• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:42
CEST 17:42
KST 00:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8306 users

Ask and answer stupid questions here! - Page 168

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 783 Next
Shiragaku
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Hong Kong4308 Posts
November 25 2014 06:42 GMT
#3341
Is it possible to extract sugar from fruit?
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
November 25 2014 06:43 GMT
#3342
Fructose?
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
November 25 2014 06:47 GMT
#3343
Nukes are the easy and boring answer. Kwark has a good idea of setting off a natural disaster. I wonder how possible it would be to alter a path of a nearby comet to collide with the earth. I think theres supposed to be a few near misses in the coming decades; it's probably similar in difficulty to change the path to hit us as it is to land the rosetta spacecraft on the 67p comet but I don't know the size required to cause a full extinction. Would a 10^10 ton comet be enough? I have no idea.
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
November 25 2014 09:32 GMT
#3344
Just keep living as we are and let global warming do its job. ezpz.
Writer
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18453 Posts
November 25 2014 13:40 GMT
#3345
Setting off a nuclear winter after massive radiation fallout from a full scale nuclear war seems like it should work best. Sure, the bombs themselves won't kill many people (relatively speaking) but think long-term!

Of course, it's probably not that easy to start the mutually assured destruction protocol. Possibly easiest in India and Pakistan. Then when they're firing at each other launch another one at Russia. And include China at some point.
Deleuze
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom2102 Posts
November 25 2014 21:38 GMT
#3346
You could probably set of Yellow stone with dynamite. And that you can make at home.
“An image of thought called philosophy has been formed historically and it effectively stops people from thinking.” ― Gilles Deleuze, Dialogues II
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
November 27 2014 03:55 GMT
#3347
WTF do I want for Christmas? Mom's asking for present ideas (most likely around $200) and I just don't need anything. If I don't give her a good idea she'll come up with something probably awesome but possibly of limited use...

My PC's fine, my car's fine, I don't need anything x_x

First world problems to the limit
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
November 27 2014 03:57 GMT
#3348
On November 27 2014 12:55 Djzapz wrote:
WTF do I want for Christmas? Mom's asking for present ideas (most likely around $200) and I just don't need anything. If I don't give her a good idea she'll come up with something probably awesome but possibly of limited use...

My PC's fine, my car's fine, I don't need anything x_x

First world problems to the limit


Booze and socks. Seriously, good new socks are awesome
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-27 04:15:53
November 27 2014 04:11 GMT
#3349
On November 27 2014 12:57 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2014 12:55 Djzapz wrote:
WTF do I want for Christmas? Mom's asking for present ideas (most likely around $200) and I just don't need anything. If I don't give her a good idea she'll come up with something probably awesome but possibly of limited use...

My PC's fine, my car's fine, I don't need anything x_x

First world problems to the limit


Booze and socks. Seriously, good new socks are awesome

I asked for booze, socks are pretty much a given (thx mom), but she always tries to give something else nice.

And she makes me feel guilty when I don't have ideas ;(
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
November 27 2014 04:23 GMT
#3350
On November 27 2014 13:11 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2014 12:57 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On November 27 2014 12:55 Djzapz wrote:
WTF do I want for Christmas? Mom's asking for present ideas (most likely around $200) and I just don't need anything. If I don't give her a good idea she'll come up with something probably awesome but possibly of limited use...

My PC's fine, my car's fine, I don't need anything x_x

First world problems to the limit


Booze and socks. Seriously, good new socks are awesome

I asked for booze, socks are pretty much a given (thx mom), but she always tries to give something else nice.

And she makes me feel guilty when I don't have ideas ;(

Sounds like such a mom thing.

I don't know. I'm basically the same way, I never know what I want.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
November 27 2014 04:34 GMT
#3351
On November 27 2014 13:23 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2014 13:11 Djzapz wrote:
On November 27 2014 12:57 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On November 27 2014 12:55 Djzapz wrote:
WTF do I want for Christmas? Mom's asking for present ideas (most likely around $200) and I just don't need anything. If I don't give her a good idea she'll come up with something probably awesome but possibly of limited use...

My PC's fine, my car's fine, I don't need anything x_x

First world problems to the limit


Booze and socks. Seriously, good new socks are awesome

I asked for booze, socks are pretty much a given (thx mom), but she always tries to give something else nice.

And she makes me feel guilty when I don't have ideas ;(

Sounds like such a mom thing.

I don't know. I'm basically the same way, I never know what I want.

Oh she's a mom alright.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
November 27 2014 06:29 GMT
#3352
Ask for a kindle paperwhite if you read. Ask for a portable hard drive if you ever have LAN parties or bring games to multiple PCs. Ask for a new jacket. Ask for slippers. Ask for a really nice bathrobe. Ask for a hardcover of your favourite book/comic/graphic novel. Ask for steam dollars. Ask for a new pillow, a nice memory foam one. Ask for a drone you can control with your phone.

idk lots of stuff
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Sycamore
Profile Joined January 2013
204 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-27 22:10:16
November 27 2014 22:06 GMT
#3353
Dont think its a stupid question, but I'll ask anyways.
I often find myself not doing well in group discussions, as in, I dont really participate as much as I would like to. I think its related to me always wanting/needing to think quite long (relatively) about other's statements to respond to them properly, and oftentimes it takes too long so someone else takes the chance and responds. Oh and I'm not talking about trivial discussions here, but more technical ones. So I wonder, do you know some ways to get better at this, getting better at deconstructing what people say and absorbing the relevant information quickly and connecting it to my own knowledge? Just practicing?
Ban the Tree 2013
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
November 27 2014 22:47 GMT
#3354
On November 28 2014 07:06 Sycamore wrote:
Dont think its a stupid question, but I'll ask anyways.
I often find myself not doing well in group discussions, as in, I dont really participate as much as I would like to. I think its related to me always wanting/needing to think quite long (relatively) about other's statements to respond to them properly, and oftentimes it takes too long so someone else takes the chance and responds. Oh and I'm not talking about trivial discussions here, but more technical ones. So I wonder, do you know some ways to get better at this, getting better at deconstructing what people say and absorbing the relevant information quickly and connecting it to my own knowledge? Just practicing?

I don't know, but I suffer from the same thing so I'm curious for what others say.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-27 22:55:00
November 27 2014 22:54 GMT
#3355
You're overthinking things; having the guts to get involved and actually begin the act of speaking is 99% of the battle. Once you become comfortable with speaking in groups, even in regards to topics you aren't intimately familiar with, you will be surprised at how quickly the act of speaking ends up doing the thinking for you, so to speak. You gotta just forget about looking dumb and get involved.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
November 27 2014 23:19 GMT
#3356
most of the time, i think you are just afraid to be wrong thus needing the time to think longer before answering
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
November 28 2014 00:39 GMT
#3357
I'm looking for a 80s maybe early 90s song. Heard it in radio and can't find what it is called. There aren't much lyrics beside a female vocal singing "whoa, ooh ooh" in a echoing, dreamy voice, almost like she's crying/lamenting. I think there is bass and synth aswell.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
icystorage
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Jollibee19350 Posts
November 28 2014 00:40 GMT
#3358
try this?

http://www.midomi.com/
LiquidDota StaffAre you ready for a Miracle-? We are! The International 2017 Champions!
Sub40APM
Profile Joined August 2010
6336 Posts
December 01 2014 01:41 GMT
#3359
Anyone know how to water plants so that the water (a) doesnt drown the plant and (b) doesnt pool at the bottom of that dish that you put under the pot the plant is in? All I could think of was to put a sponge in that pool of water to drain it and then re-water again but there has to be a better way
GreenHorizons
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States24379 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-01 03:06:31
December 01 2014 03:04 GMT
#3360
On December 01 2014 10:41 Sub40APM wrote:
Anyone know how to water plants so that the water (a) doesnt drown the plant and (b) doesnt pool at the bottom of that dish that you put under the pot the plant is in? All I could think of was to put a sponge in that pool of water to drain it and then re-water again but there has to be a better way


Kind of depends on the plant, watering schedule, etc... Knowing your plants is key if you want to achieve what you are talking about. First you have to make sure the size of your pot is appropriate for the size of your plant. Presuming the pots are the appropriate size: One strategy would be watering them until they are roughly as saturated as they should be then let them dry for as long as you typically would before watering them again. Now before watering them lift them individually to check weight, now slowly add water evenly around the soil. Be careful to notice when the water starts coming out of the bottom (Note: if the soil is too dry water may immediately come out of the bottom). Lift it again at the end. Now you know how much roughly is too much for that plant. After doing it a few times you start to get a better idea of how much is too much or not enough and it happens more rarely or the amount is negligible.

That's the most generic/universal version I can give without knowing what kind of plants we are talking about.
"People like to look at history and think 'If that was me back then, I would have...' We're living through history, and the truth is, whatever you are doing now is probably what you would have done then" "Scratch a Liberal..."
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 783 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 156
ProTech138
Rex 58
CosmosSc2 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37703
Calm 3443
Shuttle 2301
Jaedong 1785
Horang2 754
Mini 637
EffOrt 519
Soma 351
Stork 288
Rush 270
[ Show more ]
Soulkey 262
Larva 261
ZerO 232
BeSt 231
Snow 173
firebathero 114
Mong 108
Zeus 96
hero 74
910 73
Mind 69
sorry 62
Free 46
Shinee 45
Hyun 43
Yoon 35
Sharp 32
ToSsGirL 30
PianO 27
Killer 26
JYJ 24
Aegong 22
Shine 21
Bale 17
Sexy 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Terrorterran 14
Trap 14
HiyA 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Hm[arnc] 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5706
Dendi1275
420jenkins196
Counter-Strike
fl0m3257
Fnx 679
x6flipin390
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King118
ChuDatz32
Other Games
singsing2183
Liquid`RaSZi1268
hiko741
B2W.Neo557
dupreeh450
RotterdaM387
ceh9355
crisheroes319
Khaldor279
Livibee197
TKL 185
Trikslyr94
QueenE76
Dewaltoss34
ZerO(Twitch)20
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH294
• Hinosc 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2885
• WagamamaTV371
League of Legends
• Nemesis2769
• Jankos1488
Other Games
• Shiphtur669
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
18m
The PondCast
18h 18m
INu's Battles
19h 18m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.