• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:48
CEST 00:48
KST 07:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7721 users

China Enacts Law to Stop Taiwan Secession - Page 7

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
MoltkeWarding
Profile Joined November 2003
5195 Posts
March 15 2005 18:26 GMT
#121
On March 15 2005 23:40 FeelTheMoment wrote:
By the way You may try to use other word than "Chinaman" to refer to us Chinese. If you are half intelligent as you are trying to pretend, you may already know about it.


Why should I not say it? A Chinaman is to China as an Englishman is to England and a Frenchman is to France. Really, get over the sensitivity. If you're really proud as you claim you wouldn't care what variations foreigners call you.
MoltkeWarding
Profile Joined November 2003
5195 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-03-15 18:41:12
March 15 2005 18:37 GMT
#122
On March 15 2005 23:51 Pacifist wrote:
moltkewarding, you are basing your arguments primarily on what you've observed in the western world around you and your western education

has the possibility that you're being ignorant every crossed your mind?


I don't see how I am being ignorant, nor do I even think that is a sensible phrase. And you are really making a fairly simplistic argument on a subject that you are how shall I say- ignorant of. You know nothing of my observations, nor my education, nor those experiences which contribute to those opinions which you relate to ignorance.

You are right of course in saying that my experiences and observations in the West changed my attitude toward my native race. What does that prove though, beyond what is obvious? Can it be that someone who has lived in two cultures be less capable of comparison than when he lives under one? If I am not qualified to make such comparisons, who is?

You can disagree with what I think, but to opine that my personal experiences make me less qualified to judge the matter than is proper (whoever that may be) makes absolutely no sense.
Hydrolisko
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
Vanuatu1659 Posts
March 15 2005 19:17 GMT
#123
On March 14 2005 15:38 choboPEon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2005 23:21 Hydrolisko wrote:
On March 13 2005 23:18 tiffany wrote:
On March 13 2005 23:10 Hydrolisko wrote:
jesus please.. china is too nice.. they shoulda attacked taiwan a long time ago.. now please do what you gotta do and get this issue over with. Whats USA gonna do? goto war with China over Taiwan? give me a break.


stop talking out of your ass


huh? can u give me a more intelligent response than that so I can at least reply to what you have to say?... >.<


china's too nice? why does that deserve an intelligent response?


An intelligent response it may not deserve, as I was speakin in a half-joking manner anyway. What I meant was for him to respond in a MORE intelligent way than he did with those 5 words, I can't exactly respond to "stop talking out of your ass". Instead he could perhaps explain why he thinks that way?...

any wow some long ass posts in this thread.
Silvanel
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Poland4769 Posts
March 15 2005 20:13 GMT
#124
I dont want to sound like racist. And it is not my intention to offend anyone. Of course my opinions are biased. Becouse i live in one of the cultures and i am strongly influenced by it. Well i belive that you cant call on culture superior over another. There simply is not comparison. BUt there some facts i wanted to presented. And i like to know your opinion on the matter.

How do feel with fact that you are surronded by Western culture. I bet that apart from leanguge that you are using, some cermonials in your life, objeckts of art and such things everythink you encounter is a part of western culture.
Internet, computer,electricty, cars every object made using advenced science. Matarials of which some of your cloths are made, the things you learn in phiscs and chamistry and so on. EVen the form chinsee governament is ruled. It has not chinsee orgins. Almost every thing you encounter in your life has its orgins in the west.



The fact is that eastern culture was not capeble and propably would never be capapble of making those things. Their are of western making. Even your outlock on world is strongly infulenced by the achivements of western science/culture.

I am not saying that eastern culture is somewhat worse by that. Culture cant be better or worse. I am simply asking if you recognize that fact, and how do feel about it? Knowing that you live in somme sort of mix, between west and east?
Pathetic Greta hater.
poor newb
Profile Joined April 2004
United States1879 Posts
March 15 2005 20:38 GMT
#125
On March 16 2005 05:13 Silvanel wrote:
How do feel with fact that you are surronded by Western culture. I bet that apart from leanguge that you are using, some cermonials in your life, objeckts of art and such things everythink you encounter is a part of western culture.
Internet, computer,electricty, cars every object made using advenced science. Matarials of which some of your cloths are made, the things you learn in phiscs and chamistry and so on. EVen the form chinsee governament is ruled. It has not chinsee orgins. Almost every thing you encounter in your life has its orgins in the west.


All these inventions are American origin, other Western countries have nothing to do with these.
American >>>> you.
How do you mine minerals?
Silvanel
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Poland4769 Posts
March 15 2005 20:45 GMT
#126
Poor newb. You have absolutly no idea of what you are talking about.
Pathetic Greta hater.
poor newb
Profile Joined April 2004
United States1879 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-03-15 21:04:39
March 15 2005 20:53 GMT
#127
every other western country cant even hold themselves together without american money after WWII, forget about inventing stuff
they would still living in stone age without US
actually, its been already like that after WWI
well, poor eastern europe is the exception since they just came out of stone age recently, but thats even worse
How do you mine minerals?
MoltkeWarding
Profile Joined November 2003
5195 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-03-15 21:12:29
March 15 2005 21:08 GMT
#128
On March 16 2005 05:13 Silvanel wrote:
I dont want to sound like racist. And it is not my intention to offend anyone. Of course my opinions are biased. Becouse i live in one of the cultures and i am strongly influenced by it. Well i belive that you cant call on culture superior over another. There simply is not comparison. BUt there some facts i wanted to presented. And i like to know your opinion on the matter.

How do feel with fact that you are surronded by Western culture. I bet that apart from leanguge that you are using, some cermonials in your life, objeckts of art and such things everythink you encounter is a part of western culture.
Internet, computer,electricty, cars every object made using advenced science. Matarials of which some of your cloths are made, the things you learn in phiscs and chamistry and so on. EVen the form chinsee governament is ruled. It has not chinsee orgins. Almost every thing you encounter in your life has its orgins in the west.



The fact is that eastern culture was not capeble and propably would never be capapble of making those things. Their are of western making. Even your outlock on world is strongly infulenced by the achivements of western science/culture.

I am not saying that eastern culture is somewhat worse by that. Culture cant be better or worse. I am simply asking if you recognize that fact, and how do feel about it? Knowing that you live in somme sort of mix, between west and east?


How do feel with fact that you are surronded by Western culture. I bet that apart from leanguge that you are using, some cermonials in your life, objeckts of art and such things everythink you encounter is a part of western culture.
Yes, but that does not mean I am uncritical of Western culture. I think alot of people who live in the West, who are as cynical as me about it want to imagine an exotic oriental alternative which is in many ways better. Such illusions cannot exist for me. I also find it revolting that in many instances where Asian countries imitate the West, they imitate the worst aspects of Western culture- blue jeans and punk music, military technology and pornography. Culture and civilization are two different things. It's unfortunately true that some of the least civilized aspects of western culture are being imitated. In the OGN vods, the intro music makes me kind of sad. Not that koreans would understand such things like "motherfucker" in the music, but I can't understand such things either.

My preference however stems not from an academic discussion over cultures, but private experiences with two different breeds of people. I like people here better than I like Chinamen. This to some extent has to do with their civilizing instincts. The kind of appalling barbarism and insensitivity for human dignity i've seen in China does not yet exist here. (They are appalling only in retrospect, I do not imagine that I was any different from anyone else there), neither does the oppressive atmosphere of tyranny, which is not primarily political (which is all Western people can complain about), but rooted in the very fabric of family life and daily existance.

People say China has changed since I was there last, (I have avoided every opportunity at going back), economically and so forth, but how can the mentality of a billion people change over a span of ten years? It seems to me ridiculous.
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
March 15 2005 21:48 GMT
#129
On March 16 2005 06:08 MoltkeWarding wrote:
Yes, but that does not mean I am uncritical of Western culture. I think alot of people who live in the West, who are as cynical as me about it want to imagine an exotic oriental alternative which is in many ways better. Such illusions cannot exist for me. I also find it revolting that in many instances where Asian countries imitate the West, they imitate the worst aspects of Western culture- blue jeans and punk music, military technology and pornography. Culture and civilization are two different things. It's unfortunately true that some of the least civilized aspects of western culture are being imitated. In the OGN vods, the intro music makes me kind of sad. Not that koreans would understand such things like "motherfucker" in the music, but I can't understand such things either.

My preference however stems not from an academic discussion over cultures, but private experiences with two different breeds of people. I like people here better than I like Chinamen. This to some extent has to do with their civilizing instincts. The kind of appalling barbarism and insensitivity for human dignity i've seen in China does not yet exist here. (They are appalling only in retrospect, I do not imagine that I was any different from anyone else there), neither does the oppressive atmosphere of tyranny, which is not primarily political (which is all Western people can complain about), but rooted in the very fabric of family life and daily existance.

People say China has changed since I was there last, (I have avoided every opportunity at going back), economically and so forth, but how can the mentality of a billion people change over a span of ten years? It seems to me ridiculous.


Hey..
I like bluejeans.
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
MoltkeWarding
Profile Joined November 2003
5195 Posts
March 15 2005 21:53 GMT
#130


Hey..
I like bluejeans.


Decent people wear greyjeans -_-
Silvanel
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Poland4769 Posts
March 15 2005 22:12 GMT
#131
I like punk music
Pathetic Greta hater.
Dl33ter
Profile Joined July 2003
Canada197 Posts
March 15 2005 22:13 GMT
#132
80's-style acid-washed is so the way to go.
Insert pseudo-witty comment here
gLyo
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
United States2410 Posts
March 15 2005 22:13 GMT
#133
On March 16 2005 06:53 MoltkeWarding wrote:
Show nested quote +


Hey..
I like bluejeans.


Decent people wear greyjeans -_-


blue jeans > all
http://benisonline.com
FeelTheMoment
Profile Joined August 2004
89 Posts
March 15 2005 23:36 GMT
#134
On March 16 2005 03:26 MoltkeWarding wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2005 23:40 FeelTheMoment wrote:
By the way You may try to use other word than "Chinaman" to refer to us Chinese. If you are half intelligent as you are trying to pretend, you may already know about it.


Why should I not say it? A Chinaman is to China as an Englishman is to England and a Frenchman is to France. Really, get over the sensitivity. If you're really proud as you claim you wouldn't care what variations foreigners call you.


You knew it had a racism background and you don't feel ashamed to use it given you are a Chinese yourself?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=chinaman

This kid is beyond crap.
longer_23
Profile Joined April 2004
China299 Posts
March 16 2005 00:04 GMT
#135
On March 16 2005 08:36 FeelTheMoment wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2005 03:26 MoltkeWarding wrote:
On March 15 2005 23:40 FeelTheMoment wrote:
By the way You may try to use other word than "Chinaman" to refer to us Chinese. If you are half intelligent as you are trying to pretend, you may already know about it.


Why should I not say it? A Chinaman is to China as an Englishman is to England and a Frenchman is to France. Really, get over the sensitivity. If you're really proud as you claim you wouldn't care what variations foreigners call you.


You knew it had a racism background and you don't feel ashamed to use it given you are a Chinese yourself?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=chinaman

This kid is beyond crap.


FeelTheMoment we all know it can be a very bad word but i'd rather not take what he said out of the context. I think he's trying to use the word to indicate all the chinese ethnics around the world while reserving the word Chinese for chinese citizens.
Chibi[OWNS]
Profile Joined May 2003
United Kingdom10597 Posts
March 16 2005 00:08 GMT
#136
--- Nuked ---
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-03-16 00:45:25
March 16 2005 00:10 GMT
#137
On March 16 2005 03:24 MoltkeWarding wrote:

What do you mean am I chinese? I am a citizen of Canada who was born in China. Technically I am a "hyphenated Canadian", in character I resemble neither very much.

Let me put this simply: An English speaking person can tell you about writers and books in French, German, Latin, Greek, etc. A German, French, Greek, Italian, Mexican, Japanese speaking person can tell you about writers in books in English (according to some reports, Anne of Green Gables is doing better in Japan than in Canada). No one outside China has read anything Chinese.


Why the hell would you bash your mother country the way you did? It doesn't matter what nationality you are, you are Chinese. My family immigrated to Canada when I was just eleven, and we are now Canadians. When people ask me, "Are you Chinese?" I would never say "No, I am hypenated-Canadian."

I take pride in being Chinese, unlike you. Were you ever insulted by some retarded morons at a younger age for being Chinese and so you try to deny it as much as possible: "in character I resemble neither very much"

I have news for you, if both of your parents are Chinese, it's impossible for you to look white. You'll look Chinese.

People in Singapore speak Mandarine; people in Taiwan read and write in Chinese (Taiwanese may criticize China as a nation, but they would never insult the Chinese culture). Japanese is based on Chinese - one third of their symbols is actually Chinese, and the Old Korean was also Chinese based, and I think knowing Chinese in Korea is just like knowing Latin in an English speaking country.

I don't even know what you mean by "No one outside China has read anything Chinese". This is a faulty argument, you are generalizing way too much.
Interpretation 1: What makes you think that no one outside of China has read a Chinese book?
Interpretation 2: Whenever I return to China, I bring back tons of books and read them in my spare time.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Chibi[OWNS]
Profile Joined May 2003
United Kingdom10597 Posts
Last Edited: 2005-03-16 00:18:48
March 16 2005 00:18 GMT
#138
--- Nuked ---
shizuru
Profile Joined October 2004
Japan570 Posts
March 16 2005 00:31 GMT
#139
the radio was invented with the help of several different countrymen, britain, germany, italy, and the u.s. by pooling everyones contributions: maxwell, marconi, etc. it came together in the u.s. though.

as for the television, two people are largely responsible for its invention. some russian guy who came to the u.s. and farnsworth, some mormon kid who when he was 14 wrote the basic specs that would later become the t.v. also, sarnoff was the man who brought it all together as the head of rca and i think he was from russia.

the internet, i think can be declared an american achievement. the military began arpanet, then universities began networking to other univs, email first killer app etc. worked on by many people im sure from several different countries originally, but american nonetheless.


can anyone name inventions and from what country?
FeelTheMoment
Profile Joined August 2004
89 Posts
March 16 2005 00:38 GMT
#140
On March 16 2005 09:08 Chibi[OWNS] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2005 08:36 FeelTheMoment wrote:
On March 16 2005 03:26 MoltkeWarding wrote:
On March 15 2005 23:40 FeelTheMoment wrote:
By the way You may try to use other word than "Chinaman" to refer to us Chinese. If you are half intelligent as you are trying to pretend, you may already know about it.


Why should I not say it? A Chinaman is to China as an Englishman is to England and a Frenchman is to France. Really, get over the sensitivity. If you're really proud as you claim you wouldn't care what variations foreigners call you.


You knew it had a racism background and you don't feel ashamed to use it given you are a Chinese yourself?

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=chinaman

This kid is beyond crap.


chinaman is a man who lives in china in the same way nigger is a black man with other black homies. that means it's not necessarily an insult, and if you're using our language then you must recognise that a chinaman is a man from china and i dont give a fuck if it's used as an insult anywhere else because i fucking HATE it when people judge people based on their use of language and if one more fucking word gets censored due to retards like this i'm fgoing to start shooting people and give you a real fucking problem. who the fuck feels ashamed for using a word anyway, are you really that emotionally fragile.


I thought niggar is a publicly banned word espcially when it is used to refer to a black person. It might be ok to use it as some sort of joke but I am pretty sure what you gonna get if you say it in someone's face who has a African origin.

It does not hurt my feelings whatsoever, but if I see it is used in a post full of bias against my country I feel it is my responsability to point it out. I don't really care about what he said, apparently he doesn't know very much about China or Chinese culture.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 158
ProTech140
ViBE97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12649
910 78
NaDa 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever355
canceldota135
League of Legends
Doublelift4155
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4193
Other Games
summit1g4654
C9.Mang0330
JimRising 312
Liquid`Hasu262
ToD222
PPMD33
JuggernautJason18
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• musti20045 39
• poizon28 37
• RyuSc2 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21775
League of Legends
• Scarra998
Other Games
• imaqtpie1056
• Shiphtur583
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
12m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 12m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 12m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.