• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:11
CEST 00:11
KST 07:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7968 users

TL Chess Match 4 - Page 108

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 140 Next
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 03:05:43
October 28 2011 03:05 GMT
#2141
Updated with a link on top of OP to the new analysis tree, thanks to Qrs.

I'm gonna party tomorrow night and I'm not gonna thinking a single minute of chess until it's over, so you guys basically have like two extra days from now.

Cheers!

Edit: First post of the page again. It's my magic it seems.
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
October 28 2011 18:55 GMT
#2142
Since hype enlightened me, I've spent quite a bit of time looking for holes in the + Show Spoiler +
18. b4 a5 19. bxa5 ... 20. Nf1
plan and I haven't been able to find one. I still think that 18. b3 is promising, and Daigomi's 18. Re3 may well be too, but since of the three of these, the 18. b4 lines are most forcing, and since I've not been able to find any holes in them, I'll cast my vote now for 18. b4.

I've posted the basic 18. b4 lines that I've looked at to the analysis tree here.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
aphorism
Profile Joined February 2011
United States226 Posts
October 28 2011 23:29 GMT
#2143
Having looked at the analysis more, I'm changing my vote to:
18. b4
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
October 28 2011 23:47 GMT
#2144
[image loading]

Let's go bulls, keep that rally going.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
October 28 2011 23:49 GMT
#2145
I'm changing my vote to Abstain for this round. Can't keep up with all these analyses. X_X
133 221 333 123 111
timh
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands47 Posts
October 29 2011 00:01 GMT
#2146
b4
mastergriggy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1312 Posts
October 29 2011 00:13 GMT
#2147
On October 29 2011 08:47 jdseemoreglass wrote:
[image loading]

Let's go bulls, keep that rally going.


Well played good sir hahaha
Write your own song!
hp.Shell
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2527 Posts
October 29 2011 04:28 GMT
#2148
Vote: b4
Please PM me with any songs you like that you think I haven't heard before!
Archers_bane
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1338 Posts
October 29 2011 08:55 GMT
#2149
b4 for sure
Starcraft's BW glory days have passed, RIP Jaedong's dominance - 2013...EDIT 2017: WE BACK BOYS
wuBu
Profile Joined February 2011
United States83 Posts
October 30 2011 00:32 GMT
#2150
I'm going to Abstain for our 18th move. I haven't visited this thread for almost a week. There's so much going on that I don't have time to read everything.
"It's the way that I'm living that makes me who I am. It's the things I do that you wouldn't understand."
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
October 31 2011 02:23 GMT
#2151
Back.

Voting is now officially closed.

I will do the counting and make my move sometimes in the next three days. No promises as to where. I'll try to send reminders.

-me
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
October 31 2011 02:47 GMT
#2152
Move 18 votes (final)

+ Show Spoiler [votes] +
18. Nf1: 2 (mastergriggy, EvilNalu, Mash2, GenesisX)
18. Nf3: 1 (Cloud9157)
18. b4: 12-13 (Malli, jdseemoreglass, Bill Murray, itsjustatank, lightman, hype[NZ], dtvu, ApocAlypsE007?, Blazinghand, qrs, aphorism, timh, hp.Shell, Archers_bane) (unclear whether ApocAlypsE007 was voting for b4 or only suggesting it)
18. h3: 0 (Bill Murray)
18. f4: 1 (timh, keyStorm)
18. Nb1: 2 (Chezus, Raysalis)
18. b3: 7 (wizard944, qrs, A-tan, chesshaha, indigoawareness, ffreakk, aphorism, Malinor, LaXerCannon)
Abstain: 4 (Bill Murray, mastergriggy, Psilver, wuBu)
+ Show Spoiler [bar graph] +
[image loading]
Total voters (including abstentions): 28.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
greggy
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom1483 Posts
November 01 2011 08:45 GMT
#2153
Dude, your stream got de-featured. TT.
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-01 18:04:19
November 01 2011 16:24 GMT
#2154
I think we should discuss our plans for the future. Even though we've chosen a fairly forcing line, with some simplification involved, I don't think we're entirely out of the woods yet. In the lines we've been looking at, Black still has some pressure on us.

I've entered hype[NZ]'s main line into the Analysis Tree. The line begins with Black's 19th move, here, and ends with our 24th move, here. IMHO, we should give careful attention to this last position. Black has a lot of possibilities he can try in this position. Are we safe against all of them?

Edit: in fact, more specifically, what do we do against this?

Edit 2: OK, I'm leaving off analyzing for the day. At this point, I have to say that I'm pretty concerned with what's been our main line. Unless someone can find the answers here, I think that we should be deviating from the line well earlier than the last position I linked--perhaps as early as move 20.
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
November 02 2011 02:43 GMT
#2155
Updated. Let me go over my latest plans for a sec.

A few things.

As for Abstaining. It's showing you're still active, so you don't get off the roster and it also shows that you can't or won't decide. I don't agree with it, but it serves the purpose of showing you're still here.

As for a vote not changing anything. I think the game is about fun, and not about saving the world.

Anyway let me check my chess out.

Be back soon.
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
November 02 2011 03:19 GMT
#2156
Move is made.

Three days as usual.

Vote for move 19 is open from now.

PS: The horse in the window has been waiting for this move.
qrs
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3637 Posts
November 02 2011 03:22 GMT
#2157
OK, we expected this and our next move is obvious.
19. bxa5

I still think we need to discuss some of the moves a bit further down the road, and better sooner than later. (see my post above).
'As per the American Heart Association, the beat of the Bee Gees song "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal rhythm in terms of beats per minute to use for hands-only CPR. One can also hum Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust".' —Wikipedia
Ng5
Profile Joined December 2009
702 Posts
November 02 2011 03:23 GMT
#2158
Btw. the previous vote was very nice and well-varied.

I'm happy I chose Re8 back then.
jdseemoreglass
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3773 Posts
November 02 2011 04:59 GMT
#2159
19. bxa5

I've been trying to look for alternative moves just for the sake of debate, but honestly everything else looks terrible. Looks like a 3-day weekend from TL chess.
"If you want this forum to be full of half-baked philosophy discussions between pompous faggots like yourself forever, stay the course captain vanilla" - FakeSteve[TPR], 2006
mastergriggy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1312 Posts
November 02 2011 05:20 GMT
#2160
bxa every other move drops a pawn.
Write your own song!
Prev 1 106 107 108 109 110 140 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta11
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
ViBE53
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 183
Dewaltoss 88
Hyuk 67
Bale 12
Noble 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm105
League of Legends
Doublelift3944
Counter-Strike
Fnx 723
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King69
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5602
Khaldor898
Liquid`Hasu675
Other Games
summit1g8489
FrodaN2299
shahzam456
KnowMe317
C9.Mang0220
ArmadaUGS125
JimRising 109
UpATreeSC95
Trikslyr42
ZombieGrub42
PPMD37
CosmosSc2 26
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream67
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH356
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie876
• Shiphtur192
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
11h 49m
Online Event
12h 49m
FEL
17h 49m
AI Arena Tournament
18h 49m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 49m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.