• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:04
CEST 17:04
KST 00:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7602 users

Ask and answer stupid questions here! - Page 206

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 204 205 206 207 208 783 Next
greenelve
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1392 Posts
March 17 2015 21:03 GMT
#4101
Is there such website like a dictionary but with a filter for words with a specific order of letters? like m-a-x in max-imize or max-imium?
z0r.de for your daily madness /// Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men? The Shadow knows!
fruity.
Profile Joined April 2012
England1711 Posts
March 17 2015 23:06 GMT
#4102
On March 18 2015 06:03 greenelve wrote:
Is there such website like a dictionary but with a filter for words with a specific order of letters? like m-a-x in max-imize or max-imium?


search 'crossword solver'.
Ex Zerg learning Terran. A bold move.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
March 18 2015 01:14 GMT
#4103
On March 17 2015 12:57 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2015 11:20 Djzapz wrote:
In university for instance, where I've seen people bringing staplers to class a few times. Outside of an office setting anyway, so the stapler is the property of the person and not any company.

how are they not there in class? are you impatient while they are in the bathroom or did they forget it there, are there witnesses? (does it matter since you asked about morality?) there are so many stapler situations.

lol, it was just an idea
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
March 20 2015 17:56 GMT
#4104
Does bbcode work in poll options?

As in, if the options for my poll contain the [time] tag, will the options hsow in the user's timezone, or will the BBcode be a part of the string?
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
March 20 2015 20:22 GMT
#4105
Is brushing your teeth with mouthwash better than brushing your teeth with toothpaste?
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
excitedBear
Profile Joined March 2015
Austria120 Posts
March 20 2015 20:33 GMT
#4106
Polls don't seem to work with bbcode

+ Show Spoiler +
Poll: test

[time]1800 PDT[/time] (3)
 
60%

test (2)
 
40%

5 total votes

Your vote: test

(Vote): [time]1800 PDT[/time]
(Vote): test


Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
March 20 2015 21:00 GMT
#4107
lame ty
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12013 Posts
March 20 2015 23:33 GMT
#4108
On March 21 2015 05:22 Dark_Chill wrote:
Is brushing your teeth with mouthwash better than brushing your teeth with toothpaste?


You are not supposed to brush your teeth with mouthwash, and mouthwash is also no substitute for brushing your teeth.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
March 21 2015 01:14 GMT
#4109
Is Ayn Rand even worth reading? I've read excerpts of her work and I know generally what Atlas shrugged and Fountainhead are about, and I know I completely disagree with her views, but is there something worthwhile in there?
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
March 21 2015 01:27 GMT
#4110
On March 21 2015 10:14 Djzapz wrote:
Is Ayn Rand even worth reading? I've read excerpts of her work and I know generally what Atlas shrugged and Fountainhead are about, and I know I completely disagree with her views, but is there something worthwhile in there?

If you're in your early twenties and looking for an ideology to briefly subscribe to before realizing that what she posits is as much a pipe dream as its antithesis, sure.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
March 21 2015 01:31 GMT
#4111
On March 21 2015 10:27 ThomasjServo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2015 10:14 Djzapz wrote:
Is Ayn Rand even worth reading? I've read excerpts of her work and I know generally what Atlas shrugged and Fountainhead are about, and I know I completely disagree with her views, but is there something worthwhile in there?

If you're in your early twenties and looking for an ideology to briefly subscribe to before realizing that what she posits is as much a pipe dream as its antithesis, sure.

I'm in my mid 20's well versed in politics but there are some authors I'm thinking I should know about because and I was wondering if Ayn Rand was worth reading thoroughly to figure out how libertarians think. I've been assuming that I should just skip it because I intuitively find the main notions absurd, whereas many other authors who are also proponents of the free market do actually bring up interesting stuff to the table.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Mindcrime
Profile Joined July 2004
United States6899 Posts
March 21 2015 03:02 GMT
#4112
On March 21 2015 10:31 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2015 10:27 ThomasjServo wrote:
On March 21 2015 10:14 Djzapz wrote:
Is Ayn Rand even worth reading? I've read excerpts of her work and I know generally what Atlas shrugged and Fountainhead are about, and I know I completely disagree with her views, but is there something worthwhile in there?

If you're in your early twenties and looking for an ideology to briefly subscribe to before realizing that what she posits is as much a pipe dream as its antithesis, sure.

I'm in my mid 20's well versed in politics but there are some authors I'm thinking I should know about because and I was wondering if Ayn Rand was worth reading thoroughly to figure out how libertarians think. I've been assuming that I should just skip it because I intuitively find the main notions absurd, whereas many other authors who are also proponents of the free market do actually bring up interesting stuff to the table.


I find it somewhat amusing that so many self-proclaimed "libertarians" claim Ayn Rand as an inspiration. She really didn't like the libertarians of her day.
That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.
xM(Z
Profile Joined November 2006
Romania5299 Posts
March 21 2015 11:54 GMT
#4113
is there a moral issue for vegans to eat plants that eat meat? (like carnivorous plants who eat insects, small reptiles or small birds), or eating plants grown with animal based fertilizer (without animal farms to make it readily available, it would be nearly impossible to gather that much manure)?
And my fury stands ready. I bring all your plans to nought. My bleak heart beats steady. 'Tis you whom I have sought.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12013 Posts
March 21 2015 12:01 GMT
#4114
I don't think anyone eats carnivorous plants, they don't really have fruits or anything else that would be worth eating besides raw leaves, and there are much better choices for those.

As for the other, it probably depends on the persons choices. There i no "vegan code" that exactly dictates what you can or can not eat. It is a lifestyle choice.
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-21 12:14:19
March 21 2015 12:12 GMT
#4115
is there a moral issue for vegans to eat plants that eat meat?

no, carnivorous plants are no different to normal ones.

eating plants grown with animal based fertilizer

yes, there can be a moral issue, but it depends on various factors.
unlike the production of meat, milk or eggs, the produciton of dung doesnt have to result into suffering, pain and death for the animals. however, the issue is also ignored for pracitcal reasons.
TL+ Member
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
March 21 2015 13:17 GMT
#4116
On March 21 2015 21:01 Simberto wrote:
I don't think anyone eats carnivorous plants, they don't really have fruits or anything else that would be worth eating besides raw leaves, and there are much better choices for those.

As for the other, it probably depends on the persons choices. There i no "vegan code" that exactly dictates what you can or can not eat. It is a lifestyle choice.


There are three moral codes in Veganism.

Health

Animal Rights

Animal Cruelty

For the most part, any given Vegan subscribes to one of these three philosophies. For example, Vegans who do it for health reasons won't care if the tofu they ordered was fried or not, and won't ask how the beans in their bean burrito was made. On the other hand, those who believe in animal cruelty would not even do outside of food related to animals and will begin caring about where their fibers come from, how their products are manufactured, etc... Which is different from Vegans who believe animals have rights and senses because those Vegans, for the most part, dislikes the idea of eating "a sentient being" moreso than they feel they need to fight against a system predisposed to threatening animal life.

Health Vegans won't ask, or really care to know.
Animal Rights Vegans won't ask, would like to know, but are mostly skeezed out by it
Animal Cruelty Vegans are activists first and are Vegan as a bi-product
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
March 21 2015 14:14 GMT
#4117
On March 21 2015 12:02 Mindcrime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2015 10:31 Djzapz wrote:
On March 21 2015 10:27 ThomasjServo wrote:
On March 21 2015 10:14 Djzapz wrote:
Is Ayn Rand even worth reading? I've read excerpts of her work and I know generally what Atlas shrugged and Fountainhead are about, and I know I completely disagree with her views, but is there something worthwhile in there?

If you're in your early twenties and looking for an ideology to briefly subscribe to before realizing that what she posits is as much a pipe dream as its antithesis, sure.

I'm in my mid 20's well versed in politics but there are some authors I'm thinking I should know about because and I was wondering if Ayn Rand was worth reading thoroughly to figure out how libertarians think. I've been assuming that I should just skip it because I intuitively find the main notions absurd, whereas many other authors who are also proponents of the free market do actually bring up interesting stuff to the table.


I find it somewhat amusing that so many self-proclaimed "libertarians" claim Ayn Rand as an inspiration. She really didn't like the libertarians of her day.

I'm not awfully familiar with that. We'll have to discuss it over a beer one day. =P
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
March 21 2015 14:37 GMT
#4118
Ayn Rand sucks so it shouldn't really matter who she liked or disagreed with. That being said, I would definitely recommend reading her works if one routinely gets into arguments with objectivist hacks or sees reason to better understand why a lot of the source material for contemporary conservatism is, for lack of better words, bad lol.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-23 03:51:16
March 23 2015 03:48 GMT
#4119
I just had the weirdest phenomenon happen to me in my life.

I plugged unplugged my headphones from my computer and into my phone to listen to a metronome while I practice guitar but I noticed some weird spanish music playing in my left headphone. I was messing around more with my phone to try to find where it was coming from, and these are the things I have determined:

It only happens when the speakers are active (playing music or metronome app open).
It's only with these headphones (steelseries spectrum 4xb).
The volume of the spanish music is inversely proportional to the volume of the phone.
The clarity of the music is proportional to the volume of the phone.
It only happens while I'm touching the side of my phone (metal part of the iphone 4s).
It only happens while the mic of my headset is still plugged into the computer. (So I can't test talking around the house).

What is going on?
Dark_Chill
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada3353 Posts
March 23 2015 04:06 GMT
#4120
On March 23 2015 12:48 Najda wrote:
I just had the weirdest phenomenon happen to me in my life.

I plugged unplugged my headphones from my computer and into my phone to listen to a metronome while I practice guitar but I noticed some weird spanish music playing in my left headphone. I was messing around more with my phone to try to find where it was coming from, and these are the things I have determined:

It only happens when the speakers are active (playing music or metronome app open).
It's only with these headphones (steelseries spectrum 4xb).
The volume of the spanish music is inversely proportional to the volume of the phone.
The clarity of the music is proportional to the volume of the phone.
It only happens while I'm touching the side of my phone (metal part of the iphone 4s).
It only happens while the mic of my headset is still plugged into the computer. (So I can't test talking around the house).

What is going on?


Try this: solution?
CUTE MAKES RIGHT
Prev 1 204 205 206 207 208 783 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
ComeBackTV 1088
IntoTheiNu 1045
SteadfastSC790
TaKeTV 546
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex156
EnkiAlexander 87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 790
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex 156
ProTech137
BRAT_OK 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 49866
Bisu 2001
Horang2 1239
EffOrt 1009
Hyuk 600
Soma 589
BeSt 533
Mini 486
Light 431
Shuttle 427
[ Show more ]
Larva 336
ZerO 202
Rush 190
Leta 84
Mong 77
firebathero 73
Sea.KH 64
Snow 63
910 60
Pusan 46
Sexy 43
ToSsGirL 34
Yoon 27
Aegong 27
Bale 27
JYJ 26
Trap 22
Terrorterran 21
Shine 17
Rock 15
Liquid`Ret 13
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8052
qojqva1241
Counter-Strike
Fnx 815
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1530
Khaldor1129
Lowko456
Other Games
singsing1976
hiko1257
Beastyqt597
B2W.Neo464
Hui .196
Livibee194
ArmadaUGS141
XaKoH 131
Liquid`VortiX129
KnowMe112
Mew2King80
QueenE66
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 25
• mYiSmile111
• Gemini_19 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 35
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3269
Other Games
• Shiphtur267
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 56m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 56m
Online Event
19h 56m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.