• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:04
CEST 03:04
KST 10:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8738 users

TL Census 2011

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-22 19:00:17
April 19 2011 20:38 GMT
#1
Starting off simple

[image loading]


Let's compare age to a year ago. Looks like the community has aged: note the right side of the graph.

[image loading]


From the department of No Surprises:

[image loading]


How many TLers actually post?

[image loading]


Race poll. Note that the "Other" in the "Other" poll refers to people who weren't satisfied with the available choices.

[image loading]

[image loading]


Location poll!

[image loading]

[image loading]


It's no secret that Team Liquid has changed radically over the past year. Therefore it's with great interest that I make this thread. TL has done unofficial demographic surveys before (most recently here) and it'll be interesting to see how things have changed.

After about a week, I'll make some cool graphs in Excel to show the changes, if any.

EDIT: Sorry for misspelling Australia.

Poll: How old are you?

20 (840)
 
13%

21 (834)
 
13%

22 (820)
 
12%

19 (772)
 
12%

23 (703)
 
11%

18 (621)
 
9%

24 (608)
 
9%

25 (532)
 
8%

17 (413)
 
6%

16 (280)
 
4%

13-15 (192)
 
3%

10-12 (15)
 
0%

6630 total votes

Your vote: How old are you?

(Vote): 10-12
(Vote): 13-15
(Vote): 16
(Vote): 17
(Vote): 18
(Vote): 19
(Vote): 20
(Vote): 21
(Vote): 22
(Vote): 23
(Vote): 24
(Vote): 25



Poll: How old are you?

26 (382)
 
30%

27 (257)
 
20%

30-35 (255)
 
20%

28 (216)
 
17%

29 (106)
 
8%

36-40 (33)
 
3%

41-50 (12)
 
1%

>50 (7)
 
1%

1268 total votes

Your vote: How old are you?

(Vote): 26
(Vote): 27
(Vote): 28
(Vote): 29
(Vote): 30-35
(Vote): 36-40
(Vote): 41-50
(Vote): >50



Poll: Are you a forum lurker?

I have an account but I post quite rarely. (3724)
 
54%

I have an account and post a moderate amount. (1228)
 
18%

I have an account but I don't have any posts. (1068)
 
15%

I don't have an account. (721)
 
10%

I have an account and I post a lot. (167)
 
2%

6908 total votes

Your vote: Are you a forum lurker?

(Vote): I have an account but I don't have any posts.
(Vote): I have an account but I post quite rarely.
(Vote): I have an account and post a moderate amount.
(Vote): I have an account and I post a lot.
(Vote): I don't have an account.



Poll: Gender?

Male (6582)
 
98%

Female (141)
 
2%

6723 total votes

Your vote: Gender?

(Vote): Male
(Vote): Female



Poll: Ethnicity/Race?

Caucasian/White (5003)
 
75%

Asian (1204)
 
18%

Hispanic/Latino (218)
 
3%

Other (112)
 
2%

African American/Black (51)
 
1%

Middle Eastern/Arabic (51)
 
1%

American Indian (30)
 
0%

Pacific Islander (22)
 
0%

Arabic (14)
 
0%

6705 total votes

Your vote: Ethnicity/Race?

(Vote): Caucasian/White
(Vote): African American/Black
(Vote): Asian
(Vote): Hispanic/Latino
(Vote): Middle Eastern/Arabic
(Vote): Pacific Islander
(Vote): American Indian
(Vote): Arabic
(Vote): Other



Poll: Geographical Location?

USA (2891)
 
43%

Western Europe (1928)
 
29%

Canada (895)
 
13%

Austrailia/NZ (416)
 
6%

Eastern Europe (including Russia) (273)
 
4%

South America (109)
 
2%

Southeast Asia (106)
 
2%

Other (post in thread!) (49)
 
1%

East Asia (39)
 
1%

Non-US/Canada North America (22)
 
0%

South Asia (11)
 
0%

6739 total votes

Your vote: Geographical Location?

(Vote): USA
(Vote): Canada
(Vote): Non-US/Canada North America
(Vote): South America
(Vote): Western Europe
(Vote): Eastern Europe (including Russia)
(Vote): Austrailia/NZ
(Vote): Southeast Asia
(Vote): South Asia
(Vote): East Asia
(Vote): Other (post in thread!)



Poll: Why do you mainly come to Team Liquid?

Content related to Starcraft 2 (4068)
 
60%

Content related to both SC:BW and SC2 (1741)
 
26%

Content related to SC:BW (537)
 
8%

The Community/People (Blogs/Etc) (270)
 
4%

Other Sports/Games (LoL, EVE, Mafia) (70)
 
1%

Other (post in thread) (54)
 
1%

6740 total votes

Your vote: Why do you mainly come to Team Liquid?

(Vote): Content related to Starcraft 2
(Vote): Content related to SC:BW
(Vote): Other Sports/Games (LoL, EVE, Mafia)
(Vote): The Community/People (Blogs/Etc)
(Vote): Content related to both SC:BW and SC2
(Vote): Other (post in thread)



ModeratorGood content always wins.
MechKing
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3004 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 20:40:06
April 19 2011 20:39 GMT
#2
The results of these polls are going to be interesting
bonifaceviii
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2890 Posts
April 19 2011 20:40 GMT
#3
I'd prefer "Aboriginal" over "American Indian", but that's the politically correct Canadian (and Aboriginal) in me.
Stay a while and listen || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=354018
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
April 19 2011 20:41 GMT
#4
i'm curious to see the results for the last poll

poor SC:BW is going to get blown out of the water by SC2
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
DuB phool
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1003 Posts
April 19 2011 20:41 GMT
#5
Agreed, I think it'll be quite cool to see. Hooray for being one of the first ones! So far it looks like everyone is about the same as me.
"overwatch is jesus" - motbob 2016
Starfox
Profile Joined April 2010
Austria699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 23:19:21
April 19 2011 20:43 GMT
#6
Second section of the age poll, zomg >;(
Greek Mythology 2.0: Imagine Sisyphos as a man who wants to watch all videos on youtube... and Tityos as one who HAS to watch all of them.
MechKing
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3004 Posts
April 19 2011 20:44 GMT
#7
On April 20 2011 05:41 Cambium wrote:
i'm curious to see the results for the last poll

poor SC:BW is going to get blown out of the water by SC2

I think that BW will be closer than you think.
Stimp
Profile Joined November 2010
South Africa780 Posts
April 19 2011 20:45 GMT
#8
Geo Location: South Africa

Come here for the general forum and the sports section. Occasionally check GSL results.
Don't count your apples before they've... grown
kleetzor
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany360 Posts
April 19 2011 20:45 GMT
#9
first post!
i voted for "have an account but no posts", so i guess thats false information now :O

to the OP, when was the last census? a year ago?
Forgottenfrog
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1268 Posts
April 19 2011 20:46 GMT
#10
I picked others for "why do you mainly come to TL?" I come to be entertained and everything seems to be included. Great members with extraordinary sense of humor. Also I commend the Mods for filtering out all the idiots.
Tppz!
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany1449 Posts
April 19 2011 20:46 GMT
#11
Even that there hadnt been a lot of votes I feel very old with my nearly 24 years. O.o
I thought this would be clearly different.
FeelsBadMan.
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
April 19 2011 20:46 GMT
#12
Last poll is sad
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
April 19 2011 20:48 GMT
#13
I chose the "Other" option in why I come to TeamLiquid, because I don't come here for any one of those reasons. If TeamLiquid was just about StarCraft for me, or just about the community, or just about the other gaming cliques, I'd get bored before long and leave.

It's because TL offers all those things and more that I've stayed here for nearly a year. It's because I've been able to root for Liquid'Tyler and Stork to crush faces, laugh and cry with fellow community members sharing their stories and dreams, and get involved with the groups that play the games I love that AREN'T StarCraft.

All on the same day, on the same site, with the same people.

That's why TeamLiquid is special, and that's why I'll always be here.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
elkram
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States221 Posts
April 19 2011 20:48 GMT
#14
Voted other for why I come here: it is basically my one stop shop for the internet. I learn about SC2 strats and happenings, but also about general news, internet memes (yes they do get posted as threads) and in general all things cultural. I also go on irc a lot and chat up a storm there, so it is also a social thing for me as well. Now, if TL had e-mail and video services then I would never go anywhere else.
Tiger Tiger. burning bright, In the forests of the night; What immortal hand or eye. Could frame thy fearful symmetry?
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 20:49:53
April 19 2011 20:49 GMT
#15
I was just wondering last night while in bed if we had any members from centralish africa.


Also I voted other on the last poll because I come for most of those reasons.
unsmart
Profile Joined April 2009
United States322 Posts
April 19 2011 20:49 GMT
#16
On April 20 2011 05:46 Tppz! wrote:
Even that there hadnt been a lot of votes I feel very old with my nearly 24 years. O.o
I thought this would be clearly different.
FeelsBadMan.

At least you didn't have to go to the second age poll.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 20:50:54
April 19 2011 20:49 GMT
#17
In reference to the last poll: Dunno. I just do. I agree with Aeres to some extent, except I've been here longer so I say screw Tyler. I root for NonY. Also TL is a haven of sanity on the internet, which is nice.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-19 20:51:18
April 19 2011 20:50 GMT
#18
Oh god I'm on the 2nd section of the age poll. *cries*
Logo
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
April 19 2011 20:51 GMT
#19
On April 20 2011 05:49 tofucake wrote:
In reference to the last poll: Dunno. I just do. I agree with Aeres to some extent, except I've been here longer so I say screw Tyler. I root for NonY. Also TL is a haven of sanity on the internet, which is nice.

Hey, I'd prefer to call him NonY as well, but dammit, the SCII crowd knows Tyler and not NonY.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Zim23
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1681 Posts
April 19 2011 20:52 GMT
#20
You have Middle Eastern/Arabic and Arabic as options. I guess you could just add those up.
Do an arranged marriage if she's not completely minging, and don't worry about dancing, get a go-kart, cheers.
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12124
Rain 2159
Artosis 552
White-Ra 183
ToSsGirL 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever720
NeuroSwarm135
League of Legends
Doublelift5016
Counter-Strike
taco 10
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1675
ArmadaUGS587
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1106
WinterStarcraft406
Other Games
summit1g8619
Day[9].tv671
shahzam649
JimRising 565
C9.Mang0258
Maynarde156
ViBE139
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick849
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream144
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 117
• davetesta39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1000
• Day9tv671
• Shiphtur300
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 56m
OSC
11h 56m
Stellar Fest
11h 56m
OSC
22h 56m
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.