• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:38
CEST 19:38
KST 02:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8043 users

Memrise: Learning languages with a game approach - Page 67

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 Next
Cook
Profile Joined May 2011
France130 Posts
June 18 2013 19:31 GMT
#1321
On June 18 2013 02:46 FractalsOnFire wrote:
Is the TL- tag still relevant? Anyway TL-fractalsonfire, learning japanese.


Following you.

Here the list of all the TL members I have found. If you're not in there, it'be nice to say it; the more active people on the leaderboard, the more i'm motivated.

+ Show Spoiler +
Carboneum
Krisprolls
Perfi
ST-TL_BOMBER
TL_FluXxxx
TL_Jragon
TL_RedStar
TL-13b
TL-Aayoisho
TL-ABetterDay
TL-Acechi
TL-Adam
TL-Alethios
TL-Alisera
TL-aLv
TL-AmericanUmlaut
TL-AngelLock
TL-antiRW
TL-Anyone
TL-Apeiron
TL-aQuaSC
TL-Arcades
TL-Aristodemus
TL-Asday
TL-Astroorion
TL-ATHFShake
TL-Atlan
TL-AtomCannister
TL-Axieoqu
TL-Azza
TL-Azzur
TL-Babyfactory
TL-Bard
TL-BearSandwich
TL-BenKen
TL-BiDtH
TL-BlackTea
TL-Blacktion
TL-Bladgrim
TL-Blaine
TL-Bobbias
TL-Brindled
TL-Bwall
TL-camel
TL-cantdance
TL-Canus
TL-Cascade
TL-CatInTheHat
TL-Cephiro
TL-Chili
TL-ChoJJa
TL-Chuggles
TL-Clow
TL-Colour
TL-Cook
TL-Cramsy
TL-CraZyWayne
TL-Criss
TL-Delany
TL-Divereth
TL-djinftw
TL-droxe
TL-DrTjEckleburg
TL-drunkenJedi
TL-DueLeR
TL-Dullahan
TL-Emergency
TL-EunWoo
TL-Figz
TL-FILM
TL-FoFLoL
TL-forgotten
TL-fractalsonfire
TL-Freedom
TL-freehatch
TL-Frolossus
TL-fuhrmaaj
TL-Fusil
TL-gAOxI
TL-ghost
TL-GLiTCH
TL-goneim
TL-hedges
TL-HotShizz
TL-hypercube
TL-InDaHouse
TL-Ios
TL-iplayBANJO
TL-IU
TL-Iyerbeth
TL-Jacobe
TL-jesushooves
TL-Johnzee
TL-jonsaboy
TL-Kaiwa
TL-Killbydeath
TL-Kinetik_Inferno
TL-Kjellstroem
TL-Kralle
TL-LaDilettante
TL-LanTAs
TL-Latedi
TL-legofranak
TL-lifegiver
TL-Lio
TL-Loving.Memory
TL-Luddff
TL-m4AC
TL-Marahow
TL-Mathematics
TL-MemenTo
TL-Mercadia
TL-mewvolk
TL-mjow
tl-moon777
TL-Moonbard
TL-mordek
tl-mrchance
TL-mstarz
TL-NDDseer
TL-Nemesis
TL-Ni7E
TL-njoobee
TL-Norgaard
TL-NotDeadJustSlob
TL-Okarin
TL-Orange
TL-Otter
TL-Pandaling
TL-Pandaz
TL-Paperplane
TL-Phenny
TL-Phineas
TL-Phyren
TL-PikaChu
TL-Pilipinoguy2k
TL-pRo9aMeR
TL-puosu
TL-qrs
TL-Quails
TL-quirinus
TL-R3m3mb3rM3
TL-Raddmiral
TL-Radim
TL-rarkon
TL-REminenz
TL-Rimstalker
TL-Rkie
TL-RobWalsh
TL-saidypoo
TL-SatelliteEyes
TL-sauererapfel
tl-sebluy
TL-seenster
TL-SeinGalton
TL-ShadowDrgn
TL-simmyb
TL-Skygrinder
TL-Slectra
TL-Slurgi
TL-snpnx
TL-solidbebe
TL-Spangled
TL-SSH
TL-Stas
TL-StillRooney
TL-Subztance
TL-Suc
TL-sunday
TL-Superiorwolf
TL-Sverigevader
TL-SwAMi
TL-SweetFaceCake
TL-Swilvan
TL-sword
TL-Talafar
TL-Tanner
TL-terranluser
TL-TheAmazombie
TL-TheUltimate
TL-Tiamat
TL-Toad
TL-Traceback
TL-Tribu
TL-Truth
TL-tufas
TL-Vandroy
TL-Venom-BRA
TL-Vforce
TL-Vilanoil
TL-Void
TL-wollhandkrabbe
TL-x2mirko
TL-Xalorian
TL-Ximeng
TL-yenticha
TL-yisunshine
TL-zag
TL-ZergZoul
TL-ZeroChrome
TLArnold
TLconTAgi0n
tldead9
TLshoog
ToivoVaje
uniq
YouthSC
ZZSmufa


Since i'm following everyone in this list, it may be easier to go on my profile and to follow every people i follow.
.Aar
Profile Joined September 2010
2177 Posts
June 18 2013 20:33 GMT
#1322
Coolcoolcool. Needed a way to try to hold on to what little Japanese I learned until classes start up again. TL-Aar
now run into the setting sun, and suffer, but don't mess up your hair.
aicaramba
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands110 Posts
July 30 2013 11:40 GMT
#1323
Im using memrise aswell, to learn spanish.. Nick is aicaramba.

Im also using duolingo to improve on my grammar.. Are there any other websites which are helpful for learning a new language?
[]Phase[]
Profile Joined September 2010
Belgium927 Posts
July 30 2013 11:51 GMT
#1324
Im TL-Aayoisho. Feel free to add me, but lately I've been studying grammar, so I'm not as active anymore.
Badfatpanda
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States9719 Posts
July 30 2013 12:44 GMT
#1325
On June 19 2013 05:33 .Aar wrote:
Coolcoolcool. Needed a way to try to hold on to what little Japanese I learned until classes start up again. TL-Aar


Do you find it helpful? I checked it out back when the OP was created for learning Japanese but nixed it because it didn't show Kanji or kana in the examples and words, only romaji. Does it get any better?
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. -Beethoven | Mech isn't a build, it's a way of life. -MajOr | Charlie.Sheen: "What is sarcastic, kids who have no courage to fight?" | #TerranPride #yolo #swag -Naama after 2-0'ing MC at HSC VI
Growiel
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (South)363 Posts
July 30 2013 13:03 GMT
#1326
I didn't know about the TL- prefix when I started, but you can find me on Memrise under "Growiel".

Currently learning Korean.
StarCraft II for ever.
FractalsOnFire
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1756 Posts
July 30 2013 14:05 GMT
#1327
On July 30 2013 21:44 Badfatpanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 05:33 .Aar wrote:
Coolcoolcool. Needed a way to try to hold on to what little Japanese I learned until classes start up again. TL-Aar


Do you find it helpful? I checked it out back when the OP was created for learning Japanese but nixed it because it didn't show Kanji or kana in the examples and words, only romaji. Does it get any better?


Depends on which 'course' you choose. Certain Kanji courses make you do both Kana and Kanji.
Mefano
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden190 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-30 14:19:00
July 30 2013 14:18 GMT
#1328
Im TL-Mefano and I'm learning Spanish at the moment :-)
Yo
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-30 14:33:16
July 30 2013 14:32 GMT
#1329
On July 30 2013 21:44 Badfatpanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 19 2013 05:33 .Aar wrote:
Coolcoolcool. Needed a way to try to hold on to what little Japanese I learned until classes start up again. TL-Aar


Do you find it helpful? I checked it out back when the OP was created for learning Japanese but nixed it because it didn't show Kanji or kana in the examples and words, only romaji. Does it get any better?

I stopped using memrise quite some time ago and went with Anki instead but as far as I recall I've never actually seen romaji displayed on memrise (exception: the very early "let's learn the kana" courses and tips created by users). I heard they used to support romaji quite some time ago before they had proper kana support. Romaji support as in: so that you can type it in and they probably still do support it but it's greatly recommended to write using Kana/Kanji somewhere in there, so I doubt you'll find romaji.

As for Kanji depends on the course I guess. What I took from the early beginners levels before switching to Anki is that they'll check for Kana when you're supposed to type something but do show Kanji in the top right corner when typed in correctly. I don't think I had to type in kanji, mostly a "click the Kanji picture" when Kanji was checked if I recall correctly.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Badfatpanda
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States9719 Posts
July 31 2013 00:19 GMT
#1330
On July 30 2013 23:32 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2013 21:44 Badfatpanda wrote:
On June 19 2013 05:33 .Aar wrote:
Coolcoolcool. Needed a way to try to hold on to what little Japanese I learned until classes start up again. TL-Aar


Do you find it helpful? I checked it out back when the OP was created for learning Japanese but nixed it because it didn't show Kanji or kana in the examples and words, only romaji. Does it get any better?

I stopped using memrise quite some time ago and went with Anki instead but as far as I recall I've never actually seen romaji displayed on memrise (exception: the very early "let's learn the kana" courses and tips created by users). I heard they used to support romaji quite some time ago before they had proper kana support. Romaji support as in: so that you can type it in and they probably still do support it but it's greatly recommended to write using Kana/Kanji somewhere in there, so I doubt you'll find romaji.

As for Kanji depends on the course I guess. What I took from the early beginners levels before switching to Anki is that they'll check for Kana when you're supposed to type something but do show Kanji in the top right corner when typed in correctly. I don't think I had to type in kanji, mostly a "click the Kanji picture" when Kanji was checked if I recall correctly.


Ah, cool, thanks a bunch!
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. -Beethoven | Mech isn't a build, it's a way of life. -MajOr | Charlie.Sheen: "What is sarcastic, kids who have no courage to fight?" | #TerranPride #yolo #swag -Naama after 2-0'ing MC at HSC VI
Catch]22
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden2683 Posts
July 31 2013 00:20 GMT
#1331
Doing HSK1 Mandarin on memrise, seems pretty well thought out. I like it.
Mzimzim
Profile Joined June 2011
United States221 Posts
August 02 2013 02:07 GMT
#1332
TL-Mzimzim. Learning deutsch!
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-03 17:54:57
August 03 2013 17:54 GMT
#1333
How do you find people to follow?

TL-29fps (Japanese and Korean)
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
Rowa
Profile Joined July 2010
Belgium962 Posts
August 20 2013 19:51 GMT
#1334
I've actually been around for a while on Memrise under TL-Rowa, learning mostly Japanese ( They could indeed use some Romaji support ) and some utility stuff ( country capitals etc ), it is always fun to cross roads with another TL- tagged member on a mem, and it looks like quite a bit of normal users wonder what are these strange TL people, who all seem to have an interest in Korean courses.

I've yet to see another large and active " Tag Clan" on the website. I knew we were legion, but after stumbling by chance on TL-Cook's follow list, we're indeed quite a crowd there !

Never got around to add myself in the list on this thread, so here I am ,)
♞ To obtain a bird's eyes is to turn a blizzard to a breeze ♞
Cook
Profile Joined May 2011
France130 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-24 11:25:02
August 24 2013 08:35 GMT
#1335
I'm back from a long pause on memrise. I've added alot of TLers by adding newcomers and roamingthrough mempal profiles searching for TL members. So now we're 250+ here.

http://www.memrise.com/user/TL-Cook/mempals/following/

Edit : By the way, you can change your username in the Settings and add the powerful TL- tag which will help you remember anything four times better.
Cracy
Profile Joined October 2011
Poland221 Posts
August 24 2013 09:00 GMT
#1336
Added an account before noticing this tread. Cracy in Memrise as well. Learning german :D
Great site.




Damn. I had holidays... Planty of vocabulary to water....
Oderint dum probent
GreenGringo
Profile Joined July 2013
349 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-24 21:25:39
August 24 2013 18:57 GMT
#1337
I tried this thing briefly and it seems silly.

You have to go through several stages to learn a single word. The information dedication to that single word is excessive.

Rosetta Stone seems much better.

Edit: However, I tried the Chinese characters course and for that purpose it seems great. The tones are often wrong in the sounds associated with the words, but it's helpful to have the visual and audible information all conveniently in the one package. The mnemonics are pretty good as well.
aicaramba
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands110 Posts
September 02 2013 19:41 GMT
#1338
I cannot seem to reach the memrise website anymore. Does anyone else have this problem?

I started doing less with memrise. Im trying to learn spanish, but learning words alone is not enough.
At the moment i am focusing more on duolingo, which focuses more on grammar. It helps me to learn how to speak spanish a lot better, rather than just learning me words.
TheKwas
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Iceland372 Posts
September 03 2013 10:20 GMT
#1339
Memrise doesn't work on my chrome either. Keeps popping up to an ad site. Works on IE tho (so slllooooow tho)
PanzerElite
Profile Joined May 2012
540 Posts
September 03 2013 14:47 GMT
#1340
Holy, I'm so glad to have found this. TY TL!! :D
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2411
RotterdaM729
TaKeTV 208
IndyStarCraft 183
BRAT_OK 87
ZombieGrub19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2411
RotterdaM 729
ByuN 339
IndyStarCraft 183
MaxPax 142
BRAT_OK 87
UpATreeSC 57
ZombieGrub19
MindelVK 15
RuFF_SC2 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3424
Shuttle 852
Mini 462
EffOrt 405
Rush 180
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 95
910 75
Zeus 71
Shinee 64
[ Show more ]
HiyA 55
hero 54
Bale 25
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 11
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2809
Counter-Strike
fl0m4876
pashabiceps865
Fnx 721
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2513
Other Games
singsing2169
Beastyqt689
ceh9673
mouzStarbuck189
XaKoH 128
QueenE66
Trikslyr60
C9.Mang039
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 102
• StrangeGG 30
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV110
Other Games
• imaqtpie434
• Shiphtur270
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 22m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 22m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.