• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:54
CEST 15:54
KST 22:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9315 users

College Acceptance Thread '11 - Page 14

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 36 Next All
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
March 25 2011 07:28 GMT
#261
Coming from someone who is about to graduate from university, I just want to say congratulations to everyone in this thread and hopefully you all got into the school of your choice.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
March 25 2011 14:59 GMT
#262
What the heck is HMPSY?
fatalities
Profile Joined November 2010
United States91 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 15:13:27
March 25 2011 15:13 GMT
#263
On March 25 2011 23:59 Froadac wrote:
What the heck is HMPSY?

Harvard MIT (guess) Princeton Stanford Yale
0cz3c
Profile Joined February 2008
United States564 Posts
March 25 2011 15:19 GMT
#264
Hope to see some TL-ers make (and come to) Harvard this year!!!!!!!!! :D

Good luck everyone =O
ChrisXIV
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria3553 Posts
March 25 2011 15:31 GMT
#265
After reading through this thread, there is one thing I have to say: Holy shit.

Getting into a university/college in the USA seems really hard. If I understand it correctly, you need to have the best grades, do extremely well on some test and have extra-curricular stuff...and even then you're not guaranteed to go to top universities? :| Good luck everyone.
"Just stay on 1 base, make a lot of shit, keep attacking. It doesn't work? Keep attacking." -Chill
dave333
Profile Joined August 2010
United States915 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 15:40:34
March 25 2011 15:39 GMT
#266
Good luck to everyone! I remember this crap last year.

Anyone applied to Middlebury College?

^Yes getting into top universities can be amazingly difficult, it is such a huge coinflip actually. There are just so many students with very high grades, great test scores, and fantastic achievements that get rejected by many of the top schools. Still, there are significant tipping factors like being an athlete, a minority, or having a connection to the school that can make it relatively easy to get in as well.
pikagrue
Profile Joined February 2011
79 Posts
March 25 2011 17:51 GMT
#267
Accepted:
UCB (regents rejected)
UCLA (regents)
UCSD
UCI
UCD
RPI

Rejected:
MIT
Caltech

Waiting:
Harvey Mudd (should be coming any day now)
Duke
Columbia

4.46 weighted GPA
2400 SAT
800 SAT Physics
800 SAT Math 2
790 SAT Chem
AIME Qualifier, 6th place at Stanford Math Tournament, other competitive math stuff
FBLA Awards, etc
Tech Museum Tech Challenge participant
Some volunteer work
Guitar, etc

Meh, didn't expect to get into MIT or Caltech, i really lack anything spectacular (MOPer, US Physics Team, Intel Semi, etc) oh well.

dave333
Profile Joined August 2010
United States915 Posts
March 25 2011 17:57 GMT
#268
^Another super qualified soul rejected at MIT/Caltch...very sad. My friends got into Caltech but we're east coast. They were pretty good at math too, almost USAMO, but I think more importantly they would've been pretty good on Caltech's tennis team or something lol.

GL with the other three. I think you have a solid shot with Harvey Mudd. Columbia/Duke are pretty tough tough; I think you can definitely get Duke, Columbia far more iffy unless you did columbia engineering.
CecilSunkure
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2829 Posts
March 25 2011 18:04 GMT
#269
Applied to: DigiPen

Accepted to: DigiPen

I am a man with focus xD

I could have applied to other schools, but I just knew where I wanted to attend
Moody
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States750 Posts
March 25 2011 18:10 GMT
#270
Did anyone else glance at the title of the thread and read it as "Challenge Accepted Thread"?

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I've applied to several law schools in the south east, I will post when I hear something back... should be any day now... really nervous.
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Where's the counter?"
Cudaflu
Profile Joined July 2010
33 Posts
March 25 2011 18:21 GMT
#271
Only applied to three schools, don't plan on leaving Florida for a long time.
UF: Accepted
FSU: Accepted
UCF: Never replied? Applied in October and never heard since. I have no interest in going anyway, just applied as a backup for the backup.

Have wanted to go to UF since I was a little kid, so I was pretty fucking stoked when I got in.

GL to everyone that has yet to hear from the first choice school!
b3h47pte
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1317 Posts
March 25 2011 19:21 GMT
#272
On March 25 2011 11:11 hypno_toad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 11:04 b3h47pte wrote:
On March 25 2011 10:51 hypno_toad wrote:
I'm not the greatest student around, have average grades and some extracurricular activities..

Got into Becker College for Game Development, gaming is what I've always done, and what I do best, so why not turn it into a career


Woot! Another game developer
I remember seeing Becker College at a booth while I was at PAX East I believe.

Are you studying to be an artist or something else?



Looking towards the programming end of it, seeing as I've never been the greatest artist :x..
I might dual major with Game Design as well because when I was looking at the classes you take for Development and Design, they both had a lot of the same classes.

Taking AP CS and am not finding it too difficult atm, and once I start in college I'll start taking my classes very seriously.

oh and Development = programming/////Design = Art


Eh. Same thing xP
Hehe good luck.
prochobo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States232 Posts
March 25 2011 19:37 GMT
#273
Remember kids: college doesn't make you, it's you that makes you.

Even though I'm at a state university in a non-engineering major (CIS), I make more than alumni as a student with a career job. Depending on the field you plan on going into, experience will get you much further than college ever will.
feanor1
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1899 Posts
March 25 2011 19:49 GMT
#274
On March 26 2011 00:31 ChrisXIV wrote:
After reading through this thread, there is one thing I have to say: Holy shit.

Getting into a university/college in the USA seems really hard. If I understand it correctly, you need to have the best grades, do extremely well on some test and have extra-curricular stuff...and even then you're not guaranteed to go to top universities? :| Good luck everyone.

The people posting in this thread are attempting to get in the top 1% of schools. Plenty of mid tier and lower level schools to attend if you aren't a 4.0 student. all of the schools being listed here are pretty much world class schools, and unbelievably expensive unless you are instate for University of Cali or U of Michigan.
tube
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1475 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-31 00:17:54
March 25 2011 21:12 GMT
#275
got into uva (in-state), rejected from duke

2270, 4.52 gpa - rank 3 out of like 700

okay ec's, essays, recs, etc
Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection.
ScrubS
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands436 Posts
March 25 2011 21:20 GMT
#276
Can anyone tell me what the diffrence is between college and university? In Europe, ppl go to University (if ur smart) or some other, lower specialized education (such as becoming a elementary school teacher)
Kal_rA1
Profile Joined January 2011
160 Posts
March 25 2011 21:31 GMT
#277
On March 26 2011 06:20 ScrubS wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the diffrence is between college and university? In Europe, ppl go to University (if ur smart) or some other, lower specialized education (such as becoming a elementary school teacher)

i THINK that university is looked at as a 4 year place to study. College is only 2 years (i could be totally wrong lol). However, University is also loosely refereed to as College (very very oftern), but never the other way...
Jaedong Oz
ThumperSD
Profile Joined September 2010
United States333 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 21:32:40
March 25 2011 21:31 GMT
#278
Just got accepted to transfer to SDSU this fall with 70 units under my belt. Didn't bother applying to other colleges as I wanted to stay in my city.

3.71 transferable GPA
wake up your mind
fams
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada731 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 21:34:38
March 25 2011 21:33 GMT
#279
For those wondering how the College/University system works in Canada, I will break it down:

In high school we have two types of classes: Academic (University credits) and Applied (College/nothing credits)

Universities in Canada require you to have Academic credits in order to be accepted.

College's will accept Academic AND Applied credits.

Now...Colleges are usually diploma or certificate programs. By these I mean, any trade (welding, electrician, mechanic, etc.) or you can take a diploma program, things such as business or whatever.

You DO NOT get a degree from a College, only a diploma, certificate, etc.

Universities on the other hand, are where you can get your Bachelors, MBAs, PHDs, etc.

Some people (like me currently) have to go to College first, receive my diploma, and then go to University, since in high school, I did not have Academic classes. However, many Colleges have what we call "articulation agreements" with Universities, where, if we completed our College courses and received our diploma, we can jump into the last two years of a 4 year degree.
(note: Articulation agreements are school specific, and are something you should look into before you go to College, hoping to go to University.)


I think that covers how the Canadian system works. Lemme know if you have questions or if someone from Canada wants to add anything to this : )
http://www.twitter.com/famsytron/
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 21:35:25
March 25 2011 21:34 GMT
#280
On March 26 2011 06:20 ScrubS wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the diffrence is between college and university? In Europe, ppl go to University (if ur smart) or some other, lower specialized education (such as becoming a elementary school teacher)


I believe the terms are interchangable, however some public universities I believe are more of the level of ''HBO'' in our country. Either way, I was wondering what does regents accepted/rejected or regents mean?
WriterXiao8~~
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 994
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
CosmosSc2 35
Railgan 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53182
Shuttle 7714
FanTaSy 2023
BeSt 517
Horang2 492
EffOrt 219
Soma 139
Mind 126
Last 124
Pusan 117
[ Show more ]
Zeus 102
Sexy 95
ggaemo 86
hero 72
Hyun 71
Sea.KH 67
Killer 62
Aegong 51
Snow 44
ToSsGirL 32
PianO 31
Bale 24
JYJ 20
NaDa 18
Sacsri 15
zelot 13
Rock 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3081
qojqva1727
Dendi1194
XcaliburYe270
420jenkins120
Counter-Strike
fl0m3632
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor704
Liquid`Hasu632
Other Games
B2W.Neo924
Beastyqt546
byalli423
Mlord380
Livibee213
Hui .173
ArmadaUGS123
Mew2King61
QueenE53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick725
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3472
Other Games
• WagamamaTV68
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 6m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 6m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 6m
Replay Cast
9h 6m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 6m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 6m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.