• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:01
CEST 21:01
KST 04:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9494 users

Memrise: Learning languages with a game approach - Page 69

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69
0x64
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Finland4646 Posts
April 04 2015 20:13 GMT
#1361
I was learning last summer some Irish ! It's pretty addictive and fast to learn, but at some point, the format of the courses didn't bring enough new stuff.
Dump of assembler code from 0xffffffec to 0x64: End of assembler dump.
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
April 04 2015 21:01 GMT
#1362
If the groups end up being better per-language rather than one TL group then I don't mind setting up a TL-Korean group. Let me know what you work out.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
GTo7_Panda
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany68 Posts
April 05 2015 23:47 GMT
#1363
@ Rimstalker: I'm TL-Pandaling.

I would suggest having one TL-group for learning with memrise in general and additional language-specific groups.

As for me: Please go ahead Birdie:D
Sycamore
Profile Joined January 2013
204 Posts
April 07 2015 15:56 GMT
#1364
Just picked this up to start learning spanish and to help with my upcoming spanish course; seems fun so far =)

I'm TL-Sycamore - feel free to follow
Ban the Tree 2013
EmKey
Profile Joined December 2002
Korea (South)631 Posts
April 09 2015 14:40 GMT
#1365
I'm EmKey on memrise. Im learning korean and brushing up my english.
You could make korean group it would be very motivating to see fellow tlers do better than myself b/c im pretty lazy.
불놀이야
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-09 21:28:34
April 09 2015 21:20 GMT
#1366
+ Show Spoiler [Click this to join group] +
www.memrise.com
here's the TL Korean group. Let me know what courses you study and I will add them to the list (and perhaps remove ones that no one uses).
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
meatpudding
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia520 Posts
April 10 2015 07:50 GMT
#1367
On April 10 2015 06:20 Birdie wrote:
+ Show Spoiler [Click this to join group] +
www.memrise.com
here's the TL Korean group. Let me know what courses you study and I will add them to the list (and perhaps remove ones that no one uses).



Joined.

I've been using Integrated Korean and it's ok. Some of the vocabulary choices are questionable. It seems to be most useful if you plan on studying or teaching in Korea, as a majority of the words are school and study related. Also, it teaches vocabulary only. It does cover what the particles are, but not how to use them in a sentence. There is no grammar whatsoever.

If there's a better course on memrise I would gladly give it a look.
Be excellent to each other.
EmKey
Profile Joined December 2002
Korea (South)631 Posts
April 10 2015 11:55 GMT
#1368
On April 10 2015 06:20 Birdie wrote:
+ Show Spoiler [Click this to join group] +
www.memrise.com
here's the TL Korean group. Let me know what courses you study and I will add them to the list (and perhaps remove ones that no one uses).

Joined

Im learning http://www.memrise.com/course/39704/topik-korean-vocabulary-list/
Its for TOPIK exam which i will probably never take but i tought it would give me some direction.
불놀이야
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
April 10 2015 13:57 GMT
#1369
Joined.

So far I have been using this course, it has pretty decent vocab choice in my opinion

http://www.memrise.com/course/150816/howtostudykoreancom-unit-1-2/
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
August 12 2015 23:04 GMT
#1370
Almost forgot about this. What I didn't forget is about 80% of the basic Finnish that I learned before I left. Which admittedly is like 50 words but I remembered those 50 words!

Guess it works. They have an app now too.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Hot_Ice
Profile Joined January 2013
139 Posts
August 15 2015 00:37 GMT
#1371
--- Nuked ---
Cook
Profile Joined May 2011
France130 Posts
August 15 2015 08:07 GMT
#1372
I've recently discovered that the Speed Review feature has been added to the website (apparently it was on the apps?).
Just so you know, it makes it oh so easier to review a course abandonned along the way...

Tl_Shiga
Profile Joined January 2016
3 Posts
January 09 2016 20:19 GMT
#1373
Sorry to bump a dead thread, but I wanted to know if anyone on TL is still using Memrise. I also wanted everybody to know that for most languages there is a set with all the vocab words used at the Defense Language Institute usually separated by chapters/weeks and some even go into each day of class. I started using it again since I am here for Persian Farsi. It might be kind of hard for some people to keep up with the actual days of vocab since we usually have 35-50 words a day that we have to learn
Cook
Profile Joined May 2011
France130 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-10 19:35:58
January 10 2016 19:34 GMT
#1374
On January 10 2016 05:19 Tl_Shiga wrote:
Sorry to bump a dead thread, but I wanted to know if anyone on TL is still using Memrise. I also wanted everybody to know that for most languages there is a set with all the vocab words used at the Defense Language Institute usually separated by chapters/weeks and some even go into each day of class. I started using it again since I am here for Persian Farsi. It might be kind of hard for some people to keep up with the actual days of vocab since we usually have 35-50 words a day that we have to learn


There are still TL-ers alive on Memrise. Basically follow anyone on my mempal list to see who's still active.

http://www.memrise.com/user/TL-Cook/

Also, I have no idea what you are talking about but best of luck.
sabas123
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands3122 Posts
January 10 2016 19:40 GMT
#1375
I use it quite often on the bus, good way to pass time.
The harder it becomes, the more you should focus on the basics.
Tl_Shiga
Profile Joined January 2016
3 Posts
January 10 2016 22:54 GMT
#1376
On January 11 2016 04:34 Cook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2016 05:19 Tl_Shiga wrote:
Sorry to bump a dead thread, but I wanted to know if anyone on TL is still using Memrise. I also wanted everybody to know that for most languages there is a set with all the vocab words used at the Defense Language Institute usually separated by chapters/weeks and some even go into each day of class. I started using it again since I am here for Persian Farsi. It might be kind of hard for some people to keep up with the actual days of vocab since we usually have 35-50 words a day that we have to learn


There are still TL-ers alive on Memrise. Basically follow anyone on my mempal list to see who's still active.

http://www.memrise.com/user/TL-Cook/

Also, I have no idea what you are talking about but best of luck.


Defense Language Institute is where the US Military sends their linguists to learn a language at highschool level in 26-64 weeks from teaching teams of native speakers and is considered one of the best language schools in the world.
Growiel
Profile Joined October 2010
Korea (South)363 Posts
January 14 2016 00:54 GMT
#1377
Sadly it's not working for me. I tend to remember the words only in Memrise context and I'm unable to get them out when I actually need them...

Still loving the idea and I know it works wonders for a lot of people I know.
StarCraft II for ever.
Tl_Shiga
Profile Joined January 2016
3 Posts
January 14 2016 01:46 GMT
#1378
On January 14 2016 09:54 Growiel wrote:
Sadly it's not working for me. I tend to remember the words only in Memrise context and I'm unable to get them out when I actually need them...

Still loving the idea and I know it works wonders for a lot of people I know.


I feel like it works but you have to have reading/listening with the words in context to really remember them. Even though I am following along with a school curriculum though I have a difficult time recalling vocabulary when I need to speak since I don't practice speaking more than 30 or so minutes a day.
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-10-18 11:08:02
October 18 2018 11:06 GMT
#1379
I just followed everyone that is following Cook. That bumped me back out of the top 10 I had clawed my way into over the last year. I will try to make top 8 by the end of the year. I'm pasting the current list below. Is anyone else using Duolingo? I'd like some people to compare to there as well.

1.TL-GLiTCH 15,252,584
2.TL-RobWalsh 12,009,430
3.TL-Cook 11,486,199
4.TL-Nemesis 11,320,636
5.TL-njoobee 11,281,216
6.TL-StillRooney 8,758,862
7.TL-ShadowDrgn 8,496,306
8.TL-Aayoisho 5,868,638
9.Winner 5,824,063
10.TL-Hertzy 5,655,806
11.AntiPlaster 5,187,523
12.TL-Rimstalker 4,946,879
13.TL_FluXxxx 4,807,405
14.TL-lingucat 4,717,210
15.TL-Traceback 4,607,993
16.TL-Kaiwa 4,400,075
17.TL-Atlan 4,190,437
18.TL-aLv 4,107,851
19.tl-sebluy 3,964,686
20.Luddff 3,787,971
21.TL-TheUltimate 3,703,749
22.Perfi 3,640,912
23.TL-ZeroChrome 3,129,377
24.Axieoqu 2,855,869
25.TL-FILM 2,835,041
26.TL-Quails 2,595,875
27.TL-Talafar 2,549,662
28.TL-legofranak 2,440,971
29.TL-Ni7E 2,260,186
30.Steven77 2,234,586
Here be Dragons
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
January 02 2019 11:41 GMT
#1380
I didn't make top 10

top 8 on valentine's day it is then

1.TL-GLiTCH 16,143,943
2.TL-RobWalsh 12,010,290
3.TL-Cook 11,765,211
4.TL-Nemesis 11,735,943
5.TL-njoobee 11,281,216
6.TL-StillRooney 8,758,862
7.TL-ShadowDrgn 8,496,306
8.TL-Aayoisho 5,886,279
9.Winner 5,824,063
10.TL-Hertzy 5,655,806
11.TL-Rimstalker 5,409,369
12.AntiPlaster 5,187,523
13.TL_FluXxxx 4,807,405
Here be Dragons
Prev 1 67 68 69
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1868
RotterdaM944
TaKeTV 361
IndyStarCraft 208
SteadfastSC107
ZombieGrub93
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1868
RotterdaM 944
IndyStarCraft 208
MaxPax 172
RuFF_SC2 120
SteadfastSC 107
ZombieGrub85
UpATreeSC 72
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3003
Shuttle 587
Dewaltoss 102
910 75
Zeus 70
Mind 68
ToSsGirL 23
Bale 15
Dota 2
qojqva3597
Counter-Strike
fl0m6399
pashabiceps1352
Fnx 667
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4368
Liquid`Hasu442
Other Games
singsing1980
Beastyqt767
ceh9467
mouzStarbuck371
C9.Mang0138
ToD103
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 145
• StrangeGG 36
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 19
• Eskiya23 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie598
• Shiphtur267
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 59m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 59m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.