• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:41
CEST 05:41
KST 12:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9857 users

Memrise: Learning languages with a game approach - Page 27

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 69 Next
Ozell
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada105 Posts
November 08 2011 21:23 GMT
#521
Sign me up! TL-OzellQC
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
November 08 2011 21:30 GMT
#522
I just learned my first 100/3000 words. Won't be able to speak or such, but if I keep it up, I'll end least end up havin basic reading skills. and it's fun.

thanks for posting
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Kralle333
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark301 Posts
November 08 2011 21:30 GMT
#523
On November 09 2011 02:29 Kralle333 wrote:
thanks for all the high fives :D

TL-unknown
TL-lightterran
TL-wollhandkrabbe

And the million others :D
Nukanite - www.last.fm/user/Kraller
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 21:54:21
November 08 2011 21:39 GMT
#524
TL-GGTeMpLaR

Spanish/German/Mandarin atm
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
November 08 2011 21:41 GMT
#525
"Learning's a game, grow a language Garden"?

Hmm, that metaphor doesnt rly work.
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
Jeremyy
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada182 Posts
November 08 2011 21:42 GMT
#526
On November 09 2011 05:12 teamsolid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 04:38 Tomcattomato wrote:
On November 09 2011 04:30 teamsolid wrote:
Hmm.. should misspelling words in English be counted as wrong...?

E.g. I wrote cocoon as coccoon on the quiz and it was counted as "nearly" but still the wrong answer.


Well it is wrong isn't it, it just recognised you knew the word you were supposed to type and awarded you some points for that.

Yea but I'm not trying to learn English here... and it's not the wrong word, it's just (slightly) incorrectly spelt.


Still wrong...
Where's the pleasure in that?
SCPhineas
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands119 Posts
November 08 2011 22:38 GMT
#527
Getting a lot of highfives! :D Love you TL!
Did 73 words today with very little time invested! Sometimes I feel like I want to actually practice the words that I can harvest (because I did not really remember them), because doing the harvest thing twice makes me feel like I cheat the system (you saw the right answer not too long ago). It is really annoying that I got to learn other words (plant now), in order to have a chance to practice the harvestable words.. am I missing something here? Because I'd really like to practice the harvestable words without getting them into my garden as soon as I give the right answer once..
I know not harvesting for a while is a possibility, but from time to time new words pop up for me to harvest that I actually do want to get into my garden!
S4KuR4
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
France52 Posts
November 08 2011 22:58 GMT
#528
Hey Dude! Thank you so much for sharing this website! It looks awesome I'm going to try it right now :D 감사합니다
♥ Bomber|Mvp|MKP|MMA|Avilo|ForGG ♥ :D Sup sons! Terran power!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥
Trezeguet
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2656 Posts
November 08 2011 23:02 GMT
#529
On November 09 2011 07:38 SCPhineas wrote:
Getting a lot of highfives! :D Love you TL!
Did 73 words today with very little time invested! Sometimes I feel like I want to actually practice the words that I can harvest (because I did not really remember them), because doing the harvest thing twice makes me feel like I cheat the system (you saw the right answer not too long ago). It is really annoying that I got to learn other words (plant now), in order to have a chance to practice the harvestable words.. am I missing something here? Because I'd really like to practice the harvestable words without getting them into my garden as soon as I give the right answer once..
I know not harvesting for a while is a possibility, but from time to time new words pop up for me to harvest that I actually do want to get into my garden!

Yeah, there are ways to select which words it will be quizing you on. Go to your dashboard then click the wordlist you are using to get to the greenhouse. Then click the "more learning options" button!

TL-Trezeguet
luke3920
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom182 Posts
November 09 2011 00:08 GMT
#530
pls, there must be tons of swedes on this forum, submit some audio clips...i've heard 2 so far /sadface
Not write me more about balance, or next time i kick you ass
ulan-bat
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
China403 Posts
November 09 2011 00:25 GMT
#531
For mandarin (at least), you can choose exactly how you want to water your plants via "more learning options".

[image loading]

You can force typing tests with this, which is much more rewarding. Pronunciation tests are also very important if you're anywhere near serious in learning mandarin.
"Short games, shorts, summer weather, those things bring the heat!" - EG.iNcontroL
Ygz
Profile Joined June 2010
England370 Posts
November 09 2011 00:29 GMT
#532
This is awesome, cheers op. Currently learning Mandarin and having a blast!
Everything Newton said.
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
November 09 2011 00:36 GMT
#533
This is great, thanks for posting.

Next Step: How can I get Mandarin sounds inside my SC2 NA veersion? Blizzard?
-swordguy
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States560 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-09 00:40:56
November 09 2011 00:40 GMT
#534
On November 09 2011 09:36 Sub40APM wrote:
This is great, thanks for posting.

Next Step: How can I get Mandarin sounds inside my SC2 NA veersion? Blizzard?

This thread should explain how to do it. I used it to change the voices to korean.

Edit: helps if I put the link lol http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=161671
I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country - Nathan Hale Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once - William Shakespeare, ‘’Julius Caesar’’
rdcpohl
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada188 Posts
November 09 2011 00:40 GMT
#535
Leaderboard is stacked with TL
its quite fun. I'm taking beginner Mandarin in Uni right now, so its also nice to refresh on some vocab. Also brushing up on my french

TL-DR
rculb
Profile Joined October 2010
United States15 Posts
November 09 2011 00:53 GMT
#536
On November 09 2011 05:06 -swordguy wrote:
Is anyone else having a problem with words "wilting" but even after you do the watering thing the word still says wilting?
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Yes, this issue is becoming quite an annoyance. I have been posting in a thread on the forums on the memrise site, but no useful response yet. You can find that thread here:


http://www.memrise.com/forum/bugs/257/one-word-wont-stop-wilting/

As I posted in that thread, there seems to be some sort of bug with the timing mechanism. A number of the "watering" timings which appear in my "garden" are nonsensical.

If anyone has any temporary fixes, that would be wonderful.
13th Marine
Profile Joined January 2011
United States344 Posts
November 09 2011 01:12 GMT
#537
oGs-TL.IU (Learning Korean)
Bomber | BoxeR | Dear | Flash | fOrGG | HerO | INnoVation | Jaedong | Life | MarineKing | Maru | MMA | MVP | NaDa | Polt | Taeja
Brotatolol
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1742 Posts
November 09 2011 01:15 GMT
#538
Thanks a lot for posting this, I've been brushing up on my Spanish a bit and I'm looking to learn some Korean, too.
FILM
Profile Joined September 2010
United States663 Posts
November 09 2011 01:30 GMT
#539
On November 09 2011 02:01 Tomcattomato wrote:

Basically vocabulary are the minerals, and grammar is the gas. But you can still build some units with just the minerals.



I laughed so hard. I'm totally ingraining this analogy.
Artosis:  "It's like Detroit in there."   Tasteless:  "Lots of shootings and damaged buildings."
InDaHouse
Profile Joined May 2008
Sweden956 Posts
November 09 2011 01:34 GMT
#540
Man brain is tired now, this is so awesome. Wilting gets easier when you have repeated enough.
Stork protoss legend
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings56
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 169
PiLiPiLi 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3544
ViBE146
Bale 29
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
Counter-Strike
taco 693
Other Games
summit1g8273
JimRising 590
WinterStarcraft466
C9.Mang0292
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1015
BasetradeTV165
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP115
• davetesta29
• practicex 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1101
• Shiphtur429
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 19m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 19m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 19m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.