• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:09
CEST 22:09
KST 05:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7723 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 164

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 162 163 164 165 166 248 Next
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 29 2011 21:17 GMT
#3261
On December 30 2011 05:51 Capped wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 05:30 blade55555 wrote:
On December 30 2011 05:28 heishe wrote:
Am I the only one who feels like the servers are way underpopulated? I'm on a server who is on "VERY HEAVY" load constantly and sometimes (especially around 5pm when people come home from work) has queues, and still there are pretty much NEVER more than 30 or so people on the same planet as me. The highest it gets is the republic fleet, where there are usually around 40 people. This makes it incredibly hard to find groups, for example for 4 player heroic missions. The auction house, too, feels pretty empty.


Whenever I go to the republic fleet there are 80+ and lately 100+ as people start getting higher levels. I don't know how high of a level you are but you do have to realize not many are to high right now but I normally see 40+ on planets now which is nice just takes people awhile to level :D.


I play on chuundar which also fluctuates around very heavy.

Atm on nar'shaadda there are about an average of 50-80 people. On any given planet 50-100 is the norm.

On the fleet 70-100, i dont think ive been there at peak time as im either off or busy levelling.

Getting groups for quests / FP's never an issue ~10 mins or so. PvP queues are freakin super quick :D

Maybe your on the unpopulated side.


I am also level 47 where there are not that many people that high. PvP is always quick for me to. but I don't see 50+ on planets normally at 47 unless I go to a lower level one.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Perfect
Profile Joined August 2010
United States322 Posts
December 29 2011 22:05 GMT
#3262
last night coruscant had 250 ppl on my server.

Althought we got early access so most of those that also got early access were limited to fewer servers then exist now.
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
December 29 2011 22:54 GMT
#3263
How long should I wait for the confirmation email from EA before I start to worry? I got the 'you'll recieve an email shortly' screen after paying for the game about 30 minutes ago, and the game isn't showing up in the origin purchase history.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 29 2011 22:57 GMT
#3264
On December 30 2011 07:54 Eschaton wrote:
How long should I wait for the confirmation email from EA before I start to worry? I got the 'you'll recieve an email shortly' screen after paying for the game about 30 minutes ago, and the game isn't showing up in the origin purchase history.


You should have the game then? Did you pay for a monthly subscription? Did you check junk e-mail? The origin history viewer is honestly terrible. I looked at past things I bought on the origin history and showed nothing even though I bought BF3, swtor from them lol. So I think its bugged/broken (when I login to origin have my bf3 of course and everything).
When I think of something else, something will go here
Eschaton
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1245 Posts
December 30 2011 02:48 GMT
#3265
On December 30 2011 07:57 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 07:54 Eschaton wrote:
How long should I wait for the confirmation email from EA before I start to worry? I got the 'you'll recieve an email shortly' screen after paying for the game about 30 minutes ago, and the game isn't showing up in the origin purchase history.


You should have the game then? Did you pay for a monthly subscription? Did you check junk e-mail? The origin history viewer is honestly terrible. I looked at past things I bought on the origin history and showed nothing even though I bought BF3, swtor from them lol. So I think its bugged/broken (when I login to origin have my bf3 of course and everything).


I eventually did get the email, an hour after I paid. It never did show up in the Origin purchase history. Wishing it was just on Steam...
VPCursed
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
1044 Posts
December 30 2011 03:02 GMT
#3266
if you're still on the fence with the game, i highly recommend it... absolutely amazing MMO... and imho revolutionizing future mmos, but not as drastic as WoW's effect on the genre :D
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
December 30 2011 03:05 GMT
#3267
On December 30 2011 11:48 Eschaton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 07:57 blade55555 wrote:
On December 30 2011 07:54 Eschaton wrote:
How long should I wait for the confirmation email from EA before I start to worry? I got the 'you'll recieve an email shortly' screen after paying for the game about 30 minutes ago, and the game isn't showing up in the origin purchase history.


You should have the game then? Did you pay for a monthly subscription? Did you check junk e-mail? The origin history viewer is honestly terrible. I looked at past things I bought on the origin history and showed nothing even though I bought BF3, swtor from them lol. So I think its bugged/broken (when I login to origin have my bf3 of course and everything).


I eventually did get the email, an hour after I paid. It never did show up in the Origin purchase history. Wishing it was just on Steam...

had that too, it took 2 fucking hours

I was so close to phoning EA/origin

then I realized their website is fucking stupid and their customer support horrible, but I did get the game.
WriterXiao8~~
Silidons
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2813 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 05:30:18
December 30 2011 04:15 GMT
#3268
I just bought the game and got all the codes within 5 minutes. I thought it didn't DL the game that fast in origin, not sure what it actually loaded in Origin since it took like 2 mins but now I'm DLing @5mb/s of the actual game...hopefully playing in about 20 mins

I'm psyched!

god been downloading for like an hour now...this game must be huge...going at 5mb/s steady also
"God fights on the side with the best artillery." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Drmooose
Profile Joined March 2011
United States390 Posts
December 30 2011 08:00 GMT
#3269
Is this game worth it for a Star Wars fan who has had no real interest in MMOs in the past? (I tend to shy away from monthly fees for stuff...) I'm really on the fence as to if I should pick this up or grab Skyrim instead. How good is the story? I don't really plan on playing it past the time Diablo 3 comes out. Would it be worth the investment?
I have a question...
Zerothegreat
Profile Joined September 2010
United States787 Posts
December 30 2011 08:07 GMT
#3270
On December 30 2011 17:00 Drmooose wrote:
Is this game worth it for a Star Wars fan who has had no real interest in MMOs in the past? (I tend to shy away from monthly fees for stuff...) I'm really on the fence as to if I should pick this up or grab Skyrim instead. How good is the story? I don't really plan on playing it past the time Diablo 3 comes out. Would it be worth the investment?


If you enjoyed the previous KOTOR games, I believe you will like it. The story itself is worth the money in my opinion. But that being said, Skyrim is totally awesome too. It has DRAGONS!
teer
Profile Joined September 2010
United States189 Posts
December 30 2011 08:10 GMT
#3271
I fell in love with this game at the start. It was fun and the story was very enthralling. Now at lvl 28 BH merc it has become a feeling of working and not playing and having fun. So i rolled a new character. Theres a bit of new questing involved with new main storyline to advance through but a lot of the same quests. Its getting harder and harder for me to log on and want to play.
StarMega
Profile Joined October 2011
United States34 Posts
December 30 2011 08:35 GMT
#3272
so in bgs is there an easy way to target people or can you only just click? >.>
Aspiring Foreign Hope
Pippi
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden540 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 08:36:16
December 30 2011 08:35 GMT
#3273
On December 30 2011 17:00 Drmooose wrote:
Is this game worth it for a Star Wars fan who has had no real interest in MMOs in the past? (I tend to shy away from monthly fees for stuff...) I'm really on the fence as to if I should pick this up or grab Skyrim instead. How good is the story? I don't really plan on playing it past the time Diablo 3 comes out. Would it be worth the investment?


The story is really well done and there is amazing voice acting in SWTOR. I have many friends that play with me, so we can always do "flashpoints", group quest and PvP together which is really funnzies. But I whould say: if you can play with some friends or like to interact with other people then buy SWTOR, else go for skyrim.

EDIT: For the poster above, use tab!
Toast and coffe
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
December 30 2011 08:51 GMT
#3274
I actually found alot of the voice acting to be downright Terrible, at best.
England will fight to the last American
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10962 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 09:06:11
December 30 2011 08:56 GMT
#3275
On December 30 2011 17:51 KaiserJohan wrote:
I actually found alot of the voice acting to be downright Terrible, at best.


At least the German voice acting is done by professionals. As an example, i'm pretty sure i heard Kevin Sapcy's (sp) "german voice" speak some NPC (he probably did more, but on that one the speaker really used "that" voice .



My only problem is, that i still don't know what to play :/.
Bounty Hunter (merc)?
Imperial Agent (both)?

Terrible



Btw:
Most people in the Imperial fleet on my server seem to search for "Athiss" groups... So that makes them around lvl 25?... Everyone above 40 is for sure ahead of the curve.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
December 30 2011 09:06 GMT
#3276
On December 30 2011 17:51 KaiserJohan wrote:
I actually found alot of the voice acting to be downright Terrible, at best.


Just curious are you playing in English or a different language?

I feel the English ones are really good but that's my opinion of course no idea how it is in other languages .
When I think of something else, something will go here
AeonStrife
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States918 Posts
December 30 2011 09:26 GMT
#3277
Currently at lvl 15. The game is so far fun. Its a like playing Mass Effect meets WoW with Star War references in it. My only major complaint is that there are no macros...very huge down side imo.
Whats worse...US Poltics or SC2 Balance Talks...
VTPerfect
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States487 Posts
December 30 2011 13:13 GMT
#3278
On December 30 2011 12:02 VPCursed wrote:
if you're still on the fence with the game, i highly recommend it... absolutely amazing MMO... and imho revolutionizing future mmos, but not as drastic as WoW's effect on the genre :D


yo cursed what server u on?
Enox
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1667 Posts
December 30 2011 13:29 GMT
#3279
how can they use a "Power" attribute, but dont display it anywhere? its not in the char screen with the other attributes and i had no idea what it does. apparently it increases damage and is even better than Strength, but theres no info about that in the game. very strange imo
If you think it's too hard there are solutions other than asking for a nerf, getting better is the first that comes to mind.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
December 30 2011 15:17 GMT
#3280
Take neutral option

get this
[image loading]

still lol'd.
WriterXiao8~~
Prev 1 162 163 164 165 166 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15772
Calm 2212
Mini 156
Rush 104
EffOrt 93
Trap 21
Bale 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Dota 2
febbydoto12
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5586
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King54
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4203
Liquid`Hasu634
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1836
Beastyqt716
RotterdaM574
B2W.Neo536
shahzam284
C9.Mang0282
crisheroes183
IndyStarCraft 181
QueenE99
Trikslyr94
UpATreeSC60
Dewaltoss58
ToD41
ZombieGrub40
JuggernautJason20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
Other Games
Algost 4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• Michael_bg 16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade997
Other Games
• imaqtpie992
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 51m
INu's Battles
14h 51m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
16h 51m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 2h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.