• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:08
CEST 21:08
KST 04:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9403 users

Memrise: Learning languages with a game approach - Page 66

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 69 Next
Greenei
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany1754 Posts
December 19 2012 15:33 GMT
#1301
Someone should create a Starcraft II course or all my korean will be useless.
IMBA IMBA IMBA IMBA IMBA IMBA
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
December 20 2012 12:42 GMT
#1302
They still haven't fixed the Kanji courses, have they?
I'm testing those like once a week to see if it's back to normal.

But yeah I agree they kept fixing and I really like the new page except for those 2 really annoying things:
  • Kanji courses being retarded right now
  • You can't check on old vocabulary you already learned by clicking on it anymore if I'm not mistaken


Wish they'd change that. It's probably minor things though and I guess I'm the only one who wants the 2nd one so desperately :p
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
December 20 2012 12:45 GMT
#1303
Starting to get a little better now, I had about a month off and can see they're making progress on fixes.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-20 12:48:03
December 20 2012 12:47 GMT
#1304
I really wish they would fix the kanji courses indeed . Right now Im just learning em using the imiwa app (so recommended, greatest app ever (its for japanese tho not chinese)) and just writing em down with meanings and pronunciations. Which is great for learning stroke order though. But you figure that out after a while anyways and memrise makes me remember them alot quicker.
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-20 16:18:07
December 20 2012 16:16 GMT
#1305
What's wrong with the kanji courses? I might have permissions to fix them depending on what it is. They fixed the bug that made you have to type in every reading already; I thought that was the main problem.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
MasterOfChaos
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Germany2896 Posts
December 20 2012 17:58 GMT
#1306
For me the two things that break my kanji courses are:
1) Lack of ignore button. It now asks me to enter kanji readings, which I don't want to learn in that form.
2) My different courses have serious overlap, and they idiotically abolished progress sharing between courses.
LiquipediaOne eye to kill. Two eyes to live.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-20 20:36:14
December 20 2012 20:29 GMT
#1307
On December 21 2012 01:16 ShadowDrgn wrote:
What's wrong with the kanji courses? I might have permissions to fix them depending on what it is. They fixed the bug that made you have to type in every reading already; I thought that was the main problem.

If that's fixed it's fine for me I guess.
As mentioned I usually check them like once a week and last time I checked they seemed to still have the problem with forcing you to type in every single reading.

Going to test it. Thanks for the info :p

Yeah and like someone else recently said I don't really like learning Kanji on memrise that much because of the information overflow when doing it on memrise (don't know if it's actually better the way it's know with seperated cards for checking the reading and how the kanji looks, might actualy be). I really like sitting down with a pen, a paper and writing them down myself. Helps me memorize way easier but memrise is a great source for information to get stuff to learn in the first place.

Edit: It actually is fixed.
\o/ Yeha \o/
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
hpty603
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States262 Posts
December 20 2012 21:08 GMT
#1308
TL-Lobo is my name on there and I'm learning Italian, at the moment. I was doing Latin and Ancient Greek but I figured that I'd be better off just learning Italian on Memrise considering I'll have my dictionaries for Latin/Greek if I need them :p
I only play 2v2 to see how much of the map I can turn purple ~ Jinro
Cook
Profile Joined May 2011
France130 Posts
December 21 2012 08:57 GMT
#1309
On December 19 2012 19:05 ShadowDrgn wrote:
Just wanted to bump this to say that they've been fixing things like crazy over the last two weeks. Memrise 1.0 is actually looking pretty good now. The old courses that were copied over from beta are still kind of wonky in some respects, but the new course creation options are so much more flexible than they used to be.


Agreed.

The only thing that's still annoying is the lack of distinction between nouns, verbs and adjectives (I'm learning spanish). Plus you can't plant loads of words anymore, you have to get them 5 by 5 to 100%, instead of slowy growing them all.

I also miss global leaderboard where you could just type a TL- and see the whole TL community...


ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
December 23 2012 07:58 GMT
#1310
Has anyone been able to access Memrise lately? I get a 502 Bad Gateway error...
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
spangled
Profile Joined March 2012
United States24 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 10:48:32
December 23 2012 10:47 GMT
#1311
Hey ShadowDrgn. I'm currently on it and it works for me but when I click on your name on my Mempal's list it takes me to a 502 Bad Gateway Page. Perhaps you can try upgrading your 502 Gateways to Warp Gates? ha ha ha sorry bad joke ;( hope things gets fixed on your side soon.
I am the Master of My Fate: I am the Captain of My Soul. William Ernest Henley
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
December 23 2012 20:41 GMT
#1312
Apparently the new ignore feature doesn't play nice with people who have large numbers of words (due to overlap I have nearly 20k). At least I can still use the site and water plants as long as I avoid memrise.com/home.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
December 23 2012 21:20 GMT
#1313
On December 24 2012 05:41 ShadowDrgn wrote:
Apparently the new ignore feature doesn't play nice with people who have large numbers of words (due to overlap I have nearly 20k). At least I can still use the site and water plants as long as I avoid memrise.com/home.

You mean you are using the old site?
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Tarot
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada440 Posts
December 24 2012 23:34 GMT
#1314
Is there a way to do "Plant more" like in the old version? Right now, it's an incredible pain in the ass to just scroll to the bottom and find the words that I need to do.
robjapan
Profile Joined April 2011
Japan104 Posts
January 20 2013 05:43 GMT
#1315
Looks like the new website is finally looking good, it was very shaky there for a few weeks as they went from the beta to the new site.

I had to quit the JLPT N5 and N4 courses I did on the beta and start the new courses though. I would not recommend continuing to use a beta course.
Cheese is only cheese when you lose, when you win it's a valid tactic
Ataraxia
Profile Joined August 2010
United States73 Posts
February 11 2013 10:23 GMT
#1316
Just started seriously putting forth some effort into learning Japanese. Some of the answers are a little buggy but still a great tool.

TL-Pilipinoguy2k
"I still remember every note of that music that wandered out into the still night air. The only thing is... I can't remember how to play it anymore..." - Kevin Arnold, The Wonder Years
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
February 14 2013 14:54 GMT
#1317
The 100 basic Japanese words is really screwing me over. Despite getting everything right, I keep getting 0 percent. Whenever I would go to the result screen, it would give a percentage and suddenly go down to zero Oh well, thank God I found better courses.

Also, for someone who knows no German at all, what is a good course to start?
Vilanoil
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany47 Posts
April 12 2013 14:23 GMT
#1318
Well I have to practice some vocabulary for my final English exams and i also want to improve my Croatian skills so i started to learn at Memrise again.

I already had an account so i just changed my nick add me to the list: TL-Vilanoil
:D
Frolossus
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4779 Posts
April 16 2013 00:05 GMT
#1319
TL-Frolossus
using this to prep for German IB exam and japanese
FractalsOnFire
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1756 Posts
June 17 2013 17:46 GMT
#1320
Is the TL- tag still relevant? Anyway TL-fractalsonfire, learning japanese.
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2011
RotterdaM977
TaKeTV 389
IndyStarCraft 191
SteadfastSC126
ZombieGrub96
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2011
RotterdaM 977
IndyStarCraft 191
MaxPax 181
RuFF_SC2 133
SteadfastSC 126
ZombieGrub96
UpATreeSC 66
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2942
Shuttle 561
Dewaltoss 104
910 74
Zeus 70
Mind 68
ToSsGirL 20
Bale 15
Dota 2
qojqva3542
Counter-Strike
fl0m6159
pashabiceps1275
Fnx 667
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4327
Liquid`Hasu471
Other Games
Beastyqt775
ceh9450
mouzStarbuck396
C9.Mang0152
ToD102
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 121
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• Eskiya23 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie790
• Shiphtur306
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 53m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 53m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.