• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:52
CEST 03:52
KST 10:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8904 users

TL Census 2011 - Page 16

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 Next All
mrflakes
Profile Joined May 2010
United States713 Posts
April 22 2011 07:34 GMT
#301
On April 22 2011 04:34 Almin wrote:
The "Poll: Ethnicity/Race" is racist yo. There's no option for "I prefer not to answer" or "Mixed" like most US surveys are now.

What's up with that?

By the way, I'm white, BUT I prefer not to answer!


Well, I think the obvious choice here is not to answer that poll.
Starfox
Profile Joined April 2010
Austria699 Posts
April 22 2011 08:10 GMT
#302
On April 22 2011 16:34 mrflakes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2011 04:34 Almin wrote:
The "Poll: Ethnicity/Race" is racist yo. There's no option for "I prefer not to answer" or "Mixed" like most US surveys are now.

What's up with that?

By the way, I'm white, BUT I prefer not to answer!


Well, I think the obvious choice here is not to answer that poll.

But then you discriminate the people who don't want to answer the poll by not giving them an appropriate answer on the poll... oh, wait
Greek Mythology 2.0: Imagine Sisyphos as a man who wants to watch all videos on youtube... and Tityos as one who HAS to watch all of them.
Nawyria
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands140 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 14:03:35
April 22 2011 11:51 GMT
#303
Interesting fact: The age distribution as it is right now is fitted quite well by a bell curve using the following parameters:

Mean = 21.8
Variance (or sigma^2) = 16.3
Prescale Factor = 6855 * 1/ sqrt[ 2 pi sigma^2] = 677

[image loading]
Blue line is the data
Red line is the fit

Also:
On April 22 2011 05:27 AJMcSpiffy wrote:
Had to wait till today to post so I could say I'm 20 and not 19

Congrats! :D
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
April 22 2011 14:21 GMT
#304
Cool stuff. It's sad that there's less females / total members than last time T_T
Guess I can forget my dreams of finding a wife who understands starcraft :X
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
TemplarCo.
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico2870 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 16:25:59
April 22 2011 16:25 GMT
#305
ahh sad to see not many people from Latin America here on TL... Still interesting polls.
With an average game length of 7m36s over his 6 games in GSL3, this is a no-brainer. BitByBit pulls more SCVs than yo momma at a club on Mar Sara. ♞
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
April 22 2011 16:26 GMT
#306
On April 22 2011 16:34 mrflakes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2011 04:34 Almin wrote:
The "Poll: Ethnicity/Race" is racist yo. There's no option for "I prefer not to answer" or "Mixed" like most US surveys are now.

What's up with that?

By the way, I'm white, BUT I prefer not to answer!


Well, I think the obvious choice here is not to answer that poll.


Someone please explain to me why a white is having problems with racism. I saw another white guy at the airport who refused to fill in their race. Why?
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
Velocity`
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom343 Posts
April 22 2011 17:20 GMT
#307
Wow there's 100 girls on TL?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 17:32:23
April 22 2011 17:30 GMT
#308
On April 23 2011 01:26 JieXian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2011 16:34 mrflakes wrote:
On April 22 2011 04:34 Almin wrote:
The "Poll: Ethnicity/Race" is racist yo. There's no option for "I prefer not to answer" or "Mixed" like most US surveys are now.

What's up with that?

By the way, I'm white, BUT I prefer not to answer!


Well, I think the obvious choice here is not to answer that poll.


Someone please explain to me why a white is having problems with racism. I saw another white guy at the airport who refused to fill in their race. Why?


Actually, in America, the only way to legally discriminate is to be bigoted against white males. Various laws have forced a "reverse discrimination". Use a racial slur directed at anyone who isn't white, get your ass kicked, the guy gets off (most places, obviously there will be some variance for community.) Use a racial slur directed against a white guy, and there's a good chance that if the white guy swings, he'll go to jail for a hate crime for discrimination against the way they like to talk or something. (Don't know if this has happened, but the atmosphere created by the laws makes most people not really want to try and find out.)

Oh, and lets not forget jobs. Equally qualified? White male is the last candidate to be hired, with decisions being based on gender and ethnicity "equality". Very equal, if the white guy is screwed for being born in the majority demographic for a lot of job positions.
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
April 22 2011 17:57 GMT
#309
On April 23 2011 01:26 JieXian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2011 16:34 mrflakes wrote:
On April 22 2011 04:34 Almin wrote:
The "Poll: Ethnicity/Race" is racist yo. There's no option for "I prefer not to answer" or "Mixed" like most US surveys are now.

What's up with that?

By the way, I'm white, BUT I prefer not to answer!


Well, I think the obvious choice here is not to answer that poll.


Someone please explain to me why a white is having problems with racism. I saw another white guy at the airport who refused to fill in their race. Why?


I think it might have to do something with the massive anti racism movement. Basically if you even mention race, or skin colour, people think of you as a nazi.
Not saying racism's a good thing, but basically where I'm from you're considered either racist or inbred if you have a flag on your lawn ^^
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
April 22 2011 18:22 GMT
#310
Average age of respondent a year ago: 21.3
Average age of respondent this year: 21.9

More to come. The graphs won't be fancy or anything but they're coming.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Attican
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark531 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 19:18:27
April 22 2011 18:37 GMT
#311
I'm a bit confused about why so many people said they have an account but no posts. Whats the point of an account if you're not gonna post?
Of course there are some that just haven't found what something they want to post about but it doesn't seem very likely that that is the case for all of them.

Either way, interesting poll results. I was actually surprised that there were over 100 women on the site.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
April 22 2011 18:41 GMT
#312
>100 females, most successful gaming website ever? :D
:)
Sworn
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada920 Posts
April 22 2011 18:42 GMT
#313
Over 100 females O.o thats like all of the gamer girls
"Duty is heavy as a mountain, death is light as a feather." CJ Entus Fighting! <3 Effort
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
April 22 2011 18:43 GMT
#314
On April 23 2011 03:22 motbob wrote:
Average age of respondent a year ago: 21.3
Average age of respondent this year: 21.9

More to come. The graphs won't be fancy or anything but they're coming.


The community has aged .6 years in one year...

Congratulations my friends we have successfully reduced aging by 50%.

There fore we can conclude that TeamLiquid makes you live twice as long as any other community in the world ever !!!! You can sell registration to new age health people for 5 bucks a pop ! :D
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Kamais_Ookin
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada4218 Posts
April 22 2011 18:50 GMT
#315
On April 23 2011 02:20 Callous wrote:
Wow there's 100 girls on TL?
Or 100 trolls!
I <3 Plexa.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
April 22 2011 18:59 GMT
#316
Starting off simple

[image loading]


Let's compare age to a year ago. Looks like the community has aged: note the right side of the graph.

[image loading]


From the department of No Surprises:

[image loading]


How many TLers actually post?

[image loading]


Race poll. Note that the "Other" in the "Other" poll refers to people who weren't satisfied with the available choices.

[image loading]

[image loading]


Location poll!

[image loading]

[image loading]
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
April 22 2011 20:31 GMT
#317
--- Nuked ---
Deyster
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Jordan579 Posts
April 22 2011 21:33 GMT
#318
Motbob (Or as we should all call him, Motbok) never ceases to come up with cool stuff.

Though I'm kind of surprised there are more people from USA than Western Europe on TL.
Also why is there option for both Arabic and Middle Eastern/Arabic? D: I got confused by it and I'm not sure if I picked correctly :D
Watch the minimap.
kawoq
Profile Joined November 2005
Guatemala357 Posts
April 22 2011 21:39 GMT
#319
Location: other

I am from Guatemala / Central America, you (yes you all) always leave out Central America =(
"It is not a shameful thing to be unable to reach the goal. It's becoming afraid and running away, even before considering the fact that the road is long and rough, that is truly cowardly." by - Lim Yo Hwan aka SlayerS_Boxer from "Crazy as me"
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
April 22 2011 21:50 GMT
#320
This can't be right. Are there really that many more Americans than Eu0ropeans on TL? Wow..
I think the poll needs to be up longer to give accurate information. It's almost alarming that there are so many Canadians in comparison to Europeans O_o
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 136
Nina 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13174
Rain 2230
Artosis 529
Dewaltoss 30
NaDa 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever663
NeuroSwarm163
League of Legends
Doublelift5107
Counter-Strike
taco 531
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1739
ArmadaUGS324
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1456
WinterStarcraft483
Other Games
summit1g8930
Day[9].tv737
JimRising 602
shahzam563
PiGStarcraft197
C9.Mang0195
Maynarde164
ViBE158
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick834
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream146
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 117
• davetesta30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv737
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 8m
OSC
11h 8m
Stellar Fest
11h 8m
OSC
22h 8m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.