• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:52
CEST 15:52
KST 22:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7150 users

Starcraft gaining greater visibility? - Page 2

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Ploppytheman
Profile Joined April 2010
United States248 Posts
July 23 2010 05:33 GMT
#21
Hopefully E-Sports become as popular as they are in Korea. The main thing I hate about games is the inability to make money, as awesome and fun as SC2 is (or any game) that feeling of wasting time is still there (although I got my 1st job through games, and another as a QA for Sega, and several game studies, heh). Plus if you can make money off it chicks will like it AMIRITE!!!
youtube.com/ploppytheman for GAIMEZ!!!
jnay
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada107 Posts
July 23 2010 05:37 GMT
#22
Never knew #4 =o that's pretty cool. Wonder if practicing up there for a year is better than practicing down here for a year =]
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
July 23 2010 05:40 GMT
#23
a MIND BOGGLING 300 APM!!!!

...

i've hit 290 avg in games and i'm c-
someone tell them the correct answer is 500
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Spyfire242
Profile Joined March 2009
United States715 Posts
July 23 2010 06:08 GMT
#24
Why does this make me RAGE???
Entusman #55 Spyfire242!
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 06:21:44
July 23 2010 06:15 GMT
#25
On July 23 2010 15:13 goldenhorseshoe wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm not wonder that starcraft gaining greater visibbility of many gamers like me. We all know that starcraft1 makes noise when it's first release a decade ago, then many people waiting for the new release of starcraft2 even though that's the game needs to be fix......


*link removed by fakesteve don't sign up here to advertise*


What???

On topic, a lot of non-RTS players have been approaching me about SC2, although I doubt many will keep playing once they realize how difficult it really is.
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
DrTJEckleburg
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1080 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 06:16:23
July 23 2010 06:16 GMT
#26
Of course Jaedong isn't exactly comparable to Lebron James since the former actually wins championships, but I'll let that one slide.

I never knew it "only" sold 9.5 million copies, it makes me wonder if everyone predicting that millions will be sold instantly are wrong.
Im pretty good at whistling with my hands, especially when Im holding a whistle.
Spyfire242
Profile Joined March 2009
United States715 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 06:19:53
July 23 2010 06:18 GMT
#27
On July 23 2010 15:16 DrTJEckleburg wrote:
Of course Jaedong isn't exactly comparable to Lebron James since the former actually wins championships, but I'll let that one slide.

I never knew it "only" sold 9.5 million copies, it makes me wonder if everyone predicting that millions will be sold instantly are wrong.


I am pretty sure its more like 11 million. o.O;

Edit:source:http://www.next-gen.biz/news/blizzard-confirms-one-frontline-release-09
Entusman #55 Spyfire242!
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
July 23 2010 06:37 GMT
#28
lol #4 is funny. Didnt know about that.

About the fact that some people are interested in sc1, I dont really know. But what I can say is that there's a shitload of former players who are playing the game again before the release of sc2. I saw people I hadn't seen for years on europe bnet, and even my colleagues at office who've been casual players at the release of the game are playing it again now, 10 years later :D
ॐ
jax1492
Profile Joined November 2009
United States1632 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 06:48:16
July 23 2010 06:45 GMT
#29
I also see a lot of people watching the new campaign trailer on youtube i think its the most watched video today or something .... i think its going to lessen once the launch is over, sc2 or bw for that matter is more for the hardcore gamer. its not halo or mw2 you can't click and shoot it takes some skill or you lose alot ... the average gamer/casual gamer is not going to have the patience, i can't see many of my friends who play games like that will be interested in sc2.

omninmo
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
2349 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-23 06:47:05
July 23 2010 06:46 GMT
#30
This is the activlizzard spewing millions into marketing. some will stick around for another 12 years but most will just but the game because they see it on TV, play 6 campaign missions, then decide the game is either boring or too hard to play (on BNET).
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
July 23 2010 06:58 GMT
#31
I didn't know about the taking the game into space one (number 4). Cute I guess.

I always love when I hear the word "zerg" used by non SC players. The word is spreading and one day I fully expect to see it in a regular dictionary (already in urban)!
Altair
Profile Joined August 2009
243 Posts
July 23 2010 07:36 GMT
#32
As of now there are no plans to bring "StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty" to the Xbox360, PS3 or Wii.

Such a mind-boggling fact. lmao
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
July 23 2010 08:03 GMT
#33
On July 23 2010 15:58 On_Slaught wrote:
I didn't know about the taking the game into space one (number 4). Cute I guess.

I always love when I hear the word "zerg" used by non SC players. The word is spreading and one day I fully expect to see it in a regular dictionary (already in urban)!


i missed the space thing too! can you play starcraft in space? i imagine it would be hard....
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
July 23 2010 08:28 GMT
#34
Bleh, even though there is all this hype now about sc2. I doubt many of the non-RTS players who buy the game will stick to it for more than a month.

And it actually annoys me whenever I hear the word "zerg" used by non SC players. They talk like they know what they're talking about.
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
starfries
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada3508 Posts
July 23 2010 08:28 GMT
#35
I thought "kekeke" WAS from the Starcraft community, seeing how it's Korean and all
DJ – do you like ramen, Savior? Savior – not really. Bisu – I eat it often. Flash – I’m a maniac! | Foxer Fighting!
Onegu
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States9699 Posts
July 23 2010 08:28 GMT
#36
The only one I didn't know about was #4, and I knew that Korean Pros bank I just didn't know the exact amount. But it is still nice to see how much SC2 is being publicized.
Try TL Mafia!!!
serenidite
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Korea (South)505 Posts
July 23 2010 08:44 GMT
#37
sc2 commercials have got some of my friends excited
they're thinking of getting it <3

they're all coming to me
"YOU PLAY STARCRAFT RIGHTTT?"

" Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
July 23 2010 08:46 GMT
#38
My friends independantly learned quite a bit about SC2 without my intervention. I offered them beta keys but then forgot but they will probably buy it anyway.
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
konadora *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Singapore66365 Posts
July 23 2010 09:01 GMT
#39
All my friends are asking me about SC2 (and sometimes, BW) now because I'm korean :3
POGGERS
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
July 23 2010 09:03 GMT
#40
I seen a Starcraft 2 poster at my local Wal-Mart. I doubt that poster will have much effect because I live in deep south Louisiana. lol
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech133
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4422
Jaedong 2397
Leta 2249
Soulkey 1875
EffOrt 1036
Soma 643
Mini 452
Horang2 388
BeSt 314
Light 294
[ Show more ]
Rush 265
Stork 261
Larva 209
Snow 173
ggaemo 139
Killer 131
Pusan 127
Barracks 124
Zeus 113
hero 100
firebathero 94
JYJ 86
Mong 60
Sea.KH 58
Sharp 39
ToSsGirL 33
Aegong 29
Shinee 28
Bale 28
sorry 23
zelot 21
Sexy 19
Sacsri 10
Rock 9
Shine 9
JulyZerg 9
Terrorterran 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6476
qojqva1263
Dendi741
XaKoH 457
Counter-Strike
Fnx 553
kRYSTAL_276
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4213
Khaldor158
Other Games
gofns44799
singsing1662
olofmeister1268
B2W.Neo797
byalli551
Lowko385
Livibee195
DeMusliM195
mouzStarbuck172
Liquid`VortiX133
ArmadaUGS99
OGKoka 91
Chillindude13
Railgan10
amsayoshi0
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV403
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream185
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 56
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV359
League of Legends
• Jankos1779
• Nemesis1568
• TFBlade406
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 8m
Kung Fu Cup
21h 8m
The PondCast
1d 20h
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.