• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:06
CEST 22:06
KST 05:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8658 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 442

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 440 441 442 443 444 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-11 04:01:50
July 11 2014 03:04 GMT
#8821
Is it wrong to pick a character just because of their looks? There is one I want to play only because of the cute factor. + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +
if link doesn't work for you it is a picture of zangief
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
July 11 2014 03:29 GMT
#8822
On July 11 2014 12:04 SwatRaven wrote:
Is it wrong to pick a character just because of their looks? There is one I want to play only because of the cute factor. + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Oh hell no, I pick most of my characters in many games based on aesthetics lol.

Broken link btw
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-11 07:15:28
July 11 2014 07:14 GMT
#8823
I just got steam and AE for PC, preorder USF4 also. Joined the TL steam group, I'm pretty noob, but I'm pretty decent at SF3:3s where I play akuma and skill transfers over a bit.

Thinking of learning a different character though, maybe juri or poison. I kinda like gouken and wanna check out evil ryu and oni as well. Who is best to learn with?

PS- is anyone going to EVO, and can you get in to spectate without paying?
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
WetSocks
Profile Joined June 2012
United States953 Posts
July 11 2014 07:23 GMT
#8824
On July 11 2014 12:04 SwatRaven wrote:
Is it wrong to pick a character just because of their looks? There is one I want to play only because of the cute factor. + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +
if link doesn't work for you it is a picture of zangief


Absolutely not. I play Ibuki because she looks cute and I play Protoss in WoL because their buildings look gorgeous!
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
July 11 2014 07:43 GMT
#8825
On July 11 2014 12:04 SwatRaven wrote:
Is it wrong to pick a character just because of their looks? There is one I want to play only because of the cute factor. + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +
if link doesn't work for you it is a picture of zangief

Although other reasons also played in, I picked Juri, Chun-Li, Evil Ryu and as of very recently Yang because of their looks. Will most likely pick up

Speaking of Yang, any tips for playing and learning Yang.
EZ4ENCE
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
July 11 2014 07:54 GMT
#8826
looks are very important!!! you will have to see that character every game after all, so you better like it!!
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
July 11 2014 07:56 GMT
#8827
Picking Cammy and Decapre had nothing to do with how they look, no sir!
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
renkin
Profile Joined July 2010
France249 Posts
July 11 2014 08:49 GMT
#8828
Playing Juri because I like bat shit insane people.

Although it's not we had a choice, there is nothing to tell us how how does a characters play.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-11 08:58:25
July 11 2014 08:57 GMT
#8829


Apparently he left EMP as well. Good riddance! I don't know how much about TriForce is true, but there is so much rumors about him some of it is bound to be true. I even disliked Sanford for buying into all that bullshit so hard. I hope the rest follows his lead and leaves EMP.

I wonder why EG/Alliance haven't picked up M2K and Armada yet... I kind of feel sorry for them for being stuck with EMP.

EDIT: Typo.
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
July 11 2014 09:04 GMT
#8830
On July 11 2014 16:14 MarlieChurphy wrote:
I just got steam and AE for PC, preorder USF4 also. Joined the TL steam group, I'm pretty noob, but I'm pretty decent at SF3:3s where I play akuma and skill transfers over a bit.

Thinking of learning a different character though, maybe juri or poison. I kinda like gouken and wanna check out evil ryu and oni as well. Who is best to learn with?

PS- is anyone going to EVO, and can you get in to spectate without paying?

In Vegas for Evo right now! You need a spectator pass to get in and I'm pretty sure they're not selling anymore. You're going to have to find someone selling one I think.

ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
July 11 2014 09:24 GMT
#8831
On July 11 2014 16:14 MarlieChurphy wrote:
Thinking of learning a different character though, maybe juri or poison. I kinda like gouken and wanna check out evil ryu and oni as well. Who is best to learn with?


They're all good to learn with. Play whoever you enjoy the most. For starting out you just want to stay away from C.Viper, El Fuerte, Ibuki and Gen, because they require execution techniques new players shouldnt be bothered with.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
July 11 2014 11:59 GMT
#8832
On July 11 2014 16:14 MarlieChurphy wrote:
I just got steam and AE for PC, preorder USF4 also. Joined the TL steam group, I'm pretty noob, but I'm pretty decent at SF3:3s where I play akuma and skill transfers over a bit.

Thinking of learning a different character though, maybe juri or poison. I kinda like gouken and wanna check out evil ryu and oni as well. Who is best to learn with?

PS- is anyone going to EVO, and can you get in to spectate without paying?


If you already know the fundamentals of a fighting game, you should really be able to learn this one with anybody.
I don't remember if there's a character with button hold in 3rd strike, Juri is all about that, that might be weird for you, but that should be fine.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
July 11 2014 12:00 GMT
#8833
On July 11 2014 17:57 kuresuti wrote:
https://twitter.com/thesteamcovapes/status/487500619263913984

Apparently he left EMP as well. Good riddance! I don't know how much about TriForce is true, but there is so much rumors about him some of it is bound to be true. I even disliked Sanford for buying into all that bullshit so hard. I hope the rest follows his lead and leaves EMP.

I wonder why EG/Alliance haven't picked up M2K and Armada yet... I kind of feel sorry for them for being stuck with EMP.

EDIT: Typo.


There's a big drama about it, because the SteamCo wanted to sponsor Sanford only if Triforce made a stupid video, I don't know what exactly happened yet lol
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
July 11 2014 12:35 GMT
#8834
it's all over /r/Kappa it's hilarious
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
July 11 2014 12:54 GMT
#8835


I don't mean to spam but the good news keep coming one after another
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
July 11 2014 13:06 GMT
#8836
I picked Oni cause he looks so badass dude
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
SwARmZzz
Profile Joined June 2013
Canada193 Posts
July 11 2014 14:23 GMT
#8837
USFIV pools were supposed to be on stream since 8AM EST, but its now past 10AM and still no signs of a stream playing...
Any news...?
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
July 11 2014 15:07 GMT
#8838
You really think they would start playing at 6 am local time?
Etherone
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1898 Posts
July 11 2014 15:07 GMT
#8839
On July 11 2014 23:23 SwARmZzz wrote:
USFIV pools were supposed to be on stream since 8AM EST, but its now past 10AM and still no signs of a stream playing...
Any news...?

it was 8 am PDT ( they are on the west coast) it started
Warpticon
Profile Joined December 2011
United States278 Posts
July 11 2014 15:14 GMT
#8840
Is there no general Evo thread this year, or am I just blind?
Prev 1 440 441 442 443 444 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O126
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 681
JuggernautJason89
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 636
Shuttle 511
ZZZero.O 126
Zeus 65
Hyun 42
soO 35
Dota 2
qojqva2394
canceldota55
League of Legends
Doublelift184
Counter-Strike
fl0m5452
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4044
Liquid`Hasu718
Other Games
summit1g4672
FrodaN1084
KnowMe333
420jenkins257
Pyrionflax208
ToD204
Livibee169
QueenE61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick661
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 89
• Hupsaiya 47
• Adnapsc2 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 38
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1829
Other Games
• imaqtpie971
• Shiphtur606
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 54m
Patches Events
18h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 54m
OSC
1d 2h
OSC
1d 15h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.