• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:47
CEST 07:47
KST 14:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5693 users

Onemanga Falls - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
maneatingshoe
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada484 Posts
July 22 2010 15:36 GMT
#101
Goodbye Onemanga, this is definitely going to make it harder to keep up on all my manga, as well as grinding out new ones D:
Sosseres
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden41 Posts
July 22 2010 15:39 GMT
#102
On July 22 2010 23:55 Garnet wrote:
gotlurk.net down for anyone?


It didn't get enough donations to keep the server up, so it is down until enough donations are in.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 22 2010 15:40 GMT
#103
wtf @ paying $10-15 per volume.

Now that is fucked up... this industry is completely backwards with its business strategy...
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
July 22 2010 15:47 GMT
#104
Oh that's right. $10-15 is the English translation prices. Hahaha. I'm sorry. I read a few and gave up on the English translations a few years ago. The English versions are not worth it.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
aers *
Profile Joined January 2009
United States1210 Posts
July 22 2010 15:47 GMT
#105
Considering how lucrative OneManga must have been (it was in top 400 Alexa traffic rankings) I can definitely see someone who doesn't give a damn about the publishers and who's capable of hosting a site somewhere they can't touch stepping in to fill the void.
blankspace
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States292 Posts
July 22 2010 15:48 GMT
#106
Thanks for the insight haji.

I don't think it's the right move to shut down sites like onemanga. The majority of that reader base is not suddenly going to buy manga because of that as they can still find scanlations online. All it does is worsen the relationship between the global readerbase and the publication companies. Even if they shut down all major avenues of online illegal distribution it would just crush interest and squander a very good opportunity to tap into the global market.

I definitely agree that setting up subscription services would be a good move. One problem is that illegally uploaded manga would still be all over the net, reducing the incentive to subscribe. However, if the online subscription websites were very professional, convenient, and up-to-date and not too expensive I think that people would eventually shift over.

One example I think of today is netflix, which is doing very well as of late. Although in the age of piracy where many movies can be found online, the fact that netflix is not that expensive and provides a reliable source of movies attracts many subscribers.
Hello friends
Deadlyhazard
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1177 Posts
July 22 2010 16:10 GMT
#107
Awww, I read Solanin there.
Hark!
SwEEt[TearS]
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1575 Posts
July 22 2010 16:21 GMT
#108
On July 23 2010 00:40 thedeadhaji wrote:
wtf @ paying $10-15 per volume.

Now that is fucked up... this industry is completely backwards with its business strategy...


yeah to give you an idea like,

in Quebec if you want translated mangas you have two options:

in most bookstores you'll find the french translation (lolfail french province) which actually comes from France. last I checked a lot of their work was based on the english translations so you had to wait even more to see a new volume come out (cause it had to be released in Japan, then be translated in English, sent to France then translated to French, then sent to Quebec). the reader base being rather scarce, you'd get releases about 2-3 months after it was released in France, and that's only if you were going after the popular titles (One Piece, Shaman King, Bleach and Naruto for the most part). I remember one time I went to France for a family vacation and I had started Death Note in Quebec, France had 3 volumes more than we had. I raged.

if you want them in English though, you can go to Montreal in very select bookstores that are english based but forced to offer books in french as well. they'll have some titles, but no more than 1-2 of each volume so quite often what would happen is on release days you wouldn't get the volume you were after because someone got there before you.

I say all this but I haven't bought seriously in like 3 years so the situation might've changed. I kinda doubt it though.

as far as prices go, although english books seem to be of higher quality (bigger volume, better printing), they're the cheapest. for an average volume you'd pay somewhere between $11 and $13, whereas for the french ones there'd be nothing under $14. Mangakana is so bad.
#1 arb fan -- Raelcun is Nuclear backwards. Rekrul is Lurker backwards. Grobyc is Cyborg backwards. Eniram is Marine backwards.
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
July 22 2010 16:31 GMT
#109
Nooooooo where else can I read One Piece?
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Full.tilt
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom1709 Posts
July 22 2010 17:17 GMT
#110
http://manga.animea.net/browse.html

Has lots.
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
July 22 2010 17:21 GMT
#111
On July 23 2010 00:40 thedeadhaji wrote:
wtf @ paying $10-15 per volume.

Now that is fucked up... this industry is completely backwards with its business strategy...


I had written up a post saying basically the same thing, but decide not to post it for whatever reason. I enjoy manga occasionally, and I'll admit to using sites like Mangafox and Onemanga. I'd be more than happy to support the people creating the works, but when a manga can run over 20-30 volumes easily, at that price, it quickly adds up. And there's no way in hell I'm paying that much for something I'll read a few times at most; it's just not a feasible expense for a casual reader.

However, if a decent amount of publishers came together with a good list of titles, and charged say, $10-20 a month for unlimited access to their collection, I'd jump on the opportunity. Even though there would probably be months where I didn't use it at all, and would have been better off buying a volume or two.
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
Madkipz
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Norway1643 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-22 17:23:15
July 22 2010 17:21 GMT
#112
http://www.thespectrum.net/ is still up, didnt wade trough the pages but this site is up and going.

as for onemanga etc, this would not really be a problem if distribution was more streamlined on the net and easier. ;:/
"Mudkip"
vileChAnCe
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada525 Posts
July 22 2010 17:33 GMT
#113
this is dumb i still support my writers by buying their shit I love ODA! but it's so damn hard to wait 5 years to read the next chapter...
Day[9] i've broken 6 mice, 5 keyboards, 3 pairs of headphones, and a mousepad, all from raging after starcraft losing streaks
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
July 22 2010 17:34 GMT
#114
wtf no! RIP
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
Taku
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada2036 Posts
July 22 2010 17:39 GMT
#115
On July 23 2010 00:40 thedeadhaji wrote:
wtf @ paying $10-15 per volume.

Now that is fucked up... this industry is completely backwards with its business strategy...

Yeah I honestly don't get how 500 Yen->$10-$15. And as someone else mentioned, the manga reader sites are actually kinda shady imo considering how much ad revenue they've probably been getting leeching and hitching a free ride off the backs of scanlator groups.
When SC2 came for BW, I cried. Now LoL/Dota2 comes for SC2, and I laugh. \o/
lethal111
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada460 Posts
July 22 2010 18:36 GMT
#116
Wow that sucks, where else can we read manga, I have used that site for awhile and now they shut down sucks!
Corbie
Profile Joined June 2010
United States65 Posts
July 22 2010 19:10 GMT
#117
I'm not particularly surprised, they've been systematically taking down different mangas for the past year now. Fortunately the only ones I'm still reading are pretty popular and can be found all over the place. RIP OneManga.
TDC
Profile Joined May 2010
United States197 Posts
July 22 2010 20:00 GMT
#118
just gonna find another illegal manga website ;D
Top 25 master league Toss http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/1253149/TDC
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
July 22 2010 20:25 GMT
#119
I wonder if this will be the dawn of the death of anime and manga, or if it will make anime more marketable? It's honestly difficult to say, as any anime/manga lovers I know generally have no money.
SwEEt[TearS]
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1575 Posts
July 22 2010 20:34 GMT
#120
meh, took me about 3 hours to change all my mangashotokan/OM bookmarks to Mangafox, unixmanga, mangavolume and mangareader. I wanted to use manga.animea more but it seems behind on a lot of what I read =/'

I also bookmarked all the scanlation/translation groups so if all fails I got some pretty heavy backup
god damnit that was long and boring.

oh wait, I still have to do my plan to read list
fml.
it'll wait, it'll wait.
#1 arb fan -- Raelcun is Nuclear backwards. Rekrul is Lurker backwards. Grobyc is Cyborg backwards. Eniram is Marine backwards.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 119
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2234
GuemChi 637
Snow 170
Leta 130
Bale 30
Noble 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Icarus 8
Dota 2
febbydoto12
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King140
Other Games
summit1g7116
WinterStarcraft353
C9.Mang0259
Sick153
ViBE81
Trikslyr36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick492
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2177
League of Legends
• Lourlo1390
• Stunt488
Other Games
• Shiphtur543
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 14m
Patches Events
10h 14m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.