• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:39
CEST 03:39
KST 10:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9456 users

What do you work as, or aspire to do? - Page 17

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 28 Next All
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
July 07 2011 06:06 GMT
#321
Electrical Engineering! (yet to graduate )
Moderator<:3-/-<
forgotten0ne
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States951 Posts
July 07 2011 06:08 GMT
#322
No Military... really?
"Well it’s obvious that these Terran gamers are just extremely gifted when it comes to RTS games" -Ret, in regards to the first months of SC2
Acetyl
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia15 Posts
July 07 2011 07:04 GMT
#323
I work as a pharmaceutical patent analyst for:

www.genericsweb.com

However I have an interview for med school later this year, so fingers crossed.
Kickboxer
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Slovenia1308 Posts
July 07 2011 07:08 GMT
#324
I am a conference interpreter and freelance translator.
Smorgrel
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1 Post
July 07 2011 07:25 GMT
#325
On July 07 2011 04:11 LMPeaches wrote:
Anyone with experience studying medicine here? Hows it been so far? Is it as hard as you expected, it is worth the work if it is hard? Has the experience been what you expected?

You know, just general info



i'm about to start my final year of med school in the UK. the workload isn't nearly as bad as i thought it would be. it is definitely the volume rather than the substance of medicine that makes it challenging and then linking it together. still if you can do cramming for a couple of months before exams, then the rest of the year is quite laid back!

i'd say make sure you get some proper work experience before applying so you know what the job is actually like. also there are so many specialities,there seems to be something for everyone! just make sure you apply to a school that suits your learning style - they really vary over here by how much theory to practical you get each year, or lectures vs group learning,so work out what is best for you!
caruso
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany733 Posts
July 07 2011 07:28 GMT
#326
Aspiring to be a music and English teacher in Germany.
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
July 07 2011 07:46 GMT
#327
Screendesigner.

My absolute dreamjob and I'm working for a dream company.
Life couldn't be better.
Karakaxe
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden585 Posts
July 07 2011 07:49 GMT
#328
I pack shit and send it to people.
Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight.
emjaytron
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia544 Posts
July 07 2011 07:51 GMT
#329
Just finished an exercise science degree and got accepted into a Masters in Physiotherapy :D :D :D

So I will be fixing wonky backs/hips/knees/shoulders etc
Grubby - SaSe - Oz - Hero
Chaosvuistje
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands2581 Posts
July 07 2011 08:00 GMT
#330
Webdesign and development. Bit of Creative Arts and IT I guess?
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 08:12:00
July 07 2011 08:07 GMT
#331
Law

Not even an "other"-option in your poll...is Law really that bad?



EDIT:
On July 07 2011 10:08 bkrow wrote:
In my third year of a combined Finance and Law degree; can't decide to go into finance or go into law to many decisions to be made


BOTH of course!

Combining Finance and Law is an excellent idea, you just have to stay away from the boring stuff. I mean, if you are thinking about going into Quantitative Finance then Law might not help you that much, but if you wanna do anything related to Corporate Finance, then having solid knowledge in both subjects is necessary anyways.
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
stoat
Profile Joined May 2011
United States4 Posts
July 07 2011 08:26 GMT
#332
Meteorologist (civilian) working for the Air Force.
Barett
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada454 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 08:37:38
July 07 2011 08:30 GMT
#333
*Insert awesome 100,000$ a Year Dream Job here*

No seriously, I work as a Meat Cutter while I decide what I want to do. I cannot find any work without Education making near the amount of money I make now.

As for a Career I'm thinking of doing Engineering through the Canadian Navy. I used to always want to be in the Navy when I was younger, now it's just about growing the balls and doing it ;P. But I guess I will do what ever the Navy decides for me as long as I don't hate it.
Gym, Video Games, Laundry.
AlphaWhale
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia328 Posts
July 07 2011 08:30 GMT
#334
I'm an aspiring terrible painter.
The icon for diamond league is actually a sapphire.
maxtodd
Profile Joined June 2010
58 Posts
July 07 2011 08:33 GMT
#335
I write bad creative non-fiction and work in a Brooklyn bar.
Agathon
Profile Joined February 2011
France1505 Posts
July 07 2011 08:33 GMT
#336
Information system architect, specialized in financial firms purposes.

Seems boring, but pretty funny and very well paid !
"C'est au pied du mur, qu'on voit le mieux...le mur".
SOB_Maj_Brian
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States522 Posts
July 07 2011 08:33 GMT
#337
On July 07 2011 16:04 Acetyl wrote:
I work as a pharmaceutical patent analyst for:

www.genericsweb.com

However I have an interview for med school later this year, so fingers crossed.


NICE!

I think we should have a special patent category : ); future patent lawyer here !!
Deadlyhazard
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1177 Posts
July 07 2011 08:35 GMT
#338
Conceptual Art, like so many other young and naive folk .
Hark!
BeWat3r
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany182 Posts
July 07 2011 08:36 GMT
#339
Im studying philosophy and science of education and I want to be a teacher and do my doc :-)
Yep I like talking :-)
Writer and moderator for TaKeTV.net
JesusOurSaviour
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Arab Emirates1141 Posts
July 07 2011 08:44 GMT
#340
Well since my preferred option is not on the list, I voted "health" = studying medicine to become a physician...

But I really just want to be a missionary for God's kingdom. Nothing better than to sprinkle some good news and spread the love around
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech162
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12780
Shuttle 676
Artosis 591
Dewaltoss 25
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm147
League of Legends
Doublelift4014
Counter-Strike
taco 521
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox493
AZ_Axe110
Other Games
summit1g9099
shahzam724
Day[9].tv527
C9.Mang0287
Maynarde147
WinterStarcraft124
ViBE103
Trikslyr73
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv527
Upcoming Events
OSC
21h 21m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 8h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.