• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:07
CEST 18:07
KST 01:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10478 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 441

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 439 440 441 442 443 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-09 15:58:50
July 09 2014 15:57 GMT
#8801
On July 10 2014 00:55 Rayeth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2014 00:51 WindWolf wrote:
Just watched the CEO final vod. Man, Infiltration sure knows how to play Akuma properly.

To sad Evo takes place at the same time as TI4


Multitwitch! Problem solved.

(or mulitple monitors)

Single-monitor PC here. Have to go with Evo on my tablet then (But even then I'm skeptical if Twitch can handle everything? Luckily Dota2 has DotaTV)

On July 10 2014 00:55 c0ldfusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2014 00:51 WindWolf wrote:
Just watched the CEO final vod. Man, Infiltration sure knows how to play Akuma properly.

To sad Evo takes place at the same time as TI4

Oh come now, you know which tournament you'd rather watch

With almost 9 000 000 USD community funded now, there is no way I'm missing TI4
EZ4ENCE
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
July 09 2014 16:13 GMT
#8802
On July 10 2014 00:57 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2014 00:55 Rayeth wrote:
On July 10 2014 00:51 WindWolf wrote:
Just watched the CEO final vod. Man, Infiltration sure knows how to play Akuma properly.

To sad Evo takes place at the same time as TI4


Multitwitch! Problem solved.

(or mulitple monitors)

Single-monitor PC here. Have to go with Evo on my tablet then (But even then I'm skeptical if Twitch can handle everything? Luckily Dota2 has DotaTV)

Show nested quote +
On July 10 2014 00:55 c0ldfusion wrote:
On July 10 2014 00:51 WindWolf wrote:
Just watched the CEO final vod. Man, Infiltration sure knows how to play Akuma properly.

To sad Evo takes place at the same time as TI4

Oh come now, you know which tournament you'd rather watch

With almost 9 000 000 USD community funded now, there is no way I'm missing TI4

Neither am I. But it's just group stages lol. I'm having a fuckin party for the main event.

But how could you watch round robin over EVO finals just for the pot?
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
July 09 2014 16:17 GMT
#8803
On July 10 2014 01:13 Duka08 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2014 00:57 WindWolf wrote:
On July 10 2014 00:55 Rayeth wrote:
On July 10 2014 00:51 WindWolf wrote:
Just watched the CEO final vod. Man, Infiltration sure knows how to play Akuma properly.

To sad Evo takes place at the same time as TI4


Multitwitch! Problem solved.

(or mulitple monitors)

Single-monitor PC here. Have to go with Evo on my tablet then (But even then I'm skeptical if Twitch can handle everything? Luckily Dota2 has DotaTV)

On July 10 2014 00:55 c0ldfusion wrote:
On July 10 2014 00:51 WindWolf wrote:
Just watched the CEO final vod. Man, Infiltration sure knows how to play Akuma properly.

To sad Evo takes place at the same time as TI4

Oh come now, you know which tournament you'd rather watch

With almost 9 000 000 USD community funded now, there is no way I'm missing TI4

Neither am I. But it's just group stages lol. I'm having a fuckin party for the main event.

But how could you watch round robin over EVO finals just for the pot?

Because only 8 teams will reach the main event. And I think Valve has come up with a pretty good pool structure this year.
EZ4ENCE
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
July 09 2014 18:03 GMT
#8804
On July 10 2014 01:17 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2014 01:13 Duka08 wrote:
On July 10 2014 00:57 WindWolf wrote:
On July 10 2014 00:55 Rayeth wrote:
On July 10 2014 00:51 WindWolf wrote:
Just watched the CEO final vod. Man, Infiltration sure knows how to play Akuma properly.

To sad Evo takes place at the same time as TI4


Multitwitch! Problem solved.

(or mulitple monitors)

Single-monitor PC here. Have to go with Evo on my tablet then (But even then I'm skeptical if Twitch can handle everything? Luckily Dota2 has DotaTV)

On July 10 2014 00:55 c0ldfusion wrote:
On July 10 2014 00:51 WindWolf wrote:
Just watched the CEO final vod. Man, Infiltration sure knows how to play Akuma properly.

To sad Evo takes place at the same time as TI4

Oh come now, you know which tournament you'd rather watch

With almost 9 000 000 USD community funded now, there is no way I'm missing TI4

Neither am I. But it's just group stages lol. I'm having a fuckin party for the main event.

But how could you watch round robin over EVO finals just for the pot?

Because only 8 teams will reach the main event. And I think Valve has come up with a pretty good pool structure this year.

But you're in a fighting game thread!
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
July 09 2014 21:18 GMT
#8805
Used to be a big DotA fan, can't stand it anymore because of how slow Moba are in comparison to FGs.
Also, I find justifying watching it because of the prizepool kinda weird, doesn't make sense to me.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
July 09 2014 22:08 GMT
#8806
It creates hype. You'd watch a chess match for a hundred million dollars whether you like chess or not.

Anyway I'll watch some TI in the later stages. Luckily EVO and TI main event won't clash.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
July 09 2014 22:48 GMT
#8807
I dunno, I really don't care about how much money they win. The quality of the match itself is the best thing.
Japanese don't even win money in their fighting games tournaments, and it's still hype as fuck because of the level of play.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
July 10 2014 03:04 GMT
#8808
Oh, there's Dota this weekend?

This was my problem all along with migrating all that stuff away from the main site. Used to be that TL would be a hub for information (especially since it's actually, you know, TeamLiquid related), which was useful to me as a very casual viewer of Dota as it generated hype by advertising what is essentially the Dota equivalent of the Superbowl.

Instead, I find out about it in the freaking Street Fighter IV thread, too late to start caring about it because there's no hype going into it for me. Last year I was actually digging The International -- I was reading the TL Dota guides to better understand what was going on, loving the team writeups and watching all of the matches. I was getting into the dynamics of the scene. This year, I think I'll just stick with Evo.
TL+ Member
miicah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2470 Posts
July 10 2014 03:31 GMT
#8809
It hasn't 'really' started yet, it's only group stages. The tournament proper starts next week.
@miicah88
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
July 10 2014 03:32 GMT
#8810
Ahh, we'll see then. Thank you.
TL+ Member
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
July 10 2014 12:31 GMT
#8811
On July 10 2014 07:08 kuresuti wrote:
It creates hype. You'd watch a chess match for a hundred million dollars whether you like chess or not.

Anyway I'll watch some TI in the later stages. Luckily EVO and TI main event won't clash.

Nah I don't think I would.
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
July 10 2014 12:42 GMT
#8812
can't miss evo 2014, i will start to watch ti4 during the main event
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
July 10 2014 15:11 GMT
#8813
On July 10 2014 07:08 kuresuti wrote:
It creates hype. You'd watch a chess match for a hundred million dollars whether you like chess or not.

Anyway I'll watch some TI in the later stages. Luckily EVO and TI main event won't clash.


I would watch a chess match for 100 million dollars, I wouldn't watch a 4 day chess tournament with that price. DotA matches are just too long for someone who doesn't care for it to watch a full game, let alone a series. That said, if I'm online and aware of it when it airs I will watch the final final game of TI4 but nothing else.

Super hyped for EVO though, damn tomorrow is gonna be good for street fighter fans.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
July 10 2014 16:58 GMT
#8814
wnf went on for so long and snake eyes finally won. I hope he does well at evo love his gief.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Lucumo
Profile Joined January 2010
6850 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-10 17:13:15
July 10 2014 17:11 GMT
#8815
Will watch most of both, or at least try to. Even took 3 weeks of vacation and adjusted my sleeping schedule.

Games at EVO which I will follow: USFIV, KoF13, Blazblue, SSBM + side-tournaments of Virtua Fighter or SF3, if there are any. This doesn't seem possible...I do have two screens but my internet connection can't handle two streams, sigh.

Also, damn them for holding TI4 one month earlier.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
July 10 2014 17:16 GMT
#8816
On July 11 2014 01:58 SwatRaven wrote:
wnf went on for so long and snake eyes finally won. I hope he does well at evo love his gief.


Yeah. Was also great to see Mike Ross and Valle running Hugo in matches that mattered. I know it's "just" wnf, but still it's pretty cool.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
July 10 2014 18:35 GMT
#8817
On July 11 2014 01:58 SwatRaven wrote:
wnf went on for so long and snake eyes finally won. I hope he does well at evo love his gief.


I miss it, how did Smug do at WNF ?
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
July 10 2014 18:42 GMT
#8818
On July 11 2014 03:35 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2014 01:58 SwatRaven wrote:
wnf went on for so long and snake eyes finally won. I hope he does well at evo love his gief.


I miss it, how did Smug do at WNF ?

all i know is he got beat by chris king, dunno how he did after that.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
July 10 2014 18:51 GMT
#8819
On July 10 2014 07:08 kuresuti wrote:
It creates hype. You'd watch a chess match for a hundred million dollars whether you like chess or not.

Anyway I'll watch some TI in the later stages. Luckily EVO and TI main event won't clash.

I don't see how the prize pool makes a difference. A good tournament is a good tournament, it's mostly about production value and commentators. Why would I care how much money the player wins?

I am absolutely not going to miss any of EVO for TI group stages, most of the games especially between non-top teams tend to be quite slow / boring anyway. EVO's going to be far more hype for me even though I'll skip things like injustice and tekken
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
July 10 2014 19:03 GMT
#8820
It doesn't apply to everyone, but it isn't weird if someone watches something because the stakes are high. It was a reply to Noocta, maybe I should've made that clear.
Prev 1 439 440 441 442 443 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM756
IndyStarCraft 173
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 756
Reynor 345
ByuN 279
TKL 263
IndyStarCraft 173
Railgan 78
BRAT_OK 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55520
Bisu 2919
Calm 2409
FanTaSy 879
Stork 596
Rush 457
hero 297
firebathero 170
actioN 133
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 50
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 25
Rock 24
Terrorterran 21
Aegong 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10396
Dendi1047
Counter-Strike
fl0m4617
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK9
Other Games
singsing2084
Liquid`RaSZi1565
B2W.Neo727
Beastyqt668
Khaldor491
Mlord485
olofmeister385
KnowMe319
crisheroes166
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV259
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 13
• Adnapsc2 8
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach19
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV519
League of Legends
• Nemesis3283
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1484
Other Games
• Shiphtur492
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 53m
OSC
6h 53m
Replay Cast
6h 53m
OSC
19h 53m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.