• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:54
CEST 01:54
KST 08:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8357 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 397

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 395 396 397 398 399 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 30 2014 09:41 GMT
#7921
I've been told the girls have been removed for this round of Street Fighter. Unfortunately I won't be at the production to see for myself; but it's been firmly made not to use them.

I'll confirm this weekend through my co-worker Patrick.


Regardless of where you stand on the issue, I'm glad to see you guys are still optimistic and positive about the show overall
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
itsMAHVELbaybee
Profile Joined October 2008
292 Posts
January 30 2014 09:55 GMT
#7922
On January 30 2014 15:53 sung_moon wrote:
Am I the only one who's surprised at how poorly (imo) Tasteless' casting as been thus far? Maybe I'm being too critical here, but I'm more shocked considering out of any non-FGC commentator I'd imagine who could easily commentate an FGC (and in the process bridge the gap for non FGC viewers), Tasteless would of been at the top of my list.

Regularly plays SF4 in Korea, and has some knowledge of older games being associated with Clockwork (or was that his brother?).

Than again, being a fan of the game and playing it doesn't automatically make you good at commentating it.

Still much love to him. Gootecks is doing a great job of covering for him/backing him up.


Well its not too surprising, fighting games in general are hard to commentate cause the pacing can change so drastically. At times you'll have no time to talk because some player already got a knocked down and lands a super random hit, but then there are turtle-ly situations that do open up for extra talk time from casters. Then you give Tasteless' position that he usually doesn't attempt analysis and pretends he's learning at home with you.

Day9 has used some MvC2 examples in some of his dailies and used to play with an account named, striderdoom,
I am boss. -Minami-ke
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
January 30 2014 09:56 GMT
#7923
I'm actually suprised how offended people are by the inclusion of "ring girls". On one hand, it's cheesy and show wouldn't lost anything without them. On the other, I'm suprised people like UDavid and Nercromina are making such a big fuss over it.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 30 2014 10:20 GMT
#7924
Tasteless, Gooteck and Mike Ross casting (:
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
January 30 2014 10:26 GMT
#7925
don't mind Nercromina, she is an unstable beign when dealing with sexism topics, everybody in the spanish fgc forum knows this
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4019 Posts
January 30 2014 10:42 GMT
#7926
I agree with AlterKot, I don't get the big fuss either - surely you guys have watched a baseball game before, with cheerleaders and all. This isn't worse. But I don't mind them left out either. GJ Alioune!
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
January 30 2014 11:00 GMT
#7927
The whole phenomenon of cheerleading is foreign to me but I imagine it's there to entertain a live audience. The inclusion of the girls in this show just seems a bit random, I mean; what's their purpose? It doesn't add anything to the experience.

These kinds of things give ample ammunition to people who oppose the objectification of women, alienates female viewers and the show doesn't gain anything from them being there (IMO).

They're getting cut in the next season so it doesn't really matter anymore. Good that you guys are listening to the criticism.
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
January 30 2014 11:03 GMT
#7928
I think the matter is a very delicate one. I think there are some misconceptions about freedom of sexuality and projection of it in media; but I definitely don't want to write my sociological thesis here and now haha.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-30 12:30:14
January 30 2014 12:10 GMT
#7929
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 30 2014 15:27 GMT
#7930
Latest changelist sur USF4

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2014/01/30/ultra-street-fighter-4-change-list

Still a few thing I want for Makoto that aren't there ( throw invu on ex oroshi notably ) but god damn would I lie if Viper doesn't look insane right now.

" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 30 2014 15:55 GMT
#7931
Wasn't Wolfkrone complaining about Viper getting nerfed to the ground lol? Has that been adjusted I guess? She looks great.


I'll reiterate my own stance I guess on the whole ring girls thing. I don't think a majority of people are offended by the concept of the ring girls in general, since everyone's citing cheerleaders in other sports and I agree. I don't fully understand cheerleading, but it does exist and you could draw the comparison.

However, in a show aimed toward a small ground of gamers and not the general, middle-aged, beer drinking public, I feel like they're not only simply unnecessary, but a silly production choice in the first place. The complaining might be a bit overdramatic (especially those who are offended not by their inclusion by a producer but the objectification as a whole), but why not complain if it's something we can actually fix for once. And we did lol. Torte de Lini is listening \o/
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 30 2014 15:57 GMT
#7932
Wolfkrone was complaining before we had the first changelist, when she was rumored to get a big nerf to burnkicks that ended up not being true.
But Krone really want to play Poison and Hugo anyway, they're his favorites since a long time lol.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
January 30 2014 16:12 GMT
#7933
Well his bellyaching and the rumors discouraged me from even bothering to practice Viper since it sounded like the fucking apocalypse lmao. She's one of my fave characters. Guess I know what I can do this weekend when I'm bored!
diehilde
Profile Joined September 2008
Germany1596 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-30 16:31:04
January 30 2014 16:16 GMT
#7934
On January 31 2014 00:27 Noocta wrote:
Latest changelist sur USF4

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2014/01/30/ultra-street-fighter-4-change-list

Still a few thing I want for Makoto that aren't there ( throw invu on ex oroshi notably ) but god damn would I lie if Viper doesn't look insane right now.


Shhhh dont jinx it!

On a more serious note, wtf is up with those oni changes?? Considering the changes to oni and the rest of the cast, oni should be god tier. I mean seriously, didnt they get the memo about oni actually being pretty damn good already? Now they wanna give him FADC on his srk, buff his sweep, buff his fwd+mk (which buffs his kara super as well), buff his medium sekisei which already was hard to punish on block for many characters due to pushback... now its gonna be impossible for any char who doesnt have a long reaching 4f move, buff his fireballs (and fireball ultra) and buff his slashes (not very much impact, but still)..... Combofiend, pls stahp!!!
Savior: "I will cheat everyone again in SC2!" - SCII Beta Tester
UltraDavid
Profile Joined July 2010
United States25 Posts
January 30 2014 16:49 GMT
#7935
On January 30 2014 21:10 Torte de Lini wrote:
https://twitter.com/TorteDeLini/status/428864078870634496

good on you, thanks! looking for good things out of this
Checkin emails and kickin Cheats in the hereafter
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 30 2014 17:07 GMT
#7936
On January 31 2014 01:16 diehilde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 00:27 Noocta wrote:
Latest changelist sur USF4

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2014/01/30/ultra-street-fighter-4-change-list

Still a few thing I want for Makoto that aren't there ( throw invu on ex oroshi notably ) but god damn would I lie if Viper doesn't look insane right now.


Shhhh dont jinx it!

On a more serious note, wtf is up with those oni changes?? Considering the changes to oni and the rest of the cast, oni should be god tier. I mean seriously, didnt they get the memo about oni actually being pretty damn good already? Now they wanna give him FADC on his srk, buff his sweep, buff his fwd+mk (which buffs his kara super as well), buff his medium sekisei which already was hard to punish on block for many characters due to pushback... now its gonna be impossible for any char who doesnt have a long reaching 4f move, buff his fireballs (and fireball ultra) and buff his slashes (not very much impact, but still)..... Combofiend, pls stahp!!!


Well, Combofiend doesn't main Oni for nothing I guess.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
diehilde
Profile Joined September 2008
Germany1596 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-30 17:21:42
January 30 2014 17:16 GMT
#7937
On January 31 2014 02:07 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2014 01:16 diehilde wrote:
On January 31 2014 00:27 Noocta wrote:
Latest changelist sur USF4

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2014/01/30/ultra-street-fighter-4-change-list

Still a few thing I want for Makoto that aren't there ( throw invu on ex oroshi notably ) but god damn would I lie if Viper doesn't look insane right now.


Shhhh dont jinx it!

On a more serious note, wtf is up with those oni changes?? Considering the changes to oni and the rest of the cast, oni should be god tier. I mean seriously, didnt they get the memo about oni actually being pretty damn good already? Now they wanna give him FADC on his srk, buff his sweep, buff his fwd+mk (which buffs his kara super as well), buff his medium sekisei which already was hard to punish on block for many characters due to pushback... now its gonna be impossible for any char who doesnt have a long reaching 4f move, buff his fireballs (and fireball ultra) and buff his slashes (not very much impact, but still)..... Combofiend, pls stahp!!!


Well, Combofiend doesn't main Oni for nothing I guess.

Yeah, I guess if I was in charge Viper would be looking at 3f normals, one of the best focus attacks in the game and burnkick hitbox being extended straight to the god damn floor beneath viper....
Savior: "I will cheat everyone again in SC2!" - SCII Beta Tester
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
January 30 2014 18:13 GMT
#7938
I don't really care about changes to claw, new heroes will rise and the normal crossup setups will once again come to me ~~~~
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
January 30 2014 19:09 GMT
#7939
So is this a list from 2012 -> ultra or from 'last ultra build' -> 'new ultra build'?

If it's the former then they just reverted every single meaningful Vega buff.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 30 2014 19:16 GMT
#7940
last ultra > new ultra

and yeah they reverted all the vega buffs it seems
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Prev 1 395 396 397 398 399 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 167
Vindicta 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10032
Rain 908
Artosis 555
Bale 15
League of Legends
Doublelift4112
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox634
Mew2King512
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor995
Other Games
summit1g9938
shahzam590
Day[9].tv561
JimRising 557
PiGStarcraft184
C9.Mang096
ArmadaUGS95
NeuroSwarm64
ViBE54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV177
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 80
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie748
• Day9tv561
• Scarra530
• Shiphtur182
Upcoming Events
OSC
6m
CranKy Ducklings3
Stellar Fest
13h 6m
OSC
22h 6m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.