• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:48
CEST 06:48
KST 13:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20261Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7437 users

[HoN/DotA] Let's Play~!! - Page 963

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 961 962 963 964 965 1664 Next
Butigroove
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Seychelles2061 Posts
July 01 2010 00:20 GMT
#19241
On July 01 2010 08:57 emucxg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2010 08:08 ZaplinG wrote:
you guys still play dota?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

If yes, then where.
If no, then why not.

league of legends!

get out of the HoN thread, and go play RoFL LMaO LoL shitgame
beach beers buds beezies b-b-b-baaanelings
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
July 01 2010 02:20 GMT
#19242
Just afk'ing my way to lvl 20 and 5 new icons on Garena
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
July 01 2010 02:38 GMT
#19243
Here's some insider info. for you guys:
...
9:32 PM - Durak: Well, great games. Savage and Savage 2 are also amazing.
9:33 PM - S2Maliken: wait until they are all in the same client... Savage 2 is coming to the HoN client soon
9:33 PM - Durak: That's so cool!
9:33 PM - S2Maliken: all optimized and stuff
9:33 PM - S2Maliken: and then Savage 1 with all new art but same exact gameplay coming after
9:33 PM - Durak: Are you serious? This isn't April Fools you know.
9:33 PM - Durak: That's so elite
9:33 PM - S2Maliken: nope
9:33 PM - S2Maliken: and our 4th game is already in development
9:34 PM - S2Maliken: so the client will have 4 games in and will be called the iGames client (I own the domain iGames.com)
9:34 PM - Durak: I'm actually speechless
9:34 PM - Durak: Thanks for the info. too. I really appreciate it.
9:34 PM - S2Maliken: hehe all unofficial of course
9:34 PM - S2Maliken: good luck in game, glad you like it!
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
July 01 2010 02:43 GMT
#19244
On July 01 2010 09:01 rabidch wrote:
[x] Yes
[ ] No
THR2 on bnet and garena
maybe 0-2 games a day


You can play with me and ack! lol.
Get it by your hands...
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
July 01 2010 02:46 GMT
#19245


lolz this is from a pub today
UNFUCK YOURSELF
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-01 02:53:15
July 01 2010 02:51 GMT
#19246
LOL I played a pub today and randomed centaur... except I died so easily -_- radiance, battlefury, blademail, BoT, heart, AC -- most likely due to my stealing all the creeps hahah
Hates Fun🤔
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
July 01 2010 02:52 GMT
#19247
prolly cuz u went radiance battlefury

tard
UNFUCK YOURSELF
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
July 01 2010 02:54 GMT
#19248
no he didnt get vanguard
ryugie plays centaur like phantom lancer
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-01 02:55:21
July 01 2010 02:54 GMT
#19249
On July 01 2010 11:52 Nitrogen wrote:
prolly cuz u went radiance battlefury

tard


prolly cuz i'd blink in (before i sold it for lulzfury) and then my team would try to clean up once i died

tardz

On July 01 2010 11:54 rabidch wrote:
no he didnt get vanguard
ryugie plays centaur like phantom lancer


I wasn't PL?!?
Hates Fun🤔
doktorLucifer
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States855 Posts
July 01 2010 03:16 GMT
#19250
Hey guys, some quick questions.

I'm only a 1500 PSRish player, my KD is currently <1 even though I ended up over 1.6 during the beta, just because I either went Swift or Soulstealer 90% of my games. I only started learning pyromancer at the end of beta, and I'm currently learning other semicarries.

I was laning against a few melee heroes the other day, and I made some mistakes in my skill order with Soulstealer (I only skilled hands and soulsteal until 9, but I did soulsteal first, as usual)

This was against dev/deadwood. I think these two heroes, I have a harder time last hitting with my normal attack, so I think getting souls earlier in the laning phase should be a secondary concern over keeping them away and staying safe (kinda obvious, now that I think about it, but I'm usually confident enough against most ranged heroes to focus almost solely on getting my soul count high, since I feel I can play agressively against similar PSR players and not worry about dying)

Against deadwood, are there any tactics that can be employed to avoid the grasp+ulti string that just totally owns me in two blows? My little brother thought that maybe if I used power supply, and kept a close eye on the counter, I would know when DW uses grasp (+1 charge), then I know to move out of the way. Still a bit of a guessing game, depending on how he places it, but at least I can actually predict what is about to happen with greater reliability than guessing based on his positioning. The less viable counter I considered is void talisman, but at 1500, it's only really good on SS for that purpose (fighting DW) and the laning phase doesn't necessarily last that much longer than levels 6-9.

Is my thinking remotely reasonable? What kinds of things should I be considering when playing SS mid vs melee?
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
July 01 2010 03:30 GMT
#19251
just rush hp then blink. start out with 2x agi boots 2x gg branch 2x regen items (2x tango or 1x tango 1x hp pot). Rush bottle -> Str treads -> power supply (if you need it for burst regen if they go on you). Then after that go +10 str axe if you really need hp before you get blink then finish up bkb and go an armor item vs deadwood (assault cuirass is a decent choice if you can farm it really fast). But otherwise once you get high levels deadwood loses his strength as most of his moves are phys damage.

In lane, just try to keep harassing them if they go up to wave, try to get cs when you can and i suggest skilling hands over souls since you need the nukes more for cs. If you can get it by 5, you should just clear the wave in 2 waves, that way the opposing lane cannot go on you since they will have no creeps. Be careful getting runes/try to get a lane ward if you think you really need it.
doktorLucifer
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States855 Posts
July 01 2010 03:40 GMT
#19252
This seems to be the case vs Deadwood, but against dev, I think I'd still have a problem just because if I get dragged in, there's not much I can do. (Though, that means I only need to worry about dodging.) So is the main tool for fighting dev mid a ward on his ramp?
Glull
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Germany404 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-01 04:10:51
July 01 2010 04:00 GMT
#19253
you just keep the lane back at your own ramp by hitting your own creeps and watch out for any animation or sound they make. if you do your job right you are level 5 before them and you can just nuke them out of the lane once and have enough gold advantage to afford a bolstering armband+bottle before they hit level 6, at which point they cant kill you with "just" their 2-skill-combo anymore anyway.

edit: answering the tldr part extra.
What kinds of things should I be considering when playing SS mid vs melee?

harass the shit out of them and they will cry all game long.
5519880 for reference.
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
July 01 2010 04:30 GMT
#19254
against a good devourer you need a ward in mid lane to see him. Level 2 he can kill you with any decent hook near his tower and once he is 3 if you get hooked you will almost always die if he isnt already <half life and you have alot of souls. You need to be a good dodger to live vs devourer since ss has no hp early.
Glull
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Germany404 Posts
July 01 2010 04:33 GMT
#19255
call me when you found a good devourer in 1500 games
ill be waiting
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
July 01 2010 04:37 GMT
#19256
Cannot believe we lost a 5v3 pub.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
July 01 2010 04:38 GMT
#19257
On July 01 2010 13:33 Glull wrote:
call me when you found a good devourer in 1500 games
ill be waiting



I give advice based on everyone playing their heroes correctly. Not to be blunt, but i dont play 1500 pubs, and most of the advice is still good advice overall for laning anyway.

ps. Pokebunny, you guys go rocked =P
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
July 01 2010 04:40 GMT
#19258
On July 01 2010 13:37 Pokebunny wrote:
Cannot believe we lost a 5v3 pub.


It's not like it was to bad players.
If it makes you feel any better Alv and I are undefeated in 3v5's.
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Sadfish
Profile Joined April 2010
United States23 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-01 04:42:04
July 01 2010 04:41 GMT
#19259

/w Sadfish
we can play
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
July 01 2010 05:07 GMT
#19260
On July 01 2010 13:40 MYM.Testie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2010 13:37 Pokebunny wrote:
Cannot believe we lost a 5v3 pub.


It's not like it was to bad players.
If it makes you feel any better Alv and I are undefeated in 3v5's.

Truth. The concept still makes me sad though. Swiftblade freefarmed all laning phase and dis nothing midgame :/
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
Prev 1 961 962 963 964 965 1664 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 6846
Rain 1898
GuemChi 631
FanTaSy 212
sSak 52
Bale 23
Icarus 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
JimRising 622
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1111
minikerr37
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1081
Mew2King79
Other Games
summit1g7827
WinterStarcraft606
C9.Mang0172
ViBE70
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1034
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 27
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2109
League of Legends
• Lourlo1177
• Rush775
• Stunt411
Other Games
• Scarra888
• Shiphtur688
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 12m
INu's Battles
6h 12m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
8h 12m
OSC
17h 27m
Replay Cast
18h 12m
OSC
1d 18h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.