• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:58
CEST 11:58
KST 18:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12259 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 685

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 683 684 685 686 687 698 Next
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
June 26 2017 05:46 GMT
#13681
On June 25 2017 18:59 RvB wrote:
Isn't the paradox base always angry after the release of a game/expansion/whatever? I've recently bought HoI4 and I'm really enjoying it as well.

Most of the the anger lately comes as a result of PDX increasing prices in many regions around the world

I am still happy though. I really like the Rights of Man and Mandate of Heaven expansions for EU4 (haven't tried Third Rome), Stellaris is going in the right direction (except for the launch of the 1.6.0 patch, but that seems to be the fault of the marketing department) and I really like HOI4 so far
EZ4ENCE
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
June 26 2017 05:57 GMT
#13682
On June 26 2017 10:59 F1rstAssau1t wrote:
Holy shit guise.....MY WALLET IS CRYING!!

Send haaalp!


Lol, probably because I only started legit PC gaming for first time ever about a year ago, the Steam Sales still feel like a wonderful time for me.

I also bought way more than I expected, and should have.

Thinking of the first XCom game. Looking for another Divinity:OS-like game, and people mentioned X-Com, Pillars, and Wasteland 2.
Forever Young
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12015 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-26 07:00:47
June 26 2017 07:00 GMT
#13683
On June 26 2017 14:57 sung_moon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2017 10:59 F1rstAssau1t wrote:
Holy shit guise.....MY WALLET IS CRYING!!

Send haaalp!


Lol, probably because I only started legit PC gaming for first time ever about a year ago, the Steam Sales still feel like a wonderful time for me.

I also bought way more than I expected, and should have.

Thinking of the first XCom game. Looking for another Divinity:OS-like game, and people mentioned X-Com, Pillars, and Wasteland 2.


X-Com is very good, but i don't think it is exactly like Divinity:OS. DOS is an RPG, X-Com is a turn-based tactics game with a strategic layer on top.

Still highly recommended. If you get it, i would also suggest getting Enemy within. That expands the game in a worthwile way, and allows you to use the Long War mod, should you eventually want to. And the complete pack is just one buck more.
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-26 07:53:20
June 26 2017 07:33 GMT
#13684
Grab Verdun boys, 6$ is a steal for that game.

On June 25 2017 17:22 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2017 13:03 Sermokala wrote:
On June 25 2017 04:29 WindWolf wrote:
I bought Hearts of Iron IV. I'm really liking it so far, and then I haven't tried any major mods yet (aside from a tiny bit in Kasierreich)

The paradox base is in an angry state at the moment with the company for various things so don't go to the reddit or forums right now.

Yeah, I've already noticed that. Hoi4 is certainly not flawless, but I really enjoy the game still


Its quite annoying to play Germany since winning or losing hinges on beating the allies before the USA joins, cause beating Russia and the allies is much like in real life, quite impossible or defeating the allies with the US in the war
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
June 26 2017 08:59 GMT
#13685
On June 26 2017 16:00 Simberto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2017 14:57 sung_moon wrote:
On June 26 2017 10:59 F1rstAssau1t wrote:
Holy shit guise.....MY WALLET IS CRYING!!

Send haaalp!


Lol, probably because I only started legit PC gaming for first time ever about a year ago, the Steam Sales still feel like a wonderful time for me.

I also bought way more than I expected, and should have.

Thinking of the first XCom game. Looking for another Divinity:OS-like game, and people mentioned X-Com, Pillars, and Wasteland 2.


X-Com is very good, but i don't think it is exactly like Divinity:OS. DOS is an RPG, X-Com is a turn-based tactics game with a strategic layer on top.
[..]


I apologize in advance for being a bit offtopic in this thread.

Why does nobody ever recommend Apocalypse? I really enjoyed that back in the day.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12015 Posts
June 26 2017 09:06 GMT
#13686
On June 26 2017 17:59 Khalum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2017 16:00 Simberto wrote:
On June 26 2017 14:57 sung_moon wrote:
On June 26 2017 10:59 F1rstAssau1t wrote:
Holy shit guise.....MY WALLET IS CRYING!!

Send haaalp!


Lol, probably because I only started legit PC gaming for first time ever about a year ago, the Steam Sales still feel like a wonderful time for me.

I also bought way more than I expected, and should have.

Thinking of the first XCom game. Looking for another Divinity:OS-like game, and people mentioned X-Com, Pillars, and Wasteland 2.


X-Com is very good, but i don't think it is exactly like Divinity:OS. DOS is an RPG, X-Com is a turn-based tactics game with a strategic layer on top.
[..]


I apologize in advance for being a bit offtopic in this thread.

Why does nobody ever recommend Apocalypse? I really enjoyed that back in the day.


Because people usually talk about newer games. People rarely recommend a 20 year old game, unless directly asked for.
Silvanel
Profile Blog Joined March 2003
Poland4769 Posts
June 26 2017 09:11 GMT
#13687
On June 26 2017 14:57 sung_moon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2017 10:59 F1rstAssau1t wrote:
Holy shit guise.....MY WALLET IS CRYING!!

Send haaalp!


Lol, probably because I only started legit PC gaming for first time ever about a year ago, the Steam Sales still feel like a wonderful time for me.

I also bought way more than I expected, and should have.

Thinking of the first XCom game. Looking for another Divinity:OS-like game, and people mentioned X-Com, Pillars, and Wasteland 2.


From the list of games You mentioned i would say Wastland is closest to D2:OS. They are both RPG, both are turn based and tactical. The story and climate are obviously wastly different one being post apo and other full fledged fantasy. But structurally simmiliar.
Pathetic Greta hater.
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
June 26 2017 09:26 GMT
#13688
On June 26 2017 18:06 Simberto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2017 17:59 Khalum wrote:
On June 26 2017 16:00 Simberto wrote:
On June 26 2017 14:57 sung_moon wrote:
On June 26 2017 10:59 F1rstAssau1t wrote:
Holy shit guise.....MY WALLET IS CRYING!!

Send haaalp!


Lol, probably because I only started legit PC gaming for first time ever about a year ago, the Steam Sales still feel like a wonderful time for me.

I also bought way more than I expected, and should have.

Thinking of the first XCom game. Looking for another Divinity:OS-like game, and people mentioned X-Com, Pillars, and Wasteland 2.


X-Com is very good, but i don't think it is exactly like Divinity:OS. DOS is an RPG, X-Com is a turn-based tactics game with a strategic layer on top.
[..]


I apologize in advance for being a bit offtopic in this thread.

Why does nobody ever recommend Apocalypse? I really enjoyed that back in the day.


Because people usually talk about newer games. People rarely recommend a 20 year old game, unless directly asked for.


Oh.. when he asked for the *first* XCOM I thought he meant the *first* XCOM...
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
June 26 2017 16:12 GMT
#13689
I'm waiting closer to the weekend before buying in case I change my mind but I'm planning on spending $150 this year. I mapped out a plan on which games I'll be playing over the next year. I figure that anything I can't play over the next year will be cheaper in 2018's Summer Sale.

Also, if you are getting Wasteland 2, the Shadowrun games (Returns, Dragonfall and Hongkong) are pretty good, short games with similar gameplay. They are also incredibly cheap.
CobaltBlu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States919 Posts
June 26 2017 17:31 GMT
#13690
This sale is a little disappointing for me but I'm going to try and pick between a couple games. Hyper Light Drifter, Hollow Knight, Furi and Ori and the Blind Forest. Super Metroid is one of my favorite games of all time but I'm not sure if that will help or hurt my enjoyment of Hollow Knight. Does anyone have some experience with these games? Can't decide if they are worth the $10 price point yet.
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
June 26 2017 18:10 GMT
#13691
On June 27 2017 02:31 CobaltBlu wrote:
This sale is a little disappointing for me but I'm going to try and pick between a couple games. Hyper Light Drifter, Hollow Knight, Furi and Ori and the Blind Forest. Super Metroid is one of my favorite games of all time but I'm not sure if that will help or hurt my enjoyment of Hollow Knight. Does anyone have some experience with these games? Can't decide if they are worth the $10 price point yet.


Hollow Knight is one of the best games in recent memory. I watched a friend play through it and Day9 gave it a ringing endorsement as well. It's easily worth $20 or $30. It's challenging but fair (colloquially it's called Bug Souls) and oozes atmosphere. Excellent game.

Ori is also really good aesthetically, and it's a decently-challenging platformer. Certainly worth $10 here too.

I don't have experience with the others.
Moderator
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
June 26 2017 18:43 GMT
#13692
On June 26 2017 16:33 arb wrote:
Grab Verdun boys, 6$ is a steal for that game.

Show nested quote +
On June 25 2017 17:22 WindWolf wrote:
On June 25 2017 13:03 Sermokala wrote:
On June 25 2017 04:29 WindWolf wrote:
I bought Hearts of Iron IV. I'm really liking it so far, and then I haven't tried any major mods yet (aside from a tiny bit in Kasierreich)

The paradox base is in an angry state at the moment with the company for various things so don't go to the reddit or forums right now.

Yeah, I've already noticed that. Hoi4 is certainly not flawless, but I really enjoy the game still


Its quite annoying to play Germany since winning or losing hinges on beating the allies before the USA joins, cause beating Russia and the allies is much like in real life, quite impossible or defeating the allies with the US in the war

You had a problem beating russia as Germany in hoi4? It was the biggest problem I had with the game beacuse it was easier then beating france. The Ai can't handle the Barbarossa strike that bottles up the Ukraine. Not to mention spart imbalances. take off historical ai choices and Poland allies itself with the baltic sisters and allows you to eat them up whole.
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
June 26 2017 19:53 GMT
#13693
On June 27 2017 03:43 Sermokala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2017 16:33 arb wrote:
Grab Verdun boys, 6$ is a steal for that game.

On June 25 2017 17:22 WindWolf wrote:
On June 25 2017 13:03 Sermokala wrote:
On June 25 2017 04:29 WindWolf wrote:
I bought Hearts of Iron IV. I'm really liking it so far, and then I haven't tried any major mods yet (aside from a tiny bit in Kasierreich)

The paradox base is in an angry state at the moment with the company for various things so don't go to the reddit or forums right now.

Yeah, I've already noticed that. Hoi4 is certainly not flawless, but I really enjoy the game still


Its quite annoying to play Germany since winning or losing hinges on beating the allies before the USA joins, cause beating Russia and the allies is much like in real life, quite impossible or defeating the allies with the US in the war

You had a problem beating russia as Germany in hoi4? It was the biggest problem I had with the game beacuse it was easier then beating france. The Ai can't handle the Barbarossa strike that bottles up the Ukraine. Not to mention spart imbalances. take off historical ai choices and Poland allies itself with the baltic sisters and allows you to eat them up whole.

No it isnt so much difficult as it is frustrating, since if playing with historical choices they end up with about 90% unity, you basically have to slow push half of russia to get them to surrender, since they will have so much unity, more frustrating than anything else really.

You can stop germany dead if you take the bonus to research they give you and churn out T-34's like theres no tomorrow though. My last play through they didnt even make it past the side of poland they gave me from the pact haha
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-26 20:44:35
June 26 2017 20:39 GMT
#13694
On June 27 2017 02:31 CobaltBlu wrote:
This sale is a little disappointing for me but I'm going to try and pick between a couple games. Hyper Light Drifter, Hollow Knight, Furi and Ori and the Blind Forest. Super Metroid is one of my favorite games of all time but I'm not sure if that will help or hurt my enjoyment of Hollow Knight. Does anyone have some experience with these games? Can't decide if they are worth the $10 price point yet.


Hollow Knight is a really good game, but it has performance issues which in a 2d platformer that requires very tight movement is a big no-no. there was one boss fight in particular (the big grub in the sewer) that I couldn't get through without exploring and powering up first because falling in the water was one of the conditions for major lagginess, and the boss had a ton of particle effects to boot. The game is beatable, but imo this kept the game from being one of the greats.

My notebook is really mediocre and this might have been fixed though, so look for other opinions if you can.
Bora Pain minha porra!
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-26 20:43:58
June 26 2017 20:42 GMT
#13695
Bought Tomb Raider (2013 one) and was pleasantly surprised, didn't think i'd like a game like this but it was a joy to play.

Gonna pick up the new one Rise of the Tomb Raider, hope its as good as the previous title.
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
June 26 2017 20:50 GMT
#13696
On June 27 2017 02:31 CobaltBlu wrote:
This sale is a little disappointing for me but I'm going to try and pick between a couple games. Hyper Light Drifter, Hollow Knight, Furi and Ori and the Blind Forest. Super Metroid is one of my favorite games of all time but I'm not sure if that will help or hurt my enjoyment of Hollow Knight. Does anyone have some experience with these games? Can't decide if they are worth the $10 price point yet.

If you're looking for good Metroidvania games, I'd also recommend the Shantae series and Owlboy.

Also a few others if you're into the hyper-challenging ones.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
bardtown
Profile Joined June 2011
England2313 Posts
June 26 2017 21:01 GMT
#13697
On June 27 2017 02:31 CobaltBlu wrote:
This sale is a little disappointing for me but I'm going to try and pick between a couple games. Hyper Light Drifter, Hollow Knight, Furi and Ori and the Blind Forest. Super Metroid is one of my favorite games of all time but I'm not sure if that will help or hurt my enjoyment of Hollow Knight. Does anyone have some experience with these games? Can't decide if they are worth the $10 price point yet.

Ori is the only single player game I've completed in a long time. You won't regret it for $10.
carebear91
Profile Joined February 2010
Singapore236 Posts
June 27 2017 03:30 GMT
#13698
Looking at doom and deus ex mankind divided..Got a few questions, roughly how long is t he campaign for each game and is it worth the price it's currently at right now?
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
June 27 2017 04:27 GMT
#13699
I normally don't even like platformers, but Ori and the Blind Forest was downright amazing and I'm buying the next one the day it comes out.
Writer
AbouSV
Profile Joined October 2014
Germany1278 Posts
June 27 2017 07:47 GMT
#13700
On June 27 2017 12:30 carebear91 wrote:
Looking at doom and deus ex mankind divided..Got a few questions, roughly how long is t he campaign for each game and is it worth the price it's currently at right now?


For doom, bursting your way through is about 20-30 hours maybe?
I think I'm already way above that, but there's enough stuff to keep you busy for sometime. Also, it really is a good game, simple, straight forward and very well done. I'd say anything close to 15€/$ is ok.
Prev 1 683 684 685 686 687 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 7265
Horang2 553
BeSt 469
Hyuk 453
Stork 161
sorry 116
Pusan 85
Killer 80
Shinee 78
Hyun 68
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 62
Bonyth 49
Snow 47
Mind 36
Bale 34
Hm[arnc] 32
JYJ 22
Sacsri 20
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe4
League of Legends
JimRising 481
Other Games
gofns33891
singsing2018
Mew2King75
ArmadaUGS73
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick663
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Adnapsc2 21
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Lourlo1586
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3m
CranKy Ducklings12
INu's Battles
2h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 3m
Replay Cast
13h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.