• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:54
CEST 05:54
KST 12:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8770 users

Street Fighter X Tekken - Page 11

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 18 Next All
Splunge
Profile Joined July 2008
Germany925 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-13 13:47:14
March 13 2012 12:58 GMT
#201
Here is some footage from The Excellent Adventures of Gootecks & Mike Ross.. sry if posted before.





Runnin' Sets Ep. 24: STREET FIGHTER x TEKKEN! Nick & Mike Ross vs. Link & Clakey D
AT_Tack
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany435 Posts
March 13 2012 18:39 GMT
#202
I still cant decide on a partner for kaz. Dont want to play shotos again because 90% of the europeans run a shoto team. Any suggestions?
Azuroz
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden1630 Posts
March 13 2012 20:44 GMT
#203
On March 13 2012 17:52 o3.power91 wrote:
Just got the game yesterday and been hitting the lab with Rolento/Kazuya with a bit of Jin and Asuka on the side. I'm pretty impressed with the game so far.

I'm not familiar however with how team structuring works in this game. I've been playing MvC3 since its release last year so I have an idea of how team building works in that game. Do the concepts still apply to SFxT? Or are teams meant to be built differently?

IE: I tried playing Kazuya/Asuka because Asuka seems to have trouble getting in on zoners so Kazuya gets in and then tags Asuka in when given the chance. Am I somewhere on the right track? XD



Indeed, you want a mobile character with good footsies and tools to both gain meter and opportunities to tag in your partner, and for your partner you want to have someone with good juggles/combo finishers.
Team NSHoseo <3
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
March 13 2012 21:10 GMT
#204
Top 10 BP players' teams on PS3 Asia server:
1. Guile/Hugo
2. Ken/Abel
3. Ryu/Sagat
4. ChunLi/Asuka
5. Vega/Ryu
6. Lili/Kazuya
7. Rolento/Ryu
8. Guile/Juri
9. Ryu/Kazuya
10. Ryu/Raven

On 360

1. Rolento/Raven
2. Ken/Hwoarang
3. Hugo/Poison
4. Ryu/Sagat
5. Rufus/Ryu
6. Ken/Rufus
7. Kazuya/Ryu
8. Rufus/Zangief
9. Ryu/Law
10. Juri/Akuma

Reading reports on American players in Japanese is funny. There's so much they don't know...
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12256 Posts
March 13 2012 21:18 GMT
#205
On March 14 2012 06:10 kainzero wrote:
Top 10 BP players' teams on PS3 Asia server:
1. Guile/Hugo
2. Ken/Abel
3. Ryu/Sagat
4. ChunLi/Asuka
5. Vega/Ryu
6. Lili/Kazuya
7. Rolento/Ryu
8. Guile/Juri
9. Ryu/Kazuya
10. Ryu/Raven

On 360

1. Rolento/Raven
2. Ken/Hwoarang
3. Hugo/Poison
4. Ryu/Sagat
5. Rufus/Ryu
6. Ken/Rufus
7. Kazuya/Ryu
8. Rufus/Zangief
9. Ryu/Law
10. Juri/Akuma

Reading reports on American players in Japanese is funny. There's so much they don't know...


I probably won't buy this game but I have been playing a bit at work during lunch breaks with people who bring it in. I'm using Rufus/Ryu because I can just mimic what I've seen on Cross Assault and still do pretty well, and both characters have excellent versatility and damage opportunities. Very interesting to me that Rufus isn't anywhere on the PS3 Top 10.
Moderator
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
March 13 2012 21:52 GMT
#206
Reading the Japanese comments, most people don't like the character design of Rufus.
There's also concern that there's not a lot of Marduk or Nina fans so they could fall behind in knowledge there.
Mannerheim
Profile Joined April 2007
766 Posts
March 14 2012 17:37 GMT
#207
On March 13 2012 21:58 Splunge wrote:
Runnin' Sets Ep. 24: STREET FIGHTER x TEKKEN! Nick & Mike Ross vs. Link & Clakey D


Continued, with different teams:



Mike's Marduk is so entertaining to watch.
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
March 14 2012 17:47 GMT
#208
That's insane ^

Is this game hard to learn? I'm a newbie.
Life's good :D
Phobbers
Profile Joined May 2011
773 Posts
March 14 2012 17:52 GMT
#209
On March 15 2012 02:47 MaV_gGSC wrote:
That's insane ^

Is this game hard to learn? I'm a newbie.

I haven't played it yet, nor do I plan to. I'm just a fighting game watcher, not player D: but from my understanding the links and what not are a lot more forgiving than in Street Fighter 2012. I believe the only 'huge' issue people are bringing up from time to time is that the clock is a little too fast. But outside of that, it's sort of an "easier" Street Fighter.
EG/C9/ALL/TSM
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
March 14 2012 21:38 GMT
#210
On March 15 2012 02:52 Phobbers wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 02:47 MaV_gGSC wrote:
That's insane ^

Is this game hard to learn? I'm a newbie.

I haven't played it yet, nor do I plan to. I'm just a fighting game watcher, not player D: but from my understanding the links and what not are a lot more forgiving than in Street Fighter 2012. I believe the only 'huge' issue people are bringing up from time to time is that the clock is a little too fast. But outside of that, it's sort of an "easier" Street Fighter.

i don't think the links are plinkable... can anyone confirm that?

i don't think it's easier. chain combos by themselves are pretty weak. i think as far as raw execution it's harder since some of the combos are guilty gear-esque.
i also think there's a bigger emphasis on the high/low/throw game with faster overheads that lead to bigger damage. the game also seems faster, people seem to have quicker jumps.
Azuroz
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden1630 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 21:47:54
March 14 2012 21:47 GMT
#211
On March 15 2012 06:38 kainzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 02:52 Phobbers wrote:
On March 15 2012 02:47 MaV_gGSC wrote:
That's insane ^

Is this game hard to learn? I'm a newbie.

I haven't played it yet, nor do I plan to. I'm just a fighting game watcher, not player D: but from my understanding the links and what not are a lot more forgiving than in Street Fighter 2012. I believe the only 'huge' issue people are bringing up from time to time is that the clock is a little too fast. But outside of that, it's sort of an "easier" Street Fighter.

i don't think the links are plinkable... can anyone confirm that?

i don't think it's easier. chain combos by themselves are pretty weak. i think as far as raw execution it's harder since some of the combos are guilty gear-esque.
i also think there's a bigger emphasis on the high/low/throw game with faster overheads that lead to bigger damage. the game also seems faster, people seem to have quicker jumps.


Links are plinkable, but most of the links are a lot easier compared to sf4, so i dont know how useful it really it, i just do it by habbit.
Team NSHoseo <3
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
March 14 2012 22:19 GMT
#212
Definitely plinkable. Completely disagree on the combos feeling like guilty gear, seems pretty simplified compared to most games.

Lemonayd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States745 Posts
March 15 2012 00:43 GMT
#213
Can anybody recommend tutorials for this game? I'm finding it harder to grasp then umvc3 and ssf4:ae. I can't stand the in game tutorial, way to much Dan text.
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
March 15 2012 03:41 GMT
#214
On March 15 2012 02:47 MaV_gGSC wrote:
That's insane ^

Is this game hard to learn? I'm a newbie.


If you're new to fighting games, yes. Fighting games are pretty complex that usually require tons of precise execution and mindgames. For example, if you want to be competitive most likely you will have to learn 1 frame links to do some required combos (the latest Street Fighter series are riddled with them) . That means inputting the next move in a combo sequence in 1-x frames at a time. That's 1/60th of a second at fastest which you will have to practice for hours, and hours until it is engraved into muscle memory if you want to be consistent. A lot of casuals find that frustrating or mind numbingly boring, while some like spending tons of time in training mode.

Then there's a tree of in-game decision making, mechanics and tactics that are NOT intuitive to learn as a newbie unless you talk to others and research stuff. Stuff like frame data, option-selects, kara this & that, combo vs link system, hit boxes, proper space control, wake up game setups, move properties etc. etc. a lot of which are hidden information. There are fighting game guides being sold that cover most now, but still no hitboxes

But don't let that scare you. Most people can learn all that overtime with some dedication. It's pretty rewarding and not many games have put you in constant mindgame, paper rock scissor situations at a super fast pace like fighting games do.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-15 04:13:52
March 15 2012 04:13 GMT
#215
I haven't played the game a lot, but SFxT is probably the best fighting game out now for beginners. It feels a lot like SF4 Lite. It teaches you links in an accessible way, the mechanics are pretty intuitive, and it seems less punishing than other games. For me, the progression of best to worst fighting games to learn with is like:

SFxT > MK9 > SSF4 > KoF > Anime

UMvC3 not listed, because you won't learn anything playing that game, you'll just sharpen your reactions.

By the way, WNF is happening right now! http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Monokeros
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States2493 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-15 05:31:10
March 15 2012 04:54 GMT
#216
On March 15 2012 13:13 Cel.erity wrote:
I haven't played the game a lot, but SFxT is probably the best fighting game out now for beginners. It feels a lot like SF4 Lite. It teaches you links in an accessible way, the mechanics are pretty intuitive, and it seems less punishing than other games. For me, the progression of best to worst fighting games to learn with is like:

SFxT > MK9 > SSF4 > KoF > Anime

UMvC3 not listed, because you won't learn anything playing that game, you'll just sharpen your reactions.

By the way, WNF is happening right now! http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive





I agree with what he says, If you want to get into fighting games than SFxTK is a GREAT place to start while it does have a very 'advanced' system and a mishmash of technology from around the fighting game universe it definitively is a much gentler first time if you're getting into this.
Of course these games serve the VERY important purpose of introducing people into the FGC and the like but I don't appreciate them the same when played as a higher level.

That being said this game got dropped into a pool of sharks and it's getting torn apart because they put in bleeding out bugs like crazy, it definitely needs some fixing.



Also Clockwork Orange.
Keep the Dream Alive twitch.tv/monokerros
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
March 15 2012 05:03 GMT
#217
On March 15 2012 09:43 Lemonayd wrote:
Can anybody recommend tutorials for this game? I'm finding it harder to grasp then umvc3 and ssf4:ae. I can't stand the in game tutorial, way to much Dan text.


I need this too
Life's good :D
Gnarg
Profile Joined October 2009
Netherlands165 Posts
March 15 2012 05:22 GMT
#218
On March 15 2012 14:03 MaV_gGSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 09:43 Lemonayd wrote:
Can anybody recommend tutorials for this game? I'm finding it harder to grasp then umvc3 and ssf4:ae. I can't stand the in game tutorial, way to much Dan text.


I need this too


You should buy the Brady game guide, its quite good (or pirate it).
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
March 15 2012 05:22 GMT
#219
On March 15 2012 13:54 Monokeros wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 13:13 Cel.erity wrote:
I haven't played the game a lot, but SFxT is probably the best fighting game out now for beginners. It feels a lot like SF4 Lite. It teaches you links in an accessible way, the mechanics are pretty intuitive, and it seems less punishing than other games. For me, the progression of best to worst fighting games to learn with is like:

SFxT > MK9 > SSF4 > KoF > Anime

UMvC3 not listed, because you won't learn anything playing that game, you'll just sharpen your reactions.

By the way, WNF is happening right now! http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive



It's good that you can list what flavors of ice cream you enjoy like that.


What are you talking about? I just listed what's best for a beginner to learn with, nobody's dissing KoF here. I actually prefer BBCS and MB to anything else on this list but I wouldn't tell someone new to pick them up.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Monokeros
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States2493 Posts
March 15 2012 05:29 GMT
#220
On March 15 2012 14:22 Cel.erity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 13:54 Monokeros wrote:
On March 15 2012 13:13 Cel.erity wrote:
I haven't played the game a lot, but SFxT is probably the best fighting game out now for beginners. It feels a lot like SF4 Lite. It teaches you links in an accessible way, the mechanics are pretty intuitive, and it seems less punishing than other games. For me, the progression of best to worst fighting games to learn with is like:

SFxT > MK9 > SSF4 > KoF > Anime

UMvC3 not listed, because you won't learn anything playing that game, you'll just sharpen your reactions.

By the way, WNF is happening right now! http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive



It's good that you can list what flavors of ice cream you enjoy like that.


What are you talking about? I just listed what's best for a beginner to learn with, nobody's dissing KoF here. I actually prefer BBCS and MB to anything else on this list but I wouldn't tell someone new to pick them up.


oh whoops lol totally thought you were listing what you liked oh well I ended up agreeing with you anyways :3
Keep the Dream Alive twitch.tv/monokerros
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft425
RuFF_SC2 203
Nina 92
-ZergGirl 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2235
Bale 18
yabsab 14
Terrorterran 9
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1157
taco 374
minikerr19
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox731
Other Games
summit1g7628
JimRising 681
Day[9].tv471
C9.Mang0305
WinterStarcraft287
Maynarde152
Sick148
Livibee144
ViBE101
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick936
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota216
League of Legends
• Stunt302
Other Games
• Day9tv471
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 6m
Stellar Fest
9h 6m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.