering here.

On November 10 2011 15:13 icemanzdoinwork wrote:
Just a huge disappointment. Im not a student, fan, or alumni. However, it's just real sad to see someone completely destroy a legacy like Paterno's. Legend would be an understatement for this man in college football and it's now ruined. Just a sad story all the way around and he should have done the right thing. This guy has been a "hero" for millions of people over 4 decades. Which is why I'd assume they are rioting. They're wrong for rioting.


Don't you think this tells a lot about his moral values and sense of decency? How much he cared and his priorities? If he was this sick spineless trash then who cares about his legacy at all? Fuck him.
MetalMarine
Profile Joined June 2007
United States1559 Posts
November 10 2011 06:15 GMT
#74
On November 10 2011 13:58 Zeller wrote:
It's ridiculous how many of these people involved first and foremost intentions was to protect Sandusky's and PSU's reputations. Let's let this sick fuck ruin more young boys lives and keep it on the down low, because it would just be too embarrassing to report it. This shit happens so often it's not even funny. I bet if a Penn State janitor was caught molesting kids, he'd be turned to the cops in a fucking second.

I seriously get so fucking pissed at all the special treatment people in America get, from government officials to CEO's to high ranking members of major universities. They aren't above the law and their reputation can lick everyone's asshole, we're talking about peoples lives being totally fucked over vs sparing someones god damn credibility/reputation etc.


Great post right here. Very true
Brees
Profile Joined January 2010
Marshall Islands3404 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 06:22:23
November 10 2011 06:20 GMT
#75
shrug if I was in Paterno's shoes I wouldn't tell anyone either, I hate the cops and media and all that shit. He tried to let it blow over and it didn't work obviously, a terrible mistake but he didnt directly assault these kids....Sandusky is the sick fuck here not Paterno.

also this

[image loading]
Brees on in
Sanctimonius
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom861 Posts
November 10 2011 06:22 GMT
#76
As a Brit I'm outside of the football bubble, so I don't have any prior feelings about either of these guys - I'd never heard of them until about ten minutes ago. But on thing really got me, looking at what Paterno said about this whole thing -

He added: "This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

From the BBC website, my bolding.

With the benefit of hindsight? As Hot_bid said above, this isn't a case of a man cheating on his wife. This is an alleged series of vicious sexual assaults by a man in a position of trust and power abusing children placed in his care over a sustained period of time. Paterno fulfilled his basic legal requirements - fucking whoop. He knew what Sandusky had been doing, why didn't he do more to stop it? Why did he continue to work with the man? He made himself complicit along with all the others at Penn State who knew, when he chose to allow this man to keep working with kids and cover up what happened. Simply put, sexual predators have a disease. You don't just give them a slap on the wrist and let them walk away. If allowed, they will abuse again and again. Every single child that was harmed after people at Penn State knew about Sandusky's activities should be on their consciences, because it's their fault as well. Sadly it seems that there are people in the world that consider football and reputation to be a higher priority than dealing with sexual abuse and its victims.

It's just a fucking sports team, for God's sake. Was it worth it?
You live the life you choose.
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
November 10 2011 06:30 GMT
#77
I don't get why they wouldn't have insta cracked down on this guy. It would make them look responsible for getting it stopped right away. Its not like you can blame a company/university w/e for hiring someone who appears normal because its something that no one knows about until a child speaks out or he is caught. This just makes it soooo much worse to cover it up. It doesn't make sense to me to cover this up to "protect the team". It makes more sense that he was close to the people there so they were protecting someone they liked.
Never Knows Best.
Slaughter
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States20255 Posts
November 10 2011 06:32 GMT
#78
On November 10 2011 15:22 Sanctimonius wrote:
As a Brit I'm outside of the football bubble, so I don't have any prior feelings about either of these guys - I'd never heard of them until about ten minutes ago. But on thing really got me, looking at what Paterno said about this whole thing -

He added: "This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

From the BBC website, my bolding.

With the benefit of hindsight? As Hot_bid said above, this isn't a case of a man cheating on his wife. This is an alleged series of vicious sexual assaults by a man in a position of trust and power abusing children placed in his care over a sustained period of time. Paterno fulfilled his basic legal requirements - fucking whoop. He knew what Sandusky had been doing, why didn't he do more to stop it? Why did he continue to work with the man? He made himself complicit along with all the others at Penn State who knew, when he chose to allow this man to keep working with kids and cover up what happened. Simply put, sexual predators have a disease. You don't just give them a slap on the wrist and let them walk away. If allowed, they will abuse again and again. Every single child that was harmed after people at Penn State knew about Sandusky's activities should be on their consciences, because it's their fault as well. Sadly it seems that there are people in the world that consider football and reputation to be a higher priority than dealing with sexual abuse and its victims.

It's just a fucking sports team, for God's sake. Was it worth it?


I don't think it really had much to do with football and more to do with protecting some guy who was apart of their lil club.
Never Knows Best.
iSometric
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
2221 Posts
November 10 2011 06:46 GMT
#79
I wanted to feel bad for Paterno, but I can't ignore the monstrosity that he did in not doing what he should've done...
strava.com/athletes/zhaodynasty
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-10 07:30:31
November 10 2011 07:19 GMT
#80
On November 10 2011 14:53 Hawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2011 14:49 thReNody wrote:
On November 10 2011 14:44 feanor1 wrote:
If you fired Paterno how does McQuery keep his job? And I really don't see how you don't fire the entire staff, they have all been there for 10-30 yrs, anything JoePa knew about they likely knew as well


This is something that a lot of people (myself included) are confused about. Sandusky is out on bail until December and McQueary/Curley are still on the Penn State payroll.


Every single one should be gone. I would say I feel bad about the players who had nada to do with this, until there were those reports of seniors not wanting to play saturday in protest. To which I say scrap every fucking thing.

On the positive side, this thing allows me to quickly pick out idiots on my facebook feed!



Yeah. I'm really in favor of the NCAA giving Penn State the "death penalty" that they gave SMU. This is even worse than what SMU did. And like Hot_Bid said, they covered this up for 10 years. 10 years, and none of them questioned themselves on why a child molester is still running around campus? Really?

http://espn.go.com/blog/poynterreview/post/_/id/168/espn-stumbles-with-penn-state-coverage

Pretty good article from ESPN's Ombudsmen on the network's failures, mainly about their Monday and Tuesday coverage.


On November 10 2011 15:11 discodancer wrote:
I don't understand why you guys mourn the school itself like it's dropped value. Unless you are in a sports program or a fan of football - why would this even affect you? I'm disgusted by the way some students act about it today, but in 10 years no one is going to look at your diploma and say "oh that's the rapist domain" or w/e. I'm sure half the students don't even give a fuck about sports just like everywhere else and this incident is just a sick weird incident to them, no more than that.



I agree with this as well. I was a student at USC during the early Pete Carroll years, graduated around the time of the split national championship with LSU. Maybe it's because I was usually grouped with international students (USC has a lot of international students) but people didn't care as much about football as outsiders might think. There were plenty of times when the library was packed and we were having group meetings when the football game was going on.

A couple of years or so after I graduated, I completely stopped caring. I'm very proud of the academics. The football barely exists as far as I'm concerned. About the only thing remaining is the football got me interested in the NFL, even though I have no team allegiance.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 37 38 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft309
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta78
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft487
PiGStarcraft309
RuFF_SC2 205
SpeCial 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 72
Hyuk 51
Stork 41
Bale 15
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
Counter-Strike
taco 427
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox772
C9.Mang0323
Westballz27
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor625
Other Games
summit1g9678
Coldzera 806
JimRising 606
Sick118
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS33
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick750
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota248
League of Legends
• Lourlo1081
• Stunt347
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 51m
Online Event
6h 51m
FEL
11h 51m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.