• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:52
CEST 03:52
KST 10:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8904 users

TL Census 2011 - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 20:55:34
April 19 2011 20:53 GMT
#21
Is there anything besides Mexico as Non-US/Canada North America in geographical location? Or are places like Alaska or Hawaii supposed to go there? I just found that option really strange, but maybe I'm missing something.

Just noticed there is no Central America, is that it or that should go with South America?
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 20:54:52
April 19 2011 20:54 GMT
#22
On April 20 2011 05:53 SKC wrote:
Is there anything besides Mexico as Non-US/Canada North America in geographical location? Or are places like Alaska or Hawaii supposed to go there? I just found that option really strange, but maybe I'm missing something.


Central America as well as the Gulf islands (Jamaica, Bermuda, etc.).
Logo
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
April 19 2011 20:54 GMT
#23
On April 20 2011 05:52 Zim23 wrote:
You have Middle Eastern/Arabic and Arabic as options. I guess you could just add those up.

Oops
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Navillus
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1188 Posts
April 19 2011 20:54 GMT
#24
On April 20 2011 05:40 bonifaceviii wrote:
I'd prefer "Aboriginal" over "American Indian", but that's the politically correct Canadian (and Aboriginal) in me.


Is that the term used in Canada? In the US the two sort of "politically correct" terms are Native American and American Indian, I've never actually heard Aboriginal used to refer to natives anywhere but Australia, I thought it was a term specific to the natives in Australia, huh.
"TL gives excellent advice 99% of the time. The problem is no one listens to it." -Plexa
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 20:57:29
April 19 2011 20:54 GMT
#25
Forum space is at a premium. Deleting.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
April 19 2011 20:55 GMT
#26
On April 20 2011 05:54 Aeres wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 05:38 motbob wrote:
Poll: Are you a forum lurker?

I have an account but I post quite rarely. (3724)
 
54%

I have an account and post a moderate amount. (1228)
 
18%

I have an account but I don't have any posts. (1068)
 
15%

I don't have an account. (721)
 
10%

I have an account and I post a lot. (167)
 
2%

6908 total votes

Your vote: Are you a forum lurker?

(Vote): I have an account but I don't have any posts.
(Vote): I have an account but I post quite rarely.
(Vote): I have an account and post a moderate amount.
(Vote): I have an account and I post a lot.
(Vote): I don't have an account.


Wait a second, this poll confuses me.

I thought you could only vote in polls and make posts if you have an account. Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but if it's true, why are there five (and counting) votes for not having an account?

I actually tested this beforehand and yes, you can vote in polls in threads without an account.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
April 19 2011 20:56 GMT
#27
On April 20 2011 05:55 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 05:54 Aeres wrote:
On April 20 2011 05:38 motbob wrote:
Poll: Are you a forum lurker?

I have an account but I post quite rarely. (3724)
 
54%

I have an account and post a moderate amount. (1228)
 
18%

I have an account but I don't have any posts. (1068)
 
15%

I don't have an account. (721)
 
10%

I have an account and I post a lot. (167)
 
2%

6908 total votes

Your vote: Are you a forum lurker?

(Vote): I have an account but I don't have any posts.
(Vote): I have an account but I post quite rarely.
(Vote): I have an account and post a moderate amount.
(Vote): I have an account and I post a lot.
(Vote): I don't have an account.


Wait a second, this poll confuses me.

I thought you could only vote in polls and make posts if you have an account. Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but if it's true, why are there five (and counting) votes for not having an account?

I actually tested this beforehand and yes, you can vote in polls in threads without an account.

Okay, then ignore me.

This is a cool idea, motbob. I look forward to the results and how they compare to prior censuses.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
April 19 2011 20:57 GMT
#28
On April 20 2011 05:54 Navillus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 05:40 bonifaceviii wrote:
I'd prefer "Aboriginal" over "American Indian", but that's the politically correct Canadian (and Aboriginal) in me.


Is that the term used in Canada? In the US the two sort of "politically correct" terms are Native American and American Indian, I've never actually heard Aboriginal used to refer to natives anywhere but Australia, I thought it was a term specific to the natives in Australia, huh.

I think I've heard the Inuits and other Canadian groups called Aboriginals as well.
Logo
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
April 19 2011 20:57 GMT
#29
On April 20 2011 05:54 Logo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 05:53 SKC wrote:
Is there anything besides Mexico as Non-US/Canada North America in geographical location? Or are places like Alaska or Hawaii supposed to go there? I just found that option really strange, but maybe I'm missing something.


Central America as well as the Gulf islands (Jamaica, Bermuda, etc.).


I see, I guess it's just never used like that over here, it's either South, Central and North or everything south of the US as Latin America.
bonifaceviii
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2890 Posts
April 19 2011 20:59 GMT
#30
On April 20 2011 05:54 Navillus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 05:40 bonifaceviii wrote:
I'd prefer "Aboriginal" over "American Indian", but that's the politically correct Canadian (and Aboriginal) in me.


Is that the term used in Canada? In the US the two sort of "politically correct" terms are Native American and American Indian, I've never actually heard Aboriginal used to refer to natives anywhere but Australia, I thought it was a term specific to the natives in Australia, huh.

"Native" is a pretty neutral term in Canada, but "Indian" has a lot of baggage with it. Mostly the Indian Act (which doesn't apply to Metis, I still pay taxes ;_;)
Stay a while and listen || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=354018
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
April 19 2011 20:59 GMT
#31
On April 20 2011 05:57 SKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 05:54 Logo wrote:
On April 20 2011 05:53 SKC wrote:
Is there anything besides Mexico as Non-US/Canada North America in geographical location? Or are places like Alaska or Hawaii supposed to go there? I just found that option really strange, but maybe I'm missing something.


Central America as well as the Gulf islands (Jamaica, Bermuda, etc.).


I see, I guess it's just never used like that over here, it's either South, Central and North or everything south of the US as Latin America.


Yeah I agree its odd, but with no Central or Latin America on the list it's where those countries fall.
Logo
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
April 19 2011 21:00 GMT
#32
maybe you should create ranges for the Forum Lurker question. IDK if what I post is moderate or a lot....but I put moderate.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
April 19 2011 21:01 GMT
#33
On April 20 2011 05:59 Logo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 05:57 SKC wrote:
On April 20 2011 05:54 Logo wrote:
On April 20 2011 05:53 SKC wrote:
Is there anything besides Mexico as Non-US/Canada North America in geographical location? Or are places like Alaska or Hawaii supposed to go there? I just found that option really strange, but maybe I'm missing something.


Central America as well as the Gulf islands (Jamaica, Bermuda, etc.).


I see, I guess it's just never used like that over here, it's either South, Central and North or everything south of the US as Latin America.


Yeah I agree its odd, but with no Central or Latin America on the list it's where those countries fall.

I actually struggled with this. Is Mexico part of central america? Latin America? I figured that the way I phrased it leaves no ambiguity.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
carloselcoco
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2302 Posts
April 19 2011 21:03 GMT
#34
I just have to love the ratio of women to men. Seriously...
http://www.twitch.tv/carloselcoco/b/296431601 <------Suscribe! Casts in Spanish :) |||| http://www.twitch.tv/carloselcoco/b/300285215<----- CSL: Before Sunday! Episode 3!
SKC
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil18828 Posts
April 19 2011 21:04 GMT
#35
On April 20 2011 06:01 motbob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2011 05:59 Logo wrote:
On April 20 2011 05:57 SKC wrote:
On April 20 2011 05:54 Logo wrote:
On April 20 2011 05:53 SKC wrote:
Is there anything besides Mexico as Non-US/Canada North America in geographical location? Or are places like Alaska or Hawaii supposed to go there? I just found that option really strange, but maybe I'm missing something.


Central America as well as the Gulf islands (Jamaica, Bermuda, etc.).


I see, I guess it's just never used like that over here, it's either South, Central and North or everything south of the US as Latin America.


Yeah I agree its odd, but with no Central or Latin America on the list it's where those countries fall.

I actually struggled with this. Is Mexico part of central america? Latin America? I figured that the way I phrased it leaves no ambiguity.


North America and Latin America, they are two different ways to split the Americas, by geography, with South, Central and North, or by colonization, with Latin and "Anglo-Saxon?" Americas, so Mexico stays with the big boys in one way and is left behind in the other, or at least that's what I remeber from school.
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
April 19 2011 21:07 GMT
#36
i come here to kill time at work XD
i like going through generals for news and sc2 section for reading arguments.
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
ChrisXIV
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria3553 Posts
April 19 2011 21:07 GMT
#37
Caucasian and to a lesser extent Asian really dominate the ethnicity poll. Was to be expected, but still lol.

4% women right now, seems a bit high.
"Just stay on 1 base, make a lot of shit, keep attacking. It doesn't work? Keep attacking." -Chill
Tatari
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1179 Posts
April 19 2011 21:12 GMT
#38
I refuse to believe we have women on these forums.

The internet is only filled with nerdy guys with hipster glasses with their shirts tucked in.
A fed jungler is no longer a jungler, but a terrorist.
Kimaker
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2131 Posts
April 19 2011 21:18 GMT
#39
On April 20 2011 05:39 MechKing wrote:
The results of these polls are going to be interesting

If not predictable
Entusman #54 (-_-) ||"Gold is for the Mistress-Silver for the Maid-Copper for the craftsman cunning in his trade. "Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall, But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all|| "Optimism is Cowardice."- Oswald Spengler
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
April 19 2011 21:21 GMT
#40
Ethnicity/Race?:

Hispanic/Caucasian

Why do you mainly come to Team Liquid?


Other: All of the Above.
Life?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 132
Nina 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13174
Rain 2230
Artosis 664
Dewaltoss 24
NaDa 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever701
NeuroSwarm163
League of Legends
Doublelift5014
Counter-Strike
taco 531
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1649
ArmadaUGS383
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1259
WinterStarcraft477
Other Games
summit1g8826
Day[9].tv727
JimRising 596
shahzam574
C9.Mang0188
PiGStarcraft178
ViBE170
Maynarde160
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick852
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 117
• davetesta34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv727
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 8m
OSC
11h 8m
Stellar Fest
11h 8m
OSC
22h 8m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.