• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:45
CEST 11:45
KST 18:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8356 users

PC Games Sales Thread - Page 25

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 698 Next
Grimjaw
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
178 Posts
July 02 2011 23:45 GMT
#481
On July 03 2011 07:15 djcube wrote:
The weekend and midweek sales are never as major as these week long seasonal ones. Try changing your download region to one of the relatively less populated regions. I remember downloads being faster if I changed to one of the SE Asian countries.


Overlooked this option, thanks.
Furycrab
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada456 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-03 03:06:58
July 03 2011 03:01 GMT
#482
Finally got my copy of Super Meat Boy! Missed it last winter and well... I'm a little cheap and had other games to play haha.


But ya... I would have paid for this game almost for the soundtrack alone, and the gameplay is super crisp!



Debating on if I should get PvZ... for 3.49 I have more lost change around me than that... but I'll prolly get bored after an hour or two... PvZ strikes me a lot more as a phone game.
Too tired to come up with something witty.
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
July 03 2011 03:47 GMT
#483
On July 03 2011 12:01 Furycrab wrote:
Debating on if I should get PvZ... for 3.49 I have more lost change around me than that... but I'll prolly get bored after an hour or two... PvZ strikes me a lot more as a phone game.

I wouldn't. It is amusing for a few minutes, but it gets old fast. Unless you're a huge fan of tower defense games i guess.


Whelp, I'm definitely stocking up on games I should have played before but haven't. Both Bioshocks, Half Life 2, and Super Meat Boy. Also decided to get Darksiders, as I have been known to enjoy a good hack'n'slash.

My game list at the end of this sale is probably going to be 5x bigger than it was before.
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
July 03 2011 03:52 GMT
#484
download the demo for PvZ and see how it goes
I liked it quite a bit but never got around to buying it. Not worth the 20$ it was in stores but <5$ is a pretty good deal.
crate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2474 Posts
July 03 2011 03:53 GMT
#485
There's a Plants vs Zombies demo on Steam so if you don't know if you want to buy it you can play the demo....
We did. You did. Yes we can. No. || http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/crate.html || twitch.tv/crate3333
dudeman001
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2412 Posts
July 03 2011 04:12 GMT
#486
My gosh, Heroes of might and magic V yesterday for $5, it was too much for me to handle. I'll be lucky if I manage to last the week without buying the $50 Valve pack lol.
Sup.
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
July 03 2011 04:50 GMT
#487
My God, I know it's not going to happen since it's not out yet -- but if Deus Ex: HR went on a big sale, I would get that in an instant.
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-03 07:42:22
July 03 2011 05:06 GMT
#488
If I were to buy only one of the Civilization games, should it be 4 or 5?
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
July 03 2011 05:36 GMT
#489
On July 03 2011 14:06 tryclops wrote:
If I were to buy only on of the Civilization games, should it be 4 or 5?


4. Civ5 actually managed to make several things worse which worked well in Civ4. Also, CIv4 is a lot cheaper.
Pangolin
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1035 Posts
July 03 2011 05:43 GMT
#490
On July 03 2011 13:50 Fruscainte wrote:
My God, I know it's not going to happen since it's not out yet -- but if Deus Ex: HR went on a big sale, I would get that in an instant.

That game is not even out yet. It wont be any cheaper before release than the 10% off that you get for a preorder.
It's easier not to.
masterbreti
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)2711 Posts
July 03 2011 05:46 GMT
#491
I thought about buying magicka since its so cheap. But It looks like it won't wokr for my pc. I tried a demo of it at one point and it was super low fps.
Trizz
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands1323 Posts
July 03 2011 05:54 GMT
#492
I just picked up Bad Company 2 and their special editions for 9,99.
Don't really know if this was a good deal, but it was -75% off.
nope
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
July 03 2011 06:04 GMT
#493
There's no such thing as a bad deal during a steam sale, unless you miss it on a super sale day or buy a genre you hate ^_^ Or you live in Europe/Australia and get screwed over by currency...
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
freddievercetti
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
224 Posts
July 03 2011 06:23 GMT
#494
On July 03 2011 14:06 tryclops wrote:
If I were to buy only on of the Civilization games, should it be 4 or 5?


4. It also has a great mod by the name of Fall From Heaven 2. Look for it after you are done playing Civ 4 enough times to understand the underlying mechanics, so you can learn new ones!
Teton
Profile Joined May 2010
France1656 Posts
July 03 2011 06:57 GMT
#495
On July 03 2011 12:01 Furycrab wrote:
Finally got my copy of Super Meat Boy! Missed it last winter and well... I'm a little cheap and had other games to play haha.


But ya... I would have paid for this game almost for the soundtrack alone, and the gameplay is super crisp!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATrQKgfLpD0

Debating on if I should get PvZ... for 3.49 I have more lost change around me than that... but I'll prolly get bored after an hour or two... PvZ strikes me a lot more as a phone game.



Epic boss <3
masterbreti
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)2711 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-03 07:07:43
July 03 2011 07:06 GMT
#496
I'm on the edge of getting the Half life franchise pack for $10. worth it?
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-03 07:19:13
July 03 2011 07:14 GMT
#497
Only spent 20 bucks so far, but I already own many of the sale games (I have over 100 games on Steam). Will probably buy BC2 with the expansion even though I already own BC2 on PC. It's cheaper for me to buy it again with the Vietnam expansion on Steam than to buy it for my disk version.

Get PvZ. Easily my most played Steam game. There are totally SC style build you can do on it. I do the potato mine high econ opening into melonpults and tallnuts. You can get two rows of sunflowers before plural numbers of zombies start hitting defending only with potato mines.

Also, buy Civ 4 before the sale is done. It is too good to pass up. Same with Company of Heroes if it is cheap (I bought it at winter sale for under 10 bucks). It may not be as mechanically difficult as SC, but oh man are artillery guns satisfying, especially when you have 4-5 of them.

If you can only get one Total War game, get Medieval 2. The new ones aren't as good. And Medieval 2 runs on anything.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
July 03 2011 08:01 GMT
#498
On July 03 2011 16:06 masterbreti wrote:
I'm on the edge of getting the Half life franchise pack for $10. worth it?


Compelling story-telling with great action.
yes.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
epikAnglory
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1120 Posts
July 03 2011 08:03 GMT
#499
Teamfortress is now free to play, informing the people that do not know. Not really a sale but if you are interested in fun/casual FPS games it's a decent game (warning, might meet a lot of trolls).
710+ Posts with a Probe Icon =D
Enox
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1667 Posts
July 03 2011 08:21 GMT
#500
just bought Bad Company 2 and Darksiders. If the latter is only half as good as devil may cry 4 its worth the 5 bucks already
If you think it's too hard there are solutions other than asking for a nerf, getting better is the first that comes to mind.
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 698 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 390
Horang2 367
EffOrt 323
Larva 280
Pusan 87
Mind 83
sorry 64
ggaemo 58
Hyun 54
scan(afreeca) 52
[ Show more ]
Killer 46
Bale 45
Barracks 36
NotJumperer 34
Sharp 32
Yoon 22
Sacsri 20
Shinee 16
Hm[arnc] 13
Noble 7
Dota 2
febbydoto99
League of Legends
JimRising 402
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1388
edward53
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King97
Other Games
summit1g7831
ceh9649
Happy365
crisheroes206
Sick171
dupreeh71
Pyrionflax67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast10
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Jankos1031
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 15m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.