• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:19
CEST 16:19
KST 23:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7633 users

Diplomacy, the board game - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
June 03 2009 03:26 GMT
#41
I drew Germany and have been messaging as such. But that was definitely not on my list of preferences. Not that important, though.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
Macavenger
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1132 Posts
June 03 2009 03:28 GMT
#42
I don't have any messages from Germany yet T_T No love for the Turks?

Haven't started sending out any messages yet personally until a couple more people weigh in, but I'm thinking it's probably best to just play it out as it is now unless someone is really unhappy with which power they got.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
June 03 2009 03:50 GMT
#43
Argh, just as I was totally getting into character of the French

I mean...my irl name is even French! It would've been perfect...ah well, time to get this Russian wave on track unless stenole changes everything back to how it was originally planned.
Luddite
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2315 Posts
June 03 2009 05:14 GMT
#44
I'd definitely prefer to play as Russia rather than Italy, but I'm willing to go through with it the way it is if that's what you guys want to do.
Can't believe I'm still here playing this same game
stenole
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Norway869 Posts
June 03 2009 05:22 GMT
#45
I guess the website decided to give us random countries. All the PMs I got had people saying they would play anything, so I guess we're fine. Only 2 of you got your first choices anyway. And since we're not all equally experienced at this game, I would argue that it's more fair to keep people out of their comfort zones. I'm Austria now. I'm so clueless as to what to do. In a way I'm glad because I had made some bad promises when I thought I was Germany.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-03 05:28:20
June 03 2009 05:26 GMT
#46
On June 03 2009 14:22 stenole wrote:
I guess the website decided to give us random countries. All the PMs I got had people saying they would play anything, so I guess we're fine. Only 2 of you got your first choices anyway. And since we're not all equally experienced at this game, I would argue that it's more fair to keep people out of their comfort zones. I'm Austria now. I'm so clueless as to what to do. In a way I'm glad because I had made some bad promises when I thought I was Germany.
Bad promises? I thought we could've had an alliance France+Germany pals for life!

You broke my heart man...
Macavenger
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1132 Posts
June 03 2009 05:26 GMT
#47
Ok, so since we're pretty officially starting with the new powers now, stenole, Falcynn, 'fess up, you two were allied against me in the original, weren't you?
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
June 03 2009 05:29 GMT
#48
On June 03 2009 14:26 Falcynn wrote:
Bad promises? I thought we could've had an alliance France+Germany pals for life!
seems pretty obvious to me.
stenole
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Norway869 Posts
June 03 2009 07:28 GMT
#49
You can't be allied when no orders were turned in. I admit nothing.
ReketSomething
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6012 Posts
June 03 2009 07:31 GMT
#50
This game is SOOO good! In high school, my friend made a War Games club and I played this game every thursday during lunch. dipbounce is a good place to play online too. GERMANY//TURKEY FTW.
Jaedong :3
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
June 03 2009 12:49 GMT
#51
My favorite alliance is easily the Maritime - England and Italy. Alas, I play as neither power this time around.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
June 03 2009 13:30 GMT
#52
First moves are out...and damn it Germany, wtf do you think you're doing?
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
June 03 2009 13:37 GMT
#53
Trying to get a read on as many people as possible while running as little risk as possible?
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
June 03 2009 13:58 GMT
#54
I've seen this opening before (twice actually) and with the way it was used against me you can understand if I'm a bit hesitant as to trust you right now.
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
June 03 2009 14:12 GMT
#55
The thing is, it's supremely adaptable and rarely scares anyone but Russia, so in a game with people I've never played with before it seemed like a good enough option, given that Russia and Germany fighting is rarely a desirable outcome.

'Sides, if I really wanted to fight Russia, I would have just moved to Sil as well, screw the DMZ. ^^
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
June 03 2009 14:30 GMT
#56
Hey do you guys want a publish a move list here instead of keeping us in the dark? It'd be fun to watch ^_^
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
June 03 2009 14:37 GMT
#57
I'm down with that, and rather than taking a vote (a distinctly anti-Diplomatic thing to do) I'll just post up the Spring 1901 orders here, and take them down if too many people threaten to kill me or something.

Spring 1901

England:
The fleet at Edinburgh move to North Sea.
The army at Liverpool move to Yorkshire.
The fleet at London move to English Channel.
France:
The army at Marseilles move to Burgundy.
The army at Paris move to Gascony.
The fleet at Brest move to Mid-Atlantic Ocean.
Italy:
The army at Venice hold.
The army at Rome move to Apulia.
The fleet at Naples move to Ionian Sea.
Germany:
The army at Munich move to Kiel.
The army at Berlin move to Prussia.
The fleet at Kiel move to Baltic Sea.
Austria:
The army at Vienna move to Galicia.
The fleet at Trieste move to Venice.
The army at Budapest move to Serbia.
Turkey:
The army at Constantinople move to Bulgaria.
The fleet at Ankara move to Black Sea.
The army at Smyrna move to Constantinople.
Russia:
The army at Moscow move to Ukraine.
The fleet at St. Petersburg (South Coast) move to Gulf of Bothnia.
The army at Warsaw move to Galicia.
The fleet at Sevastopol move to Black Sea.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-03 15:02:30
June 03 2009 14:55 GMT
#58
and the player list in the OP is accurate now so you guys should know which country is who.

Edit:
On June 03 2009 23:12 Musoeun wrote:
'Sides, if I really wanted to fight Russia, I would have just moved to Sil as well, screw the DMZ. ^^
Not exactly because that move would've seriously sucked. eh whatever, I'll have to see what you build in winter to see for sure if I'm being threatened...
Falcynn
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3597 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-06-03 19:41:56
June 03 2009 18:03 GMT
#59
oh and if anyone wants to see a map here it is
Spring 1901
[image loading]


Like Musoeun I'll take this down if people want. (oh and of course, if you're not playing please refrain from giving advice this is just for anyone interested in spectating)
Macavenger
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1132 Posts
June 03 2009 18:06 GMT
#60
I can't see any reason for moves or maps to be taken down, it's not like we're posting classified information here or anything. Everyone in the game has access to all of it.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1123
RotterdaM632
SteadfastSC296
TKL 229
Rex132
CosmosSc2 39
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 632
SteadfastSC 296
TKL 229
Rex 132
ProTech48
CosmosSc2 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42141
Calm 2957
Shuttle 2458
Jaedong 1621
Horang2 817
actioN 572
Soma 508
Mini 449
Soulkey 444
Rush 391
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 347
Stork 345
ZerO 262
BeSt 244
Larva 230
Snow 187
Mong 131
firebathero 124
hero 115
Zeus 96
Mind 84
910 71
Free 64
Hyun 47
sorry 43
Shine 42
Sharp 42
Shinee 36
PianO 33
Pusan 32
JYJ 30
ToSsGirL 29
Aegong 25
Sexy 25
Bale 23
HiyA 22
Terrorterran 21
Hm[arnc] 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Rock 12
Killer 12
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5476
Dendi1261
Counter-Strike
fl0m2242
Fnx 589
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King169
ChuDatz18
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko421
Other Games
singsing2229
hiko815
crisheroes508
B2W.Neo306
Liquid`RaSZi209
DeMusliM188
Khaldor188
Livibee183
Pyrionflax170
Liquid`VortiX147
dupreeh72
Trikslyr70
QueenE59
ZerO(Twitch)15
ceh90
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1400
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH231
• mYiSmile16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2112
• Jankos1586
• TFBlade593
• Noizen105
Other Games
• Shiphtur690
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 41m
The PondCast
19h 41m
INu's Battles
20h 41m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.