• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:18
CEST 22:18
KST 05:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8706 users

Onemanga Falls - Page 3

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
July 22 2010 08:42 GMT
#41
omg what about Hajime no Ippo O_o
Writerptrk
Yamoth
Profile Joined February 2009
United States315 Posts
July 22 2010 08:43 GMT
#42
There is always 1000manga, plus I have a feeling someone going to pop up really soon with an also exact carbon copy of onemanga.
Lovedrop
Profile Joined April 2010
2629 Posts
July 22 2010 08:50 GMT
#43
isnt' 1000manga onemanga's mature section ? im sure that will closed down as well.
Writerundefeated thunderdome champion 。゚+.(o´・ω・`o)+.゚。イィ!! :+:+: @lubdrop
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
July 22 2010 08:50 GMT
#44
Seriously, how hard can it be to find Hajime no Ippo...
http://endlessabyss.host56.com/

As far as the scan community is concerned it'll probably be stronger without onemanga-ilk websites that merely hijack content and distribute. Most readers probably have never interacted with the scan community in their life.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
samachking
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Bahrain4949 Posts
July 22 2010 08:59 GMT
#45
On July 22 2010 17:42 ArvickHero wrote:
omg what about Hajime no Ippo O_o


http://www.confusticated.com/ignition-one/Hajime_no_Ippo/001/01/1100/1/

Ignition-One's website(the Ippo Scanners), have their own manga viewer where you can view their own scans.

Do people seriously think its hard to find manga? There are hundreds of sites out there just dedicated to streaming manga online(just search manga online on google and you'll see what I mean, onemanga is simply the most popular site, that's it), besides, it's always easier to grab bundles on torrent(bakabt/animebytes/demonoid have a good collection, and those are what I use) and read on cdisplay with higher quality images. You can also find plenty of manga on irc or the scanlators' own websites. You just have to search a little bit more, by that I mean just finding a proper website just by a simple google search, or a nice torrent tracker.
"And then Earthlings discovered tools. Suddenly agreeing with friends could be a form of suicide or worse. But agreements went on, not for the sake of common sense, or decency, or self preservation, but for friendliness."
Groslouser
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
France337 Posts
July 22 2010 09:01 GMT
#46
Yeah i just saw the same message.

Well, i guess i'll switch to Mangafox for a while. And if they shut that too i'll go back to irc.

No one told to the publisher that the "stopped the piracy" achievment is a prank made by the internet dev's? no one is going to get it.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 22 2010 09:09 GMT
#47
The primary reason for this debacle is that the japanese publishing industry is still stuck in the stone age. The country is ALL about "perks" that would aptly be called special interests in the states. They dont like change, because change means that they lose their perks. This is actually true in basically every single industry in japan. (the country is going down the shitter imo)

They hate change, and they hate figuring out new schemes. For us teens-20somethings, the task seems straightforward enough - have something like a 3 week buffer for authors to hand in the hard copies -> parallel line for in house translators to do their work / normal publication route -> outsource the physical printing of magazines abroad -> simultaneous release of magazine globally.

Or you of course have the option of making 50cent downloads of manga translations available globally.

But as I said earlier, the people in charge are utter morons.

Also, the publication industry is deathly averse towards digital media. It's only in 2010 that the Nikkei (economic paper) created an online version of its newspaper. I wonder how long the Wall Street Journal has had an online subscription. They're super comforable with the way things are and the way the revenue streams have been setup, that they oppose anything that requires innovation / reconstruction.

Because japanese business is very much "buddy buddy", going towards digital media means that the companies that do the paper production, the physical bookstores, the shipping companies, etcetc are tied into this huge mess of a knot where they simply disallow change.

Do you know what Japan's response to downlaodable digital books is? It's to have a "downloader" at the bookstores where you can download digital books onto your reader. WTF LOL. This is all because the physical bookstores dont want to lose customer traffic. Do they not even realize that they're being owned by amazon already anyways??? They're fighting a battle they've already lost, just that they dont even know that they've already lost.

Here's another example of how out of tune the industry is with the 21st century. The cost of buying a Detective Conan volume on your iphone is 450yen iirc. That's actually HIGHER than the physical book.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 22 2010 09:14 GMT
#48
I can seriously go on and on about how fucked up and out of touch japanese industry is, but I'll summarize is with this.

Japanese industry tries incredibly hard to maintain the rules of the "old game" (ie the way things used to work). They refuse to innovate and adapt to the new technologies and consumer expectations that have become prevalent in the world. Instead of embracing digital media, they choose to stop its proliferation by any means possible. If I were in charge, I would do everything I could to make it as easy as possible to access and consume globally in a legal manner.
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
July 22 2010 09:18 GMT
#49
Certainly, marketing mistakes by the Japanese publisher has been why these online reading sites have flourished. It could be a lot better for a lower price. That is correct.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
ironchef
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Canada1350 Posts
July 22 2010 09:22 GMT
#50
wow. Thanks for the insight haji. It frustrates me to read that, since I've had similar gripes about people being too lazy or scared to try digital media for things like TV, music etc.

Never really thought of what Japan was like with respect to that, but given their high tech reputation, I am disappoint.
“Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also.” - Marcus Aurelius
Reaper9
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1724 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-22 09:30:41
July 22 2010 09:28 GMT
#51
I'm rather dissapointed that the publishers don't realize that the majority of people DO NOT have money anymore to afford vast volumes of manga books. Also, since many publishers think we are culturally inept, they tend to change content because they fear we won't "understand". For that my friends, there is always Google and side translations. I buy when I can, but simply it is not cost effective anymore when I am jobless, and am in college. However, I do see the publisher's side of the argument, no matter how unsound it is. What I really wish for is the writers to make more, not the Publishers who usually take the lions share. It is at times like this that I resume working on my own hand created story with vigor. If I can't have other people's worlds, then I shall create my own.
I post only when my brain works.
Taku
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada2036 Posts
July 22 2010 09:29 GMT
#52
I don't see why the the licensing companies insist on pissing off the only group of people who would fit into their niche target. People who eventually do buy manga do it after being first exposed to the scanned versions. Dunno, after the last few years, I've refused to give a single cent to a licensing company because of their policies. Maybe if the old guard dies out they'll let someone with brains run the scene. Looking at the anime industry, at least they're moving a step in the right direction after going to the brink. In fact, I'd rather import it from amazon JP as opposed to buying it at my local chapters. Of course not everyone can read Japanese but meh? >_>

Thank god for PD and the fact that there is a book-off in Vancouver :3
When SC2 came for BW, I cried. Now LoL/Dota2 comes for SC2, and I laugh. \o/
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
July 22 2010 09:38 GMT
#53
This is unbelieveable... That site was pure amazing
Had many many mangas and it was truly a site loved by all who went there.....
I can't believe one of my most visited site is going down.....
what is irc?
what was stage6?
Why did this have to happen...... T-T
One Manga you will be missed
So, if Mangafox, Onemanga, and other places go down, where will we read manga from now on?

ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
tissue
Profile Joined April 2009
Malaysia441 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-22 09:50:08
July 22 2010 09:42 GMT
#54
I wonder if their people even scanned/translated 1% of the hoards of manga they re-pirated while earning ad revenue out the wazoo. If at any point in time you contributed towards scanning and translating a manga series, you were basically working for them. Anonymously and for free.

While scanslators provide an essential service free of charge, it's not wrong to expect a bit of credit. When someone is denying you even e-props, it's so easy to give up and stop doing what you do, since it's a pain in the ass to translate anyway.
shindigs
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4795 Posts
July 22 2010 09:44 GMT
#55
On July 22 2010 18:14 thedeadhaji wrote:
I can seriously go on and on about how fucked up and out of touch japanese industry is, but I'll summarize is with this.

Japanese industry tries incredibly hard to maintain the rules of the "old game" (ie the way things used to work). They refuse to innovate and adapt to the new technologies and consumer expectations that have become prevalent in the world. Instead of embracing digital media, they choose to stop its proliferation by any means possible. If I were in charge, I would do everything I could to make it as easy as possible to access and consume globally in a legal manner.


Enlightening stuff haji, thanks!

It's even more bizarre for a country who has great infrastructure for digital distribution but stick with the print. I guess tradition runs really deep in their culture.
Photographer@shindags || twitch.tv/shindigs
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
July 22 2010 09:44 GMT
#56
Oh well, I guess there's always scanlators' own pages or IRC left. A bit more hassle though.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 22 2010 09:57 GMT
#57
On July 22 2010 18:28 Reaper9 wrote:
What I really wish for is the writers to make more, not the Publishers who usually take the lions share.


I've had the chance to meet some key players in the doujin sector (fan made, fan sold), and their profit margins are incredible. Quality is pretty damn top notch as well. Talking with those guys is one of the main reasons I'm sold on the direct producer to consumer consumption model.


On July 22 2010 18:29 Taku wrote:
I don't see why the the licensing companies insist on pissing off the only group of people who would fit into their niche target. People who eventually do buy manga do it after being first exposed to the scanned versions.


Totally agree. I think in this age of digital piracy, consumption will be replaced with "support". When people can get copies for free, the only times they will actually choose to give money is when they "choose to" rather than having to do so.

Also, traditional companies that try to derive revenue off of the path well traveled have no idea wtf they are doing w/ regards to the future.


On July 22 2010 18:44 shindigs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2010 18:14 thedeadhaji wrote:
I can seriously go on and on about how fucked up and out of touch japanese industry is, but I'll summarize is with this.

Japanese industry tries incredibly hard to maintain the rules of the "old game" (ie the way things used to work). They refuse to innovate and adapt to the new technologies and consumer expectations that have become prevalent in the world. Instead of embracing digital media, they choose to stop its proliferation by any means possible. If I were in charge, I would do everything I could to make it as easy as possible to access and consume globally in a legal manner.


Enlightening stuff haji, thanks!

It's even more bizarre for a country who has great infrastructure for digital distribution but stick with the print. I guess tradition runs really deep in their culture.


Yes, it's really mindboggling, esp since just this week, the Softbank CEO pressured the govt into developing fiber optic internet for every single household in japan.

Print, mass media, and the tv industry are the 3 most well paying, uninnovative areas in japan. They are ridiculously well paid, and fear anything that can upset the status quo that has brought them their wealth that is completely undeserved. (btw the tv industry and newspaper industry is completely falling apart, as you might expect)

In this age, I sincerely believe that alienating your consumer base means a certain death. Consumers have a CHOICE now, and creators need to convince the customer that they do want to consume their product, rather than something else (or for free).
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
July 22 2010 10:14 GMT
#58
Creators also need to reduce their distribution OVERHEAD costs. Paper publishing, store fronts, and shipping are all overhead in the process of delivering content. Sometimes when the content is good enough, people actually will pay the premium of a hard paper copy. Most of the time when the content is disposable crap, electronic versions are good enough and much less expensive.

Unfortunately having massive overhead means keeping a lot of people employed.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
July 22 2010 10:15 GMT
#59
Whoa i never relised it was that bad, awesome posts haji thanks
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Nyovne
Profile Joined March 2006
Netherlands19141 Posts
July 22 2010 10:20 GMT
#60
Thanks haji, good read and RIP onemanga .
ModeratorFor remember, that in the end, some are born to live, others born to die. I belong to those last, born to burn, born to cry. For I shall remain alone... forsaken.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 466
ProTech142
BRAT_OK 94
Railgan 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1534
Dewaltoss 109
Trap 27
Bale 14
Dota 2
420jenkins522
Counter-Strike
fl0m4033
Fnx 628
kRYSTAL_30
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4458
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
summit1g4791
Liquid`RaSZi2062
FrodaN870
B2W.Neo547
XaKoH 239
ToD186
C9.Mang0185
RotterdaM92
UpATreeSC73
QueenE64
Mew2King33
PPMD23
JuggernautJason13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2873
Other Games
• Shiphtur1166
• imaqtpie811
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 42m
Patches Events
19h 42m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.