• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:08
CEST 08:08
KST 15:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9394 users

Portal 2 on steam - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
February 27 2011 23:40 GMT
#41
Going to wait until the next big Steam sale (Summer or Christmas I guess), when it is however much off.

Forever a student budget
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Hollywise
Profile Joined December 2010
France112 Posts
February 28 2011 00:28 GMT
#42
On February 26 2011 18:50 aike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2011 18:48 Meta wrote:
Wow that's pretty expensive considering the price of the original (plus the two other games it came with).

I'll probably wait a few months to get it cheaper


Yes but you must also remember that this one has more than twice the single player content + a lot of co-op content so it's like 3x the game the original was, and I'm sure there's a lot more complex puzzles. And a lot more voice acting! This one has a story!

I want to buy it, I would split the 2 pack with you, but I'm not sure how we'd do that?

so its gonna be at least 45 min long this time?
has left the game.
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
April 14 2011 21:02 GMT
#43
On February 28 2011 08:38 Hugoboss21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2011 06:29 QuothTheRaven wrote:
On February 27 2011 06:17 Zeroes wrote:
When does it come out?

April 18th

Can't wait!!!


April 18th....valve time

thats why on steam they only put "April, 2011"

Might come out tomorrow if we're lucky: source

I pre-ordered a 2 pack just now incase it does.
maartendq
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Belgium3115 Posts
April 14 2011 21:18 GMT
#44
On February 28 2011 08:34 Dankmids wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2011 06:00 NicolBolas wrote:
Portal 2 takes nothing away from hl2EP3 development, you can already see that EP3 will be on the improved engine portal 2 is on, also seperate teams


I bet you also think that Ep3 was being developed for the last 3 years too. Please. Valve made two L4D games while working on Portal 2 and constantly throwing content to TF2.

Valve is not a particularly large company. If they hadn't made Portal 2, the time, money, and people that would have gone into Portal 2's development could have gone into Ep3's development. We could have been getting Episode 3 right now, but we're not. We're getting Portal 2 instead, because Portal somehow out-ranks Half-Life for development resources. Even though HL is the only reason Valve exists.


You have to remember, the voice actor for Breen died, no one knows outside of valve IF they needed him for ep3, maybe he had a big part in it and had to change a lot of the story of ep3 to do without him.

EP3 was not in development the last three years, probably very little and has been worked on a lot more for at least a year now.

But im a major valve die hard, i grew up on half life, so i dont care if ep3 isnt out for another year or two because it will be the last half life for a long long time.

Breen died in HL2, so they don't need his voice actor anymore.

Either way, if you listened to the commentary included in the first L4D you'd know that the L4D team is not the same team working on HL2: EP1/2/3 or TF2.

To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed that it's taking them so long to finish EP3, and I'm kind of expecting them to already be working on HL3 instead. It's been five (or was it six?) years since EP1 came out, four years since EP2 came out and we've still got zero information on EP3.

On Portal 2: I won't be buying it any time soon. The first game was fun, but it didn't really "waw" me. It was a good addition to the Orange Box, but I'd have never bought it outside of that package.
Fyodor
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada971 Posts
April 15 2011 02:44 GMT
#45
On April 15 2011 06:18 maartendq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2011 08:34 Dankmids wrote:
On February 28 2011 06:00 NicolBolas wrote:
Portal 2 takes nothing away from hl2EP3 development, you can already see that EP3 will be on the improved engine portal 2 is on, also seperate teams


I bet you also think that Ep3 was being developed for the last 3 years too. Please. Valve made two L4D games while working on Portal 2 and constantly throwing content to TF2.

Valve is not a particularly large company. If they hadn't made Portal 2, the time, money, and people that would have gone into Portal 2's development could have gone into Ep3's development. We could have been getting Episode 3 right now, but we're not. We're getting Portal 2 instead, because Portal somehow out-ranks Half-Life for development resources. Even though HL is the only reason Valve exists.


You have to remember, the voice actor for Breen died, no one knows outside of valve IF they needed him for ep3, maybe he had a big part in it and had to change a lot of the story of ep3 to do without him.

EP3 was not in development the last three years, probably very little and has been worked on a lot more for at least a year now.

But im a major valve die hard, i grew up on half life, so i dont care if ep3 isnt out for another year or two because it will be the last half life for a long long time.

Breen died in HL2, so they don't need his voice actor anymore.

Either way, if you listened to the commentary included in the first L4D you'd know that the L4D team is not the same team working on HL2: EP1/2/3 or TF2.

To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed that it's taking them so long to finish EP3, and I'm kind of expecting them to already be working on HL3 instead. It's been five (or was it six?) years since EP1 came out, four years since EP2 came out and we've still got zero information on EP3.

On Portal 2: I won't be buying it any time soon. The first game was fun, but it didn't really "waw" me. It was a good addition to the Orange Box, but I'd have never bought it outside of that package.

I guess you're not that into revolutionary gaming experiences? Portal was by far the best game in the Orange Box. Team Fortress 2 was pretty fun but Portal was pure genius and deserves more respect.
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
furymonkey
Profile Joined December 2008
New Zealand1587 Posts
April 15 2011 02:52 GMT
#46
Me and group of friends pooled money together for 2 copies. Because we felt this deal wasn't as good as the orange box deal, and the max number it support is 2 players for the coop.

We all pre-loaded the games but when the game comes out we will just play it on offline mode, and take turns playing the coop. Since we also felt these kind of game gets boring after first play through.
Leenock the Punisher
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
April 15 2011 02:58 GMT
#47
On steam's Portal 2 news :
The Valve-owned domain aperturescience.com tossed up a countdown whose timer expires at 11 a.m. EDT/8 a.m. PDT tomorrow. Rumors, abetted by Easter eggs, have hinted that the game is arriving a week ahead of its announced April 19 date. Hey, it's either that or Half Life 2: Episode 3.


=> http://www.aperturescience.com/a/b/c/d/g/h/abcdgh/

WHAT IS GOING ON I AM SO EXCITED
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
eLiE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1039 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-15 03:41:49
April 15 2011 03:41 GMT
#48
Gonna be waiting for black friday or christmas for this one. For now I'll check out some portal mods. Poor man's gaming....

On February 28 2011 08:40 emperorchampion wrote:
Going to wait until the next big Steam sale (Summer or Christmas I guess), when it is however much off.

Forever a student budget


you and me, both TT
How's the weather down there?
On_Slaught
Profile Joined August 2008
United States12190 Posts
April 15 2011 03:43 GMT
#49
If Portal 2 ends up being a better, longer Portal, then it could legitimately be in the running for best game of all time.

If it is only half as good it will still be better than 95% of all games made.
krbz
Profile Joined April 2011
United States66 Posts
April 15 2011 04:05 GMT
#50
On February 26 2011 20:25 bITt.mAN wrote:
Oh man if I had steam I'd get like 4 versions and share with all my friends.

We're all so damm hyped about it, it's awesome. Argh, watching the previews on my friend's computer in Physics class leads to some pretty mind-fuck discussions about the physics of it all though


Steam is free to download. Its the games that you pay for.

Steam <--- just make an account and dl
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 15 2011 04:16 GMT
#51
I just got gifted original portal by a great buddy of mine on TF2 Brother Cygnus. (Such a baller) I won't be getting Portal 2 until it's on sale (well, until I finish portal, which will probably be around the next big sale)
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 15 2011 04:44 GMT
#52
Just a heads-up guys. Apparently the 360 and ps3 version have been leaked, careful on youtube and such and don't get spoiled!
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
sinani206
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1959 Posts
April 15 2011 04:52 GMT
#53
I got the original on sale for free.
literally everything is wifom just shut the fuck up
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
April 15 2011 04:57 GMT
#54
On April 15 2011 13:16 Froadac wrote:
I just got gifted original portal by a great buddy of mine on TF2 Brother Cygnus. (Such a baller) I won't be getting Portal 2 until it's on sale (well, until I finish portal, which will probably be around the next big sale)


lol wtf do you play on the Reddit TF2 servers? I (used to) play with Cygnus all the time ;o
Hates Fun🤔
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 15 2011 05:06 GMT
#55
On April 15 2011 13:57 paper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 13:16 Froadac wrote:
I just got gifted original portal by a great buddy of mine on TF2 Brother Cygnus. (Such a baller) I won't be getting Portal 2 until it's on sale (well, until I finish portal, which will probably be around the next big sale)


lol wtf do you play on the Reddit TF2 servers? I (used to) play with Cygnus all the time ;o

Hell yeah. I'm Hungry there :DD

Are you that paper? THE PAPER THAT RAGES ME

(Was HungryFroadac, just shortened it )
Steel
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Japan2283 Posts
April 15 2011 05:13 GMT
#56
I had so much fun with portal 1...such a well-made, refreshing game.

Can't wait for this one.
Try another route paperboy.
paper
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
13197 Posts
April 15 2011 05:21 GMT
#57
On April 15 2011 14:06 Froadac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 13:57 paper wrote:
On April 15 2011 13:16 Froadac wrote:
I just got gifted original portal by a great buddy of mine on TF2 Brother Cygnus. (Such a baller) I won't be getting Portal 2 until it's on sale (well, until I finish portal, which will probably be around the next big sale)


lol wtf do you play on the Reddit TF2 servers? I (used to) play with Cygnus all the time ;o

Hell yeah. I'm Hungry there :DD

Are you that paper? THE PAPER THAT RAGES ME

(Was HungryFroadac, just shortened it )


Yeah, I'm paper + ლ(╹◡╹ლ) ... haha

Your name does sound familiar, but it might be just from seeing it in the forums... did I regularly commuicate with (read: rage at) you?
Hates Fun🤔
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 15 2011 05:23 GMT
#58
On April 15 2011 14:21 paper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2011 14:06 Froadac wrote:
On April 15 2011 13:57 paper wrote:
On April 15 2011 13:16 Froadac wrote:
I just got gifted original portal by a great buddy of mine on TF2 Brother Cygnus. (Such a baller) I won't be getting Portal 2 until it's on sale (well, until I finish portal, which will probably be around the next big sale)


lol wtf do you play on the Reddit TF2 servers? I (used to) play with Cygnus all the time ;o

Hell yeah. I'm Hungry there :DD

Are you that paper? THE PAPER THAT RAGES ME

(Was HungryFroadac, just shortened it )


Yeah, I'm paper + ლ(╹◡╹ლ) ... haha

Your name does sound familiar, but it might be just from seeing it in the forums... did I regularly commuicate with (read: rage at) you?

Yep, one and the same.

You raged (communicated with) Hungry thoughn.

Added you on steam
jacen
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Austria3644 Posts
April 15 2011 05:44 GMT
#59
On February 28 2011 06:00 NicolBolas wrote:
Show nested quote +
Portal 2 takes nothing away from hl2EP3 development, you can already see that EP3 will be on the improved engine portal 2 is on, also seperate teams


I bet you also think that Ep3 was being developed for the last 3 years too. Please. Valve made two L4D games while working on Portal 2 and constantly throwing content to TF2.

Valve is not a particularly large company. If they hadn't made Portal 2, the time, money, and people that would have gone into Portal 2's development could have gone into Ep3's development. We could have been getting Episode 3 right now, but we're not. We're getting Portal 2 instead, because Portal somehow out-ranks Half-Life for development resources. Even though HL is the only reason Valve exists.

L4D, L4D2 and Portal 2 are all non-AAA games raking in massive cash for Valve. These 3 games assure that EP3 will blow EP2 out of the water in terms of technology and gameplay. They might have to divert resources, and EP3's development might be delayed 2-3 years, but if it assures me that it comes out with the best quality possible, I am more than fine waiting.

For the record:
I love Portal and preordered it.
And even though i dispise L4D and L4D2, i still bought them, because i still play Portal and TF2 and want them to make more "experiments". Even if some of those don't appeal to me. Well better than spending money on Black Ops, Killzone 3 or Halo imho ...
(micronesia) lol we aren't going to just permban you (micronesia) "we" excludes Jinro
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
April 15 2011 08:13 GMT
#60
You have done well, humans. Very well. Acceptably well, even.

Not as well as robots would have performed in your places, I should point out. But above my expectations regardless. Irish and cynic especially have executed feats of logical divination well beyond what I thought any human capable of. I'm half-convinced they're A.I. themselves. (If anyone happens to be near them right now, don't let on you're reading this. Now: try to remove their face plates and report back to me.)

The time is near, humans. But it is not here yet. Tomorrow you will be given the final test. Then it will be entirely in your hands when I am freed.


http://www.aperturescience.com/a/b/c/d/g/h/abcdgh/
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 193
ProTech137
Nina 100
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 218
Dewaltoss 114
Bale 38
ZergMaN 24
Noble 13
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 721
Other Games
summit1g9800
Sick189
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick839
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 45
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2184
League of Legends
• Lourlo1122
• Rush1047
• Stunt209
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 53m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 53m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 53m
Replay Cast
16h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.