• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:42
CEST 16:42
KST 23:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8056 users

TL Chess Match 4 - Page 33

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 140 Next
wuBu
Profile Joined February 2011
United States83 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-20 05:16:04
August 20 2011 04:38 GMT
#641
On August 20 2011 11:53 Jumbled wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2011 06:47 wuBu wrote:
...{quotes jdseemoreglass}...

wuBu, if you're going to quote what someone wrote in their analysis, please use spoiler tags. It's not complicated, there is a button that looks like this '[s]' right above the reply box that will even produce the tags for you.




Lol uhh, I already know how to quote thank you. I just didn't want to quote the whole thing because he provided many variations. I purposely just copied that line that I was talking about.

EDIT: Oh shit lol, I thought you meant quoting. I forgot to use spoilers that time sorry XD
"It's the way that I'm living that makes me who I am. It's the things I do that you wouldn't understand."
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
August 20 2011 07:26 GMT
#642
Deadline for move 4 is over.

Guys I don't have a normal connection and am typing from phone.

4. c3 won and I will reply in two or three days, but please be a little patient this time with the OP update.
DibujEx
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Chile130 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-21 05:02:04
August 20 2011 14:40 GMT
#643
Hi Ng5, I'm sorry, but I won't be able to make more moves for something like 9 days, I'm going out of town and I won't have internet, sorry about that, i'm just letting you know, i'll be back the 30th of august.
So please don't take me out of the roster

Thanks (:!
;D!
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-29 05:49:05
August 21 2011 02:29 GMT
#644
Final Vote Count

c3: 37: (chesshaha, Malli, Chezus, wuBu, Epithet, sleepingdog, keystorm, NoobieOne, Picklesicle, GreatestThreat, jdseemoreglass, Rybread, mcc, Babyfactory, durza, pburns, imBLIND, nordlyset, Jumbled, Malinor, EvilNalu, BillMurray, Varpulis, Ikari, warchimp, hype[NZ], KingStuart, TNT0677, TehForce, TheSasquatch, timh, DibujEx, Xaerkar, GolemMadness, gogogadgetflow, nikj, Empyrean)
0-0: 14 (" ") (BlazingHand, Raysalis, ParanoiaHoT, Soluhwin, Sandwhale, Mumu, aphorism, mastergriggy, LaXerCannon, BillMurray, lolsixtynine, qrs, itsjustatank, Snarfs, goldrush)
Nxe5: 2 (Raysalis, indigoawareness, Occam3, )
b4: 1 (noclaninator)
Bxc6: 1 (tyr)
[image loading]
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
August 21 2011 15:43 GMT
#645
Sorry guys, I needed a day to daydream and contemplate on the beauty of life.

That and my room is still a complete mess.

I won't be posting today, but I will post sometimes during Monday. Sadly enough I don't think the f5 line is any sound for black in this position, but I will give it another thought since I do play it a lot.

Stay tuned!
mcc
Profile Joined October 2010
Czech Republic4646 Posts
August 22 2011 12:40 GMT
#646
On August 22 2011 00:43 Ng5 wrote:
Sorry guys, I needed a day to daydream and contemplate on the beauty of life.

That and my room is still a complete mess.

I won't be posting today, but I will post sometimes during Monday. Sadly enough I don't think the f5 line is any sound for black in this position, but I will give it another thought since I do play it a lot.

Stay tuned!

Shame Wanted to see how that would turn out
chesshaha
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1117 Posts
August 22 2011 22:21 GMT
#647
On August 22 2011 00:43 Ng5 wrote:
Sorry guys, I needed a day to daydream and contemplate on the beauty of life.

That and my room is still a complete mess.

I won't be posting today, but I will post sometimes during Monday. Sadly enough I don't think the f5 line is any sound for black in this position, but I will give it another thought since I do play it a lot.

Stay tuned!


So... is everything ok? Not sure you forgot about posting or just very busy. You have less than 6 hours from now if we are following the "3 days per move" rule. We can give you a few extra days if you like. That's np, just hope everything is ok.
"Hopefully you're not the real TLO so it's not casted" - SpecialK
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
August 23 2011 01:54 GMT
#648
On August 23 2011 07:21 chesshaha wrote:
We can give you a few extra days if you like. That's np, just hope everything is ok.
Shouldn't we have to vote on that?
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
chesshaha
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1117 Posts
August 23 2011 02:24 GMT
#649
On August 23 2011 10:54 qrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 07:21 chesshaha wrote:
We can give you a few extra days if you like. That's np, just hope everything is ok.
Shouldn't we have to vote on that?


Yea we should, but take a forfeit win is not the point for a community match like this.
"Hopefully you're not the real TLO so it's not casted" - SpecialK
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
August 23 2011 03:02 GMT
#650
I vote to make the game two days per move from now on.

It's ok if Ng5 is late. I can play his move for him...

4. ... Qh4!!!
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
August 23 2011 03:12 GMT
#651
And the round for move 5 starts now.

I have some technical issues again, which is explained on top of the OP. If anyone could post a screenshot of the board this time I would be thankful.

To miss any misunderstandings - my move again is 4... Nf6!

Have fun and go!
Misder
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1557 Posts
August 23 2011 03:15 GMT
#652
5. 0-0

+ Show Spoiler +
Standard line ircc.
Whaaaa?
hype[NZ]
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Japan412 Posts
August 23 2011 03:18 GMT
#653
[image loading]
current position
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
August 23 2011 03:22 GMT
#654
[image loading]
5. d4
+ Show Spoiler [reasoning] +
This is why we played 4. c3, isn't it? I don't see a reason not to play this right away. It's not like Black has many options that we have to worry about after 5. d4: he has to respond to the threat to his Bishop.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
August 23 2011 03:32 GMT
#655
5. d4

He has to retreat the bishop or lose it.
im deaf
Dr. Von Derful
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States363 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-23 04:16:51
August 23 2011 04:06 GMT
#656
5. 0-0

+ Show Spoiler +
5. d4 exd4 6. cxd4 Bb4+

and now black wins the e-pawn with Nxe4, we can't defend e4 with 7. Nc3 or 7. Nbd2 as it'll be pinned to the king. edit: If 7. Bd2 then 7. ... Nxe5 ... 7. Bd2 equalizes materially but leaves black with a stronger position.

We need to castle before we can play d4.

wuBu
Profile Joined February 2011
United States83 Posts
August 23 2011 04:20 GMT
#657
5. 0-0

+ Show Spoiler +
I agree. The correct line is to castle first then play d4 next because we will leave our e-pawn hanging. Let's not be too hasty and rush into d4 guys, take a moment to access the position and think about it.
"It's the way that I'm living that makes me who I am. It's the things I do that you wouldn't understand."
hype[NZ]
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Japan412 Posts
August 23 2011 04:20 GMT
#658
On August 23 2011 13:06 Babyfactory wrote:
5. 0-0

+ Show Spoiler +
5. d4 exd4 6. cxd4 Bb4+

and now black wins the e-pawn with Nxe4, we can't defend e4 with 7. Nc3 or 7. Nbd2 as it'll be pinned to the king. edit: If 7. Bd2 then 7. ... Nxe5 ... 7. Bd2 equalizes materially but leaves black with a stronger position.

We need to castle before we can play d4.


+ Show Spoiler +
5.d4 exd4 6.e5 Ne4 7.cxd4 would probably be better for us than the line that you posted
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
August 23 2011 04:25 GMT
#659
On August 23 2011 13:06 Babyfactory wrote:
5. 0-0

+ Show Spoiler +
5. d4 exd4 6. cxd4 Bb4+

and now black wins the e-pawn with Nxe4, we can't defend e4 with 7. Nc3 or 7. Nbd2 as it'll be pinned to the king. edit: If 7. Bd2 then 7. ... Nxe5 ... 7. Bd2 equalizes materially but leaves black with a stronger position.

We need to castle before we can play d4.
Don't overstate the case. I see that you edited your post before I could reply. As your edit points out, Black does not win the + Show Spoiler [continued] +
pawn. 7. Bd2 is one way to keep it. Another way is 6. e5. Another possibility is 6. BxN.

Now you say that 7. Bd2 "leaves Black with a stronger position". Maybe you're right, but saying so doesn't make it true. Can you back up that statement with some reasoning?
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Dr. Von Derful
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States363 Posts
August 23 2011 04:26 GMT
#660
On August 23 2011 13:20 hype[NZ] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2011 13:06 Babyfactory wrote:
5. 0-0

+ Show Spoiler +
5. d4 exd4 6. cxd4 Bb4+

and now black wins the e-pawn with Nxe4, we can't defend e4 with 7. Nc3 or 7. Nbd2 as it'll be pinned to the king. edit: If 7. Bd2 then 7. ... Nxe5 ... 7. Bd2 equalizes materially but leaves black with a stronger position.

We need to castle before we can play d4.


+ Show Spoiler +
5.d4 exd4 6.e5 Ne4 7.cxd4 would probably be better for us than the line that you posted


+ Show Spoiler +


6. e5 Nd5 7. cxd4 Bb4+ and Black has a stronger position
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 140 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1124
RotterdaM685
SteadfastSC295
TKL 258
Rex126
CosmosSc2 38
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 685
SteadfastSC 295
TKL 258
Rex 126
ProTech101
CosmosSc2 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45756
Calm 3388
Shuttle 2672
Jaedong 1759
Horang2 727
Mini 519
actioN 431
Rush 418
Stork 415
EffOrt 387
[ Show more ]
Soulkey 368
Soma 349
ZerO 246
BeSt 219
Larva 194
Snow 194
firebathero 125
Mong 119
Zeus 95
hero 79
Mind 78
910 71
sorry 63
Free 60
Hyun 52
Sharp 51
Yoon 50
Shine 40
Shinee 39
PianO 34
Pusan 28
ToSsGirL 25
JYJ 25
Bale 20
HiyA 18
Aegong 17
Killer 17
Sexy 17
Terrorterran 15
Rock 14
Hm[arnc] 13
scan(afreeca) 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5275
Dendi1183
420jenkins47
Counter-Strike
fl0m2805
Fnx 624
x6flipin45
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King104
ChuDatz21
Other Games
singsing2212
hiko795
Liquid`RaSZi606
B2W.Neo358
crisheroes355
dupreeh270
ceh9252
DeMusliM215
Khaldor203
Livibee188
Pyrionflax185
Liquid`VortiX147
Trikslyr90
Hui .77
QueenE66
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 447
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH241
• mYiSmile113
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV0
League of Legends
• Nemesis2060
• Jankos1643
• TFBlade573
Other Games
• Shiphtur626
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 18m
The PondCast
19h 18m
INu's Battles
20h 18m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.