• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:17
CEST 13:17
KST 20:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7911 users

Memrise: Learning languages with a game approach - Page 52

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 69 Next
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-20 06:22:31
February 20 2012 06:19 GMT
#1021
TL-StraTos

I'm bouncing between German and French. I've studied German a lot, but it's really spotty since I stopped for a few years, and I've always toyed with the idea of learning French, so we'll see how this goes. That said, for German, this is exactly what I need and it's a fantastic and enjoyable way to learn. I remember all of my reading/grammar rules, but my vocab just died since I didn't use the language at all for two years.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
February 20 2012 08:54 GMT
#1022
I'm getting a bit confused by the stats - is that a rolling time window or something?

anyone any ideas how to easily beautify this?

This is the last 'day':

+ Show Spoiler +

1st
benwhately 
211,841
2nd
TL_FluXxxx 
208,925
3rd
TL-Phineas 
124,649
4th
TL-Rimstalker 
105,577
5th
TL-Luddff 
97,61
6th
TL-HotShizz 
86,126
7th
TL-mordek 
81,069
8th
TL-neverending 
80,481
9th
TL_RedStar 
72,895
10th
moni_tarc 
66,478
11th
TL-snpnx 
65,018
12th
TL-Talafar 
55,583
13th
TL-Quails 
49,573
14th
TL-legofranak 
41,51
15th
TL-ShadowDrgn 
40,975
16th
TL-jaehong 
36,418
17th
TL-StillRooney 
34,637
18th
TL-djinftw 
34,268
19th
TL-scintilliaSD 
32,925
20th
TL-Kaiwa 
32,249
21st
TL-SweetFaceCake 
29,721
22nd
TL-Axieoqu 
27,041
23rd
TL-Emergency 
27,039
24th
TL-ZergZoul 
26,836
25th
TL-NotDeadJustSlob 
25,605
26th
TL-Ios 
25,245
27th
TL-njoobee 
25,206
28th
TL-Kralle 
21,584
29th
TL-LaDilettante 
20,049
30th
TL-Canus 
16,468
31st
TL-SSH 
15,635
32nd
TL-Orenji 
15,424
33rd
TL-antiRW 
14,536
34th
TL-Skygrinder 
14,197
35th
TL-sword 
12,232
36th
TL-Traceback 
11,226
37th
TL-Latedi 
10,849
38th
TL-aQuaSC 
10,737
39th
TL-DrTjEckleburg 
10,674
40th
TL-Vandroy 
10,208
41st
TL-Quesadilla 
9,792
42nd
TL-mstarz 
9,355
43rd
TL-iplayBANJO 
9,285
44th
TL-cantdance 
9,202
45th
TL-drunkenJedi 
8,907
46th
TL-wollhandkrabbe 
8,512
47th
TL-RobWalsh 
8,103
48th
TL-yenticha 
7,348
49th
TL-JmCw 
6,441
50th
TL-Ni7E 
6,066
51st
TL-Venom-BRA 
6,008
52nd
TL-x2mirko 
5,667
53rd
TL-AtomCannister 
5,159
54th
TL-Tribu 
5,007
55th
TL-EunWoo 
4,59
56th
TL-Sverigevader 
4,455
57th
TL-Clow 
3,275
58th
TL-Johnzee 
3,197
59th
TL-13b 
3,09
60th
TL-Phyren 
3,047
61st
TL-Colour 
2,922
62nd
TL-rarkon 
2,799
63rd
TL-Pandaling 
2,006
64th
TL-Figz 
2,005
65th
TL-Tanner 
1,898
66th
TL-jesushooves 
1,778
67th
TL-Atlan 
1,162
68th
TL-forgotten 
840
69th
TL-Freedom 
690
70th
TL-quirinus 
634
71st
TL-FILM 
556
72nd
TL-Ximeng 
404
73rd
TL-IU 
254
74th
ThatHorse 
224
75th
TL-kitard 
200
76th
TL-pRo9aMeR 
144
77th
TL-FoFLoL 
130
78th
TL-Void 
106
79th
TL-Killbydeath 
100
80th
TL-SwAMi 
100
81st
TL-Mercadia 
100
82nd
TL-Truth 
100
83rd
tl-moon777 
100
84th
TL-Pandaz 
100
85th
TL-LanTAs 
100
86th
TL-sunday 
100
87th
TL-puosu 
100
88th
TL-simmyb 
100
89th
TL-Chili 
100
90th
TLconTAgi0n 
92
91st
TL-Vforce 
92
92nd
TLArnold 
78
93rd
TL-Dullahan 
68
94th
TL-mewvolk 
8
95th
TL-Paperplane 
6
96th
TL-BOMBERWINCODESPLEASE 
4
97th
TL-CraZyWayne 
2
98th
TL-Fusil 
2
99th
TL-R3m3mb3rM3 
0
100th
TL-Ironchef 
0
101st
TL-freehatch 
0
102nd
TL_Jragon 
0
103rd
TL-Rkie 
0
104th
TL-Superiorwolf 
0
105th
TL-zag 
0
106th
TL-saidypoo 
0
107th
TL-NDDseer 
0
108th
TL-terranluser 
0
109th
TL-hedges 
0
110th
TL-CatInTheHat 
0
111th
TL-PikaChu 
0
112th
TL-TheAmazombie 
0
113th
TL-SeinGalton 
0
114th
TL-InDaHouse 
0
115th
TL-Otter 
0
116th
TL-Iyerbeth 
0
117th
TL-Tiamat 
0
118th
TL-Orange 
0
119th
TL-Xalorian 
0
120th
TL-Alisera 
0
121st
TL-Babyfactory 
0
122nd
TL-Loving.Memory 
0
123rd
TL-Suc 
0
124th
TL-Acechi 
0
125th
TL-Cascade 
0
126th
TL-camel 
0
127th
TL-yisunshine 
0

Here be Dragons
SCPhineas
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands119 Posts
February 20 2012 09:30 GMT
#1023
*blush* :3 Bronze! And I wouldn't really know how to easily make it appear better all I can think of is tabs between place, name and score, but I guess that'd take quite a while for the amount of people you have in there

@HotShizz I've thought of recording for them, but I'm not too sure. My pronounciation isn't that good (I don't articulate well).
DamnCats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1472 Posts
February 20 2012 20:01 GMT
#1024
I wish I could replace all the wasted time in Spanish classes in high school with memrise, I'd be fluent as a motherfucker.
Disciples of a god, that neither lives nor breathes.
excellionx
Profile Joined December 2010
United States85 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-20 21:32:19
February 20 2012 21:30 GMT
#1025
This is pretty addicting, using this for my Japanese

TL_Excellionx
Left4Cookies
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Denmark803 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-20 21:50:23
February 20 2012 21:50 GMT
#1026
I've been studying Korean for some time now, but I've always had a shit vocabulary. This helps a lot!

Feel free to add Left4Cookies!
Engineering's like math. But LOUDER!
Bloodhay
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada12 Posts
February 21 2012 12:21 GMT
#1027
Going for german! I would love to know what my grandpa is saying sometimes
TL-Bloodhay

Maybe make a Sc2 chat channel for each language specific to users on Memrise? To help immerse us in the language we are studying to learn even faster!
10% of the game is what happens the other 90% is how you deal with it.
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
February 21 2012 12:55 GMT
#1028
any new guy who wants to get added to my 'ladder': High-Five me (how unselfish of me ), I'm in the daily and weekly top 100.

And I think the 'ladder' right now displays your highest score ever in that particular time frame.
Here be Dragons
cydial
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States750 Posts
February 21 2012 16:24 GMT
#1029
ㅈㅈ



I was trying all week for rosetta stone to work, but this will do since I already speak korean but my grammar and vocab are not so good.
Erzz
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada184 Posts
February 22 2012 08:43 GMT
#1030
Anyone know a good free source that explains Korean grammar well? I know the alphabet, and memrise is teaching words, just need grammar :D
Rimstalker
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany734 Posts
February 22 2012 15:59 GMT
#1031
looks like they are rolling out a new ladder system.

And yes, 'laddering' motivates me quite a bit. I'm also getting to the stage now where - when my gf is asking what a certain english word means - I can shoot back the Spanish word.
Here be Dragons
lundell100
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden232 Posts
February 22 2012 16:02 GMT
#1032
This site is absolutely amazing, I'm currently learning german, aswell as doing the "SAT Vocabulary" one.
I reeeeaaally hope that they continue to invest time and money into this site, at the moment it looks like it's going to be really successful.
Left4Cookies
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Denmark803 Posts
February 23 2012 21:01 GMT
#1033
On February 22 2012 17:43 Erzz wrote:
Anyone know a good free source that explains Korean grammar well? I know the alphabet, and memrise is teaching words, just need grammar :D


http://www.talktomeinkorean.com/

Tons of lessons all the way from how you say hello/goodbye to what I assume is rather complex grammar. I've only reached lvl 2 myself so far though. Great site!

http://www.harukorean.com

From the same people of talktomeinkorean.com, but here you're able to train what you've learned in their lessons and it'll be corrected by native Korean speakers. Highly recommendable as well!
Engineering's like math. But LOUDER!
BorealisD
Profile Joined June 2011
32 Posts
February 23 2012 21:59 GMT
#1034
TL - BorealisD, been playing for months now after seeing this thread a ways back - I added a TL in front of my name to remember that

What a site!
Retgery
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1229 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 22:34:01
February 23 2012 22:17 GMT
#1035
TL-Retjery
I don't understand how the leader board works.
(German,Japanese) are there any good grammar sites or books you can recommend for either.

Edit: I got my PC to type the Hiragana and katakana, but how do you type the Kangi characters?
Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.
LiamTheZerg
Profile Joined March 2011
United States523 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-23 22:51:39
February 23 2012 22:19 GMT
#1036
I would kill for them to get an icelandic section on here.

@Retgery, i'm studying Japanese right now and if you're just beginning to study it, Genki I is the book for you.

edit-I don't suppose anyone has a site that teaches you icelandic grammar well? ;\

also, my name is LiamLiam
Jjakji | Sage | Seal | Shuttle | DongRaeGu | oGsTheSTC | Bomber | Curious | Oz
Left4Cookies
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Denmark803 Posts
February 23 2012 22:46 GMT
#1037
On February 24 2012 07:17 Retgery wrote:
TL-Retjery
I don't understand how the leader board works.
(German,Japanese) are there any good grammar sites or books you can recommend for either.


Added!

On February 24 2012 06:59 BorealisD wrote:
TL - BorealisD, been playing for months now after seeing this thread a ways back - I added a TL in front of my name to remember that

What a site!


Added!

- Left4Cookies
Engineering's like math. But LOUDER!
Ungrateful
Profile Joined August 2010
United States71 Posts
February 26 2012 04:17 GMT
#1038
TL-Ungrateful (Mandarin)

Ive been trying to learn Chinese for a while now:

Resources Ive been using:
Rossetta Stone
http://cctv.cntv.cn/lm/learningchinese/program/index.shtml (Great for learning common phrases)
A club at my University where foreign exchange students teach their language.
SCPhineas
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands119 Posts
February 27 2012 19:07 GMT
#1039
omg, it started questioning me spanish-english instead of the usual english-spanish, didn't see that coming. Thanks memrise!:D
SyDe
Profile Joined January 2011
France355 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 19:37:55
February 27 2012 19:29 GMT
#1040
TL-SyDe (Korean and English)
I just made my account but it took me like 5 mins to load the page and create my account >.<

anyway, sounds fun! thanks for sharing .
Life :(
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 597
RotterdaM127
Rex68
TKL 52
SteadfastSC47
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko320
RotterdaM 127
Rex 68
TKL 52
SteadfastSC 47
ByuN 38
Codebar 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9993
Shuttle 1411
Soulkey 801
Bisu 734
Jaedong 556
Horang2 443
Mong 399
BeSt 376
actioN 288
firebathero 231
[ Show more ]
Stork 209
Soma 208
Larva 149
Mini 143
Rush 130
Zeus 129
Last 110
Hyun 92
Pusan 84
PianO 76
Mind 71
910 70
ZerO 68
Snow 66
Free 60
sorry 57
Yoon 52
Shine 50
Shinee 37
hero 34
Sharp 31
Sexy 30
sSak 25
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 22
HiyA 21
EffOrt 19
ZergMaN 18
Hm[arnc] 11
JYJ 11
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
yabsab 7
Aegong 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe289
canceldota0
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1498
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King235
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes250
Other Games
gofns35938
singsing2016
B2W.Neo221
DeMusliM188
Pyrionflax177
KnowMe144
Livibee140
Trikslyr19
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV166
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV300
League of Legends
• Jankos1234
Other Games
• Shiphtur834
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 43m
The PondCast
22h 43m
INu's Battles
23h 43m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.