• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:51
CEST 09:51
KST 16:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9489 users

Memrise: Learning languages with a game approach - Page 38

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 69 Next
SCPhineas
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands119 Posts
November 11 2011 16:15 GMT
#741
Thanks for the fast response greg! I will point out mistakes in the discussiontab where I find them!
bardtown
Profile Joined June 2011
England2313 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 17:06:09
November 11 2011 16:51 GMT
#742
I'm having to write the pinyin almost every time now, and I just don't know any of them. Before I was very rarely making mistakes and I had 99%, now I score less than 15%. I know I will improve and get higher percentages, but learning the pinyin has none of the rewarding feel of learning the characters and meanings. Please make it so that you are asked for the definition of the character, then at least hear it pronounced before being asked the pinyin. I just can't remember them all because I was focusing on learning characters.

Also I'd like to continue being tested on definitions even when the plants are in my garden, albeit less often than when they were in the greenhouse.

TheUltimate
Profile Joined August 2011
82 Posts
November 11 2011 17:17 GMT
#743
On November 12 2011 01:51 bardtown wrote:
I'm having to write the pinyin almost every time now, and I just don't know any of them. Before I was very rarely making mistakes and I had 99%, now I score less than 15%. I know I will improve and get higher percentages, but learning the pinyin has none of the rewarding feel of learning the characters and meanings. Please make it so that you are asked for the definition of the character, then at least hear it pronounced before being asked the pinyin. I just can't remember them all because I was focusing on learning characters.

Also I'd like to continue being tested on definitions even when the plants are in my garden, albeit less often than when they were in the greenhouse.



You are still tested on definitions - just far less often than for pronunciations. If you keep getting the pronunciations wrong, you'll find pronunciation tests appear far more often than definition tests - that's the way it's supposed to work, so you get more practice at the stuff you find difficult.

As for showing the pronunciation once more before you start being tested on it, I fully agree.
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
November 11 2011 17:21 GMT
#744
Hey this sounds pretty cool i basically gave up 2nd language after High school but now maybe i'll try learning italian :D
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
bardtown
Profile Joined June 2011
England2313 Posts
November 11 2011 17:23 GMT
#745
On November 12 2011 02:17 TheUltimate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2011 01:51 bardtown wrote:
I'm having to write the pinyin almost every time now, and I just don't know any of them. Before I was very rarely making mistakes and I had 99%, now I score less than 15%. I know I will improve and get higher percentages, but learning the pinyin has none of the rewarding feel of learning the characters and meanings. Please make it so that you are asked for the definition of the character, then at least hear it pronounced before being asked the pinyin. I just can't remember them all because I was focusing on learning characters.

Also I'd like to continue being tested on definitions even when the plants are in my garden, albeit less often than when they were in the greenhouse.



You are still tested on definitions - just far less often than for pronunciations. If you keep getting the pronunciations wrong, you'll find pronunciation tests appear far more often than definition tests - that's the way it's supposed to work, so you get more practice at the stuff you find difficult.


Ah okay, that's perfect then.
flothere
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany55 Posts
November 11 2011 18:05 GMT
#746
Changed my tag from TLsunday to TL-sunday, just wanna fit in ^^
Currently learning french (advanced version) and trying out korean. However I'm not sure if the ladder is going to be successful.
Did anyone make any progress with korean so far?

Memrise could be huge, if they'd expand their offers. In particular offering to learn a language in ones native language.
I do understand every english answer, however i think it messes up my head a little bit.
ther
Profile Joined January 2005
Hungary252 Posts
November 11 2011 18:06 GMT
#747
On November 11 2011 18:26 ther wrote:
What do you think, which is the best set for freshening my german vocabulary? Which one of these has voice/video help? I've tried some spanish basic set, and the spoken word was so helpful.


No one learn german?
hO?
Gyger
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway18 Posts
November 11 2011 18:14 GMT
#748
I really liked this. Maybe I wont fail German this semseter :D
DarkSider
Profile Joined June 2008
Romania66 Posts
November 11 2011 18:21 GMT
#749
Another quick bug:


In the leaderboard if you're not listed in top 100 your rank is displayed as the amount of ppl in the leaderboard (4850) instead your real rank
DarkSider
Profile Joined June 2008
Romania66 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 18:23:21
November 11 2011 18:22 GMT
#750
On November 12 2011 03:06 ther wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 18:26 ther wrote:
What do you think, which is the best set for freshening my german vocabulary? Which one of these has voice/video help? I've tried some spanish basic set, and the spoken word was so helpful.


No one learn german?


I made 3 small lessons with numbers ,day/season and colors, will try to add body parts soon.
nyczbrandon
Profile Joined January 2011
United States124 Posts
November 11 2011 19:54 GMT
#751
i trying to learn korean using this, but some of the lists either don't have pronunciation, or how to type the work on a keyboard
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 20:46:36
November 11 2011 20:00 GMT
#752
The japanese kanji one seems to have many mistakes.

It asks me a multiple choice question with a bunch of kanji, asking me what it means.

However, the answer is none of them.

After that, it shows me 1 kanji and says "Oh, that kanji was sun"... but in the question at first, there were like 5 kanjis and none of them were that one. I've learned all the kanji they've taught me, but I can't answer a multiple choice question when the question is wrong.

This has happened to me in a dozen questions now... Not really usable.

*Edit : And I disabled the writing in japanese... it was asking me to write in japanese when I don't know how to make these characters on my keyboard; it never showed me anything related to that.

*edit2 : Apparently it's the pronunciation, I had to disable that as well. I don't know how to pronounce japanese characters, not going to help me.

Feedback : We should be able to choose these things when we start. (pronunciation, writing ourselves, etc). Maybe have the option for a tutorial on how to write in another language on your keyboard as well.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
tnud
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden2233 Posts
November 11 2011 20:10 GMT
#753
I really like the concept and the site design :D
I might try this once you iron the small things out for the languages I'm interested in.
- ಠ_ಠ - | disinfect wrote: AHAHHAHAHA 2DG FUCK ME ALREADY.
Chexx
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)11232 Posts
November 11 2011 20:43 GMT
#754
Is there a possibility that i can add my already existing Vocabs from a .txt into memrise?
WriterFollow me @TL_Chexx
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
November 11 2011 21:15 GMT
#755
Loving the site so far. I know it's not comprehensive for learning a language but when it comes to learning vocab I've impressed myself with my recall and so quickly!

Keep up the good work, shows real promise!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
DarkSider
Profile Joined June 2008
Romania66 Posts
November 11 2011 21:29 GMT
#756
On November 12 2011 05:43 Chexx wrote:
Is there a possibility that i can add my already existing Vocabs from a .txt into memrise?


You can create a wordlist and add your words 1 at a time in it or import as .xls file.
pathy
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Taiwan619 Posts
November 11 2011 22:58 GMT
#757
wow this is incredibly cool :D
going to try to see how much spanish I can learn with this
Graphicscolosi suck
nyczbrandon
Profile Joined January 2011
United States124 Posts
November 12 2011 01:48 GMT
#758
Anyone know a good korean list that tells me how to type and pronounce the words
Dr. Von Derful
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States363 Posts
November 12 2011 08:24 GMT
#759
I just finished the Beginning Spanish... time to attack the Intermediate Spanish and all the word lists pertaining to verbs.

It's unbelievably convenient to have a site with "premade" flash cards and tests.
ther
Profile Joined January 2005
Hungary252 Posts
November 12 2011 09:18 GMT
#760
How many new words do you learn at a time? The system gives you seven, but you have the opportunity to learn another seven and so on...
hO?
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3569
Soma 204
Rush 193
Mong 92
Killer 89
ToSsGirL 85
Shinee 0
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss271
byalli4
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King129
Other Games
summit1g7830
WinterStarcraft591
ceh9566
olofmeister519
Happy332
dupreeh234
Sick181
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2285
League of Legends
• Stunt448
Other Games
• Shiphtur631
Upcoming Events
OSC
15h 9m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 2h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.