• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:53
CEST 23:53
KST 06:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War335.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7845 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 18

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 28 Next All
InfestedMind
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)9 Posts
July 07 2011 08:58 GMT
#341
Currently teaching English in Korea, but I am moving back home in a month, after being here for two years.

I'm writing the LSAT October 1st, I hope to become a small-time lawyer. Ideally, I'd like to work for a firm for a few years and then establish my own small practice, and, hopefully, rise a kid. The legal market is actually good in Canada; there is only handful of law schools there, compared to America, and they all have high standards. I'm from Vancouver, but I could see myself as a small town lawyer, living a chill life. Screw all that Hollywood legal bullshit. I just want to live a simple life as a working professional and be an active member of my community.

On a side note, I would never go to law school in the US because the legal market is so incredibly grim for law school grads.
hiawatha
Profile Joined December 2010
United States120 Posts
July 07 2011 09:01 GMT
#342
Double major in Advertising and History with a Teachers' Cert.
Lambertus
Profile Joined February 2010
South Africa994 Posts
July 07 2011 09:06 GMT
#343
Intox Norway. July 07 2011 05:43. Posts 24 PM Profile Report Quote #
On July 07 2011 05:41 Lambertus wrote:
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.

Like ur quote The next plague wont be crickets, it will be SO MANY BANELINGS!

On July 07 2011 05:51 KimJongChill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 05:44 bonifaceviii wrote:
On July 07 2011 05:41 Lambertus wrote:
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.

The mental image of a clergyman owning up noobs in master's league makes me smile.


haha, you've got quite a fitting namesake as well :b


Haha, thx guys for the responses :D Yeah, most of the reactions I get when I tell what Hobby I have range from laughing, to "you are kidding, right?" or "really? me too!".
My favourite is: "you dont really look like a crazy person..."
The only known Reverend on TL playing SC2 and BW (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409226)
GarlicSauce
Profile Joined May 2007
Netherlands92 Posts
July 07 2011 09:08 GMT
#344
Working as a freelance composer and parttime at a small game company (mostly DS / 3DS and occasionally Wii games).
Final Fantasy X remix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X77a9crdyLw
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
July 07 2011 09:20 GMT
#345
Not an option for it, but I work for a charity right now, while trying to get a job in economic research in some form
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
Cubu
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1171 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 09:30:47
July 07 2011 09:29 GMT
#346
On July 07 2011 18:06 Lambertus wrote:
Show nested quote +
Intox Norway. July 07 2011 05:43. Posts 24 PM Profile Report Quote #
On July 07 2011 05:41 Lambertus wrote:
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.

Like ur quote The next plague wont be crickets, it will be SO MANY BANELINGS!

Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 05:51 KimJongChill wrote:
On July 07 2011 05:44 bonifaceviii wrote:
On July 07 2011 05:41 Lambertus wrote:
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.

The mental image of a clergyman owning up noobs in master's league makes me smile.


haha, you've got quite a fitting namesake as well :b


Haha, thx guys for the responses :D Yeah, most of the reactions I get when I tell what Hobby I have range from laughing, to "you are kidding, right?" or "really? me too!".
My favourite is: "you dont really look like a crazy person..."


omg u believe in god!!
It is quite exciting and amusing to see a person in such an atheistic site like TL.
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
July 07 2011 09:46 GMT
#347
I'm a systems consultant. I work for a small consultant company but we consult a few very big swedish companies. At the moment I work mainly with various Microsoft technologies, ASP.NET, C#, T-SQL etc, focusing on programming and development in general.

Hoping to start focus a bit more on app development for the iPhone in the near future and in a year or two start looking for jobs in Japan and Korea. Since I have a bachelor in Japanese as well as system engineering, it should hopefully not be all that tough.
Lambertus
Profile Joined February 2010
South Africa994 Posts
July 07 2011 09:48 GMT
#348
On July 07 2011 18:29 Cubu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 18:06 Lambertus wrote:
Intox Norway. July 07 2011 05:43. Posts 24 PM Profile Report Quote #
On July 07 2011 05:41 Lambertus wrote:
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.

Like ur quote The next plague wont be crickets, it will be SO MANY BANELINGS!

On July 07 2011 05:51 KimJongChill wrote:
On July 07 2011 05:44 bonifaceviii wrote:
On July 07 2011 05:41 Lambertus wrote:
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.

The mental image of a clergyman owning up noobs in master's league makes me smile.


haha, you've got quite a fitting namesake as well :b


Haha, thx guys for the responses :D Yeah, most of the reactions I get when I tell what Hobby I have range from laughing, to "you are kidding, right?" or "really? me too!".
My favourite is: "you dont really look like a crazy person..."


omg u believe in god!!
It is quite exciting and amusing to see a person in such an atheistic site like TL.


Atheistic? Really, never thought about it till now...are there some statistics about it?
The only known Reverend on TL playing SC2 and BW (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409226)
Asrathiel
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Australia377 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 09:52:57
July 07 2011 09:52 GMT
#349
On July 07 2011 18:48 Lambertus wrote:

Atheistic? Really, never thought about it till now...are there some statistics about it?


I'd be interested to know that too...

Anyways, I'm studying Library and Information Services, cos I love books, computers, knowing things, finding information and organising things ^_^
for science... you monster
Djagulingu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany3605 Posts
July 07 2011 09:54 GMT
#350
Either engineering thing or IT. My major is on electronics engineering but my current internship is more about IT.
"windows bash is a steaming heap of shit" tofucake
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
July 07 2011 09:54 GMT
#351
On July 07 2011 18:48 Lambertus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 18:29 Cubu wrote:
On July 07 2011 18:06 Lambertus wrote:
Intox Norway. July 07 2011 05:43. Posts 24 PM Profile Report Quote #
On July 07 2011 05:41 Lambertus wrote:
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.

Like ur quote The next plague wont be crickets, it will be SO MANY BANELINGS!

On July 07 2011 05:51 KimJongChill wrote:
On July 07 2011 05:44 bonifaceviii wrote:
On July 07 2011 05:41 Lambertus wrote:
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.

The mental image of a clergyman owning up noobs in master's league makes me smile.


haha, you've got quite a fitting namesake as well :b


Haha, thx guys for the responses :D Yeah, most of the reactions I get when I tell what Hobby I have range from laughing, to "you are kidding, right?" or "really? me too!".
My favourite is: "you dont really look like a crazy person..."


omg u believe in god!!
It is quite exciting and amusing to see a person in such an atheistic site like TL.


Atheistic? Really, never thought about it till now...are there some statistics about it?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=154377
quite a few. that's one of the shorter ones, most religious threads get closed because of uncivil debate.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Lambertus
Profile Joined February 2010
South Africa994 Posts
July 07 2011 09:58 GMT
#352
On July 07 2011 18:54 obesechicken13 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 18:48 Lambertus wrote:
On July 07 2011 18:29 Cubu wrote:
On July 07 2011 18:06 Lambertus wrote:
Intox Norway. July 07 2011 05:43. Posts 24 PM Profile Report Quote #
On July 07 2011 05:41 Lambertus wrote:
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.

Like ur quote The next plague wont be crickets, it will be SO MANY BANELINGS!

On July 07 2011 05:51 KimJongChill wrote:
On July 07 2011 05:44 bonifaceviii wrote:
On July 07 2011 05:41 Lambertus wrote:
I'm a Reverend from the Lutheran Church in Germany.

The mental image of a clergyman owning up noobs in master's league makes me smile.


haha, you've got quite a fitting namesake as well :b


Haha, thx guys for the responses :D Yeah, most of the reactions I get when I tell what Hobby I have range from laughing, to "you are kidding, right?" or "really? me too!".
My favourite is: "you dont really look like a crazy person..."


omg u believe in god!!
It is quite exciting and amusing to see a person in such an atheistic site like TL.


Atheistic? Really, never thought about it till now...are there some statistics about it?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=154377
quite a few. that's one of the shorter ones, most religious threads get closed because of uncivil debate.


Oh, thanks for that! Will look into it, obviously I find it interesting But lets not go deeper around here...I know that phenomenon quite well...its like discussing politics in forums...after page 4 or 5, there comes the war...
The only known Reverend on TL playing SC2 and BW (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409226)
Swwww
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Switzerland812 Posts
July 07 2011 10:00 GMT
#353
Lmao at the 14 people that voted nothing :D
"What is this TeamSupportGroup?" - mahnini.
Bagonad
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark173 Posts
July 07 2011 10:05 GMT
#354
On July 07 2011 19:00 Gfox wrote:
Lmao at the 14 people that voted nothing :D


Some of us just aspire to sit around on our asses all day.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
July 07 2011 10:10 GMT
#355
Engineering
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
July 07 2011 10:15 GMT
#356
US Air Force doing Information Technology related work. Always loved computers... so I picked it up in the military.
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
Zellabris
Profile Joined October 2009
United States43 Posts
July 07 2011 10:56 GMT
#357
I'm currently doing a cybersecuity job for my freshman year summer. Though I've always wanted to be a pianist.
Remoxing
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia24 Posts
July 07 2011 11:09 GMT
#358
Pretty fail poll tbh doesnt even have an other option. I am in the military.
Occultus
Profile Joined July 2011
Kenya138 Posts
July 07 2011 11:14 GMT
#359
Currently im working in a retirement home where i did my year of social service til my studies being in October. But despite my worries in the beginning its a very interesting and satisfying work.
"The greatest pleasure in life, is doing the things people say we cannot do."
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
July 07 2011 11:16 GMT
#360
IT and Network Tech - it is cool, but I also run a couple of blogs and play music. My dream is to run a comic shop...too bad they are a dying breed though.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
NeuroSwarm 139
Nina 103
ViBE51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13937
910 69
NaDa 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever299
canceldota113
League of Legends
Doublelift2764
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4607
Other Games
summit1g3891
fl0m1136
FrodaN954
olofmeister783
C9.Mang0327
Liquid`Hasu321
Livibee198
ToD185
UpATreeSC63
PPMD21
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
[ Show 23 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 80
• musti20045 31
• poizon28 26
• Adnapsc2 10
• RyuSc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• FirePhoenix7
• Michael_bg 5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21606
• WagamamaTV560
League of Legends
• Scarra818
Other Games
• imaqtpie1026
• Shiphtur489
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 7m
Big Brain Bouts
12h 7m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
19h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
Patches Events
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.