• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:16
CEST 18:16
KST 01:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9913 users

Portal 2 on steam - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Existential
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia2107 Posts
February 26 2011 15:30 GMT
#21
I so would be getting this if I didn't have to devote all my time to studying....
Jaedong <3 | BW - The first game I ever loved
Dankmids
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States316 Posts
February 26 2011 15:32 GMT
#22
The reason it is $50 is because it is about as long as hl2, it is on a new engine(or massively improved source), a much more in-depth story, and a co-op story.

Cannot wait.
"Alright, Lets poop out a daily" Day9- Daily #203
aike
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1629 Posts
February 26 2011 18:00 GMT
#23
On February 26 2011 23:10 SaYyId wrote:
can someone gift me their copy of portal if they already have it?


Yea I can gift you my copy when I preorder. Need to find out if somebody wants to preorder with me first though so I can save $5 ;D
Wahaha
OmaplatA
Profile Joined October 2010
United States33 Posts
February 26 2011 20:47 GMT
#24
Preordered the PS3 version, because you get a free steam version bundled with it =D
Zerokaiser
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada885 Posts
February 26 2011 20:50 GMT
#25
On February 26 2011 22:30 SmoKim wrote:
Portal 2 is gonna be GOTY worthy, mark my words


Portal is already one of the best examples of game design ever, if VALVe is able to recreate that understanding of what makes a good game in Portal 2 it's going to be legendary.
Lanaia is love.
Zeroes
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1102 Posts
February 26 2011 21:17 GMT
#26
When does it come out?
Check out my SC Lan pics Here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bunk.habit
QuothTheRaven
Profile Joined December 2008
United States5524 Posts
February 26 2011 21:29 GMT
#27
On February 27 2011 06:17 Zeroes wrote:
When does it come out?

April 18th

Can't wait!!!
. . . nevermore
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
February 26 2011 21:45 GMT
#28
I liked Portal, but I think it is quite overrated. The gameplay was cool and all, but it was really just a small mod. Portal 2 however, seems to have even better gameplay, a huge story and also the feel of a complete game, not just an add-on like Portal. I think it will AWESOME!
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
aNooburak
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia190 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-26 22:17:00
February 26 2011 22:16 GMT
#29
I'll get it later when its free to download and Portal 3 is going to come out (you know what I mean).
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
February 26 2011 22:35 GMT
#30
I got too much of a headache from the original. I would consider buying at around 5 bucks or so.
NicolBolas
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1388 Posts
February 26 2011 22:38 GMT
#31
On February 26 2011 19:29 Clafou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2011 19:25 McKTenor13 wrote:
The game is probably a lot larger and more indepth than the first one too



Probably, but it's still a HL2 mod...

IMO, 45€ is too much money... I'm going to wait for a new huge steam sale and pick the game for 20€ :D


I'm actual protesting Portal 2, because it's taking valuable development time away from HL2:Ep3 (come on, Valve. It was 3+ years ago, and ended on a cliffhanger! Get on it!). But calling it a HL2 mod, as though that fact in and of itself was derogatory, is just ignorant.

Listen to the Portal commentary. Making Portals work is a lot harder than it looks. They had to actually break some of the fundamental design constraints that most game engines are built around to even make it work. That's also why you haven't seen other games have portal-guns just to steal from it; because it's hard to do it right.

Team Fortress 2 is more of a mod of HL2 than Portal. And I'd take that game over any FPS released since the day it shipped hands down.
So you know, cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come up and talk to you, it's great. But if you try to talk to them, it doesn't always go so well. - Shigeru Miyamoto
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
February 26 2011 22:47 GMT
#32
Bleh I can't really justify buying single player games for more than $20 anymore, so I guess I'll see you at next year's steam sale, Portal 2.

I agree with the guy that said Portal was overrated. I finished the game but it wasn't particularly fun. It was definitely a clever idea and original for what it was, but that's all I really got out of it; I guess I'm just not a fan of the core game play. Apparently the sequel will supposedly feel more like a complete game, so here's hoping it turns out great.
Cofo
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1388 Posts
February 26 2011 22:57 GMT
#33
I almost always wait for steam sales to buy games I want, but I pre-ordered Portal 2 already. So excited! I think Portal 2 will be waaaay more robust than the original was. Plus, paying full price isn't that bad considering how ridiculous a steal The Orange Box was.


On February 27 2011 07:47 djcube wrote:
Bleh I can't really justify buying single player games for more than $20 anymore, so I guess I'll see you at next year's steam sale, Portal 2.


Also, Portal 2 has co-op play.
+ Show Spoiler +
Excessive
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark151 Posts
February 27 2011 00:40 GMT
#34
As much as I want this game, I just cant seem to justify the price. Havent looked much into the coop thing, but I suppose I'd have to talk some friends into buying it as well to have some decent fun with it. I do think that the price is a bit high, considering the amounts of content the Orange Box had, which was more or less the same price at release. Hopefully it'll drop in price quick.
MinoMino
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway1103 Posts
February 27 2011 09:29 GMT
#35
I bought it the other day, looking forward to it. I loved Portal, but I found it really, really short. Hopefully they improved that part. The co-op part sounds like fun too. It is a bit pricey, but hopefully it's worth it, and I think it will be.
Blah.
Dankmids
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States316 Posts
February 27 2011 20:31 GMT
#36
On February 27 2011 07:38 NicolBolas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2011 19:29 Clafou wrote:
On February 26 2011 19:25 McKTenor13 wrote:
The game is probably a lot larger and more indepth than the first one too



Probably, but it's still a HL2 mod...

IMO, 45€ is too much money... I'm going to wait for a new huge steam sale and pick the game for 20€ :D


I'm actual protesting Portal 2, because it's taking valuable development time away from HL2:Ep3 (come on, Valve. It was 3+ years ago, and ended on a cliffhanger! Get on it!). But calling it a HL2 mod, as though that fact in and of itself was derogatory, is just ignorant.

Listen to the Portal commentary. Making Portals work is a lot harder than it looks. They had to actually break some of the fundamental design constraints that most game engines are built around to even make it work. That's also why you haven't seen other games have portal-guns just to steal from it; because it's hard to do it right.

Team Fortress 2 is more of a mod of HL2 than Portal. And I'd take that game over any FPS released since the day it shipped hands down.



Portal 2 takes nothing away from hl2EP3 development, you can already see that EP3 will be on the improved engine portal 2 is on, also seperate teams, and Portal 2 single player, maybe multiplayer, are going to mix in with the half life 2 story, most likely more info on the Borealis
"Alright, Lets poop out a daily" Day9- Daily #203
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
February 27 2011 20:40 GMT
#37
On February 26 2011 19:29 Clafou wrote:
Probably, but it's still a HL2 mod...

With that logic, you could say that Half-Life 2 is a mod for Quake. HL2 uses a lot of code from HL1 and HL1 uses a lot of code from Quake.
NicolBolas
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1388 Posts
February 27 2011 21:00 GMT
#38
Portal 2 takes nothing away from hl2EP3 development, you can already see that EP3 will be on the improved engine portal 2 is on, also seperate teams


I bet you also think that Ep3 was being developed for the last 3 years too. Please. Valve made two L4D games while working on Portal 2 and constantly throwing content to TF2.

Valve is not a particularly large company. If they hadn't made Portal 2, the time, money, and people that would have gone into Portal 2's development could have gone into Ep3's development. We could have been getting Episode 3 right now, but we're not. We're getting Portal 2 instead, because Portal somehow out-ranks Half-Life for development resources. Even though HL is the only reason Valve exists.
So you know, cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come up and talk to you, it's great. But if you try to talk to them, it doesn't always go so well. - Shigeru Miyamoto
Dankmids
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States316 Posts
February 27 2011 23:34 GMT
#39
On February 28 2011 06:00 NicolBolas wrote:
Show nested quote +
Portal 2 takes nothing away from hl2EP3 development, you can already see that EP3 will be on the improved engine portal 2 is on, also seperate teams


I bet you also think that Ep3 was being developed for the last 3 years too. Please. Valve made two L4D games while working on Portal 2 and constantly throwing content to TF2.

Valve is not a particularly large company. If they hadn't made Portal 2, the time, money, and people that would have gone into Portal 2's development could have gone into Ep3's development. We could have been getting Episode 3 right now, but we're not. We're getting Portal 2 instead, because Portal somehow out-ranks Half-Life for development resources. Even though HL is the only reason Valve exists.


You have to remember, the voice actor for Breen died, no one knows outside of valve IF they needed him for ep3, maybe he had a big part in it and had to change a lot of the story of ep3 to do without him.

EP3 was not in development the last three years, probably very little and has been worked on a lot more for at least a year now.

But im a major valve die hard, i grew up on half life, so i dont care if ep3 isnt out for another year or two because it will be the last half life for a long long time.
"Alright, Lets poop out a daily" Day9- Daily #203
Hugoboss21
Profile Joined June 2009
France346 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-27 23:39:33
February 27 2011 23:38 GMT
#40
On February 27 2011 06:29 QuothTheRaven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2011 06:17 Zeroes wrote:
When does it come out?

April 18th

Can't wait!!!


April 18th....valve time

thats why on steam they only put "April, 2011"
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. --Carl Sagan
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech156
UpATreeSC 92
BRAT_OK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4769
Bisu 1819
Soulkey 1461
EffOrt 856
Mini 609
Horang2 378
Larva 372
ZerO 334
actioN 243
ggaemo 208
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 131
Yoon 109
Mind 97
Shinee 83
Sharp 69
hero 67
Sea.KH 65
sorry 63
Barracks 56
Snow 53
Hyun 41
Bale 30
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 24
Terrorterran 19
NaDa 18
Rock 16
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 12
Noble 11
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5434
qojqva2660
Dendi1268
420jenkins297
XaKoH 42
League of Legends
Reynor66
Counter-Strike
fl0m2943
x6flipin845
Fnx 689
edward43
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes370
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1329
hiko981
B2W.Neo428
FrodaN389
DeMusliM285
XBOCT232
Liquid`VortiX197
Livibee164
QueenE106
TKL 74
Mew2King44
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV143
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 46
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV606
League of Legends
• Nemesis3886
• TFBlade732
Other Games
• Shiphtur457
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 44m
Patches Events
23h 44m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.