• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:03
CEST 03:03
KST 10:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6133 users

Path of Exile - Page 35

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
August 14 2011 16:45 GMT
#681
Thank you mod(s) for banning some of these trolls, obviously only coming to this thread to get people riled up.

I'm really liking the health flask system, definitely a nice middle ground between chugging pots and picking up health recovery spheres. Also really like the fact of rare flasks dropping, the one DrBoo linked was sweet.
Chance favors the prepared mind.
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-14 16:59:39
August 14 2011 16:59 GMT
#682
On August 15 2011 01:06 papaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2011 20:06 laee wrote:
lol dia1 clone.
Look at graphics, look at skillsystem, look at flasks, look at leagues, look at pvp.
Cuz u didn't already if you say such bs.


Looked at all of the mentioned and loved them all. Anything else I should be aware of?

he's saying that as a response to the temped guy that called it a d1 clone, and that all those things are far superior to it.

Unless you're saying 'what else is sweet that I should check out', in which case, I'm sittin' here waiting for the answer too.
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-14 17:16:26
August 14 2011 17:15 GMT
#683
The feature that most intrigues me about this game is the lack of a hard currency and instead a reliance on a barter economy. That sounds just very very fun. I like the idea that items have a relative value determined by the individual instead of having everything tied to a hard price. it will make trading way more immersive.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
August 14 2011 17:51 GMT
#684
On August 14 2011 21:19 HereticSaint wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2011 19:42 MasterFischer wrote:
On August 14 2011 19:34 papaz wrote:
On August 14 2011 19:27 MasterFischer wrote:
On August 14 2011 19:09 Sultan.P wrote:
On August 14 2011 18:54 MasterFischer wrote:
On August 14 2011 17:31 papaz wrote:
On August 14 2011 14:14 MasterFischer wrote:
Looks pretty faill to me

User was warned for this post



I guess you are MasterFischer from Diablofans forums?!

You just had to troll here :-)

The more I see from this game the more I wanna play, I have signed up in so many places to get a key.



The graphics looks bland and boring really, sure it has some direct x 11 stuff, but it doesn't hide the singularity of the colourpalette, the animations and most importantly the artstyle choices.

Most tilesets and stuff looks really stale and static, like fixed, instead of more fluent and vibrant.

I'm just not impressed at all.

The animations especially grinds my meat, and the UI..

Looks like a Diablo 1 clone rip-off, done somewhat impressingly in some few areas, but overall, it's looks worse than the gameplay of D1, the graphics a little better, but also more boring.

All in all, I'd rather play Diablo 3, than play an obvious rip-off clone that's trying too hard to be something that it's clearly not, a diablo game

I think people are generally just jumping in their pants, because this game reminds them of Diablo, and they REALLY wanna play Diablo 3, but can't. So this is probaly the next "best" thing... It's okay.. I understand em somewhat..

But once Diablo 3 beta hits... The world will be ending !

But yeah, that's like... just my opinion man.


It's funny how in all that block of text, there wasn't a single well out thought criticizing PoE except for subjective judgment of 'shitty' graphics (lol) and all that you really wanted to say was "i love diablo 3."

Don't take me wrong, I've been following anxiously D3 for years now, but PoE looks fantastic and seems to have much more depth than D3. Haven't played closed beta yet, but it looks like a diablo done right. I'll buy and play them both, but this ambiance and skill system in PoE has got me way more turned on than anything D3 is offering atm.


There are nothing but subjective arguments in the debate like this.

I don't like the game for reasons stated, and I believe even the gameplay as I've seen, is far worse than that of Diablo 3. I like Diablo 3 better, you like PoE better, end of discussion.


Path of Exile team should be honored that people actually are comparing them to D3. That means they are doing an awesome job. I mean if the game was just plain "bad" nobody would even bother making comments like yours.

Just to give you some figures.

This game is developed by grind gear games.

A company formed 2006. This is their first game. They consist of total 10 people.

They are so few, they even have a page about "their staff" with pictures:
http://www.grindinggear.com/?page=staff

You compare them to Diablo 3 team by the support of not only the biggest lore in ARPG but a team consisting of 70 people and god knows the budget of ActivisonBlizzard.

I'd say Path of Exile is already a success by not only the attention they get but also the feedback I read about the beta in youtube/here/their site/twitter and facebook.



You can't measure success in terms of that. Either the game is good, or better than most other games in that genre, or it isn't.

I never compared it directly to Diablo 3, that would be foolish..

I said it looks like a RIP-OFF diablo 1 CLONE.. Diablo 1... ergo.. a game released long long ago, and even diablo 1 looks better to me than this, with just updated graphics..

This game gets attention because it looks so much like diablo, not because it actually brings alot of new stuff to the table..But like i said, it's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

The game looks bad, because it looks bad. Not because of the factors surrounding why it looks bad.

Doesn't matter if a one-legged, 1 armed man made this game in 3 days, it still looks bad.


It's funny that you think everyone who may potentially want to play this game is just a DIablo III fanboy who can't wait for the beta.

I've only recently started following this, but I can already see that it beats the crap out of Diablo III. No money for power marketplace, no arbitrary bullshit character limit (at least in the sense that you can make more accounts free, if you want), has a ridiculously customizable skill tree, as opposed to the new system Diablo III has where every character has the same stupid skills they shove down your throat, you don't "Build your character". Then comes one of the biggest if not the biggest issues with Diablo III, it has no random World generation, this game does.

There's nothing subjective about these arguments. Diablo III is going to be a hot, steaming pile of garbage whereas this game could very well be decent and perhaps even good. Clearly there's someone mad here and it ain't the people potentially liking this game. I'm sorry for you that Diablo III is going to be awful, don't take it out on others.

Also, thanks for the stream link incinerate_, it's been really interesting to watch.


Yes,let's call a game a failure before the even the beta is out...:|
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
skeldark
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2223 Posts
August 14 2011 18:07 GMT
#685
On August 15 2011 02:51 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2011 21:19 HereticSaint wrote:
On August 14 2011 19:42 MasterFischer wrote:
On August 14 2011 19:34 papaz wrote:
On August 14 2011 19:27 MasterFischer wrote:
On August 14 2011 19:09 Sultan.P wrote:
On August 14 2011 18:54 MasterFischer wrote:
On August 14 2011 17:31 papaz wrote:
On August 14 2011 14:14 MasterFischer wrote:
Looks pretty faill to me

User was warned for this post



I guess you are MasterFischer from Diablofans forums?!

You just had to troll here :-)

The more I see from this game the more I wanna play, I have signed up in so many places to get a key.



The graphics looks bland and boring really, sure it has some direct x 11 stuff, but it doesn't hide the singularity of the colourpalette, the animations and most importantly the artstyle choices.

Most tilesets and stuff looks really stale and static, like fixed, instead of more fluent and vibrant.

I'm just not impressed at all.

The animations especially grinds my meat, and the UI..

Looks like a Diablo 1 clone rip-off, done somewhat impressingly in some few areas, but overall, it's looks worse than the gameplay of D1, the graphics a little better, but also more boring.

All in all, I'd rather play Diablo 3, than play an obvious rip-off clone that's trying too hard to be something that it's clearly not, a diablo game

I think people are generally just jumping in their pants, because this game reminds them of Diablo, and they REALLY wanna play Diablo 3, but can't. So this is probaly the next "best" thing... It's okay.. I understand em somewhat..

But once Diablo 3 beta hits... The world will be ending !

But yeah, that's like... just my opinion man.


It's funny how in all that block of text, there wasn't a single well out thought criticizing PoE except for subjective judgment of 'shitty' graphics (lol) and all that you really wanted to say was "i love diablo 3."

Don't take me wrong, I've been following anxiously D3 for years now, but PoE looks fantastic and seems to have much more depth than D3. Haven't played closed beta yet, but it looks like a diablo done right. I'll buy and play them both, but this ambiance and skill system in PoE has got me way more turned on than anything D3 is offering atm.


There are nothing but subjective arguments in the debate like this.

I don't like the game for reasons stated, and I believe even the gameplay as I've seen, is far worse than that of Diablo 3. I like Diablo 3 better, you like PoE better, end of discussion.


Path of Exile team should be honored that people actually are comparing them to D3. That means they are doing an awesome job. I mean if the game was just plain "bad" nobody would even bother making comments like yours.

Just to give you some figures.

This game is developed by grind gear games.

A company formed 2006. This is their first game. They consist of total 10 people.

They are so few, they even have a page about "their staff" with pictures:
http://www.grindinggear.com/?page=staff

You compare them to Diablo 3 team by the support of not only the biggest lore in ARPG but a team consisting of 70 people and god knows the budget of ActivisonBlizzard.

I'd say Path of Exile is already a success by not only the attention they get but also the feedback I read about the beta in youtube/here/their site/twitter and facebook.



You can't measure success in terms of that. Either the game is good, or better than most other games in that genre, or it isn't.

I never compared it directly to Diablo 3, that would be foolish..

I said it looks like a RIP-OFF diablo 1 CLONE.. Diablo 1... ergo.. a game released long long ago, and even diablo 1 looks better to me than this, with just updated graphics..

This game gets attention because it looks so much like diablo, not because it actually brings alot of new stuff to the table..But like i said, it's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

The game looks bad, because it looks bad. Not because of the factors surrounding why it looks bad.

Doesn't matter if a one-legged, 1 armed man made this game in 3 days, it still looks bad.


It's funny that you think everyone who may potentially want to play this game is just a DIablo III fanboy who can't wait for the beta.

I've only recently started following this, but I can already see that it beats the crap out of Diablo III. No money for power marketplace, no arbitrary bullshit character limit (at least in the sense that you can make more accounts free, if you want), has a ridiculously customizable skill tree, as opposed to the new system Diablo III has where every character has the same stupid skills they shove down your throat, you don't "Build your character". Then comes one of the biggest if not the biggest issues with Diablo III, it has no random World generation, this game does.

There's nothing subjective about these arguments. Diablo III is going to be a hot, steaming pile of garbage whereas this game could very well be decent and perhaps even good. Clearly there's someone mad here and it ain't the people potentially liking this game. I'm sorry for you that Diablo III is going to be awful, don't take it out on others.

Also, thanks for the stream link incinerate_, it's been really interesting to watch.


Yes,let's call a game a failure before the even the beta is out...:|


LOL

check what you quoted and what you write.
this is a endless ring and shows why forums are not good place to discuss opinions
Save gaming: kill esport
benbrad2
Profile Joined June 2011
103 Posts
August 14 2011 18:26 GMT
#686
I reallly want to try this game out.
If anyone can make my day today :D you will be forever blessed.
pm me !
Whatsup
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
August 14 2011 18:33 GMT
#687
you can keep your blessings I want to play!
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
August 14 2011 18:38 GMT
#688
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=254798 for beta keys.
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
August 14 2011 18:47 GMT
#689
Thank you so much serejai, we all really appreciate it
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
August 14 2011 18:50 GMT
#690
interesting choice Serejai, hope you've been around long enough to remember the mod I posted
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
incinerate_
Profile Joined October 2010
172 Posts
August 14 2011 19:25 GMT
#691
I definitely should have posted more on these forums. Oh well, maybe next time.
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
August 14 2011 19:55 GMT
#692
ok Serejai, im in the lottery :-)

just out of curiosity, how come you got a bunch of beta keys from Chris?
Ondas
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil54 Posts
August 14 2011 20:22 GMT
#693
LOL, some people seem to be taking the twitter contest a little bit too serious

*cough* http://twitter.com/#!/mrfroho *cough*
jexxto
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom284 Posts
August 14 2011 20:44 GMT
#694
On August 15 2011 05:22 Ondas wrote:
LOL, some people seem to be taking the twitter contest a little bit too serious

*cough* http://twitter.com/#!/mrfroho *cough*


Holy shi-

I think that guy needs a doctor, not a key.
Multi Gaming Clan http://www.riffraffclan.co.uk
NotSorry
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States6722 Posts
August 14 2011 20:52 GMT
#695
gotta do something not to go crazy after staring at the damn count down timer for the last 4days
We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. - Orwell
Synwave
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2803 Posts
August 14 2011 21:06 GMT
#696
On August 15 2011 05:52 NotSorry wrote:
gotta do something not to go crazy after staring at the damn count down timer for the last 4days


Might I suggest some Torchlight with character mods added. Its working for me right now anyways.
♞Nerdrage is the cause of global warming♞
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
August 14 2011 21:12 GMT
#697
On August 15 2011 06:06 Synwave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 05:52 NotSorry wrote:
gotta do something not to go crazy after staring at the damn count down timer for the last 4days


Might I suggest some Torchlight with character mods added. Its working for me right now anyways.


I havnt used any character mods, what do you use?
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Synwave
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2803 Posts
August 14 2011 21:28 GMT
#698
On August 15 2011 06:12 PassiveAce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2011 06:06 Synwave wrote:
On August 15 2011 05:52 NotSorry wrote:
gotta do something not to go crazy after staring at the damn count down timer for the last 4days


Might I suggest some Torchlight with character mods added. Its working for me right now anyways.


I havnt used any character mods, what do you use?


There are a few you can search for but this is one Im currently fiddling around with Jarchos Class Compilation A friend said he found one with jedi and such but I havent searched on that just yet. Hope this extends the game a bit for you to burn some time
♞Nerdrage is the cause of global warming♞
N1k0
Profile Joined June 2011
Uruguay1075 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-14 21:40:27
August 14 2011 21:39 GMT
#699
Wrong thread, im retarded.
DrBoo
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1177 Posts
August 14 2011 21:52 GMT
#700
On August 15 2011 03:38 Serejai wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=254798 for beta keys.


Haha I love it good stuff ♥ TL and PoE
"DrBoo is an elaborate troll" -Pufftrees
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 179
ProTech145
ViBE134
Nathanias 81
RuFF_SC2 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15480
Rain 1540
GuemChi 900
Artosis 668
Bale 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever459
Counter-Strike
taco 65
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox994
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g7171
WinterStarcraft496
JimRising 489
C9.Mang0364
Trikslyr57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick884
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 110
• davetesta23
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra486
• Shiphtur385
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 57m
INu's Battles
9h 57m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 57m
OSC
21h 12m
Replay Cast
21h 57m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.